The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RedRob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvd313:

Just give up Bordeaux

icon_cool.gif

Cant see how that is icon_cool.gif tbh, there are better ways of getting a move than behaving like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's not to say he won't act like that if he joins us and say, Man Utd or Chelski want him?

Originally posted by lovenkrands01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedRob:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvd313:

Just give up Bordeaux

icon_cool.gif

Cant see how that is icon_cool.gif tbh, there are better ways of getting a move than behaving like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's not to say he won't act like that if he joins us and say, Man Utd or Chelski want him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, there is nothing 'cool' about it and just shows the guy is a trouble maker and so isn't needed. Besides if there really is £5M to spend on this guy then mibbe would be better using some of that for Naismith and a couple of other players perhaps?

Guess it gives Webster until then to prove his fitness, although I suspect it's as much to do with the protracted nature of the transfer than anything else.

Still need another centre-half, someone to play on the right and hopefully Naismith. Plug those gaps, sell Sionko, Buffel and Sebo and we might have a squad fit to push Celtic next year.

Gers new Naismith offer rejected

Rangers latest bid to sign Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith has been rejected, BBC Scotland understands.

The Ibrox club have already made two offers for the player, but have again fallen short of the Ayrshire club's valuation of the 20-year-old.

Naismith, who scored 19 goals for Killie last season, has been linked with both Old Firm clubs this summer.

Sunday newspaper reports had claimed the Scotland international was poised to move to the Glasgow club this week.

A source reputed to be close to the player reportedly claimed over the weekend that the completion of a deal was imminent.

Rangers have already signed five players this summer, with Kirk Broadfoot, Alan Gow, Jean-Claude Darcheville, Graeme Smith and DaMarcus Beasley arriving at Ibrox.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kilmarnock/6258650.stm

Look just FO and geez peace pls kthnx

apparently Ham have offered £9m for Faubert, so no wonder the Bordeaux chairman took it

just another sign of the Premiership down there about to implode - I can see a NHL style salary cap being needed possibly as you have almost half the Premiership buying success and unfortunately for them there is only one winner and a few Europe places

obviously the Sky money has gone up, but it's getting to silly point down there when West Ham can offer £9m without thinking and Spurs can offer £16.5m for Bent (albeit with clauses)

Originally posted by TM:

apparently Ham have offered £9m for Faubert, so no wonder the Bordeaux chairman took it

just another sign of the Premiership down there about to implode - I can see a NHL style salary cap being needed possibly as you have almost half the Premiership buying success and unfortunately for them there is only one winner and a few Europe places

obviously the Sky money has gone up, but it's getting to silly point down there when West Ham can offer £9m without thinking and Spurs can offer £16.5m for Bent (albeit with clauses)

€9M it was for faubert (around £6.7M or something)

Originally posted by maukey:

Faubert has signed for West Ham then.

Turns out the Bordeux chairman wasn't lying then, there really was anoyher club very interested.

Bugger.

We'll sign him for 1.5 million in January when he stops getting a game for West Ham due to being cack. icon_smile.gif

6 million wasn't worth it anyways. We've seen so many big signings come to Scotland and fail to adapt to the game. 'Mon Naismith!

From Sky Sports

Gers miss out on Iranian ace!

Osasuna star Javad Nekounam claims he has turned down the chance to join Rangers in order to continue his development in Spain.

The Iranian international attracted a bid from Walter Smith's side - understood to be in the region of €1.5million (£1million) - after being named Osasuna's player of the season by fans of the Pamplona-based club.

However, the midfielder admits he has little desire to move to the SPL after a tremendous debut season in Spain, and will snub the long-term interest from Glasgow.

"Now I am not interested in Scotland," Nekounam told Diario de Noticias. "La Liga is spectacular and after my experience in the last campaign it would be madness to leave Osasuna.

"This is not the first time that the Scottish club have contacted me.

"Rangers wanted me during my time at Pas Tehran but finally a deal was impossible due to a question of money.

"In that time I had accepted to go to Scotland. Really British football is strong but now I prefer the technique and control of the ball in Spain.

"Osasuna presented the Rangers option to me. That was personal praise and demonstrated that my work in Spain is positive."

Nekounam is contracted to Osasuna until 2008 and his release clause is set at €5million (£3.4million).

Another player rejecting us. Is that how bad things are nowadays. icon_frown.gif

I've never heard of the lad anyways.

Originally posted by McD:

Am sure I know you from somewhere.

Haha 1 prob! been a while, can see this place is getting quiet.

Can see us wasting 2-2.5 mill on big lee mcculloch :-/

and maybe naismith and thats our whack for this summer.

Would like to see us go for Rommedhl or christian whilhelson tho as we could use more pace in the team. much more.

Naismith i think could use another year in Killmarnock tbh

Money we're spending on McCulloch must be a hidden clause or something in the JJB contract. Solid player, but mental to think we're laying down that much on one 29-year-old when we're seemingly so skint.

Still need to shift a few of the wasters. Guys like Sionko and Buffel are not adding squad depth. Celtic are on the right track. Get the deadwood punted to old chums O'Neil, Grant and Mowbray down south for their, ahem, market value. Smiles all round.

Still need to shift a few of the wasters. Guys like Sionko and Buffel are not adding squad depth. Celtic are on the right track. Get the deadwood punted to old chums O'Neil, Grant and Mowbray down south for their, ahem, market value. Smiles all round.

shame Buffel isn't out of contract this season as we'd have got 20 goals from him, many assists and probably had the player of the year on our hands icon_frown.gif

and I know it's the old Celtic chum thing but you really do have to wonder the mentality of Mowbray splashing out £1.25m (with add ons) for Beattie icon_biggrin.gif even he must know how injury-prone he is at first hand, surprised he got through the medical actually

it's obvious though that we need more signings, personally i think our weak areas are

cb - anyone better than cuellar.. lol

rb - we need cover for hutton, i'd like to see us go for trabelsi, since he's available for free)

rw - gera from wb or feindouno

fc - naismith (obviously)

Of course these are just my own thoughts.

Who would you guys would fit in well with us, besides Naismith lol.

Originally posted by TM:

and I know it's the old Celtic chum thing but you really do have to wonder the mentality of Mowbray splashing out £1.25m (with add ons) for Beattie icon_biggrin.gif even he must know how injury-prone he is at first hand, surprised he got through the medical actually

Sorely lacking in former Rangers players down south. Not too late for Souness to Man City is it? icon_biggrin.gif

Rather interesting...

A Trust delegation met with Chairman Sir David Murray and Martin Bain on Monday at Charlotte Square, Edinburgh. The Trust challenged the chairman on many issues and members can download the full minutes of the meeting via the following link.

RFC Meeting Minutes - Monday 02 July, 2007 (PDF File - 80k)

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.p...view&id=122&Itemid=1

Archived