Sports Interactive Community

Since I have updated to the latest version I'm unable to load my saved game. In fact, any option I choose on the main screen isn't 'highlighted' and doesn't allow me to choose it. If I click on load game or any other option, it just takes me back to my desktop. It doesn't close the application though. 

Im unable to do this, as I stated once im on the main page and click anywhere, it takes me back to my pc desktop. There seem to be no interaction with the game itself.

The game/application is still running. Clicking anywhere on the screen minimises the screen.

Thanks

All those things are to be done outside of the game. The game has to be closed in order to do them. 

I tried all the steps. Same thing. Everytime i try to click an option, it minimizes the game. The game is now loading the EULA  to be accepted.

Wont allow me to.

same problem here..today downloaded the game and it gets me to the EULA menu only and minimizes..all drivers checked..intel HD 530 and Nvidia GTX 960M all latest..the game downloaded DirectX 9.0 at  the beginning and this is it..

same problem here..today downloaded the game and it gets me to the EULA menu only and minimizes..all drivers checked..intel HD 530 and Nvidia GTX 960M all latest..the game downloaded DirectX 9.0 at  the beginning and this is it..  

found a fix..

go to installation folder..steam/steamapps//data/common/fm17 and right click on the FM app and run troubleshooting..run the game on settings for windows 8..and play the game..

i got windows insider 15007 installed..probably the latest build is the problem.. 

4 hours ago, maxmoris said:

found a fix..

go to installation folder..steam/steamapps//data/common/fm17 and right click on the FM app and run troubleshooting..run the game on settings for windows 8..and play the game..

i got windows insider 15007 installed..probably the latest build is the problem.. 

Please create your own thread as although the issue appears the same it could well be caused by something completely different.

Thanks. 

On 1/16/2017 at 22:12, rossy01 said:

I tried all the steps. Same thing. Everytime i try to click an option, it minimizes the game. The game is now loading the EULA  to be accepted.

Wont allow me to.

Okay try this (it includes steps you've already tried so skip them);

If that still doesn't work, try the following:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2017 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM17 through Steam

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

First step you mentioned, didn't work.

Second step did work. Obviously it's not full screen though.

Do you know why this stopped working? Is it due to an update? Seems like it's happening with others also.

Thank you for your help 

It can happen occasionally due to a combination of system configuration and Steam updates, however it's normally quite rare. Now you've got it started, if you change the display mode does it still work?