The Annual San Marino Youth Attempt

Cardiovascular

sp_cailungo_anniversary_logo.gif?itok=5A

2028/29

Fixtures 1 / 2 | Campionato Sammarinese | Campionato Sammarinese Final | Coppa Titano Table | Coppa Titano Final | Transfers | Finances

For the first time in three years, we fail to the league or the cup. We did take home the Super Cup, but no one really cares about that do they? As you can see from the fixtures, we started on fire and it was into February before we even dropped a point. We dropped a few more after that - including a loss to Libertas - but we never really looked uncomfortable in games. That is until we reached the knockouts. We lost by a couple of goals to Libertas in the cup, but we were hampered by injuries to Alvarez 26b and Francioni 26c who are arguably two of our best players. We lost to them again in the playoffs, then we beat them on penalties in the playoffs before losing to Fiorentino in the final of the playoffs in the dirtiest game of FM I've played.

You can see why some people find the San Marino league confusing.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Manuel Gasperoni 23b - 32 goals

Highest Average Rating - Alessandro Morri* - 7.91

Honourable Mentions - Matteo Francioni 26c, Mattia Rondelli 21a

Gasperoni 23b started the season like a rocket and had about 18 goals in 15 games. Sadly, he tailed off towards the end of the season and we really suffered from that. Morri* was fantastic again, Francioni 26c was excellent on the right contributing both goals and assists in abundance. Rondelli 21a was a great captain for us in the centre of the park and even managed ten goals.

San Marino in Europe

Libertas lost 6-0 on aggregate to Helsingsborgs in a tough tie, Fiorentino lost 5-0 to Olimpija of Slovenia and Tre Prenne lost by the same scoreline to Sturm Graz. Poor all round really, not even a goal between them.

Around Europe

Manchester City won the Premier League title by 9 points from neighbours United. Chelsea and Liverpool were third and fourth with Arsenal and Spurs 5th and 6th. The Gunners did take home the FA Cup from Newcastle - the Geordies could've had a surprising cup double after they claimed the League Cup in early March.

PSG thundered their way to the title and were 24 points clear of nearest challengers Monaco. It was the same story in Germany too as Bayern were 16 points clear of surprise second place side Hoffenheim. Dortmund came third, perhaps attributed to their Europa League run which they ended up winning, beating Arsenal 1-0 after extra time. Roma won the league in Italy with Milan and Juve behind in second and third.

Next Season

Hopefully we turn professional and can tie some players down to contracts. I'm also worried about our Europa League appearance as it could see us against a much, much better side.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Soooo it's been a while. However, I still have this save, I just ran out of steam for it which I probably should've mentioned. HOWEVER, the return of @Jupjamie has, as always, pointed me back here. Things of note:

1) I'm still on track with this game, in March 2030 (and therefore have a youth intake inbound in the next post)

2) We still aren't professional, despite it being nearly a year now past the date of completion... :mad: I remember why I got frustrated with this all of a sudden. Anyway, it's back!

2029/30

Fixtures 1 / 2 | Campionato Sammarinese | Campionato Sammarinese Final | Coppa Titano Table | Transfers | Finances

This is a bit of a struggle to remember what happened early in the season but it's not hard to figure out from the screenshots. We were really good to begin with, pummelling teams left and right and finding ourselves somewhat unlucky not to progress in Europe. It was all looking rosy but visions of last season kept creeping up on me - we were brilliant last year too but struggled in knockout competitions and ended up trophyless. It almost looked to be a similar problem this season again after we were knocked out by Libertas in the quarter finals of the cup. We roared back, advancing to the final of the league playoffs where once again we faced Libertas. 2-0 early doors meant things didn't look good. We were two minutes away from throwing the league away until a late penalty saved us, then a penalty shootout ended up winning us the league.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Manuel Gasperoni 23b - 31 goals

Highest Average Rating - Alessandro Morri - 7.96

Honourable Mentions - Diego Alvarez 26b, Matteo Francioni 26c

Another top class season up front from Gasperoni 23b, for a man who is naturally a winger he really has a knack for scoring. He's just 8 league goals away from breaking our club record which is fantastic. Morri's goals and assist record is unreal, he's been superb on the left wing. Deservedly our top average rating. Francioni 26c and Alvarez 26b both had really good seasons but faded towards the end, both of them struggled after a change of tactic and Alvarez ended up tearing his hamstring.

San Marino in Europe

Fiorentino defeated HB of the Faroe Islands 5-1 on aggregate before losing 6-1 to Molde from Norway in the Champions League. Libertas lost on away goals after a 3-3 draw on aggregate with Dundalk - really unlucky, but a 2-2 draw at home cost them. San Giovanni lost 3-0 to Olimpija of Slovenia.

Around Europe

Arsenal won the Premier League for the first time in 26 years as they beat Man Utd to the title by a single point. Chelsea were third and City fourth, while Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle finished 5th, 6th and 7th. Chelsea would win the EFL Cup with a 3-0 victory over Spurs and they also picked up the FA Cup following an extra time victory over Bournemouth.

In France, it was PSG's crown again as they finished 17 clear of Marseille in second place. Similar story in Germany, where Bayern easily won the league ahead of Leverkusen. In Italy, it was much closer as Roma retained their crown, fending off Napoli who came second by a single point.

In the Europa League, it was quite a surprise to see Sporting of Portugal thump Bayern 3-0 in the final - many had them written off as merely a speedbump on Bayern's route to lifting the trophy. PSG won the Champions League in extra time following a 4-2 victory over Man United, the fifth time they've won it in this save.

Other News

44305a810c19da46111f03d11607b322.png

Facilities upgrade!

Next Season

Turn professional? I've asked the board, they've gave me a date but we've heard that one before. Progress in Europe would be great too.

World Cup 2030 - Italy

68d1bab6c5e2fd320951aea837f403ec.png

90652516bcabe7a4d01c03608c675153.png

4416418ed32298c31897181df1780f41.png

7709d2027468e37c4c8620d1e914a5e3.png

Group A was packed with draws, and Tunisia were surprise qualifiers ahead of the Netherlands based solely on the fact they managed to draw with Italy while the others couldn't. There were no other huge surprises, Mexico had another poor World Cup and El Salvador predictably finished bottom in their first World Cup in 48 years. The knockouts saw the Czech Republic surprise France and Ukrainse have a really good run to the semi-finals, but the host nation Italy would end up being the winners, retaining the trophy they won 4 years earlier.

sm-1862.gif

San Marino - 2030

b312603fa67999c3195c69f5f271b39f.png

Been a year for the Nations League and it has been a fairly successful debut year as San Marino boss if I do say so myself. Some really good victories here, particularly the 2-0 win over Montenegro who are a much better side than us. As a side note, is the Nations League the only means of qualifying for the Euros? Or do we have qualifiers as well?

249c147a46b0978eab9e35f09e9e9dc3.png

A very respectable third place finish in our group.

537a725c2de9f584e9f828f359aeb85d.png

Our very own Mattia Rondelli 21a has broken the all time scoring record for San Marino! He has flourished in the AMC role.

Youth Intake 2031

p9X9tjU.png

Strongest intake we've had in a long time. We have just lost our two players though and I'm wondering if that has caused us to have a weaker squad and therefore more promising players?

UMI7EX7.png

Pedini is incredible. He's possibly one of the best goalkeepers we've produced - can't see him staying long but I'd be happy to be wrong about that.

P2cLx6O.png

We've longed for a decent left winger to compete with Morri and Gasperini 23b is that man, really tidy looking player.

FBWQhdF.png

We've also struggled with our cover for strikers if one of Alvarez 26b or Gasperoni 23b gets injured. Negro 31c is a potentially great back-up.

I've only tagged three but I could've tagged 6 or 7 really, what an intake. :D

2030/31

Fixtures 1 / 2 | Campionato Sammarinese | Campionato Sammarinese Final | Coppa Titano Table | Transfers | Finances

We lost a couple of young stars to Belgian sides this year and threw a youth player out after he missed training 7 (SEVEN) times in a season, and also lost our starting left back to Libertas who would also sign the rebellious youth player. Regardless, we powered on and ended up beating Libertas twice to retain our Campionato Sammarinese title. Thankfully, they were decisive victories as I'm not sure I would've coped with another extra time and penalties scenario. We were pretty good throughout the season despite the raids on our key players, and our youth intake was also very kind to us for a change. Good season overall!

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Manuel Gasperoni 23b - 21 goals

Highest Average Rating - Alessandro Morri - 7.67

Honourable Mentions - Matteo Francioni 26c, Matteo Gasperoni

It was a less prolific season all round really. Less goals for Saperoni 23b, less goals and assists for both Morri and Francioni 26c. Gasperoni 23b still managed to become our leading club goalscorer though which was brilliant to see. Morri was fantastic as ever, Francioni 26c was slightly less prolific than usual this year but still chipped in when required, including in the Campionato Sammarinese final. Gasperoni emerged as a really strong centre back and even managed to chip in four goals for the season.

San Marino in Europe

Libertas lost 6-0 to Finnish side IFK Mariehamn, Fiorentino lost 8-1 to Rijeka and Domagnano lost 6-0 to Polish side Pogon. Nothing to see here folks.

Around Europe

The Premier League is won by Markus Weinzierl's Manchester City side for the fifth time in seven years as they bounce back well from a poor year last year. United finish second, level on points with Tottenham but with a much better goal difference. Arsenal finish fourth with Chelsea 5th, Liverpool 6th and Bournemouth 7th. Despite their poor league finish, Chelsea did scrape the EFL Cup in a penalties victory over Spurs and managed a more convincing 3-1 over Arsenal in the FA Cup final.

In Germany, it was Bayern again who claimed the title finishing a massive 23 points clear of Dortmund in second. PSG won again in France ahead of Monaco by 18 points. And in Italy, after six long years, Juventus would win the Serie A title 2 two points ahead of Milan in second place.

The Europa League would be won - perhaps somewhat surprisingly - by Hoffenheim and it was by no means a lucky run as they knocked both Inter and Milan before dispatching of Liverpool in the final. In the Champions League, there was a slight surprise too as Benfica made it all the way to the final only to be defeated by Weinzierl's Manchester City.

Next Season

It would be great to turn professional. I've given up asking because it seems to have no effect whatsoever, they accept, the date passes and nothing changes. Also, better progress in Europe.

54 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

In 17, a player can come through as a model professional but they will only be shown as professional until they turn 23.

Great to get one! 

That's awesome. Only slight is his determination of 4, but I think that's maybe worth giving up for model professional?

4 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Pedini is class :cool:

Completely agree. Can't wait for him to be snapped up by a Belgian side in a year. :(

df38babf72adb3cb8f41056c3650ba47.png

After a dull, boring game for the first leg, I didn't particularly fancy our chances in the second leg but knew we could take the game to them. And we did. Really incredible result. Nevers of steel from Michelotti in the 87th minute to convert the winning penalty.

02992ab158bba8c1ada452593d89c88b.png

HJK surprised me by defeating Dinamo Bucharest, and I think this is a winnable tie!

3f811fae0b593a1dd7d6c7efd240b67b.png

We were pretty rubbish at home, as you'd expect really, but we played extremely well in Denmark and were fairly unlucky. With Kobenhaven down to ten men, we hit the post on the 75th minute which could've changed the game completely. As it is, this was a solid performance and onto the Europa League groups we go.

bedd630e5690027bec1091a0d9549d4c.png

Franco :( his attributes never seemed upto much but he was a key player for us a few years back and led our club league goalscoring record for years before Gasperoni 23b came along. I wanted him to retire here but he wanted first team football. I have no idea where he'll get it because he's not good enough for the Sammarinese leagues. Shame to end like this.

Archived