The Annual San Marino Youth Attempt

Cardiovascular

sp_cailungo_anniversary_logo.gif?itok=5A

2020/21

Fixtures 1 / 2 | Campionato Sammarinese | Coppa Titano Table | Finances

We startd off red hot with a new tactic and won 6/7 and drew the other. Then we hit a bad patch, the tactic was found out perhaps and we couldn't hit the target to save ourselves. Picked up a few wins towards the end of the season but it was not enough to drag ourselves into the championship playoff. That left the Coppa Titano as our only hope for getting into Europe and we did it! Breezed past Tre Fiori, Juvenes Dogana and Foglore. I say breezed but we needed extra time to get past two of those teams. But at least we are in Europe; hopefully we can push onto better things in the league next year.

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Franco Maccioni* - 11 goals.

Highest Average Rating - Manuel Podeschi* - 7.07

Fed up of Longoni, I dropped him in favour of Maccioni* and Enrico Caraccioli 20a in a brand spanking new formation with two strikers. The latter was fairly disappointing in his debut season. Maccioni* wasn't that great either but I think I'll have to accept that for a misfiring team, 11 goals was a good return. Bagged a critical hat-trick - the first of his career - in the Coppa Titano semi-final too. Podeschi* on the other hand emerged as one of our best players in the squad - in our opening run of seven games unbeaten, he had grabbed seven goals. Then came the slump, tactics changed and cut out wingers. So Podeschi* became a rotation option at full back and did well. 7.07 is not that high though and perhaps is an indicator of a poor season.

San Marino in Europe

After their year out, Tre Penne returned to the Champions League and beat Santa Coloma 4-1 in the first round before losing 4-0 to Zilina on aggregate. Foglore lost 5-0 to Young Boys and Fiorentino lost 6-0 to Mlada Boleslav in the Europa League first round.

Around Europe

Manchester United won the EPL again for the fourth time in five years by one point ahead of Chelsea who returned to the top four for the first time in the same time period. Arsenal and Man City round out the top four with Tottenham, Southampton and Liverpool taking the European spots. Leicester finished 13th but will be in next year's Champions League because they took home the Europa League trophy with a 2-1 win over Chelsea in the final.

PSG won in France as was to be expected however there were some shocks in the other two nations - in Germany, Leverkusen won the Bundesliga for the first time in their history with Dortmund finishing second and Bayern in third. Only three points seperated the top three in a tight knit affair. In Italy, Roma won the league at a canter finishing 9 clear of Inter in second. Napoli came third with Juventus surprisingly waaaay off the pace in fourth, 19 points behind the eventual winners.

Next Season

Would be really nice to see us do something in Europe. Would be really nice to see us do something domestically too.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah. This happened in the Champions League

6dfbc6f2f9d13e91517d6521cc81ecff.png

Anderlecht did well to make the final. They met their match in a thumping from City who had a significantly more difficult route to the final than the Belgians.

Also, @ManUtd1, BobbyManc is the brand spanking new manager of Bayern whose bad season nosedives even more right at the end. Will include a scarf watch in the next season review.

Enjoying this and just started one myself with La Florita and the national side. Only started yesterday but highlight is beating Birkirkara in the Europa League 1st round and drawing West Ham in the 2nd! We'll try and keep that one in single figures...! Was going to start a thread but seems like you beat me to it! Good luck and decent progress so far!

4 hours ago, mark1985 said:

Enjoying this and just started one myself with La Florita and the national side. Only started yesterday but highlight is beating Birkirkara in the Europa League 1st round and drawing West Ham in the 2nd! We'll try and keep that one in single figures...! Was going to start a thread but seems like you beat me to it! Good luck and decent progress so far!

That sounds like a great result, you're already progressing further than me! Don't let my thread put you off starting one, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. I know I'd read it!

41 minutes ago, clarkehwbu said:

Could we see your finances please?

Also did you start semi-pro or professional?

Here is the current finance screen. Although that doesn't take into account the youth facilities upgrade at the end of the season. We started (and currently remain) as an amateur club.

15 hours ago, Cardiovascular said:

That sounds like a great result, you're already progressing further than me! Don't let my thread put you off starting one, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. I know I'd read it!

Here is the current finance screen. Although that doesn't take into account the youth facilities upgrade at the end of the season. We started (and currently remain) as an amateur club.

Thanks, i'm surprised the team is yet to turn atleast semi-pro, with the cash available.

Has any other San Marino club turned yet?

I'm thinking of doing one myself so just wondering on these specifics, did you load many other leagues?

8 hours ago, clarkehwbu said:

Thanks, i'm surprised the team is yet to turn atleast semi-pro, with the cash available.

Has any other San Marino club turned yet?

I'm thinking of doing one myself so just wondering on these specifics, did you load many other leagues?

I played with Virtus on the last FM and it took me ten years to switch to semi-pro - very much a waiting game I think. Libertas, Foglore and Tre Penne are semi-professional although I'm not sure if this is over the course of the game so far or since the game started. I've loaded Italy (for the San Marino side basically) and England, Germany and France for my own amusement. All of those are view only though.

Youth Intake 2022

Can't get on gyazo or imgur to upload the youth candidates screenshot so that will come later. We got another good intake with various four/five star PAs, but I've only signed six players and tagged just three. However they are three good players with the other three having good determination which I like.

310296d0fc393bf1c079308199cfc242.png

AXI4xke.png

A second five star player in consecutive years! Would say he was not as good as Rondelli 21a on the eye and we don't play with wingers currently. I do like his stats for an advanced playmaker in in central midfield.

tcl331h.png

Great looking keeper, first touch aside. Can see him taking over from Francioni 17b next season.

PhIxRYN.png

Cesarini 22c definitely has the potential to be brilliant. Physically not the greatest and he's a bit on the short side for a centre back but I could let it slide if he improves enough.

16 hours ago, Cardiovascular said:

I played with Virtus on the last FM and it took me ten years to switch to semi-pro - very much a waiting game I think. Libertas, Foglore and Tre Penne are semi-professional although I'm not sure if this is over the course of the game so far or since the game started. I've loaded Italy (for the San Marino side basically) and England, Germany and France for my own amusement. All of those are view only though.

Thanks, I actually started my own last night and have created a fictional manager, and i'm possibly going to make a thread.

Some good prospects in that youth intake. Hopefully you can hold onto Dolcini

Have added in the youth intake screenshot in the original post. Anyway, this post is to show the glorious surprise I have stumbled upon. Our midfield maestro Luca Bartolini is hanging up his boots at the end of the season and I had a message about his retirement and how he "wanted to remain at Cailungo after his playing career was over." Hopped onto his profile and...

999d41d72082f3bbd2e90d6483588c89.png

Jackpot! :eek: Immediately signed him up to be our HoYD after he retires!

7c69730bbe3910919084b0feeb9e61c7.png

January 1900. You are here FOREVER.

6 hours ago, clarkehwbu said:

Wow, he's got amazing stats!

I started up my post yesterday, coming towards the end of the first season just had my youth intake so will be updating soon!

Agreed, was shocked when I saw! :D Good stuff, will follow along with your thread too!

1 hour ago, markybnufc1892 said:

Great read, will be keeping up with this thread!

Keep up the good work.

Thanks man, glad you enjoy!

2021/22

Fixtures 1 / 2Campionato SammarineseCoppa Titano TableTransfers | Finances

After a truly terrible season (2019/20) and a somewhat mediocre league campaign (2020/21), it was refreshing to see us doing well. We pushed Tre Penne right up until the last few games of the season where we sadly faded away but we qualified for both the playoffs of the league and the cup in a very good season. Although it was really disappointing to see us losing to Faetano in the cup after they had had such a poor season. We were outplayed in both our league playoff games though and deserved to go out of them. By the virtue of increased co-effecients, we qualified for Europa League which is a relief since our bank balance looks fairly low. Could do with making some progress in it though..

Spare a thought for San Giovanni, who look like they are really missing @Jupjamie's leadership skills. :(

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Franco Maccioni* - 21 goals

Highest Average Rating - Michele Bugli* - 7.24

Honorary Mentions - Enrico Caracciolo 20a

That is more like it! Franco Maccioni* provided goals goals goals that defied his 1.5 star rating which places him 4th best in the squad. He was a machine and we missed him when he didn't play - the other two strikes were both in their debut seasons and I think they struggled with that. Much like Caracciolo 20a did in his first year but my word how he kicked on. 15 goals and 16 assists is a simply brilliant return. Michele Bugli*, untagged from the class of 2018, was our best by far and was prominent with goals and assists from attacking midfield. Brilliant contribution from all three - one of the key reasons we ended up pushing for the top.

San Marino in Europe

Libertas suffered a 4-1 defeat to FC Differdange from Luxembourg in the first qualifying round of the Champions League. We lost 6-1 to Romanian side Pandurii while Tre Penne lost 3-1 to Bokelj of Montenegro. Like us, they won 1-0 at home but couldn't keep it together in the away leg.

Around Europe

Chelsea win the Premier League for the first time in this save and return to their perch at the top of English football. They were five points clear of Man City in second with United and Arsenal rounding out the top four. Spurs finished fifth although they will compete in the Champions League next season after they thrashed Monaco 4-0 to win the Europa League. The European spots in the EPL were seized by Bournemouth, Liverpool and Crystal Palace who finished 6th, 7th and 8th respectively. The EFL Cup was won by Manchester United who recorded a penalties win over rivals City. The same story would also occur in the FA Cup although this time United managed a 1-0 win in 90 minutes to take the trophy home.

Roma retained their Serie A title a full ten points clear of Juventus in second. Napoli and surprise package Torino would round out the top four. In Germany, Bayern claimed back the title that they lost to Leverkusen last year although they ran close again; only three points seperated Leverkusen from the crown. PSG romped to victory in France, well clear of Marseille in second and also had the joy of taking home the Champions League for the first time since 2017/18.

Next Season

Progress in Europe is a must. European qualification is a must. A trophy of sorts is desirable.

64d59b854f51926f37682deb70ea17cd.png

What. A. Result.

I'm left absolutely speechless by that performance. To claim a draw away from home against the Slovenian champions is a huge result. And it gives us every right to believe in ourselves going into the home tie. Considering we lost 6-0 away to Pandurii last year, this is remarkable improvement. All to play for.

122dfcd188cc3b240da3f5aa33c4cc5b.png

A glorious result but at the end of the day I am heartbroken not to be advancing to the next stage. :( We played so well up until Podeschi* got himself a stupid second yellow card and from there it was always uphill. Marton 18a gave us the lead from the penalty spot but we couldn't hold on. Maribor scored with 10 minutes to go and I am left gutted. 3-3 is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of though.

World Cup 2022 - Morocco

dc85128ef1f6598c9d7e935a9b2507c2.png

e0bac77bb1d119299e72ba902404d326.png

56646a57406cf5e40f404bd6526adf63.png

ef5b356a9c7a702772c6058128c63396.png

The World Cup throughs up no real surprises other than perhaps great achievements from Mali and Morocco to make the second round. In fact, the host country do magnificently to defeat Italy as well before crashing out to Spain. The Africans have represented their continent brilliantly. As well as Morocco, Mali put up one hell of a fight to take Brazil to extra time to cap off a truly wonderful tournament for the African sides. In the end, Spain would be the side to take home football's most prestigious trophy by seeing off Germany in the final.

I agree, slipped through our fingers there I think. In other news, Tre Penne have gone professional and are chasing Dolcini 22a. He's on an amateur contract, so I think  he can be snapped up at any time after he turns 17. They've just offered £10k for him but I've turned it down. Inevitable that we'll lose him eventually though.

Youth Intake 2023

437698f5deeee9ce85a52975ccf3f1d0.png

Good intake. 5 players tagged and I signed the others who had high determination or good personalities.

0324a6335633fadfed345b8397b73c79.png

Good looking player, terrible personality. Don't have any tutors as of yet and since we're in no urgent need of a goalkeeper right now, he'll spend a couple of seasons in the U19s.

9abe4db521e937663849d7758e7cd3e4.png

He's a good player with pace which is nice. We don't use wingers though - I see he can play striker unconvincingly so I'll maybe retrain him there but I'm not sure how his future here will be.

7204c7a0db4f9122bbca052bb4b99ffd.png

After losing Davide Venerucci to Libertas, we needed a natural DM. Fabio Tini 23c is that man. Really happy to have him, probably the player I'm happiest about from the intake.

aba43540a710c210ea4cda84e836c5f3.png

I liked the look of him when I seen him. Good personality but needs his determination up.

e9f9574eff3fc09f7d626b98543ca021.png

Got a bit excited when I seen 14 for passing and 11 for first touch, but he has potential!

4 minutes ago, Cardiovascular said:

a2b516e621855a80b9cf24accc396d1f.png

Dolcini 21b had just became first choice this season as well. :( Hopefully doesn't set back his career but it will surely stunt his development.

Oh, this can't be good. I hope he might come back better, but I hope it's not a bust. My other options for him is to find some other youth players who should be better than him. Let's make things safe for now.

On 29/01/2017 at 14:13, sherwinriga said:

Oh, this can't be good. I hope he might come back better, but I hope it's not a bust. My other options for him is to find some other youth players who should be better than him. Let's make things safe for now.

Currently struggling on the striker front. Leaves me with just three strikers. :(

2022/23

Fixtures 12Campionato SammarineseCoppa Titano TableTransfersFinances

As you can see from the screenshots, we had such a good season up until the last few games where we turned into bottlers that wouldn't look out of place in Liverpool kits. It was SO frustrating to watch our season crumble into pieces. Unbeaten for alot of the season and then out in the Coppa Titano and the Championship playoffs without even a hint of a fight. It was pathetic. We haven't even qualified for Europe. Getting more annoyed just talking about it.

Key Players

Top Goalscorers - Franco Maccioni* and Enrico Caracciolo 20a - 9 goals

Highest Average Rating - Enrico Caracciolo 20a - 7.10

I could've been really happy not posting anyone here. But I suppose that would be a bit of a hissy fit. Maccioni* started a lot less this year and perhaps we paid for that as he only scored 9. Caracciolo 20a did alright with 9 goals and 10 assists but he dropped off from last season. Poor all round.

San Marino in Europe

Fiorentino cruised past TNS 3-2 in the Champions League only to lose to Rosenborg 5-0 in the next round which is not embarassing by any stretch. In the Europa League, we lost on away goals after a heartbreaking 4-4 draw with Maribor. Libertas lost 3-1 to Zrinjski although they gained a very credible 0-0 draw away from home. Tre Penne lost 8-2 against Ventspils of Latvia.

Around Europe

In England, Manchester City claimed the Premier League title by 2 points from neighbours United. Arsenal and Chelsea rounded out the top four with Spurs, Liverpool and Leicester qualifying for the Europa League. Manchester United would win the EFL Cup over Chelsea and Spurs would win the FA Cup in extra time with a 3-2 win over surprise finalists Blackburn who remain a mid-table Championship side. It was fairly amusing to see them take every tie after the fourth round to extra time or penalties too.

Bayern claimed the Bundesliga title in Germany ahead of Dortmund and Leverkusen, while PSG won the league in France four points clear of Monaco. Italy was interesting though; Napoli won the league but only 4 points seperated 1st and 5th in a tight finish. Milan, Roma and Juventus rounded out the top four. Juventus would redeem their season slightly by beating PSG 2-1 to win the Champions League. Meanwhile, the Europa League belonged to Benfica as they defeated Spurs 2-0 in the final.

Next Season

Win.

Goalkeepers

63da32981bedc05e2ac30bdccbc9b8e2.png

b4e7406ce86145ea06d0691645ae6cd5.png

f4188dc991b7bd22744ce484541ef688.png

f36b9ce1deba52e68c00c84686ecaab7.png

It's safe to say we are set in the goalkeeping department for a long time. Francioni 17b was our number one for 5 years, making 110 appearances in that time and keeping 40 clean sheets. However, since the arrival and subsequent loss of his number one spot to Forcellini 22b, he has deteriorated rapidly and is now rated just one and a half star. Perhaps it's a sign of how strong our squad has gotten?  Forcellini 22b is a very good goalkeeper but is almost like a cow heading for slaughter as Rattini 23a creeps up on him. Although I think Rattini 23a will be in the U19's for this coming season. Veronesi 20b has made two cup appearances in his 3 years and has always been behind in the pecking order. Would say third or fourth choice.

Full Backs

29f53e78613066a6755b69dedca2309c.png

0e8410c58f715a69d9d0c4809803ba67.png

a3e08bc0f25c48ffd082087f40a9c55c.png

7372dc2cb54236c6c9083e73f86bbf6a.png

6488286df5245502c8dad5b7665c4535.png

Corti 20c is our star man at left back with his 18 determination. I really like him. So much so that I'm going to make him captain so we can get him tutoring younger players as soon as possible - he's currently the vice captain for what it's worth. Other than Corti 20c, we're short at left back. Benedettini 17f is our backup but he's pretty bad and is only around because a) we have no other options and b) he scored a critical goal in the cup final. At the right back position, Pasolini* made the position his last year from Podeschi*. Podeschi* is a right winger by trade but our lack of wingers saw him re-trained at right back but it's not his strongest area. Cervellini* came up from the U19's last year because he was too old and he looks handy enough.

Midfielders

Defensive Midfielders

2fcd166099e784be4cc8f6efad4671bd.png

7204c7a0db4f9122bbca052bb4b99ffd.png

Central Midfielders

0eae7949faaa38e6910d876d60fc0668.png

2d33bb3ace850c5ac74c6f1a84ef54c2.png

fa5c8c1289e05de7fe397ca4e2ffed87.png

Attacking Midfielders

8e2ab20811541f2151615f2b62e8fef7.png

8819d8045b3b7a29e6198a594c18f154.png

These positions may look bare but these are only the players I wish to use over the course of a season. There are backups but they are not as good (yet? since most have potential) to be listed here. Despite a bare looking central midfield, I'm happy with it since the majority of these players listed can also play central midfield. Anyway, Rondelli 21a and Dolcini 22a are our starting central midfield pair although neither of them are yet to set the world alight sadly. Here's hoping things improve for them in the coming seasons. Michelloti* and Tini 23c I'm happy with as our central midfield combo. Our AMC could be better I think but we'll have to make do with what we have there.

Strikers

2dafac38114bd111763ec0577d2ab63a.png

c14a685bf67ef27066aac8ef98aa92f3.png

7d2b6525358eb2d53ce6c12a718d5ed0.png

11ae2c0de48678ca5af626a8819b169d.png

Here are our strikers who jostle for two positions up top. Currently, Caraciollo 20a is the main man up top although it would appear he can be very hit or miss in terms of turning up for a game. Dolcini 21b was quite the talent but damaged cruciate ligaments have ruled him out for at least three more months of the new season. Maccioni*, well, we've seen what he can do. Seems to outperform his attributes. Zafferani 21c has struggled of late and I'm not sure if he has a long term future if we get a decent striker in the youth intake.

Youth Intake 2024

ce565a4a7490966a2118ebf40f37331f.png

A nice left back is the main attraction here. Corti 20c has fallen off a cliff in terms of his ability, not sure how, so it's good to get one. Tagged 4, signed the others who had either high determination or a good personality.

c88e16afbd25f9eb84fb8626ba8dec0f.png

Decent looking player really. Happy with him. :thup:

025840b5347f6f483db324c170e56903.png

Wanted some more depth up top and we got it. A target man with good finishing. Bad personality though.

823424395cbfa47dfaaeab7d8a9e1b67.png

He's okay I guess. We're pretty good at CM though, will have to be something special to break into the side.

8660858ff9ef0422b31255f50c58fa52.png

I like him alot - he's quick for a centre back and professional personality as well. A little on the short side but I can get over that.

Agreed! Looking forward to integrating him into the team this year. :)

2023/24

Fixtures 12Campionato SammarineseCoppa Titano TableTransfersFinances

Successful season I'd say - we took back our place in Europe and made it to the final of the league playoffs. Again, we were rubbish in the cup after breezing it in the group stage. Libertas in the end proved to be too strong for us even after we'd just beaten them in the semi-final. I expected it though - the victory came in the 90th minute after Libertas were reduced to ten so I knew they were far too strong for us. Overall, a much improved season compared to last year and I am happy. For once!

Key Players

Top Goalscorer - Franco Maccioni* - 15 goals

Highest Average Rating - Alessio Marton 18a - 7.08

Great season from Maccioni* up top. His strike partner varied across the season - Caraciolli 20a had a few injuries - but he was consistent throughout. Marton 18a had a strong season at the back. I wasn't sure if he was going to be part of our starting centre back pair but he kept his position for the majority of the season despite being rated 7th best centre back at the club.

San Marino in Europe

Tre Penne lost 4-1 to Hibernians of Malta in the Champions League qualifiers. Mlada Boleslav saw off Fiorentino 7-0, while IFK Mariehamm beat Juvenes Dogana 5-0 on aggregate too. Finally, Libertas lost 6-1 to Norwegian side Stromsgodset.

Around Europe

Once again the Premier League title returned to Old Trafford as United win the league by two points ahead of Spurs. Liverpool and City round out the top four about 14 points off the pace whilst Arsenal, Chelsea and Stoke finish 5th, 6th and 7th and qualify for the Europa League. United also take home the EFL but the FA Cup belonged to rivals City who defeated Stoke 2-1 to claim the trophy. Spurs would finish off a fairly successful season with a 1-0 win over Inter Milan to win the Europa League.

PSG ran away with the French league title again finishing 7 points ahead of 2nd place Monaco. Unai Emery's side also won the Champions League as they seen off United in the final to take home the trophy. In Italy, Napoli retained their Serie A title finishing seven points clear of Roma in second, Juventus came third and Lazio fourth. It was a familiar story in Germany as well as Bayern ran riot and finished fourteen points clear of second place side Dortmund.

Next Season

Same again please.

Archived