Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
swedish_Lenny

Problems with creating mirrored reserve leagues

Hello!

I'm having problems with creating reserve leagues, which should mirror a specific first team league.
For example: Level 4 contains 9 leagues, let's call them 4A, 4B,..., 4H, 4I
The reserve leagues should each get a parallel reserve league, which contains the reserve team of the first teams. The reserve league shouldn't have promotion or relegation rules. So if the first team winner of 4A is promoted to league 3A, their reserve team isn't selected for the next year. In contrast, the reserve team of the relegated team from 3A is part of the reserve league 4A in the following season.
In short, the reserve league 4A should always contain the reserve teams of the first team league 4A.

My first attempt was to create a generic reserve league with the “reserve rules” (advanced rules > “nation” > reserve rules > reserve leagues). I selected “mirror main division” as league type, because I think, that this should be exactly the option I’m looking for. I chose the specific competition (4A) and added some minor settings (start date, end date, match day, etc.).
But the problem is, that this league was never created during the game, no matter which settings I used. I tried to test the same settings with type “use teams from division” or “regional divisions”, where some reserve leagues were created. But with this settings, it gets all reserve teams of the division level 4 (A to I), so this isn’t a solution.

The second try was to create a reserve league from scratch (“list” > add new league). Which ment to create a new competition in the database, but my goal would be not to touch the database (in terms of compatibility and workload). However, using this method I need to define the teams which should be contained in the reserve league. But I couldn't find a fitting adjustment, which "gets all teams form division" and then only takes the reserve teams of the selected teams and uses them to create the reserve league 4A.
Every time I tried to run this, the reserve league wasn't created, because it couldn't find the suitable teams.

Has anyone created mirrored reserve league before or has an idea how to create functioning mirrored reserve leagues, please help me.

Thank you for your help!

Edited by swedish_Lenny

Yes.

I have the same system. Reserve teams do not EARN promotion. But, if the main squad is promoted/relegated the respective reserve team also shifts division.

Here's how I have mine set up.

RESERVE RULES:

* Reserve Teams To Create - U23's, U19's, Create Teams When Using Basic Detail

RESERVE RULES > RESERVE LEAGUES:

* Add league for each division and Age group (For example: I have three divisions and - as shown above - two age groups, thus 3x2 = 6 leagues)

Within the reserve leagues you have created select:

* TYPE = Use Teams from division

* DIVISION LEVEL = Set it to the respective 'Main leagues' index

That's it, have fun!

EDIT - Just to confirm. This is using the Nation Rules method.

Edited by KnightsofStanley

On 08/01/2017 at 16:15, swedish_Lenny said:

Hello!

I'm having problems with creating reserve leagues, which should mirror a specific first team league.
For example: Level 4 contains 9 leagues, let's call them 4A, 4B,..., 4H, 4I
The reserve leagues should each get a parallel reserve league, which contains the reserve team of the first teams. The reserve league shouldn't have promotion or relegation rules. So if the first team winner of 4A is promoted to league 3A, their reserve team isn't selected for the next year. In contrast, the reserve team of the relegated team from 3A is part of the reserve league 4A in the following season.
In short, the reserve league 4A should always contain the reserve teams of the first team league 4A.

My first attempt was to create a generic reserve league with the “reserve rules” (advanced rules > “nation” > reserve rules > reserve leagues). I selected “mirror main division” as league type, because I think, that this should be exactly the option I’m looking for. I chose the specific competition (4A) and added some minor settings (start date, end date, match day, etc.).
But the problem is, that this league was never created during the game, no matter which settings I used. I tried to test the same settings with type “use teams from division” or “regional divisions”, where some reserve leagues were created. But with this settings, it gets all reserve teams of the division level 4 (A to I), so this isn’t a solution.

The second try was to create a reserve league from scratch (“list” > add new league). Which ment to create a new competition in the database, but my goal would be not to touch the database (in terms of compatibility and workload). However, using this method I need to define the teams which should be contained in the reserve league. But I couldn't find a fitting adjustment, which "gets all teams form division" and then only takes the reserve teams of the selected teams and uses them to create the reserve league 4A.
Every time I tried to run this, the reserve league wasn't created, because it couldn't find the suitable teams.

Has anyone created mirrored reserve league before or has an idea how to create functioning mirrored reserve leagues, please help me.

Thank you for your help!

SEE PREVIOUS POST

Hello KnightsofStanley,

thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, I'm having 9 leagues in division 4. I didn't tried it yet, but I'm assuming that with this method, it is going to create 9 reserve leagues.
But I only want to pick specific leagues of division 4, which should get a reserve league, for instance 4A, 4B and 4C.

any ideas?

Yes, simple.

You add (create) individual reserve leagues manually by referencing the main division you intend to replicate at reserve level.

So, if you have 9 Sub Divisions at Level 4: 4A, 4B, 4C etc...

You can create a reserve league for any which one's you want:

But the problem is, that the only option to reference to the main league which I what to replicate at reserve level, is by choosing "mirror main division" as type and then choose the "competition" which, as I have written before, never created a reserve league...

The types "use teams from division", "regional divisions" and "local regions" only allow to choose the division and not the specific league. So this three options create a wild mishmash of all 9 leagues containing division 4, which isn't what I intend to do.

Maybe the division tree helps for better understanding. The bold leagues should get replicate reserve league.

division 1: League A
division 2: League A
division 3: League A, League B, League C
division 4: League A, League B, League C, League D, League E, League F, League G, League H, League I
divison 5: ...

You can solve this but need some manual editing skills. Use "regional division" option and add 1 region - this option is bugged and you cant change region in editor-its always south-east.

Extract your file uncompressed - as xml. When you open that xml file you need manualy to edit that region uid. But you need first to find out what uid is your regions for leagues A,B and C. And no - not UID from editor. You need to make 1 change for every region you want to add in reserve leagues (for example north,west,central). Change is not important-you can change name for example for that 3 regions and extract file same way - as xml. When you open that 2nd xml you will see 3 changes wrriten to file.Every change have line :

<large id="db_unique_id" value="1428609856094364837"/>

and that number between "" is your uid.

If your leagues have teams from more than 1 region that you must add all regions to the list (all will be "south-east" because its bugged) and change manualy.

Thank you for your answer krlenjushka!

I have been wondering, why the region option wasn't working properly, but that explains it.
It is not the optimal solution for me, because the leagues are not 100% sharply region seperated. But it seems to be the best solution, as long as "mirror main division" is not working.

For me the unique ID shown in the editor did the job. I didn't had to use the "db_unique_id".

yeah you can add unique id to regions - i forgot that. Also if you add several regions game will regionalise teams very good. almost all teams from 1 city will be in 1 group and so on...