Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
DGenInc

File corruption any recommendations

My save has been corrupted does anyone recommend any fixes for this problem and/or Recommend any File restoration programs.

I've already tried restoring to previous versions but there are no previous versions available.

Thank you.

Always activate auto-saves in the preferences with at least 3 rolling auto saves. If a saved game is corrupted, there is no other way to continue.

I don't think there is anything that can restore/piece back together corrupted FM saves.

There is an option within FM to have a rolling save system (usually 3 files I think) and that saves 3 versions of your game - Most Recent - Previous Save - 2 Saves Previous. It might be worth enabling this if you can to avoid it happening again.

The only other real hope is to take your game to FIFA and tell them its corrupt, I'm pretty sure they could tell you its definitely not corrupt and how nothing they touch is ever corrupt.

I have a system where the save name is always the day of the week (like Wed.fm).  You'll never lose more than a day!

Edited by Goosewinkle

On 1/4/2017 at 04:13, DGenInc said:

My save has been corrupted does anyone recommend any fixes for this problem and/or Recommend any File restoration programs.

I've already tried restoring to previous versions but there are no previous versions available.

Thank you.

Under these circumstances there is no option for you but to start again, unless you have a backup save.  File restoration applications have not been able to restore a corrupted save in the past.  As others have said, set the saving option in preferences, so that you never have this problem again.

I've got to the point where i'm just resigned to the fact that my saves will get corrupted at some point,I have lost 5 saves over two FMs,which is bad for me ,because i do FM on youtube,i need the saves to work.But i've tried all manner of saving techniques,saving to the cloud with my most recent save that got corrupted today,3 file rolling saves with my FM16 Portsmouth save and FM17 Gutersloh saves that got corrupted.I don't know what else to try to stop any future saves from corrupting