Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Jon MUFC

MacBook Pro: The application Sports Interactive has quite unexpectedly - Graphics or 3D issue?

Recommended Posts

Hi all

Playing FM on my mid 2010 MacBook Pro (updated to osSierra recently) and getting intermittent crash dumps after I submit my line up (so just before the match begins to load.) I have 3D enabled.

I've followed the troubleshooting tips online regarding deleting caches etc but it's still happening every now and again (but not always which i find odd)

As it's happening at this stage of the game, I'm presuming it could be a 3D issue? NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB is my graphics card - the matches play fine in 3D when they do play, though, so i'm a bit confused.

I do have a few custom graphics (kits/logos/replacement Inc files for real name fix) enabled but they show up fine throughout the rest of the game (i really don't want to delete these, it'd make it difficult for me to play the game in all honesty!) 

Any advice or shall I just switch to 2D? I've been playing for FM since 2010 on this laptop so I wondered if there have been recent changes to the graphics requirements which could be affecting this version? Also this is the first version I've installed directly through steam rather than disc, could that have anything to do with it?

 

Cheers!

 

Jon

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jon MUFC said:

I do have a few custom graphics (kits/logos/replacement Inc files for real name fix) enabled but they show up fine throughout the rest of the game (i really don't want to delete these, it'd make it difficult for me to play the game in all honesty!) 

Please try this anyway - at the very least you will be able to know whether they are causing a problem and let us know. If not you can always put them back.

3 minutes ago, Jon MUFC said:

I've followed the troubleshooting tips online regarding deleting caches etc but it's still happening every now and again (but not always which i find odd)

To help further, we would need to know when these crashes are occurring to help you better. Describe the issue for each one you have. Is there a pattern? Do they all occur during a match (but not all the time, as you mentioned)? Or only when submitting the lineup? What matches are being played and where (stadium)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Please try this anyway - at the very least you will be able to know whether they are causing a problem and let us know. If not you can always put them back.

 

To help further, we would need to know when these crashes are occurring to help you better. Describe the issue for each one you have. Is there a pattern? Do they all occur during a match (but not all the time, as you mentioned)? Or only when submitting the lineup? What matches are being played and where (stadium)? 

 

Ok I will remove the graphics, but I don't know how to replace the Inc files again, does this matter if it's a graphics issue?

 

I can't see much of a pattern, no. They are all BEFORE a match - so after the line up has been submitted while i'm waiting for the 3D match to load.

I'm managing in the Championship as Nottm Forest. The first time was before Brentford away, the second before Leeds at home. It's not all the time - the majority of matches start fine! Is my graphics card still OK? I changed the rendering to software as I read that this can help, but it has crashed once since!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removed all graphics but still having this issue every now and again. It happens when the "players are warming up" message appears. Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/12/2016 at 11:59, Jon MUFC said:

Removed all graphics but still having this issue every now and again. It happens when the "players are warming up" message appears. Any ideas?

Please post your Mac system specs and we will investigate further. For now, it seems 2D classic would be best to avoid this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×