Dulwich Hamlet Academy Challenge - Champion Hill to Champions League!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 5 End

Well we made it to the play offs :)

season5end_zpsbbsgngpf.jpg

Sadly Tranmere's lucky 2-0 win in the first leg meant that my 2-1 win in the 2nd leg was no good. I say lucky, because I dominated them and they had 4 shots in the whole game and scored 2 :(

Ah well onwards and upwards.

Season 6 Goals

Hoping to finish in the playoff spots again. Fingers crossed I can manage it.

Gonna re-start the challenge.

I'm spending over 3 million a year now on Youth Recruitment in the Championship with my exceptional Junior Coaching but i'm still only getting players through with current ability of Conference/North & South.

So what's the point?

Junior Coaching is supposed to affect CA only, it doesn't appear to working.

Youth Recruitment is supposed to affect PA but that is broken and cannot be upgraded anyway.

Not upgrading Junior Coaching shouldn't have any effect on the PA of my youth players, even when spending a fortune on Junior Coaching their CA is awful anyway.

So i'm going to leave Junior Coaching at the default settings & spend the millions I've been wasting on Junior Coaching on improving Training & Youth Facilities + Youth Level which should enable good prospects to improve quicker anyway and benefit the first team as well.

Interesting to see if there is any effect on the quality of my intakes, I have a pretty good handle on what I would normally get.

13 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Gonna re-start the challenge.

I'm spending over 3 million a year now on Youth Recruitment in the Championship with my exceptional Junior Coaching but i'm still only getting players through with current ability of Conference/North & South.

So what's the point?

Junior Coaching is supposed to affect CA only, it doesn't appear to working.

Youth Recruitment is supposed to affect PA but that is broken and cannot be upgraded anyway.

Not upgrading Junior Coaching shouldn't have any effect on the PA of my youth players, even when spending a fortune on Junior Coaching their CA is awful anyway.

So i'm going to leave Junior Coaching at the default settings & spend the millions I've been wasting on Junior Coaching on improving Training & Youth Facilities + Youth Level which should enable good prospects to improve quicker anyway and benefit the first team as well.

Interesting to see if there is any effect on the quality of my intakes, I have a pretty good handle on what I would normally get.

I've been frustrated on youth only saves in the past by not been able to get Youth Recruitment moving, though not usually in English saves.

Recently, although it never pops up as an option when on the board requests screen, i've found if you attend interviews for other jobs (even though I don't intend to take one) then when your board offer you terms to stay if you make a request to them at that point improving youth rec is almost always an option, and they'll usually agree to it to keep you if you're doing a good job. It's right at the bottom of the requests lists, I missed it the first couple of times because JC, training and youth facilities are the first 3 so I keep assuming youth rec wasn't there.

I managed to get mine from limited to extensive in Kazakhstan in less than 10 seasons this way, only asking for it each time I attended an interview when English clubs kept coming in for me. Might be worth a try with Dulwich too?

Season 6 Intake

Only really a couple of players worth tagging

Season6intake_zpsvtk2z4s8.jpg

yp23a_zpszeditjtz.jpg

yp23b_zpsjbihgfmt.jpg

As you can see Robertson has had a game already and what an eventful game it was.

He gave away a penalty within seconds of coming on. Thankfully they missed it :)

8 Games to go and I am hovering around the playoffs.

Ok,

First season after restart went well. Managed to get up at first attempt with a fortuitous set of results on the last day of the season, we had been front running all season so I felt we deserved it.

Vanarama_National_League_South_Overview_image hosting no sign up

Got a stronger squad this time with Levi Rowley, Aaron Mitchell & Kieron Djilali.

I didn’t upgrade my Junior Coaching, got 1 quality player Otavio who has excellent potential but is coming from a very low base. Rest of intake was garbage.

Otavio_Overview_Profile.pngimage upload with preview

This Otavio into my second season, had a few games and is coming on but you can see the low base attributes he's coming from.

My initial thoughts are that Junior Coaching is likely working as intended and should be advanced, however it is very expensive and taking it to exceptional very quickly will mean as Dulwich you won’t be able to raise the youth level or improve any facilities as you will swallow all of your budget on Junior Coaching.

Part of the issue is that as Dulwich when you get into League 2 and league 1 you generally have the worst attendance in the League and miss out on a lot of revenue.

This is partly due to the capacity of your ground, I got a new ground early in my last save but it only had a capacity of 5500, this is ok for League 2 but in League 1 its sells out week in week out. My ground could be expanded but I never had the cash to do this due to ridiculous junior coaching costs.

So I will allow myself 1 junior coaching increase per promotion. I will also attempt to use DeeJ’s method to increase Youth Recruitment as well, again 1 increase per promotion.

This should ensure some improvement in youth intakes whilst still allow funds to improve all the facilities (with the odd cup run).

Once you make it to the Championship you should be able to max everything out as by this time I was getting £2 million in sponsorship and £5m solidarity payment + £250k per month TV money.

I have my squad tied down to 2 year contracts now, I will only lose 1 or 2 due to age so we having the makings of a squad already good enough to challenge to get out of the National League over the next 2 or 3 years I think subject to a couple of youth candidates in the right areas.

Finally the tactic from my other save was a bit bonkers down here so changed to a flat 451.

Dulwich_Hamlet_Overview.pngimagehost

Yep,

Junior Coaching can be upgraded via the usual board request as usual.

Youth Recruitment is apparently bugged and never appears as an upgradeable option, however someone earlier in the thread indicated you can request this when you are in negotiations to stay at the club after attending an interview elsewhere.

i'll try again later in the season.   

Looking at the options again I think it might be Club Academy option (2nd from bottom)

1 hour ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Yep,

Junior Coaching can be upgraded via the usual board request as usual.

Youth Recruitment is apparently bugged and never appears as an upgradeable option, however someone earlier in the thread indicated you can request this when you are in negotiations to stay at the club after attending an interview elsewhere.

i'll try again later in the season.   

Looking at the options again I think it might be Club Academy option (2nd from bottom)

It wasn't there on the picture you posted above, but I probably should point out I didn't get it in every negotiation when I attended a job interview, but did at least once per season.

If/when it appears for you, it will turn up between the parent club and youth level option. Think the exact wording is "I would like the board to consider improving youth recruitment" or something very similar.

I made it to the play off final last night, but turned it off before playing as I was tired and frustrated and thought it may push me over the edge lol!

If I don't make it up I will be in trouble as my best player wants to leave, am hoping that winning and getting into the football league will be enough to make him want to stay! Fingers crossed for tonight is all I am saying.

It was another close fought season as well. It went down to the final game of the season again. I was in 6th place so relying on results elsewhere. Accrington in 4th were playing Eastleigh and Bromley in 5th were playing Tranmere (League Winners with 102pts after the game). Both teams lost and I was playing bottom of the league so it was just a formality for me really. Very stressful end to the season though.

Will update tonight ;)

No way I could sleep on that!

Good luck.

1st season in National League and I'm just about in the play offs spots in January.

Took me 8 seasons to get out of this league last time round, getting a slightly better starting squad this time has helped along with the 451.

26 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

No way I could sleep on that!

Good luck.

1st season in National League and I'm just about in the play offs spots in January.

Took me 8 seasons to get out of this league last time round, getting a slightly better starting squad this time has helped along with the 451.

I wouldn't normally mate, but i'd been getting so angry the last few games. I kept conceding stupid goals and giving away stupid penalties to almost blow my chances and it was 1.30am, my alarm was set for 6.30 lol.

Yeah that Rowley was awesome for me, but left very early on :(

The first time I had a really good left back and right back but this time i've not had the best :(

41 minutes ago, Sanno11 said:

@Mr U Rosler and @Gareth Winter Keep up the good work guys. I am doing the youth challenge in England and share the same frustrations as you, I am interested to see if the tip from Offiallydeej works for youth recruitment.

Your last comment made me laugh Gareth, I am the same, I am old enough to know better but still find myself in that position.

Haha I'm 34, you'd think I would have learnt by now. I average around 5- 5.5 hours sleep a night. I am sure it will catch up with me one day!

Got a monster in my youth intake.

Arrived ready made good for National League as a 16 year old. Definite Championship potential.

I have only increased my Junior Coaching once and its rated adequate. In 16 seasons in last save with Exceptional Junior Coaching I never got anyone rated as good for National league straight out of the box.

Weird game this.

Richard_Salifu_Overview_Profile_2.pngphoto uploading

Crikey, we're up!

2 promotions in 2 seasons!

Sneaked into play offs, 4-0 winners in the Semi's over 2 legs and won final 1-0 with a goal from guess who...... my new boy Salifu who i'm retraining as a right midfielder.

League 2 here we come.... took me 8 seasons last time!

Ebbsfleet_v_Dulwich_Hamlet_Analysis_Postfree picture upload

Vanarama_National_League_Overview_Stagesupload

20 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Interesting, new stadium on the way. Crappy 5,000 capacity.

Moving to Plough Lane for a couple of years whilst they build it.

Mine is being expanded to 5750 I think it was.

I am spewing money left right and centre though. I am in the red! Don't think I've been in the red the entire time until now.

1 hour ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Think you get about £400k at the end of season as solidarity payment.

Just lost my first league 2 game 5-0 :D

I didn't play many games in the league. I think I lost the 1st one, won the 2nd one and went straight out of the ELF cup to Tranmere, the team I came up with. Annoyingly, i battered them, but conceded two late goals. 

I have gone back to a 4312. I just like the style of football that comes from it.

Just need to work on the late goals. I think I need to shut up shop at some point, it's just knowing when is a good point.

Quick update.

Finding League 2 a bit of a struggle, including the season before I took over we've had 3 promotions in a row.

Its a big ask for this squad to stay up. 

Having said that I have a pretty strong midfield, attack was decent until I just lost Salifu for £750k (board accepted offer) but my defense is weak and my keeper never seems to actually make any saves.

However, only 2 teams go down from League 2, Doncaster are way off the pace and are gone so the final relegation spot is between me and 4 or 5 other teams.

I've gone back to the 3322 and picked up a couple of wins and finally have a bit of breathing space.

Club has £1.2m in the bank with a solidarity payment to come. My youth intake was useless so i've requested an upgrade in Junior Coaching which is now rated as good.

Despite trying about 10 times i've never had the chance to request improved Youth Recruitment in the post job interview scenario.

I just wanted to add that I have tried twice to force the improved youth recruitment, post interview and both times it wasn't available. The only options available were the ones I could request from my board in the normal manner.

Good luck surviving, it is so disheartening having your best talent sold like that, I really wish we had more control.

hey guys quick question; do you mind if i join this challenge and post here with FM 2016? Got the 16 version a while ago but never really played it and dont really see how the 17 version will add to the excitement. 

Hi baye, no problem, go for it.

Its all about the journey and the story so it will still apply.

Be aware there was a stadium bug in FM16 where capacity did not get increased as you moved up the leagues.

I ended up playing in the Premier League in front of crowds of 4000 despite it being contrary to thier rules.

You might want to edit your stadium pre game to 15,000 or 20,000.

season 1

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 14.11.46.png

Vanarama South 

2nd place finish

play-offs

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 12.28.47.png

crazy match on our ''terrible pitch''. Opposition coach was moaning about the condition of the pitch (which we now have relayed for next season). After missing multiple half chances and conceding the 0-1 i was amazed with the 0-2, which was a misplaced clearance bouncing off one of my defenders right in front off Kaja. Luckily we got a scrappy goal going for us as well and reached the play-off final.

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 12.55.00.png

terrible match. We didn't create enough chances and Oxford were much better. Before this match our record against oxford city was excellent having played them 4 times (2 times in a fa qualifying round) winning both our home matches and drawing the away ones. I dont understand however why the final has 800 less spectators then the semi?????:rolleyes: anyway its better to develop my youngsters in this league for our squad does not have enough depth for the next level

FA cup

Spoiler

fa cup

as i had a ****** away form i adapted the tactic too play very defensively away from home as to get a replay, which also means more money from ticket sales. It worked 

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.27.00.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.27.14.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.27.28.png

as to demonstrate the effectiveness of this tactic, in this match^^^ oxford had 21 shots and 0 ccc. 

58b21411cdcfa_ScreenShot2017-02-26at00_27_59.png.b003b5a30d27b2c0b05fbcfcf97c5b26.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.28.14.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.28.25.png

got lucky with the draw here

58b214134213d_ScreenShot2017-02-26at00_28_37.png.d88db62349ce6a05bfca07bb133026f3.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 00.29.05.png

this game was televised... so $$$$$ 

Couple of seasons to update.

Just missing out on relegation to just missing out of play offs.

By restricting Junior Coaching I've had the cash to update both Training and Youth Facilities, this combined with playing at a higher level has brought the team on nicely.

We move to new stadium next season, have cash in the bank are set for a run at promotion.

Also helped by a new 4132 below (with old school defending fullbacks)

Sky_Bet_League_Two_Overview_Stages.pngimage hosting

Sky_Bet_League_Two_Overview_Stages_2.pngfree upload pictures

Dulwich_Hamlet_Overview_3.pngupload a picture

Tactic is here if anyone wants to try it https://www.mediafire.com/?uae1fku9a3n99em

I've so far not been able to make any tactic work without wingers. Most of my goals come from crosses and my best player last season was my left winger (supporters player of the year + VNS player of the year) who unfortunately didnt want to extend his contract and is now a free agent and still hasnt found a new club but he isnt interested in signing as Dulwich doesnt fit his ambitions:seagull: and he was playing on the left side in a 442 set-up

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 11.08.33.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 11.08.40.png

those 27 goals in the 6 yard box are always from deep crosses where usually the right or left winger has a tap in

On 26/02/2017 at 08:40, Mr U Rosler said:

Levi Rowley picked up the League 2 player of the season breaking the Assist record along the way, causing havoc from midfield.

Levi_Rowley_Overview_Profile.pngprint screen

I am still bitter about him. He left me and wouldn't re-sign when I moved up a league and ended up retiring because nobody else wanted him!

had the same with my left winger. Won player of the season and fans player of the year, didnt want to extend his contract and hasnt played a game since

EDIT: he has just signed with Margate who got promoted and went straight back down so didnt play for a year and now plays in the same league as our team:rolleyes:

Season 7 Intake

Got my intake last night. Couple of gems in there I think. Didn't get a chance to see how they shape up against my first teamers yet, but I think there may be a couple of starters potentially!

Which going on how bad I'm performing in the league right now, is not a bad thing.

Season7intake_zps0wodw3e1.jpg

yp24a_zpsdnalxpyu.jpg

yp24b_zpszm4wjrcf.jpg

yp24c_zpstmymnimz.jpg

yp24d_zpsduqt8nrt.jpg

Fingers crossed some of them come good and quick!

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 14.11.46.png

17/18

5th in the league

play-offs semi-final

Play-offs final

FA Cup

Fa cup 3rd qualifying round

FA cup 1st round

Dreadful start to the season with only 6 points(1 win/ 3 draws) from the first 8 matches. Players requested a meeting and everything. However i kept faith in my beloved 442 formation and tweaked a bit with the individual roles. It worked and the next 8 matches we got 22 points and 8 clean sheets in a row. After being out of the play-offs spots for most of the season, at the last match day we got into 5th place by winning 3-2 at home against Bath and getting lucky with the results elsewhere. Play-offs; same old story, lost in the final for the second year running.

Youth Intake

Suleiman George (y183)

2nd choice rightback at the moment

Serkan Demir (y184)

(this screen is from the beginning of season 4) Promoted directly into the first team. Made 10 appearances in his first season, scored 3 and assisted 3. His determination went from 10 to 18 after i let one of my senior strikers tutor him:D. Has been outstanding in season 3 (will post that later) and has at this point caps under his belt for the turkish national team under 18 and 21. 

Joe Payne (y180)

Has 4,5 stars potential and now in season 4 also 4,5**** current ability. Best player at the club right now.

and a couple of other 3,5/ 4 star potentials who as yet havent been involved much in the first team

18/19

1st in VNS

fixtures 1 fixtures 2 16 game unbeaten run

Serkan Demir (y184)

Player of the season for my 17yr old

Joe Payne (y180) 11 goals in 35 appearances from left wing

won manager of the season

youth intake

Jimmy Rivers (y190) one of the best of his generation

Archived