Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
pw75

Manager Changes

On FM17 is there any way to change what comes into your inbox compared to what goes to the 'social feed' box?

The main issue I am having is that for game immersion I like to know when managers are sacked and appointed, when I am unemployed these messages come into my inbox just like they did in FM16 but when I am employed they stop coming into my inbox and only show up via the 'social feed' box which I am not a fan of as it doesn't come up with all the info I like to read immediately and instead you have to click on it to read it which bores me.

So the question I am asking is can I have the managerial changes come into my inbox all the time not just when I am unemployed as I have looked for a setting everywhere but can't find one.

Thanks

Edited by pw75

Totally agree, very annoying and needs addressing by SI for FM2018. Manager sackings & appts should be inbox news as it keeps people immersed with league changes.

I cancel all my subscriptions for social media so I have no idea who has been sacked or hired generally until I play that team.

Ok guys thanks for replying.

Does seem a weird anomaly to not allow the inbox to receive these, nothing worse than seeing Arsenal for once winning the title a few seasons in a row and thinking that Wenger has finally got them clicking to then realise Guardiola is at the helm as Man City sacked him 5 months into his new job with them!

In my inbox I want to be able to recieve breaking news, Key match results and groundbreaking manager sackings and appointments. It's very awkward to cram all the news in one place with the social fees as well. Plus the news feed and news screen are so not user friendly at all. Make it look like a newspaper or something.

From what I can remember on the social feed tab you can decide to just have news items come up rather than all the 'tweets' but in the actual inbox tab I couldn't see anywhere about formatting your inbox, i.e. customising exactly what comes into the inbox.

The weird thing is that when you are unemployed the job changes do come into the inbox so there must be a setting somewhere that can allow this when you are employed but maybe it isn't customisable for the user just something programed direct into the game.   Kind of strange when so many other aspects of the game can be amended and changed when this can't as for me to get into a game I always set up the 'screen flow' to show the main trophy results and the main European leagues to keep myself in tune with the virtual world and another way of doing this is making sure I am aware of the manager comings and goings.

Edited by pw75

I have the same problem with national team results. I want these to come to my inbox for the england results and team like they used to, but i cant do it :'(