touchline team talk effecting tactic???

Ive Asked this question before but it wasn't answered :)

when you give a touchline team talk does it effect your tactic? for an example you instruct your team to push forward, does this push your defensive line up and or change your mentality to something more attacking for 10 or so minutes.

if this is the case is there a guide of the different cause and effects of Touchline team talks? 

5 hours ago, FM Life said:

Ive Asked this question before but it wasn't answered :)

when you give a touchline team talk does it effect your tactic? for an example you instruct your team to push forward, does this push your defensive line up and or change your mentality to something more attacking for 10 or so minutes.

if this is the case is there a guide of the different cause and effects of Touchline team talks? 

Yes certain touch line team talks will affect your tactic, I will use them near the end of game or if I see nervous or complacent players. 

Try reading this guide for a good overview and when to use them. 

http://www.thehighertempopress.com/praise-game-team-talks/

They are not mandatory to be used but they can be useful under the right circumstances.

2 hours ago, Powermonger said:

Yes certain touch line team talks will affect your tactic, I will use them near the end of game or if I see nervous or complacent players. 

Try reading this guide for a good overview and when to use them. 

http://www.thehighertempopress.com/praise-game-team-talks/

They are not mandatory to be used but they can be useful under the right circumstances.

That's a very good guide. As the one comment below said, it probably won't drastically change the outcome of a game, but it can certainly help give your players a nudge.

Is "touchline team talk" changing any single instruction of your tactic ? No.  Neither for a minute, nor for 10 or more. 

Is "touchline team talk" changing the behaviour of your players ? Yes. This behaviour is not determined only by tactics. Individual characteristics of a player (especially mental attributes and hidden attributes)  have a  great influence.  

Can "touchline team talks" improve team performances ? Yes, but only if  is already used a quality tactic. Team talks are not "tactic tweaks" and they are complete useless if a tactic is not working well without these 'talks'.

15 hours ago, GreenTriangle said:

Is "touchline team talk" changing any single instruction of your tactic ? No.  Neither for a minute, nor for 10 or more. 

Is "touchline team talk" changing the behaviour of your players ? Yes. This behaviour is not determined only by tactics. Individual characteristics of a player (especially mental attributes and hidden attributes)  have a  great influence.  

Can "touchline team talks" improve team performances ? Yes, but only if  is already used a quality tactic. Team talks are not "tactic tweaks" and they are complete useless if a tactic is not working well without these 'talks'.

so its used to only change body language and maybe morale?

because touchline talks like Push forward and get creative i don't really see that as a behavior or body language thing.

and without knowing what mechanics are behind this feature you could argue the point that it changes your tactic in most shouts.

Calm down = don't hard tackle - stay on feet - close down less

get creative = be more expressive

concentrate = stick to positions

show passion = close down more - get stuck in

etc etc 

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an oldish thread but I'd be curious to know what effect some of the touchline team talks have during a match.

Ones such as "Push forward" for example. Does that tweak a "slider" behind the scenes to tweak player mentalities slightly? Ordinarily if I was using a standard mentality and wanted my team to push forward I could switch the mentality to something more attacking, push the defensive line up, change player duties, or add player instructions to get "further forward".

Surely someone must have a yes or no answer, does a touchline team talk such as push forward effect the tactics in the same way as team or player instructions?

From what I understand is that under the hood everything runs on sliders, the team instructions screen etc is pretty much just a different gui, so I'm curious whether certain team talks tweak those under the hood sliders.

Archived