Predicted Upgrades/Downgrades in the Update?

Upgrade for Jordan Pickford, he has let in a lot of goals but considering what is in front of him and the amount and the style of some of the saves he has made show he is clearly a very good keeper. (on that note Djilibodji's assist for Liverpool's second goal against us the other day was beautiful just a shame it was at the wrong end again)

I think Kante deserves an upgrade as well, he is very good in game but he seems to fall out of the pecking order at Chelsea quite quickly and he is obviously a key player.

Also a change to the hardcode of the game so any team with Jack "the curse" Rodwell in it can only draw at best.

17 hours ago, eple said:

In my save Simone Zaza is worth £42m and has First Team-status for his club Real Madrid. Seems unlikely!

zaza is immense scores a brace against me almost every time I play against west ham in every PL save I have done so far

On 04/01/2017 at 16:17, puffascruffowitz said:

Harry Kane needs a downgrade. I'm sick of seeing him scoring 40 goals a season in FM, they've made him too OP. And I agree with Iwobi, he should've had better attributes at the release of FM17 imo.

Downgrade for Vardy seems fair also

Since becoming a first-team player in the 14-15 season, Kane averages 0.6 goals per game for Spurs. Over a 55-game season, he'd only to improve that to 0.72 to hit 40 goals. Considering at the start of FM17 he's 22 years old and some way off his peak, and Tottenham tend to perform well, regularly qualify for the UCL and improve their squad especially once they move out of White Hart Lane, that isn't exactly an impossibility. 

34 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Since becoming a first-team player in the 14-15 season, Kane averages 0.6 goals per game for Spurs. Over a 55-game season, he'd only to improve that to 0.72 to hit 40 goals. Considering at the start of FM17 he's 22 years old and some way off his peak, and Tottenham tend to perform well, regularly qualify for the UCL and improve their squad especially once they move out of White Hart Lane, that isn't exactly an impossibility. 

I do realize that once you first hit continue you've left the real world, but I'm annoyed with some players in FM over performing. Juan Mata is always in contention for ballon d'or with over 8.0 avg rating, Harry Kane is probably one of the top 5 strikers in the world in the FM world, Higuaín scoring 50+ goals a season, and many others. These are all fantastic players no doubt, but I feel there's something a bit off when they're performing at Messi/Ronaldo levels in FM.

@puffascruffowitz although, ironically, Messi and Ronaldo never reach their real life levels in FM. I've never seen either of them get anywhere near the amount of goals they score in La Liga each season.

I agree with you about Kane. I hate playing Spurs because they are in my opinion overpowered throughout the team.

5 hours ago, ..Valhalla.. said:

@puffascruffowitz although, ironically, Messi and Ronaldo never reach their real life levels in FM. I've never seen either of them get anywhere near the amount of goals they score in La Liga each season.

I agree with you about Kane. I hate playing Spurs because they are in my opinion overpowered throughout the team.

Within two years they're going to have the best training facilities and academy system in Britain, the second largest stadium in the Premier League, oftentimes Champions League football, a squad that already almost won the league despite being the youngest team competing, a manager who's received many plaudits and is acclaimed by none other than Alex Ferguson, a scouting system that consistently finds very good young talent at cheap prices whether British or European, perhaps the most highly rated chairman in the world for his negotition skills, and all this on a more than affordable wage structure. The prospects for Spurs in the future are, on paper at least, extremely strong, and that bares fruit in the game too.

Reid and Obiang need a little boost. Obiang has been outstanding and Reid is in the top 3 or 4 CB's in the league, IMO.

All the other West Ham players need serious nerfing ..... Lets just leave that discussion there please -)

On 04/01/2017 at 16:17, puffascruffowitz said:

Harry Kane needs a downgrade. I'm sick of seeing him scoring 40 goals a season in FM, they've made him too OP. And I agree with Iwobi, he should've had better attributes at the release of FM17 imo.

Downgrade for Vardy seems fair also

do that yourself in editor for Kane. i have, i lowered his ability by 2 or 3 as i agree he is ridiculous

1 hour ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

do that yourself in editor for Kane. i have, i lowered his ability by 2 or 3 as i agree he is ridiculous

That's very unlikely to change anything though. You're relying on the game to arbitrarily reduce his attributes, now it might take a couple of points off tackling and marking, it might take a point off pace, it might take points off his corners and free kicks. 

Certain players do excel in the match engine not because they're overrated, but because the way in which they're rated also happens to fall favourably in with how the latest incarnation of the ME works with those players. There's not always a lot that can be done about that, because it largely means that a player rated like Harry Kane may well perform a little more favourably. The only way to stop that from happening is for the player to be rated not like Harry Kane. It's not that straight forward, because there's a little wriggle room to create a player who fits a certain mould with slightly different approaches to the attributes. From a data perspective though, the argument cannot be "Harry Kane is too effective in the game when he's rated as Harry Kane, please rate him as someone else" 

20 minutes ago, santy001 said:

That's very unlikely to change anything though. You're relying on the game to arbitrarily reduce his attributes, now it might take a couple of points off tackling and marking, it might take a point off pace, it might take points off his corners and free kicks. 

Certain players do excel in the match engine not because they're overrated, but because the way in which they're rated also happens to fall favourably in with how the latest incarnation of the ME works with those players. There's not always a lot that can be done about that, because it largely means that a player rated like Harry Kane may well perform a little more favourably. The only way to stop that from happening is for the player to be rated not like Harry Kane. It's not that straight forward, because there's a little wriggle room to create a player who fits a certain mould with slightly different approaches to the attributes. From a data perspective though, the argument cannot be "Harry Kane is too effective in the game when he's rated as Harry Kane, please rate him as someone else" 

That does makes sense. He's just in the perfect team/perfect formation/perfect ME for him to be super successful inside FM. It's the same way when I buy a player and they play out of their minds, 50/60 goals a season. That's because they fit the formation and play favorably in the ME.

That said I'd still like him nerfed, even if it wouldn't affect his performances too much

I've played as Spurs regularly over the last few years & Kane is great, however I don't think it's that far beyond the realms of possibility that he could get 40 goals a season. 

My main issue with the team is the full-backs. IMO, Walker & Rose are right up there with the best in the PL, if not Europe, but their stats & ratings don't seem to show it so I'd suggest a slight increase in CA & PA to both players.

I've never had any issues from either of them in terms of performance, but Trippier & Davies are apparently just as good. I think it's common knowledge that's in real life that's not the case.

I understand it's easy to say players deserve to be higher rated on the back of a good 6 months, but the ratings for these two have seemingly been the same or similar for the last couple of FMs whilst they've certainly improved under Poch & are now key to their coach's way of playing.

Archived