Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

There weren't any ME changes so nothing should be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Time_Consumer said:

I'm really confused by which is which regaring the downloads at the end of OP. All 4? 

There is a tactic with forwards and a tactic without forwards which is better and resembles Atletico's playing style more as the strikers get more involved in the build up and track back further than the half way line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OhhScottySinclair said:

There is a tactic with forwards and a tactic without forwards which is better and resembles Atletico's playing style more as the strikers get more involved in the build up and track back further than the half way line.

Thanks. I guess the DLP/BBM is the "standard" strikerless and the one with two BWMs the one to grind out results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this, I've been looking for some guidance on a 442 for my Birmingham City game when we've just been promoted but I've had to resort to plug and play tactics which feels like cheating and I hate playing with more than 10 instructions!

Are there any changes you'd specifically make for a newly promoted team? My media prediction is 19th as probably half the team is the one I started with, which was predicted 10th in the Championship.

I usually default to Cleons Art of Counter Attacking 4-1-4-1 but wanted to try something different. Either way, I'll read it and build something, although got the top 6 in a row next so not expecting much.....!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heisenburglar said:

Thanks for this, I've been looking for some guidance on a 442 for my Birmingham City game when we've just been promoted but I've had to resort to plug and play tactics which feels like cheating and I hate playing with more than 10 instructions!

Are there any changes you'd specifically make for a newly promoted team? My media prediction is 19th as probably half the team is the one I started with, which was predicted 10th in the Championship.

I usually default to Cleons Art of Counter Attacking 4-1-4-1 but wanted to try something different. Either way, I'll read it and build something, although got the top 6 in a row next so not expecting much.....!

Pray and counter attack :lol:, if you use the striker formation get atleast one of your strikers to man mark the opposition CM's and try to strengthen your CB's and Forwards, if you have an sort of cash I strongly recommend Moussa Dembéle consistent 20 goals a season in any league, Good luck mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OhhScottySinclair said:

Pray and counter attack :lol:, if you use the striker formation get atleast one of your strikers to man mark the opposition CM's and try to strengthen your CB's and Forwards, if you have an sort of cash I strongly recommend Moussa Dembéle consistent 20 goals a season in any league, Good luck mate.

I bought a new core from Celtic of O'Connell, Ajer and Dembele which was my whole budget, but solid as I'm sure you'll attest :D

 

Built something similar with a Standard mentality and nearly kept out champions Spurs and won convincingly at Goodison, so looks like it's working!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, heisenburglar said:

I bought a new core from Celtic of O'Connell, Ajer and Dembele which was my whole budget, but solid as I'm sure you'll attest :D

 

Built something similar with a Standard mentality and nearly kept out champions Spurs and won convincingly at Goodison, so looks like it's working!

100%, I wonder what the bookies are giving for a Dembéle top scorer:brock:      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2017 at 23:27, OhhScottySinclair said:
 
Thread Inspired by -
Diego Simeone's 4-4-2 Atletico Madrid
 
(!Watch Video!)
 
The Rise of Atletico Madrid and Diego Simeone
 
 
 
 
 

  Simeone's Major Honours with Atletico

  La Liga (1): 2013–14 

Copa del Rey (1): 2012–13

Supercopa de España (1): 2014

UEFA Europa League (1): 2011–12

UEFA Super Cup (1): 2012

 UEFA Champions League Runner-up (2): 2013–14, 2015–16

 

Simeone has established Atletico as a Spanish giant as Real, Barcelona and Atleti challenge for the title every year, one of the most sought managers in Europe here is why Simeone has been so successful in transforming a mid table Atletico Madrid side into one of the most feared teams in Europe not only able to compete in the Champions League and domestically but Reach the final twice and become champions of La Liga.

 
Under Simeone Atlético Madrid play a unique style of football in comparison to the rest of the modern game, whilst teams like Barcelona prefer a 'Tiki Taka' philosophy dominating most matches with patient passing and keeping a large percentage of the ball or teams like Arsenal playing a vibrant attacking (4)-2-3-1 set up :lol:, Diego Simeone prefers a classic 4-4-2 formation but is much more advanced and effective than the old target man and poacher set up. Simeone engrains cohesion, organisation and discipline into his side in order to try and achieve a result, set up with 2 banks of 4 and 2 front men every player on his team contributes to the defensive and pressing side of the game with a lot of ground to cover attacking and defending as a unit, Simeone has his men set to press high up the field in an attempt to win the ball early on starting with his forwards and if the ball crosses into his teams territory his defensive line retreats much deeper and his team sit very narrow compressing the space in the centre of the pitch and forcing the opposition out wide where their wingers are pressed aggressively and a counter attack is quickly launched.
 
 
 
- Against stronger opposition Atletico Madrid are known to sit deep and frustrate the opposition in an attempt to grind out a result
- Against weaker opposition Atletico sit with a higher defensive line in an attempt to compress the space in the opposition half with a high tempo to unsettle them and get a goal.
 
 
This tactic will attempt to:
 
- Play a narrow 4-4-2 shape and use it to similar effect as Atletico Madrid.
- Emulate Diego Simeone and Atletico's Pressing.
- Remain disciplined in attack and defence.
- Play high pressing high tempo counter attacking football.
- Remain hard to break down and frustrate opponents
- Rely on teamwork, work rate and aggression rather than technical ability of individuals to win games.
 
 
 
 
      Main Attributes for this style of play (DNA):
 
- Team work: You want players to play together and work as a unit in attack and defence.
- Work rate: Players will have to press all day long, there will be no room for players unwilling to press with a low work rate attribute
- Aggression: Players will have to be aggressive in winning back the ball (Increases chance of successful pressing)
- Off The Ball: Players will have a good understanding and make great off the ball runs.
- Positioning: Players knowing where they should be in attacking and defensive situations is crucial.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
    Atletico Madrid Shape variety
 
    ATLETICOS SHAPE IN ATTACK                                              BASIC SHAPE                                              ATLETICOS SHAPE IN DEFENSE
                                                                                 ATLETIC ATTACK LINE UP.pngATLETICO Line up.pngAtletico line up defense.png

 

                                                                                                                                                        

 

 

Goalkeeper: A good shot stopper as he will face a large amount of long shots when playing deep in ur own half ( Jan Oblak )

Wingbacks: Must be able to get up and down the field and contribute to attacking and defensive phases of the game - high stamina work rate and positioning ( Felipe Luis + Juanfran )

Centre backs: Must be able to keep shape in defense and intercept stray passes - Positioning and Marking must be high ( Godin + Gimenez )

Wide Midfielders: One is set as a winger and one is set as a wide playmaker but both appear as Wide Midfielders but with PI's they fulfill their role and helps ensure they don't neglect their

defensive responsibilities, Must have High work rate, stamina and first touch. ( Koke + Carrasco )

- DLP/S: Sit deep and keep shape in defense - Must be an all round player with good stamina work rate tackling passing and vision ( Gabi )

- CM/S: A box to box midfielder without the free roam PI player will press high up the field hold team shape in defence and have good physical attributes to be able to contribute to fast counter attacking bursts up field - Must have high stamina work rate passing and dribbling (Tiago)

- DLF: Both strikers will have to defend deep in their own half and press high up the pitch whilst also linking up in attack with team mates - Must have good work rate dribbling passing vision and off the ball.

 

 **Aggression is also an important attribute but not vital**

 

 

 TEAM INSTRUCTIONS

 

team instructions.png

 

 The team instructions are not set and stone and may be changed whatever your preference.

 

Higher Tempo: Increases chances of fast counter attacks and unsettles opponents

Narrow: Midfield and defence will sit narrow and compress the space the opposition has to work with

Slightly Deeper Defensive line: ** Must be adjusted in game depending on opponent** Put to normal or slightly higher if you feel you need to attack.

Be More Disciplined: Must work as a team and follow tactical instructions no flashy passes or wasteful dribbles to disrupt the flow of play

Pass into space: Exploit the space in behind opposition defence

Play out of defence: Discourages long balls from the back and encourages players to either run or work the ball upfield

 

***Optional***

Look for overlap: To bring wing backs into play more often ( will already be involved in the game due to their attacking roles )

Work ball into box: Only to be used against weaker opposition

Run at defence: Use if your team has good dribblers amongst its ranks it can be useful on the counter attack bypassing defenders and taking them out of the game.

 

Opposition Instructions *VITAL*

Absolutely crucial in emulating Atletico's pressing, set to press every player in defensive positions (High Press) and to stay solid in the centre until the ball is out wide (Wide Press)

 opposition instructions.png

 

 

 

 

  TACTICAL ANALYSIS:

Team Shape -

Atletico shape.pngteam shape.png

Crucial in Providing a Solid Basis in pressing and being defensively disciplined and hard to break down.

- 2 narrow banks of four in a solid team shape, forwards helping press the ball encouraging opposition to launch a long ball and give away possession, acts as an iron curtain making it difficult for opposition to break down and hurting opposition on the counter attack, all players must contribute to pressing and stay in shape.

 

High Press -

 

fm high press 5556.pnghigh pressing.png

In this screenshot both teams are situated high up the field in the oppositions half pressing aggressively in an attempt to win the ball back providing successful may lead to a goal scoring opportunity as team mates run forward in support, both sets of strikes are forcing opponents into making a mistake whilst the other is man marking or cutting passing lanes the other is aggressively closing down the ball.

 

 

Wide Pressing -

atletico wide press TI.pngFM wide press 00012.png

Simeone's side are known to keep shape in the centre of the field whilst forcing opponents out wide with pressing from the strikers, once the opposition have the ball on the flank the team adjust and close the ball down with aggression whilst keeping team shape and launching a counter attack.

 

Bellow is an example that lead to a goal scoring chance.

 

This time the ball was successfully won back and the team are set for a fast attack at goal to catch the opposition off guard

- Defensive line pushes higher

- Players surge forward

-Disciplined shape and fast attack

- Passing options became available and players exploit the poor positioning of the opposition

wide press goal 9.png - Wide press goal 55.pngWIDE PRESS GOAL ddd.png  

     -  Space Opens up behind the defence and a clear cut chance has appeared

- Wide midfielders display good off the ball runs that lead to a goal.

-

LAST 1.png

 

- WM/A surges forward and finds himself in a good position

- Keeper makes a good save and the ball falls nicely for the open goal.

 

 

 

 

PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS FOR EACH ROLE

 

   PI.png

 

 

 

 

Play on a control Mentality vs weaker teams at home, Standard vs weaker teams away

OhhScottySinclair's - Rise of Diego Simeone - Underdog_D077F2D8-5E8F-4C14-B1C3-128B97DD11A1.fmf

 

 

Best of the 3

!!!New updated strikerless Tactic!!!

442 Diego Simeone Strikerless_3F30D31F-2F33-4429-8D1F-3080234EBB47.fmf

 

high pressing.png

 

 

 

 

 

formation underdog.png

The Strikerless Version of this Tactic really matches well when trying to emulate the current in-form Gladbach under Dieter Hecking.  Only tweak I did was put a "Roam from Position" Shout for Raffael at the SS(A)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using this for a few games now and it's amazing at home (regularly creating at leave 6 or 7 CCCs), but its absolutely horrendous away from home. Are there any changes you'd make away from home? I've just played Liverpool and I had 32% possession and they had 42 shots, only 14 from distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ShaneBailey said:

I've been using this for a few games now and it's amazing at home (regularly creating at leave 6 or 7 CCCs), but its absolutely horrendous away from home. Are there any changes you'd make away from home? I've just played Liverpool and I had 32% possession and they had 42 shots, only 14 from distance.

Play on a standard/counter mentality and put the wingbacks on support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using strikerless version with Real Valladolid in La Liga (In the second division at the start of the game), and without any important transfer we are able to compete with all the other teams, also Barcelona and Real Madrid. A very solid tactic @OhhScottySinclair. When mentality is well chosen, team defensive behaviour is absolutely amazing, great job :applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tote said:

Using strikerless version with Real Valladolid in La Liga (In the second division at the start of the game), and without any important transfer we are able to compete with all the other teams, also Barcelona and Real Madrid. A very solid tactic @OhhScottySinclair. When mentality is well chosen, team defensive behaviour is absolutely amazing, great job :applause:

Cheers mate, glad you enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tote said:

Using strikerless version with Real Valladolid in La Liga (In the second division at the start of the game), and without any important transfer we are able to compete with all the other teams, also Barcelona and Real Madrid. A very solid tactic @OhhScottySinclair. When mentality is well chosen, team defensive behaviour is absolutely amazing, great job :applause:

What tactic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nen said:

What tactic?

Strikerless tactic, it´s in the opening post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 HERE Simeone' s Real Atletic Tactic 

Formation 4-4-2

Team Shape - Fluid

Mentality - Standart

Team Instructions - Look for overlap,  Push Higher Up, Get Stuck in, Stick to Positions, Higher Tempo

Player Roles

                                               Norrmal GK

 

FB Atack               CD Defence                  CD Defence                   FB Suport

 

Winger Suport     MC Defence                MC Suport                 Winger Suport

 

    Trequartista or (Complate Forward atack)                 Advanced Forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, azug57 said:

 HERE Simeone' s Real Atletic Tactic 

Formation 4-4-2

Team Shape - Fluid

Mentality - Standart

Team Instructions - Look for overlap,  Push Higher Up, Get Stuck in, Stick to Positions, Higher Tempo

Player Roles

                                               Norrmal GK

 

FB Atack               CD Defence                  CD Defence                   FB Suport

 

Winger Suport     MC Defence                MC Suport                 Winger Suport

 

    Trequartista or (Complate Forward atack)                 Advanced Forward

I don't think so. A trequartista, a role that never defends? Two wingers? Filipe Luis as a FB Support? He bombs forward all the time, is at least a WB(s), but mostly a WB(a) or even a CWB(a). OP replicates Atletico much more accurately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, azug57 said:

 HERE Simeone' s Real Atletic Tactic 

Formation 4-4-2

Team Shape - Fluid

Mentality - Standart

Team Instructions - Look for overlap,  Push Higher Up, Get Stuck in, Stick to Positions, Higher Tempo

Player Roles

                                               Norrmal GK

 

FB Atack               CD Defence                  CD Defence                   FB Suport

 

Winger Suport     MC Defence                MC Suport                 Winger Suport

 

    Trequartista or (Complate Forward atack)                 Advanced Forward

:lol::lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can change player roles but not change suport, defence or atack roles, if you need a gol in the match 

Formation 4-4-2

Team Shape - Fluid

Mentality - Control

Team Instructions - Look for overlap

Player Roles

                                               Norrmal GK

 

FB Atack               CD Defence                  CD Defence                   FB Suport

 

Winger Suport     MC Defence                MC Suport                 Winger Suport

 

    Trequartista or (Complate Forward atack)                 Advanced Forward

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when playing Barcelona or Real madrid or important matchs

Formation 4-4-2

Team Shape - Flexible

Mentality - Counter

Team Instructions - Play wider, push higher up, get stuck in, stick to positions, (  ıf you want select  higher tempo ) 

Player Roles

                                               Norrmal GK

 

FB Defence              CD Defence                  CD Defence                   FB Suport

 

Winger Atack            MC Defence                MC Suport                 Winger Suport

 

                        Complate Forward  Suport                Advanced Forward

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about possession stats? Recently, Atlético is back to having consistently (much) lower possession stats than their opponents. (Around 42% mostly.) Have any of you been able to replicate that with a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-2-0? I struggle with that. Even with maxed out passing, my teams almost always have more than 50% possession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read this wth interest as I've been using something similar with Monaco, and playing a 4-4-1-1.

One question @OhhScottySinclair; when you use the strikerless one who are you playing in those SS roles - still Griezmann and Gameiro? How are they doing in terms of goals scored? Do you retrain them for that position/role?

And a second question actually; why are you choosing WMs over WPs and Ws? Is it because they sit narrower when defending? It feels to me like Koke would be a WP-A, and perhaps on the other flank you'd want a winger, but maybe the WMs with the PIs you've given are achieving the same thing as those other duties with the ball, but offer more defensively without the ball? Apologies if I've missed an explanation of this in a previous post.

Edited by enders357

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, enders357 said:

Read this wth interest as I've been using something similar with Monaco, and playing a 4-4-1-1.

One question @OhhScottySinclair; when you use the strikerless one who are you playing in those SS roles - still Griezmann and Gameiro? How are they doing in terms of goals scored? Do you retrain them for that position/role?

And a second question actually; why are you choosing WMs over WPs and Ws? Is it because they sit narrower when defending? It feels to me like Koke would be a WP-A, and perhaps on the other flank you'd want a winger, but maybe the WMs with the PIs you've given are achieving the same thing as those other duties with the ball, but offer more defensively without the ball? Apologies if I've missed an explanation of this in a previous post.

I still use the same strikers but retrain them to the SS position and after a season or so they are competent with the role, they may score slightly less goals but the entire team seems to contribute more and the SS tactic overall is more solid.

I chose to use WM's as they offer more defensively and help keep the team shape and you can achieve similar roles to the WP and Wingers with the amount of PI's that can be selected, another reason I don't use the WP is that a playmaker attracts the ball more and will become the teams main creative outlet whilst I prefer the responsibility of creating goals to lay on the entire team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, OhhScottySinclair said:

I still use the same strikers but retrain them to the SS position and after a season or so they are competent with the role, they may score slightly less goals but the entire team seems to contribute more and the SS tactic overall is more solid.

I chose to use WM's as they offer more defensively and help keep the team shape and you can achieve similar roles to the WP and Wingers with the amount of PI's that can be selected, another reason I don't use the WP is that a playmaker attracts the ball more and will become the teams main creative outlet whilst I prefer the responsibility of creating goals to lay on the entire team.

 

Great, thanks - I'm going to start an Atleti save to give this a go.

I also cam across this earlier, which I thought people reading this thread may find interesting: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having some problems, and maybe you guys can help. I'm playing something very similar to the main tactic here (not the strikerless one) and in my first two games I've conceded lots - and I mean lots - of chances (I was 2-0 down inside 6 minutes of my first match, away at Las Palmas!). I can understand some of the issues and I'm sure they'll generally get better as the team becomes more familiar with the tactic, but the two issues I wanted your thoughts/advice on are:

1) My wide midfielders are far too wide when we don't have the ball (see screenshot). I can't figure this out; the team is set to "narrow", we're not using tight marking so they shouldn't be attracted to the opposing wingers, their WM role and PIs don't ask them to close down or mark tightly. I'm baffled. 

2) The strikers don't drop in enough to help the midfield and so we keep getting overrun. I know you have the strikerless formation for this reason, but has anyone found a way to make at least one striker, playing in the striker position come deeper and help out defensively. Atleti IRL have one drop right in, while the other stays on the half-way line to provide the quick out-ball.

Screenshot 2017-04-08 01.19.08.png

Edited by enders357

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enders357 said:

I'm having some problems, and maybe you guys can help. I'm playing something very similar to the main tactic here (not the strikerless one) and in my first two games I've conceded lots - and I mean lots - of chances (I was 2-0 down inside 6 minutes of my first match, away at Las Palmas!). I can understand some of the issues and I'm sure they'll generally get better as the team becomes more familiar with the tactic, but the two issues I wanted your thoughts/advice on are:

1) My wide midfielders are far too wide when we don't have the ball (see screenshot). I can't figure this out; the team is set to "narrow", we're not using tight marking so they shouldn't be attracted to the opposing wingers, their WM role and PIs don't ask them to close down or mark tightly. I'm baffled. 

2) The strikers don't drop in enough to help the midfield and so we keep getting overrun. I know you have the strikerless formation for this reason, but has anyone found a way to make at least one striker, playing in the striker position come deeper and help out defensively. Atleti IRL have one drop right in, while the other stays on the half-way line to provide the quick out-ball.

Screenshot 2017-04-08 01.19.08.png

Either set the in game man marking for the strikers to mark the opposition CM's or use the SS tactic and make sure the OI's are set and the oppositions wingers marking is set to "Never".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OhhScottySinclair said:

Either set the in game man marking for the strikers to mark the opposition CM's or use the SS tactic and make sure the OI's are set and the oppositions wingers marking is set to "Never".

Aha, yes, I'll try setting the opposition instructions so there's never any tight marking on wide midfielders or wingers. Thanks.

I'm intrigued to see how the strikers marking the CMs will play as well, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, matsnor21 said:

Wich matchpreparation and individual training do u USE ?

If I am the favourite team I will set it to attacking, if I'm the underdog I will set it to defending and the overall training I set to balanced or team cohesion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing with the updated strikerless tactic and absolutely loving it !! Good job. 

I have a couple of questions though Mr. OhhScottySinclair: The central midfield players have a BWM-role, but should I still consider them as a DLP and BBM according to the player description in your opening post or go for a typical hardworking BWM?

Do you still train them as the role they play in or according to PI's? Let's take the above mentioned midfield players as an example, should they be trained in their position as BWM or rather according to actual PI's as DLP/BBM?

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bcn said:

Playing with the updated strikerless tactic and absolutely loving it !! Good job. 

I have a couple of questions though Mr. OhhScottySinclair: The central midfield players have a BWM-role, but should I still consider them as a DLP and BBM according to the player description in your opening post or go for a typical hardworking BWM?

Do you still train them as the role they play in or according to PI's? Let's take the above mentioned midfield players as an example, should they be trained in their position as BWM or rather according to actual PI's as DLP/BBM?

Thanks in advance.

I would set their roles as CM/S, have one hold position the other roam from position, leave the closing down on sometimes and train them into these roles as I feel it better replicates Simeone's system as the CM's will not get dragged out of position and hold their shape whilst contributing to the attack more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I´ve played with the "old" striker tactic and this tactic was amazing. I promoted with st Pauli and in the second saison i finished at 7th place. Now I´m managing Borussia dortmund and my question is: Do you think that the "new" strikerless tactic will work with teams like dortmund or ManU? Another question: You added a new version with 2 CM instead of BWM: Do you think that this "new" version works better as the "old" one with the BWM? Because my doubts are that CMs don´t press as aggressive/well as BWMs. 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Marci said:

Hi, I´ve played with the "old" striker tactic and this tactic was amazing. I promoted with st Pauli and in the second saison i finished at 7th place. Now I´m managing Borussia dortmund and my question is: Do you think that the "new" strikerless tactic will work with teams like dortmund or ManU? Another question: You added a new version with 2 CM instead of BWM: Do you think that this "new" version works better as the "old" one with the BWM? Because my doubts are that CMs don´t press as aggressive/well as BWMs. 

Thanks in advance!

Either or but I feel it is hard to find a good BWM that can also offer something going forward also the BWM's will not sit in front of the defence when the team is defending deep, when you are deep in your own half you want your cm's to sit narrow and hold the teams shape and when the opposition have the ball out wide they aggressively press the ball. It is up to you whatever you think is better but I prefer the CM/s tactic as it has more a resemblance to Simeone's system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, i've decided to try this tactic, this time with Bayern Munich. I've made a few changes to the original strikerless one, as you recommended:

for both central midfielders i've set CM(s) position. For left, more creative one, tick "roam from position" and "play higher", for the right, more defensive one tick "hold position". At default, both started match with tackling set on default level. When they get yellow card, changed tackling to "easy", or when losing changed to "hard" to receive ball more quickly. It resulted a funny team statistic during whole Bundesliga season. Emulating Simeone, my team caughted only 38 yellow cards :) Maybe next season i should mark "hard tackling" as default, both for Vidal and Thiago.

Results? I've won Bundesliga easily, 11 points ahead of Dortmund, won German Cup, and been eliminated by Lyon in CL quarterfinals, even in both matches i've created more CCC, and missed a penalty (Vidal once again :/)

If someone like fast played, direct, offensive football, many counterattacks, tactic is well suited to this style. Please, check team statistic below, we scored 94 league goals (31 more than Dortmund) , with ball possession statistic around 48%, one of the worst in the league.

Because of tactic individual instructions in the original tactic, emulating Koke and Carrasco roles on both sides of the pitch, i've decided not to judge players ability only using assistant reports and star rating, which refers more to their tactical position as wide midfielders. I think, even 1,5 star player is good enough to play in ML position if he can play similar to Koke in real life. Arnold or Ribery aren't very fast wingers, but they do their job very well.

1.thumb.jpg.a49706755faf8ec4b7308204955e00d0.jpg2.thumb.jpg.8c24c1769f979d7fb1912838346ac852.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Helmut I have a question about the central midfielder: I´ve played the tactics with the two BWM but lately I also play with 2 CM (S) (one offensive and the other defensive). However, the tactics has not worked as well as before because the pressing in the midfield is less. Have you the same problem and do you tick "more pressing" in the player instruction of the two CM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, vulin said:

I wonder if it works in FM 2018?

I have to try it :D

well I've scouted atletico ingame before the patches got rid of the 'roles preview' and most of the time they either play counter - flexible or control - fluid/flexible like this:

T - CF S
IW A DLP S CM D WM S
CWB S CD D BPD D WB S
GK D

the midfield roles were changing quite a bit depending on the players available,

the above is for the main team:

griezman - gameiro

carrasco koke saul + pavon i think it was :)

luis godin gimenez juanfran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey man, if you are still checking this forum. Is there any chance that you are playing FM 18 and could give an update about this? I have put your tactics in Fm18 and they seem to work, but quite confused with the screenshot of individual instructions. The roles dont correspond with the loaded tactics. Its the first 4-4-2 that is sound defense wise so I'd like to keep enjoying as it was meant to be played. :) Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 8 horas, OhhScottySinclair dijo:

I will make continue this thread for FM18 within the next few weeks.

 

Great news. I look forward to it, I need your tactical inspiration this year too :applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also looking forward to this, I've already got my own simeone's tactic but want to compare to someone more experienced at this :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2018 at 02:44, OhhScottySinclair said:

I will continue this thread for FM18 within the next few weeks.

How is it going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't uploaded a tactic unfortunately, but I did decide to create an Analysis video of Diego Simeone's tactics and create an Analysis channel on YouTube.

Can you all like the video and subscribe to the channel to help promote and I will continue making more videos, cheers.

Here's a link to the video - 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, carloshcorbalan said:

Vídeo bloqueado en Argentina....

No se puede ver...

Corregir plis.

It is to do with copyright from the la liga videos, the video is banned in 25 different countries across north and south America.

Apologies that you can not watch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...