Hi all,

ive just started my second season with Inter and I'm having an issue with non-with slots.

The issue being I have 4 non-eu players in my squad but can only register 3 of them.

I have signed, coutihno and iheanacho in July 2017, kessie in Janurary 2017 and obviously I already have Barbosa in the squad making 4 players. However It gets even weirder as I signed iheanacho first out of him and coutinho but when I go to the registration page he's the one that's greyed out. I'm in pre-season still but I need this fixing before the season kicks off with a £30 striker in registered.

please help.

thanks

tom

Before you do sell any of these four (and if you like all four of these non EU players) look to see how many days they might require before becoming Italian citizens.     I am not familiar with these players you mention aside from Coutinho (if you mean Philippe) and I don't know his precise history, of when he first arrived in Italia.  See if any might be getting close to the required number of days.   Serie A and Serie B have plenty of players who are born in Uruguay, Brasil, Argentina, and even Colombia  yet who now have dual citizenship and thus are EU citizens. Thiago Motta is a famous example.  If Coutinho arrived in Italia in summer of 2008 to start with Inter, well, he's getting close, yes?

Also  - Is it possible to loan one out?   Perhaps a combination of loans over the next few years?  Yes, that might take a lot of patient waiting, but you can keep him all that time as an Inter player until one of the other three is no longer needed or until he has sufficient time to be a Italian or European.  Unless I am mistken, loan time also counts as time toward EU and dual nationality status.

Or -  can you still play one of them in the Inter Reserves?

I've tried to unregister all and start again but no luck.

I don't want to sell any of them to be honest either. 

Coutihno has 200 days left to become an English citizen so I'll try to loan him back to England till Jan. 

Pretty pissed though tbh 

@TomStretton

Click Serie A, click Rules.  Scroll down to Transfer Rules.

There are quite a lot but essentially boil down to you can only sign 2 non-EU players a season (along with other restrictions).  You signed 3 which is why you can't register all of them.

Some countries can have pretty hefty restrictions on signing foreign players, so at the start of a new game it can be a good idea to familiarise yourself with them if you aren't used to managing there.  I've been caught out like that myself before.

Archived