Notebook in FM or pen and paper IRL?

I generally use a spreadsheet to make notes but I still find it slightly annoying having to alt-tab between screens.

Aside from that I do tend to use pen & paper to scribble quick notes mainly because I can do it while keeping FM on my screen.

Pen and Paper - then you can do tactics and shortlists all day at work and just take it home with you. And if you're really obsessed like me...you can jot in the notebook whilst you play fm at home ... i.e. tactical problems during matches, or players in squad that need replacing in the next window...

26 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Pen and Paper - then you can do tactics and shortlists all day at work and just take it home with you. And if you're really obsessed like me...you can jot in the notebook whilst you play fm at home ... i.e. tactical problems during matches, or players in squad that need replacing in the next window...

Ok thanks 

I recently found a box of grid paper at my mum's place and my first thought was 'this would be perfect for drawing up formations in FM'. I'm very much a pen and paper man. That said I also have a bunch of .txt files with a bunch of FM ramblings in them as well.

pen n paper, have also used spreadsheets to track progress of players due to my goldfish memory...  I have made notes on players in fm and forgotten about them too but more difficult to miss a pad of paper sat on me desk!

14 minutes ago, MaxTheManager said:

Is there anything specific you write?

I know you didn't quote me but I'll answer it.

For my spreadsheet I have columns for each main position and I keep a note of player, age, CA stars, PA stars, year contract ends and any weaknesses I feel are relevant.  This gives me a sort of quick overview and helps me plan for transfer windows.

I also list underneath squad rules and keep a note of relevant ones.

Pen & paper I mostly use during transfer windows to quickly note down a short, short list for a position.  I've tried creating new shortlists in FM or listing on the spreadsheet but just quickly jotting a few names down for a few in game weeks seems a lot quicker.

26 minutes ago, MaxTheManager said:

Is there anything specific you write?

I write down shortlists of players for future transfers, or do what if's on paper in terms of formation and roles with players names. I also jot down list of staff I need to replace or spare spots I have to fulfill. I use to also keep a spreadsheet for squad information but I have weened myself off that as I ended up spending more time in Excel then in FM :D

22 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

I know you didn't quote me but I'll answer it.

For my spreadsheet I have columns for each main position and I keep a note of player, age, CA stars, PA stars, year contract ends and any weaknesses I feel are relevant.  This gives me a sort of quick overview and helps me plan for transfer windows.

I also list underneath squad rules and keep a note of relevant ones.

Pen & paper I mostly use during transfer windows to quickly note down a short, short list for a position.  I've tried creating new shortlists in FM or listing on the spreadsheet but just quickly jotting a few names down for a few in game weeks seems a lot quicker.

Ok thanks

12 minutes ago, Powermonger said:

I write down shortlists of players for future transfers, or do what if's on paper in terms of formation and roles with players names. I also jot down list of staff I need to replace or spare spots I have to fulfill. I use to also keep a spreadsheet for squad information but I have weened myself off that as I ended up spending more time in Excel then in FM :D

Lol, thanks

25 minutes ago, MaxTheManager said:

Also can someone help me set up a training schedule?

I am focusing on youth development in my current save

There isn't really much to set up tbh.

On the coach screen make sure each category is on light workload and you aim for the most stars you can get but the light workload is more important.

If you don't know what the options do best to leave the main focus on Balanced with average intensity for the general training.  For the scheduling most players seem to like the setting slightly left of centre while match prep depends on your upcoming match (Tactics to increase the familiarity then whatever your AM recommends is usually fine).

Individual training you can select position, attribute & PPM.  Positions as you think a player needs them, a single attribute mostly for a weakness in key attributes and PPMs as you think a player benefits from.  You usually get advice from your staff on attribute/PPMs from time to time.

57 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

There isn't really much to set up tbh.

On the coach screen make sure each category is on light workload and you aim for the most stars you can get but the light workload is more important.

If you don't know what the options do best to leave the main focus on Balanced with average intensity for the general training.  For the scheduling most players seem to like the setting slightly left of centre while match prep depends on your upcoming match (Tactics to increase the familiarity then whatever your AM recommends is usually fine).

Individual training you can select position, attribute & PPM.  Positions as you think a player needs them, a single attribute mostly for a weakness in key attributes and PPMs as you think a player benefits from.  You usually get advice from your staff on attribute/PPMs from time to time.

Ok thanks for the help 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived