Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
jeesh

The Chinese Club Factor

In real life, Chinese Clubs are spending stupendous and unimaginable amounts to buy players from European based leagues. The usefulness of this is it can help FFP situations of clubs. Particularly in many instances, clubs find it very hard to sell some players-Chinese clubs are willing to buy such players for top price. No European clubs are willing to match such wage and fee. This has implication even in FM. 

Now i play La Liga in FM. And i ve had UAE based clubs sign players on Bosman offering them massive wages. But still i havent seen any non European club offer massive transfer fees. 

Is this possible/planned in FM? 

I started with Everton and in the first two seasons I sold quite a few fringe players to Chinese clubs. It seems to have tailed off a little in the 4/5th season though.

My highest price sold to Chinese clubs is just only 10M (Fellani), but I've seen they bought a Man City player about 53M

I've seen Wanyama go there for £53M - The highest player I've sold there is Bolasie for £27M.

I think it really slows down in the later season as the squads are limited to 5 foreign players. As they offer massive wages then these players stay there for their duration of their contract and cannot be sold due to these wages. In later years the club can't go out and buy more due to their already massive wage bill and lack of registration space in their squad.

Do you need to load their leagues for these purchases to occur? Or it ll happen even if you load some select top European leagues. 

Big money transfers (£15m+) to Chinese Super League clubs in my save midway through third season

Yacine Brahimi - Porto to Guangzhou - £27.5m 
Domagoj Vida - Dynamo Kyiv to Guangzhou - £32.5m 
Victor Wanyama - Tottenham to Guangzhou - £41.5m
Marouane Fellaini - Man Utd to Hebei - £16.25m 
Lucas - Arsenal to Hebei - £28.5m 
Aymen Abdennour - Valencia to Jiangsu - £17.5m 
Kevin Kampl - Leverkusen to Jiangsu - £19.75m
Steven N'Zonzi - Sevilla to Tianjin - £26m
Luan - Atletico Mineiro to Tianjin - £19m
Sebastian Coates - Sunderland to Tianjin - £24.5m
Milan Badelj - Fiorentina to Shanggang - £16.75m 
Gabriel Paulista - Arsenal to Shanggang - £16.25m 

There's a lot of money in China, split mainly between five teams.

I've noticed a couple of Premier League players going to China, mostly those who are hitting 30 or so and are 3 star players wanting more pay.

Chinese Club a lot of money because of China's top leaders like football, but the level of China's national football team is still worse than Thailand.

In China, the value of the football market has nothing to do with the ability, a CA is 90+ Chinese player's transfer fee can often to more than 10 million euros.