Sports Interactive Community
Kurt Hoo

Mourinho retires in 3 years and Guardiola sacked everytime

1 hour ago, Tiger666 said:

I said he was sacked due to poor league position. The league is loaded and playable.

Right, just making sure it was in the news item. Seems like they have an impatient board. Is the league running on full detail?

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Right, just making sure it was in the news item. Seems like they have an impatient board. Is the league running on full detail?

Yes I'm playing as Spurs.

3 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

He' still in charge at Man U on my save at start of 20/21 season. He keeps coming 2nd in the league to me!

Think you are missing the point

It looks like if someone wants to manage utd and therefore replaces jose he doesn't get a job again and end up retiring in 3 years

1 hour ago, kingrobbo said:

Think you are missing the point

It looks like if someone wants to manage utd and therefore replaces jose he doesn't get a job again and end up retiring in 3 years

There was discussion about how the big managers were doing in people's saves. I realize it's not what the thread is about

ran a few test saves finding if jose if left at Utd he does well

if replaced by human player he remains unemployed and retires looks like a bug he doesnt get another job??

also seeing conte sacked in first season along with pep and klopp usually too

In my 3rd season save with Man City, Conte and Klopp are still there..

Edited by Wells

5 hours ago, Wells said:

In my 3rd season save with Man City, Conte and Klopp are still there..

Definitely not bound to see the sack. From my experience, this can turn a bit into a vicious cycle, and the decision making should be looked at. Which might be difficult, as it's dynamic for each AI. The thing is, those guys have super aggressive traits edited into the data base (Guardiola's d-line bias of 20 I think, etc.). At such settings, they go aggro no matter what. But if they ever go behind in a match, they expose themselves full-stop. If they then hit a slump, this can also lead to an increase in individual player error, which means they are even more exposed for their aggressiveness (no matter what). In seasons where that slump doesn't happen, or where they take the lead mostly either way, they might be flying. However, it can be the opposite too. It can be easy to score goals against them depending on the run of play yourself. That's just super aggressive, the amount of balls from all over the pitch in behind the lines or in between channels, the frequency of them, that's big. Whilst I enjoy that you can punish this yourself, that AI decision making should still be looked at.

If Guardiola hits a low, and I've seen him dropping as low as 14th months into a season, this is perennial FM rage quitter's delight. I wish there was a frustration and crapshot conspiracy thread for AI managers, really. Purely statistically, which is FM's super basic level of Match Of The Day level of stats (groan), we're talking consecutive matches were he concedes 3 goals off 6 attempts against Arsenal, or 4 off 10 against Barcelona, 2 off 5 against United, etc. And there is a pattern here to those goals, and that's really just the goals. In-game AI shouldn't be "perfect". Managers aren't perfect. However for the supposedly "elite" few I wish this was a bit more competitive at the top. Provided you don't engage in crap outright it really takes some to ever sink that low if you take over a team like City yourself. And yeah, on FM 2016.... scoring 50 goals with Bayern, losing 8 matches if the "**** hits", domestically? That was a biggie too already. It took very little experience to outperform this consistently.

On 1/1/2017 at 17:57, Cougar2010 said:

No, I don't any editors & never have.

2007 sounds far too early for genie scout to be doing that but I'm no expert on it.  I've certainly seen threads before confirming that Genie scout couldn't read actual PAs, it only ever estimated them.  If thats changed its perhaps linked to SI releasing the IGE meaning more data was available but thats only a guess.

EDIT

Having searched back time maybe flies or perhaps I've just confused it with something else but there are posts dating back to around 2008/2010 saying that Genie scout can read PA so saying it worked in 2007 is likely correct as well.

I can confirm FM2007 100% had genie scout as I still have it :) I'm pretty sure I have genie scout for FM2006 too.

On 01/01/2017 at 16:47, HUNT3R said:

I do remember a post by Neil Brock fairly recently (in the last year or two) confirming that PA can drop, but only because of rare, very serious injuries.

There was even the news item written into the game to highlight it.

Believe it went something like this "Unfortunately due to the serious nature of the injury, player XXX potential has declined" or something along those lines.

Checking with the official editor will also show it, if people are going to dismiss third party editors. Pretty sure this has been discussed before as you say, and it was confirmed. 

Mourinho won the title both years he's been in charge of United on my save. Guardiola hasn't won anything but he hasn't been sacked either.

Edited by Fer Fuchs Ake

Just adding on to this because I remember reading this ages ago, I'm playing as spurs and mourinho has been sacked on my save as well - poor league position (12th in Feb of season 1) 

klopp also got sacked in December of season 1

On 01/01/2017 at 14:17, Johnleegriffin said:

Im a Liverpool fan and always start the game unemployed and holiday

Now  that's realism for you!