WARPIGS 41212 Narrow Diamond tested with West Ham

WARPIGS V2 41212 Narrow Diamond

Tested with Lpool and Arsenal using OIs.

!!!!!FM17.2.1KnapWarPigs41212NDV2LPoolp98_03142550-9874-454F-946F-818177BB77F0.fmf

!!!!!FM17.2.1KnapWarPigs41212NDV2LPoolp98_03142550-9874-454F-946F-818177BB77F0.fmf

TW

!!!!!FM17.2.1KnapWarPigs41212NDV2LPoolp98TW_4DFDAEBA-8E1D-4E2C-BFB1-9E7DAFBA45CD.fmf

Arsenal_  Overview.png

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-6.png

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-5.png

The original tactic won the test league with West Ham, however I changed a few roles and won the PL with West Ham.

OIs are being used as below and there is a TW tactic in other thread.

!!!FM17.2KnapWarPigsWHBBMPL_DE45F568-2C6B-4EFB-A440-5BA944357109.fmf

West Ham United_  Overview-2.png

Original tactic

!!!FM17.2KnapWarpigWHP89_701C8346-874D-441F-ABF2-44009B1F7A03.fmf

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-7.png

English Premier Division_ Stats Team Detailed.png

West Ham United_  Overview.png

Tottenham Hotspur_  Opposition Instructions.png

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-8.png

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-9.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think AI David Moyes must have used it as well, I've never seen Sunderland finish so high in season 1 with an AI manager.  9 times out of 10 we get relegated in first season and spend years languishing in the Championship or lower

Im going to give this ago in premiership with Forest after i got them promoted using your paranoid tactic.

During pre-season what do you recommend for training 5 weeks prior to season kicking off team coheason and match tactics as ive 5 new players so that they can get used to the new tactic,then this for start of season ?

Manchester City_  Team.png

Knap 

What does everyone use for training schedule for knaps warpigs pre season and during season or do you tend to leave it to assistant ?<br />

<br />
Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

<br />
What should be general training set to ? <br />
And match preparation ?<br />
Also how far should be the scheduling bar be set to?<br />
And finally what should the focus and intensity be set to in first week two weeks and three weeks.<br />
Any help much appreciated <br />
<br />
Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

One of the best tactics ive used lovely football started from start again on a old save so far so good cheers knap.

Going to use this in my other save with Forest in Premiership think i could challenge for the title tbh its awesome

20170119181420_1.jpg

I don't get any tactic to work on my team this years FM :( 

Knap I always love your tactics, how the team plays etc. but now... perfect football with 20 chances 7 CCC's and losing 2-0 against a team who shot two balls at my gk....  crazy! Keep trying to adapt my players to this one for a season now, hoping for better times

If you can send me a save or let me know the team, then I can have a look at best fit. I did a heat map the other day and even on contain the game was all played in AI half1

2 hours ago, knap said:

If you can send me a save or let me know the team, then I can have a look at best fit. I did a heat map the other day and even on contain the game was all played in AI half1

I play with FC Utrecht in The Netherlands.

Playing with a transfer update from a dutch forum so i got some new players in it, but i keep trying! #DontGiveUp!

edit; check this crazy stuff happening all the time here! Maybe my strikers just suck real hard

Schermafbeelding 2017-01-20 om 16.38.07.png

Knap 

On 1/19/2017 at 18:26, that\'s life said:

One of the best tactics ive used lovely football started from start again on a old save so far so good cheers knap.

Going to use this in my other save with Forest in Premiership think i could challenge for the title tbh its awesome

20170119181420_1.jpg

Knap couple of questions for you,you say you leave training to asst man so what do you do from this situation

20170120211831_1.jpg

Just now, that\'s life said:

Knap 

Knap couple of questions for you,you say you leave training to asst man so what do you do from this situation

20170120211831_1.jpg

Also would like to ask your corner routine in every tactic youv'e made says no -one marking the posts/also from set-pieces/corner always ends up going to the keepers arms have you noticed this ?

I do not buy players based on roles, with West Ham the fwds are not F9s.

I don't read scout reports or take any notice of Ass Man during game.. I have used a few corner set ups and if you check "load" there may be another routine, if not the DG tactics will have a penalty spot set up. However, this set up did get better overall results with West Ham than with other set ups.

Mr.Knap,

I think your actic is currently one of the best tactics and really like to try it in ipad FM.

Could you please post the team and individual instructions, so I could re-creat and test it in FM touch. Thanks in advance.

(or anyone knows how to import it to ipad,pls let me know)

ps. I've tried your tactic with my own intructions and produce quite impressive result offensively with Bournemouth. But Its defence needs some adjustment. Thus I prefer the to try with yours. Thanks again.

10 hours ago, knap said:

I do not buy players based on roles, with West Ham the fwds are not F9s.

I don't read scout reports or take any notice of Ass Man during game.. I have used a few corner set ups and if you check "load" there may be another routine, if not the DG tactics will have a penalty spot set up. However, this set up did get better overall results with West Ham than with other set ups.

Cheers much appreciated 

Not sure what the question was on the scout report.

Can you check on general forum about downloading onto ipad, as will be a lot quicker for you as I use many PIs TIs and set pieces.

For attributes this is something to consider for LL..

FootballManagerAttributes.jpg

This is an extract from Herne79's thread A Complete Club Strategy - covering the pre season and the importance of friendlies. 

Pre-Season

Pre-Season is purely about the following:

- Team Cohesion

- Match Fitness

- Player Morale

- Tactical Familiarity

The first of those is sorted by a specific General Training setting. The next 2 are done through (usually) playing Friendly matches (West Ham in season one are slightly different due to early Europa League qualifying rounds). Tactical Familiarity also requires a specific General Training setting as well as playing matches.

Arranging Friendly Matches

Ideally you will arrange a Home friendly match every 3 or 4 days, against very low quality opposition. If managing a small club, it can also prove financially attractive to arrange a friendly against a large club, however be careful of the fees these clubs command and your expected income. Sometimes you will actually receive a larger profit by playing a friendly against a slightly smaller club as their fees will be lower but you should still attract a large crowd.

Playing Friendlies is the only way to improve player Match Fitness before competitive matches start. There is a bit of a myth that setting General Training to "Fitness" will also help here. It doesn't. Fitness General Training will attempt to develop your players' physical attributes (eg., stamina, strength, pace and so on) and so has absolutely nothing to do with Match Fitness.

The reason to pick low quality opposition for opponents in Friendlies is so that you are pretty much guaranteed a win. Winning matches improves morale, and happy players with good morale at the start of the season can help get you off to a flier.

Team Cohesion

During Pre-Season, General Training should be set to Team Cohesion. The intensity level should be at least Medium - High if you think your players can handle it. Team Cohesion is important at the start of each season to help players blend together well. New faces from either promoted Youth team players and/or transfers can rapidly destroy cohesion, so it's important to get it back up. Players who are unfamiliar with each other won't perform as well on the pitch.

You can check on your squad cohesion by looking at your Assistant Manager's Team Talk Feedback Report. Here is mine at the start of the season:

15zmh39.png

Not very good, so I'll set Team Cohesion in General Training and leave it on that until such time as this report improves (generally 4-6 weeks). I'll have to check it periodically.

Tactical Familiarity

Once you have created (or downloaded) tactics, your players need to learn them. Playing with an unfamiliar tactic isn't the worst thing in the world, but it can certainly help kick start your season.

To maximise the speed at which your team becomes familiar with your tactics, you need to set your Match Preparation in your Training screen to Match Tactics. Note that the more tactics you have set up (maximum three), the longer familiarity will take. You also need to maximise the amount of time your team spend at the training ground practising your tactics. This is done using the Scheduling slider at the top centre of the screen to set "More Match Training".

You should also not allow any rest before or after matches, as this will impact on the amount of time your team spend studying their tactics.

Putting it all Together

33jsgv4.png

This is how West Ham's Pre-Season Training and match schedule looks.

You can see:

- Team Cohesion is being worked on;

- Easy Friendly matches have been arranged;

- Match Preparation is set to tactics (although I haven't actually created any tactics yet);

- Scheduling has been increased to maximise time spent preparing Match Tactics.

This also shows why I mentioned way back at the start of this article why I set the season to start with Germany 26/6/2015, instead of England 1/7/2015. If I had left it until 1/7/2015, I'd be missing out on a few days of training and a Friendly match - I'd be launching straight into my first Europa League qualifying match against Lusitans.

Speaking of this, I'm treating these Europa League matches as additional Friendly matches. I really should be winning these games with some ease, so they take the place of some Friendlies. You'll notice that after the Canterbury match there is a gap - assuming I beat Lusitans, the next round of qualifying will appear here. If I fail to beat Lusitans I can simply arrange a Friendly in this place. And then uninstall the game :brock:.

1 hour ago, knap said:

This is an extract from Herne79's thread A Complete Club Strategy - covering the pre season and the importance of friendlies. 

Pre-Season

Pre-Season is purely about the following:

- Team Cohesion

- Match Fitness

- Player Morale

- Tactical Familiarity

The first of those is sorted by a specific General Training setting. The next 2 are done through (usually) playing Friendly matches (West Ham in season one are slightly different due to early Europa League qualifying rounds). Tactical Familiarity also requires a specific General Training setting as well as playing matches.

Arranging Friendly Matches

Ideally you will arrange a Home friendly match every 3 or 4 days, against very low quality opposition. If managing a small club, it can also prove financially attractive to arrange a friendly against a large club, however be careful of the fees these clubs command and your expected income. Sometimes you will actually receive a larger profit by playing a friendly against a slightly smaller club as their fees will be lower but you should still attract a large crowd.

Playing Friendlies is the only way to improve player Match Fitness before competitive matches start. There is a bit of a myth that setting General Training to "Fitness" will also help here. It doesn't. Fitness General Training will attempt to develop your players' physical attributes (eg., stamina, strength, pace and so on) and so has absolutely nothing to do with Match Fitness.

The reason to pick low quality opposition for opponents in Friendlies is so that you are pretty much guaranteed a win. Winning matches improves morale, and happy players with good morale at the start of the season can help get you off to a flier.

Team Cohesion

During Pre-Season, General Training should be set to Team Cohesion. The intensity level should be at least Medium - High if you think your players can handle it. Team Cohesion is important at the start of each season to help players blend together well. New faces from either promoted Youth team players and/or transfers can rapidly destroy cohesion, so it's important to get it back up. Players who are unfamiliar with each other won't perform as well on the pitch.

You can check on your squad cohesion by looking at your Assistant Manager's Team Talk Feedback Report. Here is mine at the start of the season:

15zmh39.png

Not very good, so I'll set Team Cohesion in General Training and leave it on that until such time as this report improves (generally 4-6 weeks). I'll have to check it periodically.

Tactical Familiarity

Once you have created (or downloaded) tactics, your players need to learn them. Playing with an unfamiliar tactic isn't the worst thing in the world, but it can certainly help kick start your season.

To maximise the speed at which your team becomes familiar with your tactics, you need to set your Match Preparation in your Training screen to Match Tactics. Note that the more tactics you have set up (maximum three), the longer familiarity will take. You also need to maximise the amount of time your team spend at the training ground practising your tactics. This is done using the Scheduling slider at the top centre of the screen to set "More Match Training".

You should also not allow any rest before or after matches, as this will impact on the amount of time your team spend studying their tactics.

Putting it all Together

33jsgv4.png

This is how West Ham's Pre-Season Training and match schedule looks.

You can see:

- Team Cohesion is being worked on;

- Easy Friendly matches have been arranged;

- Match Preparation is set to tactics (although I haven't actually created any tactics yet);

- Scheduling has been increased to maximise time spent preparing Match Tactics.

This also shows why I mentioned way back at the start of this article why I set the season to start with Germany 26/6/2015, instead of England 1/7/2015. If I had left it until 1/7/2015, I'd be missing out on a few days of training and a Friendly match - I'd be launching straight into my first Europa League qualifying match against Lusitans.

Speaking of this, I'm treating these Europa League matches as additional Friendly matches. I really should be winning these games with some ease, so they take the place of some Friendlies. You'll notice that after the Canterbury match there is a gap - assuming I beat Lusitans, the next round of qualifying will appear here. If I fail to beat Lusitans I can simply arrange a Friendly in this place. And then uninstall the game :brock:.

Nice one Knapp just what i needed and others too who asked for training pre season -start of season.

As for my Forest save in premiership not going well defeat after defeat  might quit it 

20170121204426_1.jpg

I am new to FM17 but have played earlier games to death: Using this tactics I very often find myself drawing or losing despite being totally superior with regards to shots and shots on target, for example 18/8 for me vs. 5/3 for opposition, 1-1 draw. Or i even lost recently 5-4 despite having 40/14 shots.

I do not know if it is FM17 or the tactic or my players. Anyone have any pointers?

more examples:

I am Coruna:

Coruna vs Bilbao, 32/15 vs 12/7, lost 2-3

Coruna vs Granada, 22/6 vs 7/5, lost 1-3

Coruna vs Elche, 22/9 vs 6/3, lost 0-3

Coruna vs Malaga, 21/9 vs 9/5, lost 3-4

Baleares vs Coruna, 4/2 vs 17/6, drew 1-1

Coruna vs Valencia, 43/17 vs 6/2, won 2-1 (in 93rd min)

wtf Real San Sebastian vs Coruna, 7/4 vs 26/14, lost 0-2

Did you set up 8-10 easy friendlies preseason, and put tactic in all 3 tactic slots?

Are you doing your own team talks? Set up OIs?

Did you strengthen squad?

Media prediction?

I guess Coruna would be considered an underdog. My best underdog tactic is 343 IWB Wheels of Fire.

39 minutes ago, knap said:

Did you set up 8-10 easy friendlies preseason, and put tactic in all 3 tactic slots?

Are you doing your own team talks? Set up OIs?

Did you strengthen squad?

Media prediction?

I guess Coruna would be considered an underdog. My best underdog tactic is 343 IWB Wheels of Fire.

First of all, I am not complaining about the tactic as I am clearly creating a lot of chances. I am in 2019, La Coruna has had a take over and are kinda rich. I have some good players but not the best in the league. I am do all the things you suggest above.

Maybe i just need better GK and defenders:

Sportiello,

Jedvaj, Arribas, Papadopolous, Dimarco

Lucas Leiva

Leandro Paredes, Bentencur

Muniain

Milik, Depay (retrained)

There are 2 tactics a BBM version and CM version - may be worth trying the other version.

The WBs have to good and these can be changed to support or defend if under pressure.

Hey Knap, been using your tactics for years, to much success. Unfortunately this tactic seems to have gone sour on my after a strong start. 

Playing as second division Mexican club FC Juarez, projected 1st pre-season. Main issue seems to be that I don't have a striker that is comfortable as a Complete Forward. 

Create tons of chances, finished few. I pickup a seemingly unnecessary number of yellows (quite a few suspensions) and opposing teams almost always score their goals as a result of the defensive lack of width (quick cross from out wide to on-running goal scorer)

Any thoughts?

Followed all the usual pre-season/in-season systems, I usually go to much higher tempo & attacking when a need a goal. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 11.03.29 PM.png

10 minutes after I posted that the team won a game and started to go on a run, naturally. Still have absolutely no idea why we had that long streak of draws, only major change was a talented starting GK came back from injury during that period, can't imagine that would be a huge factor. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 3.19.10 PM.png

Archived