Sports Interactive Community
Don_69

FM 17 - Paulo Dybala

Who's tried him on this game? I haven't yet, but I'm pretty close to signing him to Spurs in pre-season before my fifth season. Only issue is that Juve won't even negotiate before I offer £165 which is pretty insane.
That's probably more than what he's worth, but I have the money as I've sold Kane. Feel free to leave a short review!

Edited by Don_69

He's arguably the best player of this year's FM so I'm not surprised that juve won't sell him easily, especially if they have been doing good and they have strong finances.

Bought for 55m from Chelsea at the start of the 7th season, I'm Atletico Madrid so it was quite a bit to pay for somebody about to turn 29 but God has he been worth it. More than a goal a game, assists galore and an average rating above 8, special special player. I'd agree with DarkInkCL, alongside maybe Neymar and disregarding a 1st/2nd season Messi or Suarez he's the best

Pretty much the best forward player you can actually buy (Messi and CR7 aren't leaving Barca/RM), will be worth any amount you pay for him.

I managed to get him dirt cheap at the start of the game as he fell out with manager at Juve, won pretty much every personal accolade he can in the next season and half

11 minutes ago, Quinby said:

What role you guys use him in? 

CF or DLF would be best to make use of his technical skills and passing ability. But Dybala can feasibly play any forward role except Target Man and still excel

Cheers for all the feedback. I did buy him, and he was absolute garbage the first 7-8 games before he settled. Goals, goals, goals now, he's an absolute beast. Him and Pulisic are the best two players I've tried on this game. Don't think I've ever payed as much for a player (been playing CM/FM since CM 4), but like I said, I had the money.

Took 3 years of declaring interest and Juve finishing outside the CL for him to force a move to me (arsenal) on my save spent £94mil on him was worth every penny, you get the chance by him

Bought him before the 3rd season for what I felt was a very reasonable £65 million, to replace the retiring Zlatan. Been a perfect signing and scored a goal a game. Tapered off a little towards the end of the season but has started the next season in top form again. Would recommend him to anyone.

The guy is a beast.

I've bounced around a lot of saves so far and started a Juve one, 3/4 of the way through the season and he has 30+ goals and 10+ assists, playing mainly as a CF-s or DLF.

1 hour ago, crestofadave said:

Bought him before the 3rd season for what I felt was a very reasonable £65 million, to replace the retiring Zlatan. Been a perfect signing and scored a goal a game. Tapered off a little towards the end of the season but has started the next season in top form again. Would recommend him to anyone.

What a steal! I payed £100 mill more than you :lol::idiot:

18 goals and 8 assists in his first 20 PL games.

18 minutes ago, Don_69 said:

What a steal! I payed £100 mill more than you :lol::idiot:

18 goals and 8 assists in his first 20 PL games.

Not really sure how it happened. I didn't evenunsettle him too much. I tried to get him at the January window before and Juve just wouldn't consider it and eventually went again in April and they accepted pretty quickly! I don't think I could pay 165m for a player!!

HI all,

Midway through my first season with Arsenal and randomly got a message from the board to say I have an extra £92million to spend.

I 'think' I can spend it all on him - sounds like it would be worth it?? This is my current (top of the table) tactic:

20170107220407_1.jpg

Yes, without a doubt. Amazing striker. I've used him as a Treq in a similar system and for me he scored about a goal a game, while also topping the assist charts.

He was my top target ever since I started my Man Utd possession save as I knew it wouldn't take long before Ibrahimovic would need replacing as a False 9. I didn't, however, think I'd be able to sign him in the first January transfer window I entered. 

Zlatan picked up a 4/5 month injury which could really have scuppered my title push with Martial and Rashford both finishing like drains. I'm currently just 3 points behind 1st place Arsenal so I still think I have a great chance of winning the title and thus wanted to bring in a world class striker. 

The board had already increased my budget to 73 million pounds without me even needing to ask (strong financial position was their reason) and Rooney and Schneiderlin bith requested to leave which allowed me to rake in an extra 30 million along with a monster wage budget. 

From that point I made Juve an initial offer for Dybala (86 million) which they straight up rejected. I then declared interest in him which prompted him to say that he wouldn't respond until a bid was made. I then had a second bid rejected which caused a row between Dybala and Allegri and after a few more negotiations I managed to get Juve to acquiese to sell him for 94 million plus a further 10 if he scores 50 league goals. (They also get 50% of any future transfer fee but I don't plan on selling him any time soon) 

I'm really hoping this guy is as good as you guys say he is because I basically want to build the team around him for the next 5 or 6 years. 

14 hours ago, MINTED BLOB said:

I'm really hoping this guy is as good as you guys say he is because I basically want to build the team around him for the next 5 or 6 years. 

Put it this way--in my save, he's just had his comeback season after breaking his foot for the second time, at the age of 28.  Scored 26 and assisted 19 for Man City in the league, and won the CL Golden Boot with 9 goals.

You can be pretty confident about him.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. 

I have managed to get him in January of first season. A cool £75mil up front with fee potentially rising to £110million based on goals and league appearances (both set at 50 to put it all into next seasons budget).

Rather excited about this one. One of Giroud or Lucas will probably have to to in the summer as a result. Both playing really well though. 

Good to have options!

I signed him for Arsenal at the very start.  I play him as DLF/A in a 4-2-3-1 and as AF in a 4-4-2 diamond (with Giroud alongside him).  He has 13 goals so far, by the end of October.  Great anticipation, composure and agility means he scores loads of 6-yard-box tap-ins and from low near-post crosses.

I managed to sign him in my second season as Real Madrid boss for £80 million, and he has been scoring for fun ever since, I'm playing him in a DLF role in a 433 Narrow with Morata the centre striker and Bale on the right

he is awsome....

got him for Liverpool for 107m end season 2.

next season we won everything and he managed 76 goals in all comps (created a new record in them all as well) and aboyt 25 assists iirc.

he basically put Liverpool back on top :)

How much do you need to roughly spend to get Dybala? I'm chelsea, just finished 2nd season. 

As Arsenal, £68m (80m €) (all up front) in January first season.

What helped a lot to get the price down:

- adding him as a top transfer target in October

- having him scouted all the time

- attending some of his matches myself (just start the match and leave is enough)

- making bids that get rejected (60m, 70m ...)

- use your highest reputation player to "try and convince top transfer target"

Juventus didn't want to sell at first, but Dybala got angry with them for rejecting bids and the player was flattered by me visiting his matches :-). You can maybe get him for less if you try this for longer, but after Man City became interested in him I chose to act quickly.

I should mention his statistics for his first season at Real, in 54 appearances in all competitions he scored 37 and assisted 28, which is directly contributing to 65 goals in 52 appearances. I should also mention in the league he played 34 matches, and scored 21 and assisted 21

Here's a screenshot of him. Bought him in January window. He scored only 31 in 20 league games that he played :D In the last season I didn't use him much in the league. Only when the youngsters were not up to scratch. I have highlighted that season so you can see his CL performance.

I have rarely ever seen such performance from a non-regen striker. To top the stats off, he scores absolutely insane goals. If you can afford him, you have to buy him. My recommendation would be to have 2 equally ridiculous wingers feeding him while he plays as the sole striker. I got Pavon on left wing, Ousmane Dembele on the right.

Hope this helps.

Dybala.jpg

Has anyone tried retraining him for the AMR position?

That is my teams weakest position atm and i can get him for 55m.

I paid £170m + 50% of profit (that's never going to happen). Bloody expensive, the most I've ever spent on a player. But he's phenomenal. Just under a goal a game and has about 20 assists as well. I'll post a screenshot at the end of the season.

On 3/15/2017 at 12:44, Siven said:

I haven't personally tried it but it will definitely work.  He's left-footed of course, so he'll be best suited to IF or AP, but he's got all the skills for it.

On 15/03/2017 at 16:44, Siven said:

I genuinely believe he could stroll in any league, in any attacking position. Hes obscene.

Dybala and Kane playing upfront together:

58cdbec76e6cf_DybalaandKane2018-19.jpg.c

Dybala as a Complete Forward (support) and Kane as an Advanced Forward (attack).

I often do youth challenges but I'm currently having a bit of fun with a Stoke save. After selling Shaqiri in July 2nd season for £74m + clauses I managed to sign Dybala for £70m as his replacement in August. I'm using him as a shadow striker in a strikerless formation and he's been incredible so far, 9 in 6.

After 6 months in my service these are his stats. I think I'm in love

593d2664e295d_PauloDybala_ReportsStats.thumb.png.1779e192fb41abe6f3c4338f9a036a0d.png593d270f5caac_PauloDybala_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.e62cab276edb4d5d1174b235649098de.png

You might be wondering why there is no Champions League. I was drawn into an easy group and used my second string players to go through that. Once I get into the Quarter Finals my first picks will start playing. 

He's being played in a 4-3-3 formation. So far he's worth every penny of that £108 million I paid at the end of my second season. 

Edited by Vilmar

Signed him when he was around 32 years for 10 mil in my Barcelona team, ended up scoring 53 goals in the league for 2 years in a row. Fantastic player.

On 2017-2-27 at 12:43, Nr. 9 said:

As Arsenal, £68m (80m €) (all up front) in January first season.

What helped a lot to get the price down:

- adding him as a top transfer target in October

- having him scouted all the time

- attending some of his matches myself (just start the match and leave is enough)

- making bids that get rejected (60m, 70m ...)

- use your highest reputation player to "try and convince top transfer target"

Juventus didn't want to sell at first, but Dybala got angry with them for rejecting bids and the player was flattered by me visiting his matches :-). You can maybe get him for less if you try this for longer, but after Man City became interested in him I chose to act quickly.

How did you scout and watch him yourself?

On days you don't have to play a match yourself you can choose to attend another match. 

From the fixtures of a competition click on the 'v' and it will change to 'Attend'

I had him on shortlist and bid end of 1st but got the usual £120m etc....got a news feed that Arsenal had bid for him at £50 with add ons! Chanced it and hey presto he will be a Utd player end of the season. He can replace Mata at SS

Um, guys? 

I manage Watford and have a bunch of good forwards, all of them well rounded, (Dolberg, Penaranda, Kean). So I basically played a 4-4-2, with one CF/S and one AF/A.

And then I managed to get this sumbitch for 40m (I'd just won the league and he had one year left on his contract at Juve). So in a team with at least 5-6 Leading strikers I decided to play with a 4-3-3 narrow. 

He scored 32 in 54 and assisted some 20 odd. Now that's a great return but he had a 3 month period where he just missed every single chance and had ratings of lower 6s regularly. Majority of the goals he scored we're against lower end/mid table sides and were penalties or direct free kicks making me suspect that I was using him wrong. 

He seems to be outlandish in game, but for me was almost a flat track bully. 

I basically had

Dolberg(CF/S)   Kean(Af/A)   Dybala(F9)

I'll be going to 4-4-2 next season, but how do I get the most out of him? His only drawback seems to be aerial influence. I figured the best role would be a deeper F9?

Have read that as well about his form. I'm going through that now in his first season with me. After 6-7 months of constant goals he seems to have hit a rough patch. And it's at the worst possible moment (run-in to the CL finals).

Guys, I've had Dybala on a few career games since the game release and I just cannot get him firing like everyone else seems to.

The formations I tend to use involve just one man up front, the rest of the formation can vary - does he need a strike partner to get the best out of him? I've tried a variation of different player types playing behind him (Shadow striker, advanced playmaker etc) but to no avail...He seems to score in short bursts, so he won't score for a while, then he will hit a hatrick, then he will dry up again, so there is no consistency at all. Can anyone advise please?

On 21/07/2017 at 23:36, Meph said:

Guys, I've had Dybala on a few career games since the game release and I just cannot get him firing like everyone else seems to.

The formations I tend to use involve just one man up front, the rest of the formation can vary - does he need a strike partner to get the best out of him? I've tried a variation of different player types playing behind him (Shadow striker, advanced playmaker etc) but to no avail...He seems to score in short bursts, so he won't score for a while, then he will hit a hatrick, then he will dry up again, so there is no consistency at all. Can anyone advise please?

I play him a CF (a/s depending) and basically give him free reign to do whatever the heck he wants, he has both AMR/AML inside forwards for support as well a CM-a rampaging from midfield. I play on Counter mentality as Dybala is deadly at picking out onrushing team mates during fast breaks.