Franky's GHOST Tactic for FM 17 - plug and play!!!

Going well so far - out of 17 competitive fixtures I've won 14 lost 2 and drew 1. The 2 I lost were against Fenerbache in the Europa league first knockout round and it was before our season started. It could have been because Fenerbache were too strong.

19 hours ago, rizqikk said:

franky could you post your tactic for serie - a team, as im managing milan, and in serie-a their deffense is very deep and lower tempo

ive tested it in many leagues, worked in all. I just started a save and taking over Fiorentina in mid december of 2016 so will let you know what happens

2 minutes ago, Franky. said:

I've just updated the tactic to v1.2....... it's now more dominant than before. Ross, try it and let us know what you think. You've used 1.1/1.1a extensively so are the best man to judge, I reckon.

Franky's GHOST Tactic v1.2 for FM 17 (17.2) plug & play!!_73146D04-5135-44CD-A293-46B0C067E202.fmf

sure, i just started the save so will be a good time, only played one match with 1.1a

just a couple thoughts, only a couple games in. defensively seems to be good, 1.1 was giving up a few goals but since i switched it has cut down and ive never had a 4 goal scorer in the game ever and certainly have never had a 9.9 rating ever and he isnt really that great to begin with. not to mention tactic isnt close to being fluid yet. will be playing rest of the day and will post my thoughts

90bda94ae0b141e78b3a402890b89c87.png

19 minutes ago, Pogrebnik said:

Is there any chance to make ss some striker possition?

You can try but I doubt it will work because the whole setup is designed to get the shadow striker through on goal for one on ones with the keeper. If that through ball is not on because the opponent's defensive line has dropped back to take care of your striker, then it's going to mean lots of lost possession and you'll concede more goals....... If you really want to play with a striker, my PHANTOMS tactic is similar to this so perhaps go with that.

scoring seems ok, was scoring about 3 per game and my team was not set up properly for the tactic player wise. defense was solid. i had alot injuries when i took over the team, half the squad was out for a month so ive decided to crank fm touch up and try out athletico madrid  with it. that will give me a better test due to the squad having guys who can properly run it attributes wise. hoping i can fly through a season quicker on the touch. never used it before

On 1/19/2017 at 01:39, Ross Ingersoll said:

scoring seems ok, was scoring about 3 per game and my team was not set up properly for the tactic player wise. defense was solid. i had alot injuries when i took over the team, half the squad was out for a month so ive decided to crank fm touch up and try out athletico madrid  with it. that will give me a better test due to the squad having guys who can properly run it attributes wise. hoping i can fly through a season quicker on the touch. never used it before

The scoring was so clinical prior to the latest tactic release, but since the latest release, scoring has gone down to a goal a game compared to 2/3 goals on average. I'll have to try the previous tactic version to see if there's a difference

1 hour ago, sparkysrovers said:

The scoring was so clinical prior to the latest tactic release, but since the latest release, scoring has gone down to a goal a game compared to 2/3 goals on average. I'll have to try the previous tactic version to see if there's a difference

Really?...... okay, let me know your observations. Which version worked best for you?

Hi Franky,

I've been testing Ghosts firstly then switched to Phantoms because I wasn't doing very well... I'm using Norwich and had got most of the way through a season using a different striker less tactic which was good but not great. I just wasn't dominating like I wanted to and was going through a bad patch.

I started with Ghosts and had a terrible run of results but didn't have the speed in my SS to make it work so switched to Phantoms and won 4 of my next 5 to finish the season on a high.

I went into pre season using Phantoms and bought a new striker to compliment it (Callum Wilson) but now appear to be struggling. I'm on FM17.2.1 and have just read above that Ghosts doesn't seem to get the goals the same way on this version so am reluctant to switch back. I found the same issue with my shots on goal generally going over or straight at the keeper and often seemed to concede late in the game. 

Could you possibly upload Ghosts 1.1c (is that the previous version?) please, so I can test that as I'm worried update 17.2.1 has messed up its effectiveness. Either that or my players just can't get it right...?

been playing the hell out of this tactic lately with big and smaller teams.  unless you have a rather big team, you aren't going to score 4 goals a game, just not going  to happen but you will win . currently I am playing as afc wimbolden(league 1) and about 20 games into the league and only lost once with a 24 goal differential. I also beat reading in first round of the cup (championship level team) then I kicked burnleys butt from the premier league 6-1. I did lose to Liverpool next round but I lost 1-0 and they only scored in 2nd half after I got a red card . the tactic for me is very solid, I may not be scoring hand over fist but I am scoring and giving up less then a goal per match on average

1b636dae336c422fb132c4df7b0c9a78.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've looking for P&P strategies, which don't seem to be common in FM17, because I don't have a lot of time to make a strategy myself, but si really love to play FM. Still, Ghost has made me want to try all the other strategies you have, to see which ones adapt to small, medium and big teams, to do a Journeyman career with only your tactics. My first season (Tested with Chelsea) went well beyond my expectations, with 132 goals scored and 23 conceded, which isn't quite close to the 10-1 goal ratio a tactic had back in FM15, but fair enough. 

Currently on my second season, I spend all of last season unsettling Griezmann and Sanchez so their club would sell and got the front three of Hazard-Sanchez-Griezmann. Safe to say, I expected some goals. However, never have I gotten something like the 8-0... EIGHT-****ING-NIL, destruction of Arsenal and a modest subsequent 5-0 victory against Gladbach in the CL. I don't use editors, don't see the point in taking out more of the challenge, I'm just generous with my rotation 

Safe to say that I completely trust your tactics and will look forward to more tactics and updates! Keep em coming!

(P.S. would have wanted to post a picture but I'm writing this from my phone and there's a 2mb cap for files)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived