Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
chopo

Youth players poached before even generating

Am a few years into the game managing Everton and tried to sign a wonderkid from City, looked at his history and noticed that he started out with Everton. Now I always keep a close eye when the youngsters are generated and make sure I know the good ones so I'm sure I'd have noticed him being there, then being poached. A year later and the same happened again, City again and another wonderkid who started out in the Everton academy.

Am I going mad or does this happen before they are generated? So they go straight to their youth team but the history shows a previous club?

Yes, you could say that - in the game universe - Man City signed your academy player before he was 16.

A real-life equivalent would be someone like Sheyi Ojo, who moved from MK Dons to Liverpool when he was 14 (i.e. before he would've generated in FM were he a 'newgen').

Thanks. Obviously it's part of the game so I take it there's nothing you can do about this in terms of strength of academy etc? I've had no wonderkids through in years, yet they've nabbed two off me.

Maybe you could try improving your youth recruitment network to increase the chances of you getting - and holding onto - high-potential youth players?

It may suck to 'lose' a hot prospect before you have had anything to do with them, but that does reflect what can happen in real-life.

Edited by CFuller

I've noticed this as well... but i found out in clauses section because someone negotiated payments for every 10, 20, 30... etc. games the players plays.

So why can't we do the same? Or is it the same as signing them before they've signed for their clubs in the couple days after they're generated?

7 minutes ago, wearesporting said:

So why can't we do the same? Or is it the same as signing them before they've signed for their clubs in the couple days after they're generated?

It happens for human users as well.

You'll find youth players generated for your club that started at another and they'll also have a number of clauses that you have to pay for them as well in the relevant section.

2 hours ago, wearesporting said:

We do, It happens off screen also. But if you look at history of players you will see they started elsewhere