Cardiovascular

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro 2024 - Spain

e03cce450683de35ac7ab9201aefe43e.png

20f3a4db2eab649d397250c810f7483f.png

fa310459a1ced23776e0b60b5b17af48.png

It wasn't a hugely surprising group stage in truth. Greece topping their group ahead of the Netherlands and hosts Spain and England crashing out in typical England style were the pick of the shocks. Other than that, it was business as usual. The same could be said for the remainder of the tournament as well - Ukraine had a really good run to the semi-finals but ultimately came up short against Portugal, the eventual winners.

5 hours ago, Cardiovascular said:

Have only just managed to get back to my feet after being trampled on by every team and their dogs during the transfer window.

520aa2a84a21aaf8d2f550718bfb09c0.png

We lost the two players in seven years prior to this. Cesarini 22c and Tini 23c are pretty big losses; the rest not so much, It still hurts though.

:( 

8 hours ago, smp20 said:

Nice progress so far, shame about the other sides gutting you out :( you must hate Juvenes Dogana!

Cheers! Was annoying to see them take so many but they only took one first teamer (Tini 23c) so they're more than welcome to my scraps I suppos. (They'll thump us now! :D )

7 hours ago, clarkehwbu said:

Not had a mass exodus of players yet but with everyone turning semi-pro I can sense it's going to happen to me soon as well :(

Any sign of you turning semi-pro?

No sign. Asked the board to turn us professional but unsurprisingly was booted out the office.

In some better news:

4476d5fe1742a06c4c8ed4b1f9b76464.png

Our European tie gave us the money to do this

11 hours ago, Cardiovascular said:

Bloody nightmare! I've just had the dreaded save game could not be loaded message as well. Last save is before the end of the transfer window so Felici 20e and Bologna 24c are still at the club. Will re-finish it tomorrow.

Let's just say it's a blessing in disguise and hope they both don't leave!

9 hours ago, clarkehwbu said:

Let's just say it's a blessing in disguise and hope they both don't leave!

Well, the window has slammed shut for the second time and this time we only lost Felici 20e which is a bonus! Game saved too. ;)

9 hours ago, United_kaz said:

Great read, almost felt as bad as you when you lost all those players!

Thanks! Was a bit gut wrenching really but we have kept on to our best players so far... who knows how long for though.

2 minutes ago, Cardiovascular said:

Hmm. Seem to be having an issue where my U19 games are being filled with grey players rather than my players. @Jupjamie @clarkehwbu are you guys experiencing this?

edit: Appears they are not registered. Is this because they're registered to play for the first team squad too?

I can't say that I ever pay too much attention to the u19s because I just promote every decent prospect to the first team immediately, but it looks like in the 28 u19 league games this season, no player played more than 5, which suggests that we're using greyed out players too. Considering we have a big u19 squad, that's really odd. 

Youth Intake 2025

f6667f6719fc5349c5166de8e6fdb044.png

It's a good intake. Normally I'd only sign the people we need so wouldn't have bothered signing two full backs but with every Tom, Dick and Harry picking off our teams, I figured I needed them. So I tagged the players I needed and liked and signed the others. If that makes sense.

72331630e67ff553cc54748e729c2417.png

I love him. Fairly professional with good determination and solid technical stats to go with it.

6311b3539407e787313f4423bfb291a7.png

I like him too! Needs some work on his personality and determination but he looks good. Good physicals as well.

09b93d922e6a490a3d429060fe6c95e5.png

Could be our new Caraciollio 20a who left. Again, some work needed on determination/personality but the potential is there.

4ccd04ab8818c115f9e00e505eb8ce07.png

He's okay. Not the greatest but certainly not the worst - that personality needs work though.

a199176308a8a1bd85cf4a8e185732cc.png

He was an after thought but I really like his determination and personality - I think resolute is good? I can't really remember :D

1 hour ago, Jupjamie said:

I can't say that I ever pay too much attention to the u19s because I just promote every decent prospect to the first team immediately, but it looks like in the 28 u19 league games this season, no player played more than 5, which suggests that we're using greyed out players too. Considering we have a big u19 squad, that's really odd. 

I arranged some friendlies and they played, so perhaps it's because my entire team is registed for the first team?

@Jupjamie @Cardiovascular that's weird not something i've noticed either. I register all of my players for the senior team yet my players seem to play? I had a striker (who is now too old for the U19's) scoring nearly every game but never breaking it to my senior team. Worth keeping an eye on this for sure.

sp_cailungo_anniversary_logo.gif?itok=5A

2024/25

Fixtures 1 / 2 | Campionato SammarineseCoppa Titano TableTransfersFinances

A disappointing year. Again it was a case of so close yet so far as we top our league & cup group and yet bottle it in the playoffs and knockouts. It's so frustrating to see us come so far and just know we'll end up bottling it at the end of the day. Saving grace is that we qualified for the Europa League (and secured semi-professional status) but at the of the day, it gets chalked down as disappointing. Our big players never seemed to perform. I suppose losing half our squad wasn't ideal but still, I expected better.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Marcello Dolcini 21b - 8 goals

Highest Average Rating - Alessandro Morri* - 7.31

Honourable Mention - Alessio Marton 18a

Dolcini 21b ended up as our top scorer and first choice striker following the loss of Caraciolli 20a to San Giovanni (he was on 7 goals and would surely have finished top scorer) and had either Zafferani 21c or Francio Maccioni* as his partner. However the former two were hit by injuries and often meant we either had Gasperoni 23 (a MR/competent striker) or Paolo Vanucci* (AMC but competent ST) starting up front. It is possibly one of the reason we struggled in the latter stage of the season. Morri* was fantastic on the left wing the entire season and was deservedly named Fans Player of the Season. Marton 18a grabbed seven goals, a great return. Granted, the majority of them were penalties, but they all count.

San Marino in Europe

In the Champions League, Libertas lost 3-0 against Viktoria Plzen which is by no means an embarassing result at all. In the Europa League, we lost 5-2 to Gorica, La Fiorita lost 5-0 to SJK of Finland and Fiorentino lost 3-1 to Slovan Liberec although this did include an impressive 1-0 win in the home leg.

Around Europe

In the English Premier League, Guardiola's Manchester City stormed to the title and were 13 points clear of United in second. Spurs and Liverpool finished 3rd and 4th, while Chelsea, Arsenal and Stoke all qualified for the Europa League. At the other end of the table, Leicester, Norwich and Sunderland were relegated. Spurs would go onto win the EFL Cup whilst Man Utd would win the FA Cup. The two cup winners would dual it out in the Champions League final but ultimately it would be Manchester Red who would come out on top with a 4-3 penalty victory after a 1-1 stalemate.

In Italy, Napoli won their third consecutive Serie A title by a single point ahead of Roma. Same old story in Germany and France with Bayern and PSG winning their respective league titles, although it was interesting to see Dortmund struggle to a 5th place finish and only qualifying for the Champions League by virtue of winning the Europa League. They beat surprise finalists FC Lorient from France.

Next Season

Same story. Progress in Europe, win the league for a change.

6 hours ago, Cardiovascular said:

fbc6bede3c2ea3713da9da5faef8d3f4.png

Oh heck. We're not going to have a team soon! Lost 5 (FIVE) defenders on deadline day. Of these players, there are alot of players I had earmarked as future first teamers. The impossible gets more and more difficult with each window.

Nothing helps completely, but using a combination of @BoxToBox's trick of offering them all contracts a bit before the transfer windows open, as well as then just giving them ridiculously overpaid contracts if another team does put in a contract offer for them has been the thing that's helped me out the most so far.

Thanks for the tip @Jupjamie - been trying to offer more contracts for players I wanted to keep but I guess I wasn't offering enough. Also, fingers crossed for the intake @clarkehwbu - will need strikers too. :D

b6c803393bb14d76b34be987a8442326.png

We lost a young central midfielder who wasn't up to much, a backup striker and a backup defender. Successful enough I suppose.

Youth Intake 2026

633f2ad99f032ebff9de4a268cab341c.png

No one who is able to slot straight into our first team which is probably a testament to how far we have come in terms of talent. Tagged three and signed the rest that the assistant recommended since we're being raided every summer.

28124a5aee63d46821eb40cd61c97469.png

Some decent mental stats for a centre back, could be good one day.

9875862686c2cf49f9714d3be5a3e3aa.png

Pacey striker, a position we have needed lately.

5d8bf087834dc6af7cc8d22872b2c710.png

Potentially a really good right winger. We're fine there for the moment, but if we lose anyone at least we have him.

sp_cailungo_anniversary_logo.gif?itok=5A

2025/26

Fixtures 1 / 2 | Campionato Sammarinese | Coppa Titano Table | Transfers | Finances

Huuugely successful season! We only dropped points in four league games (and still ran alarmingly close with Fiorentino!), thrashed our opponents in the playoffs and trounced our cup group. The icing on the cake would've been a cup win but I think we may have gotten nosebleeds all round with that kind of mammoth improvement. As it is, I am delighted with this season especially given the pillaging we got in pre-season. For the first time as well, I was able to holiday most of the league matches without fear of being hammered which was a treat. Only downside is it seemed to through our discipline straight out of the window and we ended up with masses of yellows and reds. :D

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Franco Maccioni* - 34 goals

Highest Average Rating - Franco Maccioni* - 7.85

Honourable Mentions - Alessandro Morri*, Manuel Gasperoni 23b, Gabriele Dolcini 22a

What. A. Foursome. I might brand them the four horsemen. I don't know where to begin. Franco Maccioni* scored an incredible 34 goals in 33 games and made himself the first name on the team sheet. And, possibly even more incredibly, he's still rated not good enough for the Cailungo squad! What's a man got to do to impress our assistant? Morri* provided a fantastic return on the left wing, Dolcini 22a was the same on the right. Both were impeccable this year. And Gasperoni 23b was a makeshift striker following our transfer window and my word did he take it. What a season for these fellas.

San Marino in Europe

We know how our attempt ended. Tre Penne beat the wonderfully named Tarxien Rainbow FC of Malta on away goals - a 1-1 draw in Malta sealed the deal following a goalless first leg. They would go on to take a 9-0 thrashing from FC Basel. Libertas lost 6-1 on aggregate on Icelandic side FH. Fiorentino lost 2-0 to Austria Wien, a very respectable result.

Around Europe

Manchester City retained their Premier League title 10 points clear of Arsenal in second. Liverpool and United rounded out the top four with Spurs, Chelsea and Everton qualifying for the Europa League. A disappointing season for Chelsea was slightly redeemed by winning the EFL Cup while the Gunners won the FA Cup for the first time in 11 years over Southampton. Manchester United had a disappointing year between finishing fourth and crashing out of the CL but the latter did see them go onto win the Europa League so another slight redemption for an English side there.

Juventus returned back to their coveted top spot in Italy after a 6 year absence. Roma and Napoli finished second and third, is that Italy back to it's Turin dominance? Time will tell. PSG ran riot in France (again) and were 16 points clear of 2nd place Monaco with a massive 107 points tally - they lost just once this year, drew two and won thirty five in an incredible year. Their dominance also spread into Europe as they took home the Champions League trophy after defeating Spurs 2-1. In Germany, Leverkusen won the Bundesliga for only the second time and were 7 points clear of Bayern in second, a very good achievement given Bayern spent £100m more than them in the transfer window. And that was including a potential £76m for Leverkusen's best player.

Next Season

Really need a win in Europe. Same again domestically please.

On 2/9/2017 at 15:15, Cardiovascular said:

I arranged some friendlies and they played, so perhaps it's because my entire team is registed for the first team?

Will double check tonight to make sure, but I encountered something similar when I noticed my U19 getting ROFL Stomped by everyone, and it turned out I had 14 of my 16 U19 guys assigned to the reserve or senior team squad and they werent available for the U19 games. In my save, Ligue Rules say you don't have to register U19 players for Ligue games, so when I assign someone to the senior or reserve squad they don't count towards the total (I think...).  If I have them assigned to my U19 squad they play in those games no problem, and I usually get a question before hand if there's a conflict between squads playing.

Jellico73

42 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

Will double check tonight to make sure, but I encountered something similar when I noticed my U19 getting ROFL Stomped by everyone, and it turned out I had 14 of my 16 U19 guys assigned to the reserve or senior team squad and they werent available for the U19 games. In my save, Ligue Rules say you don't have to register U19 players for Ligue games, so when I assign someone to the senior or reserve squad they don't count towards the total (I think...).  If I have them assigned to my U19 squad they play in those games no problem, and I usually get a question before hand if there's a conflict between squads playing.

Jellico73

I never used to get a message despite having players in the first team doing nothing. However I left the majority of last years intake unregistered and it worked again! I could even make those who were registered available too.

487cc90abdf3f13569a0a6b302c8e9bb.png

YES! We absolutely smashed HB out of the park with a 6-0 home victory. Our first ever win in Europe! A Maccioni* hattrick helped us on our way but the biggest moment in the match was HB missing a penalty. Had they scored that, I think that may have seen us struggle. Maribor await us in the next round.

World Cup 2026 - Mexico

65572a02d10341fd827dda89c6eceec0.png

0080515290fee3a28b5f48da5d1bf02d.png

d7d581a03d55da71f40cdea22328c43e.png

d8fdbcad367906f64bdc4c485c766ccc.png

The World Cup sees the curse of England strike again as they lose on penalties to Italy in a goalless affair. The group stages saw very few surprises, Mexico were extremely underwhelming in Group A. Cameroon snuck into second place just ahead of Serbia in another quite surprising result, but other than that, there were no real shocks in the groups. The real shock came in the knockouts - Egypt eliminated both Germany and Holland before being beat by England in the semi-final. What a performance! England also had a really tricky run before they lost in the final. The penalty shootout was up there with one of the worst ever; England missed 4 and Italy missed 3 before winning 2-1.

d69772dcb9dec12b666ed008de9c80b4.png

Holy ****. WE DID IT! An incredible upset. We went 2-0 fairly quickly and I feared the worst and switched to a defensive outlook and we held on 'til halftime. After halftime, Gasperoni 23b levelled the tie on aggregate and Maribor lost a central midfielder to a second yellow card. The game went to extra time, my nerves were shot and just when I went to a 'contain' strategy to play for penalties, Marco Raschi* popped up with the winner! We face Austria Wien in the next round.

Revenge is sweet.

a55e4bb93513ed2a291a9939e9d17d6e.png

The dream is over. The near impossible became completely impossible when Gobbi 25a received two quick yellows, the idiot. In truth, with 9 (nine) yellow cards, we were lucky not to have more reds. Austria Wien also had a man sent off in the dying seconds of the game, but 3-0 with ten men for the majority isn't a bad result. We've done ourselves proud.

a378862d20ad83468be7015640cedbd5.png

Think this will be our last upgrade until we hopefully turn professional. Asked the board after our Champions League run with £2m in the bank, they said no. :( And it turns out, we're not dead in the water in Europe after all as we've gone into the Europa League playoff! Here's who we can face:

5ede5d4d0edacd7c259c79ed98d21d01.png

Not Lazio, not Lazio, not Lazio. Please.

Archived