The Annual San Marino Youth Attempt

Cardiovascular

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youth Intake 2037

JaFBm5I.png

Pretty good intake. Potentially a couple of starters and some rotation options as well.

PZIsvIl.png

He's okay I guess. A bit slow for a full back, either footed means I could probably get away with retraining him as a left back and using him as backup for Mazzocco

zpuNKyc.png

He looks good on the eye but he does lack in some crucial areas, notably composure, positioning and passing.

sTh62Hm.png

Really happy with Stolfi, I think he'll develop into a nice option in central midfield. He might be fasttracked into the first team next season.

sp_cailungo_anniversary_logo.gif?itok=WD

2036/37

Fixtures 1/2 | Campionato Sammarinese | Campionato Sammarinese Final | Super Coppa Final | Coppa Titano Final | Transfers | Finances

This was the first time in a long time where we didn't complete the treble. In fact, we only picked up one of the three trophies on offer this year as due to having everyone on international duty, we lost 1-0 to Pennarossa in the Super Coppa. There were no excuses available for our Coppa Titano loss to La Fiorita though. We'll chalk that down to an off day. Still, we picked up our eighth consecutive league title to ensure the season was not completely hopeless.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Federico Ciacci 32a - 20 goals

Highest Average Rating - Federico Ciacci 32a, Massimo Galante 35a - 7.58

Honourable Mentions - Andrea Tamagnini, Stefano Raschi 35b

Ciacci blossomed on the right wing this year and stepped up when our strikers failed to deliver. 20 goals is an outstanding return from the right wing from him when the likes of Gasperoni 23b failed to produce. Galante 35a was also on great form in central midfield, as was left winger Tamagnini (who was shifted to striker towards the end of the season) and Raschi 35b who got alot more game time than expected due to injuries.

San Marino in Europe

Tre Penne lost 6-1 to Polish side Jagiellonia, Cosmos lost 7-0 to Scottish side (and my home team!) Aberdeen while Dudelange beat Fiorentino 5-0.

Around Europe

Marco Borriello's Arsenal side won the league following a second year finish the year beforehand as they won the title by just two points ahead of West Ham, whose run of 3 draws in their final four games really cost them. Chelsea finished third, Man City were fourth with Liverpool and Tottenham 5th and 6th. At the other end, Leicester, Crystal Palace and Aston Villa were relegated to the second tier.

Bournemouth won the EFL Cup with a penalties win over Manchester City following a thrilling final which ended 3-3 after 120 minutes. Stoke would win the FA Cup for the second time in their history by defeating Crystal Palace 2-1 after extra time.

It was business as usual elsewhere. PSG scored 108 points as they went the entire season unbeaten in France, Milan won their sixth consecutive title in Italy and Bayern won their tenth title on the trot in Germany.

In European competition, Real Madrid won on penalties despite having ten minute after a 1-1 draw with Chelsea. Man City beat Schalke 2-0 after extra time in the Europa League.

Archived