Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
carlowsaint19

Regen Mental Improvements

Hi guys,

Can someone please tell/explain to me how hidden attributes work as in which ones can be improved by tutoring and which ones can be improved due to experience? These are a list of all the hidden attributes and I know how some are improved (i.e via tutoring). 

Adaptability: Presume it increases with experience? 

Ambition: Changed via tutoring.

Consistency: Presume it increases with experience? 

Controversy: Can be changed via tutoring?

Dirtiness: Stays the same from when regen stats are generated?

Important matches: Presume it increases with experience? 

Injury proneness: Stays the same from when regen stats are generated?

Loyalty: Can be changed via tutoring?

Pressure: Presume it increases with experience? 

Professionalism: Changed via tutoring

Sportsmanship: Stays the same from when regen stats are generated?

Temperament: Stays the same from when regen stats are generated?

Versatility: Stays the same from when regen stats are generated?

I'm mostly interested because I have a 17 year player I'm signing from Braga who seems to have the ca & potential to be the best player on my save, but my scouts say he has terrible (red) consistency?

All of the hidden mental attributes can change as a result of tutoring, match experience & random off-field events, also worth nothing that changes can be both positive & negatative.

Tutoring only affects Ambition and Professionalism.

Most of the others improve through age, match experience, man-management and the influence of the squad.

A few don't seem to change - they are fixed personality traits/conditions - adaptability, controversy and injury proneness, I think.

Pretty much all of these can be affected during gameplay, including those such as Injury Proneness (eg. a player's injury proneness has a chance of increasing if they suffer a particularly bad injury or suffer repeated injuries).

Most directly affected by tutoring are Professionalism, Ambition and Determination.

As mentioned by Barside, these changes can be both positive and negative and will see alterations over the course of a player's career for various reasons (eg. playing more matches, at a suitable level, equals an improved Consistency attribute).

Thanks for the responses guys, very helpful. Is there anything definitive about how much the consistency attribute can rise through game time etc? For example is a player has a 10 attribute at 17 and plays 200 games in the next 5 years at a high level would you expect it to increase to 15 (assuming also he has high average ratings etc)?

FM doesn't work that way, there wil be a whole host of variables & random event factors to ensure that it is not a min/max exercise.