Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
monty99

1.4. game crashing when starting new game

like the title says when i start a new game using default and custom DB, i selected to load all leagues then once it`s loading it would crash 

tried again and this time selected just NHL league and that loads up fine :thup: but will keep checking them one by one 

Edited by monty99

this is weird now but it`s now loaded up all leagues etc with default and custom DB fine :D 

I just tried starting up a few new games, all with Extra Players/Staff/Financial Adjustments Disabled, a Full Database and Retain All Teams selected & in each test All Leagues were Selected; in each test I was unemployed, and simmed forward one day

• 1974 database, September 3rd Start Date, all worked fine

• Current TBL database (imported), Early Start Date (July 2nd), and a crash on the Select Options Screen occurred

• Current TBL database (subscribed), September 4th Start Date, all worked fine

• Current TBL database (imported), September 4th Start Date, and all worked fine  TWICE

• Current TBL database (subscribed), Early Start Date (July 2nd), all worked fine

• Current TBL database (imported), August 5th Start Date, all worked fine

• Current TBL database (imported), Early Start Date (July 2nd), all worked fine TWICE

• 1974 database, and a crash immediately (selecting database screen)

• 1974 database, September 3rd Start Date, all worked fine TWICE

So in starting 12 games, I did have two crashes, but they weren't "repeatable" (attempting to start another game after the crash with the same settings worked)

I haven't managed to get any crashes starting new games here, so I'd appreciate any further information on if it happens again.

Were the crashes already on the "Select Options Screen" after selecting the leagues but not the starting options ?

38 minutes ago, Riz Remes said:

I haven't managed to get any crashes starting new games here, so I'd appreciate any further information on if it happens again.

Were the crashes already on the "Select Options Screen" after selecting the leagues but not the starting options ?

As I noted, one of my crashes was in the Select Options Screen (after I clicked to advance it), and the other when selecting the database at the very start of the process...neither crash was "repeatable"

1 hour ago, Riz Remes said:

The crashes I got were when it was loading saying initialisation league data or something like that, but if it happens again I'll post in here :thup: 

I'm seeing the same issue.  I crash to desktop ("Program has stopped responding" dialogue box) about 80% of the way through "initializing game data" when attempting to start a new save.

I've attempted it a number of times, all with crashes at the same point.

Static parameters:

All leagues but the GB leagues and SPHL set to enhanced

US start date

Fog of war checked

Fantasy draft, randomized details, and disable starting financial details unchecked

Disable all extra staff and disable all extra players unchecked

nothing selectted for retain all players and staff

Dynamic parameters:

Default 2016, TBL 9.0b, and TBL 9.0b (1-19-2017) databases (TBL DBs subscribed through steam)

Great Britain leagues set to off, view only, or enhanced

SPHL set to view only or enhanced

Start date either Early or US

Database size set to normal or large

Add key staff, add players to playable teams, add extra junior players, add players to national team pools,  and retain all teams checked/unchecked

I have manged to load it successfully a few times while varying all the database and options but only loading the NHL/National League, which makes me think it might be something to do with a certain league and/or combination of leagues.

Curiously, both TBL 9.0 rosters have now disappeared from the ones I can select when starting a new save even though steam still shows I'm subscribed.

I'll update if I can nail it down.

Update:

OK, I think I (mostly) pinned it down.  I can consistently start a game with no crash so long as I leave either the SPHL/American Southern League or ECHL/American League 2 unchecked OR I don't check the add key staff, add players to playable teams, add extra junior players, and add players to national team pools boxes.

- If I enable both leagues and check the boxes I crash consistently during "initializing game data" (though once I got to creating shortlists before the crash when only enabling the NHL, ECHL, and SPHL).

- If I enable both leagues and don't check those options I've got a 50/50 shot of the game loading, though oddly this seems to improving the more I run the tests.

- If I disable one of those leagues I can check or uncheck the options I listed and load a new new game consistently.

No other leagues or options seem to make a difference.  Also my 9.0 rosters are still MIA, even after restarting steam ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also forgot to include my system specs before, so here are the interesting parts.  I can give more detail if it'll be helpful:

CPU: FX-8320, not overclocked

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3

RAM: 16GB DDR3

GPU: EVGA GTX 770 2GB

Edited by funkyb

ok just tried again and it`s still crashing  :(  using the TBL 9.0 DB i selected all leagues, then in the select options i unticked fog of war then ticked both add key staff and add extra junior players, then it crashes on initializing game data

EDIT: finally loaded after i never ticked add key staff, add players to playable teams, add extra junior players, and add players to national team pools boxes

Edited by monty99

Having the same issue. 

If my system specs can help... 

* Inte i7 6700K Skylake

* RAM: 32 GB 

* GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1060 6gb 

If more info can help, let me know. 

Thanks! 

I've narrowed the crashing down to the AHL in my database.  When I have the AHL selected, with whatever combination of other options, it crashes when the game initializes.  AHL worked fine prior to the update.

1 hour ago, monty99 said:

ok just tried again and it`s still crashing  :(  using the TBL 9.0 DB i selected all leagues, then in the select options i unticked fog of war then ticked both add key staff and add extra junior players, then it crashes on initializing game data

I just tried the same setup twice (once with imported 9.0b and once with subscribed 9.0b) and got a crash when initializing game data both times

It's crashing for me as well and this is what I've been selecting using the built in rosters:

crashing during initializing game data

All leagues selected

Select Options

Start date July 2nd 2016
Enable fog of war
add key staff
add players to playable teams
add extra junior players
add players to national team pools
retain all teams

Only American leagues selected
Select Options
Start date July 2nd 2016
Enable fog of war
add key staff
add players to playable teams
add extra junior players
add players to national team pools
retain all teams

After reading some of the posts on here.  I selected all leagues except for American League 1, selecting the same start date and options as above and it worked fine.  I tried again, same start date, same options, and only the default National League and American League 1 and it crashes again during initializing game data.

10 minutes ago, Nino-33 said:

I just tried the same setup twice (once with imported 9.0b and once with subscribed 9.0b) and got a crash when initializing game data both times

i`ve had no crashes since not selecting add players to playable teams, add extra junior players, and add players to national team pools boxes, everytime i clicked them it would crash :thup: 

edit: tried again this time selecting add key staff and add junior players, and left the AHL unticked and no crash 

Edited by monty99

Probably the new DB added some flags that messed up things with a league or two. I set up a fictional league similar to Denmark, and I noticed that it doesn't "save" winners. I then tried with Denmark league itself, no winners. 

Now I need to try with the default DB...

Looks to be a data issue with the USA League 1 All-Star teams which is causing issues when trying to add non-players to teams as it should not be processing the All-Star teams there at all. Looking into the needed fixes and we'll do a hot fix as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, kidhander1983 said:

Just to write that Denmark won't record league winners even with default DB

Will have a look at that too.

Edit: Issue located and a fix will be included in the hotfix.