Sports Interactive Community

Now i never share tactics as i tend to be of the opinion that just because it works for me doesn't meant it'll work for the rest of you, but due to the success with this one i thought i better share and see how others fair with it.

As the tile says i managed to go 69 games unbeaten using this tactic, admittedly i did sacrifice the cups by resting players and using a second string side in them but even so still managed to reach the FA Cup semi final and Champions League Quarters losing to Tottenham in both during that unbeaten season. 

The link for the tactic which is shared on Sortitoutsi is below, there you will see a few screenshots including transfers made to show i didn't make massive changes to the Arsenal squad and that my team wasn't full of superstars. Below is the main starting 11 i used.

Sanchez-DLF-At

Griezmann-SS  Ozil-AP-Su  Cazorla-AM-At

Coguelin-BWM-Df     Ramsey-MC-Au

Gibbs-FB-Au   Koscielny-CB     Mustafi-CB     Bellerin-FB-Au

Cech

As you can probably guess the key to this tactic is the front four, get them playing well together and you should have a successful time using it.

https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/30934/vps-arsenal-unbeatables 

10 minutes ago, Torminator said:

Looks great, will try it out tonight. Any special OI?

No none mate i feel they disrupt your own tactic too much. The only change i ever make with this one is to play attacking at home and if its a tough away game then change to defensive and naturally if you wish to see a game out if you have the lead then switch from attacking to something less so. Though i don't really recommend contain as that can sometimes just invite pressure.

Its been 50/50 i'd say. 

But i think my savegame might be bugged (every tactic i try looses against man utd 3 games later. and thats even with FMRTE to do tactic knowledge 100%.

So i might try this again with a new save

Edited by whispers

9 minutes ago, whispers said:

Its been 50/50 i'd say. 

But i think my savegame might be bugged (every tactic i try looses against man utd 3 games later. and thats even with FMRTE to do tactic knowledge 100%.

So i might try this again with a new save

Man Utd are simply massively overrated on this game, they're always at the top of the table where as the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and even Man City seem to really struggle sometimes.

Also better add that going out of the Champions League was my own fault as was still on the unbeaten league run and trying to maintain it. My group contained Ath Madrid, Inter and Sporting Lisbon, sadly playing a 'reserve' team just wasn't quite strong enough so had to settle for 3rd place. Hopefully we'll do better this season though have only signed a couple of players, Ederson from Benfica to replace Cech who left for Juventus and in what is certainly a bit of a shock transfer i managed to prize Dybala away from PSG for £155m, but to also ensure i kept spaces in the squad for the youngsters i also included Sanchez in the deal. So my 50 goal hero from last season is no longer at the club, could it prove a bad decision?

Edited by SortitoutsiVP

21 hours ago, whispers said:

After i started a new save the results were much much better. Its a really good tactic :) 

Glad to hear that :)

Feel free to post up your results etc.

Started a new careers, as said earlier, with Monaco and am rolling in the League 1. Really nice tactic. Although i feel it works best with Counter instead of attacking, because most teams park the bus against me.

Thanks for sharing Sortitoutsi.

21 minutes ago, Torminator said:

Started a new careers, as said earlier, with Monaco and am rolling in the League 1. Really nice tactic. Although i feel it works best with Counter instead of attacking, because most teams park the bus against me.

Thanks for sharing Sortitoutsi.

Yeah i've noticed that the longer i've used it attacking all the time isn't always the best method, though that's just the way i like to see football played so cant help it :lol:

33 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Yeah i've noticed that the longer i've used it attacking all the time isn't always the best method, though that's just the way i like to see football played so cant help it :lol:

I will switch to attacking once my defense (and overall squad level) improves. Still lacking a good shadowstriker, striker and Attacking midfielder. It appears that its really helpful if your att. mids. have good long shots.

7 minutes ago, Torminator said:

I will switch to attacking once my defense (and overall squad level) improves. Still lacking a good shadowstriker, striker and Attacking midfielder. It appears that its really helpful if your att. mids. have good long shots.

Cazorla was superb for me as the ATM, shame he wasn't a few years younger. Iwobi performs fairly well as the SS also though certainly early on in the game he's better as a back up. Depending what players you have left an idea may be to try Sanchez as the SS and then Welbeck upfront as the DLF, on paper it sounds like a very good option though not sure how it would do in the game. Would obviously need to retrain Sanchez for that position but should suit him just fine.

I'm having a go with the tactic using Spurs...some lovely attacking play and started with an unbeaten run of 15 games - ending with an away loss to Seville in the Champions Cup.

Two issues with the tactic that I wondered if you could help with. Firstly I concede a LOT of goals...even if I switch to counter in 9 cup and league goals I've scored 25 goals (inc an 8-3 victory against Palace) but conceded 14.

Anyone tried anything to tighten the defence a bit? 

Secondly Lloris keeps giving away silly goals by rolling the ball to an opposition attacker....which I think is a match engine issue rather than tactical. I've switched to long throws to see what happens.

58 minutes ago, Grubby said:

I'm having a go with the tactic using Spurs...some lovely attacking play and started with an unbeaten run of 15 games - ending with an away loss to Seville in the Champions Cup.

Two issues with the tactic that I wondered if you could help with. Firstly I concede a LOT of goals...even if I switch to counter in 9 cup and league goals I've scored 25 goals (inc an 8-3 victory against Palace) but conceded 14.

Anyone tried anything to tighten the defence a bit? 

Secondly Lloris keeps giving away silly goals by rolling the ball to an opposition attacker....which I think is a match engine issue rather than tactical. I've switched to long throws to see what happens.

I never really had a problem with the defensive side of it, though i had have a couple of games where everything the opposition hit went in meaning i ended up well beaten despite dominating the game overall.

As for the keeper rolling the ball out to their strikers, just try switching it so he passes to the full backs instead.

I just made this tactic from your SS (no custom player instruction), and it's working well for me.

QPR in 2020, just got promoted, won 6 from 10 which is good going. Didn't really have the players for 3 CAM but was going well.

It's the kind of tactic I like, fairly simple (not 80 instructions) but affective. Plus I like the 3 auto player mentalities as it lets me adjust during the game, which I do a lot (normally if I go 2 up, switch to defensive)

Also really enjoy your site, I think I follow you on twitter too!

Thanks

Edited by WillMcG99

7 hours ago, WillMcG99 said:

I just made this tactic from your SS (no custom player instruction), and it's working well for me.

QPR in 2020, just got promoted, won 6 from 10 which is good going. Didn't really have the players for 3 CAM but was going well.

It's the kind of tactic I like, fairly simple (not 80 instructions) but affective. Plus I like the 3 auto player mentalities as it lets me adjust during the game, which I do a lot (normally if I go 2 up, switch to defensive)

Also really enjoy your site, I think I follow you on twitter too!

Thanks

did u just make it using the default settings? just the positions and roles with no instructs? I seem to let in stupid amounts of goals..every game is like 5-4!!

Most of my games are ok, had one crazy 6-4 game, but 3-1 loss against city, 3-2 against Spurs otherwise mostly under 1 goal. I do tend to switch to defensive or counter when I score and both my cm are DMC/MC (Carlos Soler and Jordan Cousins)

Stopped playing as Arsenal and started a new game with my local side Southend, made no changes to the tactic other than playing with either a standard or defensive mentality rather than attacking unless i felt we was stronger than the opposition and at home too. Our odds for promotion were 450-1 at the start of the season...

JUFnXUj.png

5q72O5g.png

EMSYoOv.png

NlkeT1b.png

As you can see no massive transfer activity (cheating basically), just played the game as normal and managed promotion at the first time of asking. Though the Championship will be much tougher and i'll be happy with simply not being relegated!