Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

I'm having some trouble with borders in this FM

 

last year i've put regional borders in every clubs and selected regional borders in mother competition without any problemas (without diynamic relegation)

 

this year the clubs are jumping from regional division

 

i'm working in portuguese lower division.

 

 

 

EDIT: found the error. The mother competition was in mode edited rules, when changed to overrides rules in code it works.

Edited by TH3 K1LL3R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok. here is the biggest question for you krlenjushka...!

Thx to your help that i did manage a lots of things with regional divisions. I have a working Turkish lower divisions data which is realy populer now. Thx again.

But i need another help with this hidden stages and sorting the teams for next stage and ect... Since two years i am trying to get this work but no result so far. I need a real hand with this thing....

What i want is here:

5. tier (regional division with teams from 4 different cities)

number of teams 11/15

  • top team goes promotion play off
  • last 2 teams are relegated
  • rest of the teams goes to the hidden stage for sorting, so worst of them has to play a relegation playoff with the lower division team coming from same city.

here is an example for my goal; 

 

0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mentese said:

ok. here is the biggest question for you krlenjushka...!

Thx to your help that i did manage a lots of things with regional divisions. I have a working Turkish lower divisions data which is realy populer now. Thx again.

But i need another help with this hidden stages and sorting the teams for next stage and ect... Since two years i am trying to get this work but no result so far. I need a real hand with this thing....

What i want is here:

5. tier (regional division with teams from 4 different cities)

number of teams 11/15

  • top team goes promotion play off
  • last 2 teams are relegated
  • rest of the teams goes to the hidden stage for sorting, so worst of them has to play a relegation playoff with the lower division team coming from same city.

here is an example for my goal; 

 

0.png

I remember - you asked ne about this problem earlier. Im sure this can be done but im not sure how. Will let you know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I remember - you asked ne about this problem earlier. Im sure this can be done but im not sure how. Will let you know...

thx a lot. i just need a working outline.

1-what league fates i need to set for the leagues in stage 0 (for both upper and lower divisions)

2-how i have to get teams in to the stage 1? I know about bottom and top playoffs but there is an issue with giving seedings to those teams cause of the numbers of the teams are variable on 5. tier.

3-i need some details about how to set a hidden stage, so those teams will be sorted as i wish then 2 of them will qualify to the stage 2...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seddings are reversed after 18.2.1 update - now seedings are as should be. 0 seeding is highest...     for my dynamic relegations - seedings must be reversed in order to work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TH3 K1LL3R said:

did you try regional bordaries on youth? regional borders for seniors and youth

i dont understand your question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, anything changed this year? I recreated this yesterday in FM18.3 the same way I did in 17 (where it worked splendidly), but while rules testing I receive random errors about number of promoted and relegated teams not being the same. Also, numbers are different every time: https://i.imgur.com/yPBWfye.png

Sometimes third division test is even sucessful, but then test of the fourth one ends by crashing the editor.

I used reversed seedings as you mentioned above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ceyvol said:

Hi, anything changed this year? I recreated this yesterday in FM18.3 the same way I did in 17 (where it worked splendidly), but while rules testing I receive random errors about number of promoted and relegated teams not being the same. Also, numbers are different every time: https://i.imgur.com/yPBWfye.png

Sometimes third division test is even sucessful, but then test of the fourth one ends by crashing the editor.

I used reversed seedings as you mentioned above.

No nothing changed except seedings. BTW you shoudnt use test - this is very complex system and editor test can be little "confused". Test in game only.

EDIT:  one problem is here after 18.3 patch (like always) - you cant set start year 2018 if you want to test next season without holiday - for some reason season 2017 is not played.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey mate!

First of all congrats for your work! It's simply fantastic, however I'm getting stuck trying to adapt it here in my project so any help would be really handful.

Well, my project is a bit different from yours, instead of 4 divisions (North, South, East, West) it adds up one extra division which would be an equivalent of a Central Division, as here in my country there are 5 regions that splits the country...

The idea of my project is:

3 Top National Divisions

First Division - 20 clubs - 4 relegations

Second Division - 20 clubs - 4 relegations

Third Division - 24 clubs - 5 relegations to regional leagues

Then a 5 regions division and another one with state leagues below it.

And that's where I'm gettin stuck trying to adapt your brilliant setup.

 

Division 4 is splited in 5 regional divisions of 18 clubs

North - 1 promotion spot - 4 relegations

Northeast - 1 promotion spot - 3 relegations

Central - 1 promotion spot - 4 relegation

Southeast - 1 promotion spot - 4 relegations

South - 1 promotion spot - 3 relegations

 

The problem

If all 5 teams relegated from THIRD DIVISION are from a same regional division, what do I have to do???

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vininavarro said:

Hey mate!

First of all congrats for your work! It's simply fantastic, however I'm getting stuck trying to adapt it here in my project so any help would be really handful.

Well, my project is a bit different from yours, instead of 4 divisions (North, South, East, West) it adds up one extra division which would be an equivalent of a Central Division, as here in my country there are 5 regions that splits the country...

The idea of my project is:

3 Top National Divisions

First Division - 20 clubs - 4 relegations

Second Division - 20 clubs - 4 relegations

Third Division - 24 clubs - 5 relegations to regional leagues

Then a 5 regions division and another one with state leagues below it.

And that's where I'm gettin stuck trying to adapt your brilliant setup.

 

Division 4 is splited in 5 regional divisions of 18 clubs

North - 1 promotion spot - 4 relegations

Northeast - 1 promotion spot - 3 relegations

Central - 1 promotion spot - 4 relegation

Southeast - 1 promotion spot - 4 relegations

South - 1 promotion spot - 3 relegations

 

The problem

If all 5 teams relegated from THIRD DIVISION are from a same regional division, what do I have to do???

 

 

every level 4 division will have 5 "relegation zone" teams instead of 4 in my case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly is the problem? The third division is a mixed league so if they relegate then the game will redistribute the teams themselves and you can determine how if you set regional divisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

What exactly is the problem? The third division is a mixed league so if they relegate then the game will redistribute the teams themselves and you can determine how if you set regional divisions.

The problem is if all relegated teams from Third Division are from the same regional division... For example, 5 relegations from Third division are from South Regional Division... The number of teams of regional division is 18, so it would be 18 + 5 relegated... The game relocates the teams automatically

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, vininavarro said:

The problem is if all relegated teams from Third Division are from the same regional division... For example, 5 relegations from Third division are from South Regional Division... The number of teams of regional division is 18, so it would be 18 + 5 relegated... The game relocates the teams automatically

So how would you like to see it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Slabbekoorn said:

So how would you like to see it?

Maximum of 18 teams in those leagues... If 5, 4, 3, 2 teams are from the same regional divisio the number of relegations should change to keep 18 teams in the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, vininavarro said:

Maximum of 18 teams in those leagues... If 5, 4, 3, 2 teams are from the same regional divisio the number of relegations should change to keep 18 teams in the league

So do you want dynamic relegation spots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vininavarro said:

yep

So what is your question? You have my system explained - just adapt for your needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

First or all, great work! I would like to implement this system as well for my Bene Liga, but I am not quite sure if I understand it correctly and if it’s useful for my situation.

I have:

1st division (Ned + bel) = 20 teams (3 relegation simple)

2nd division (Ned + bel) = 20 teams (3 relegation simple)

3rd division (Ned + bel) = 20 teams (3 relegation simple)

4rd division (Ned + bel) = 20 teams (4 relegation) 

5d division regional division of Netherlands and one of Belgium. 

I want two teams promoted from the Netherlands to division 4 and the same for Belgium. But I want to every year relegate the lowest two Belgium and two Netherlands teams relegated to their respective country/region.

It now works without this, but after a few years the Dutch teams relegate to the Belgium division.

Do you know how to make this possible? 

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2018 at 19:42, Wazakii said:

Hi,

First or all, great work! I would like to implement this system as well for my Bene Liga, but I am not quite sure if I understand it correctly and if it’s useful for my situation.

No because this i made for national competitions. Regional division settings are important part of this system. Your Bene league should be set as some kind of continental competition - so you cant set regional divisions.

 

On 27/10/2018 at 19:42, Wazakii said:

Do you know how to make this possible?

Yeah i guess it is but its hard to explain. Also this competition cant be part of regular european system (its like some friendly/winter league) so you need to decide how to set domestic competitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

No because this i made for national competitions. Regional division settings are important part of this system. Your Bene league should be set as some kind of continental competition - so you cant set regional divisions.

 

Yeah i guess it is but its hard to explain. Also this competition cant be part of regular european system (its like some friendly/winter league) so you need to decide how to set domestic competitions.

Thank you for your response! In this instance I just made all the Belgian teams Dutch (Belgium as based nation), so they are incorporated in the Dutch system. 

Unfortunate that it is not possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Romania we have something like:

  • 2nd League: 20 Teams - Bottom 5 teams are relegated
  • 3rd League: 5 Groups with 16 team each: Top team is promoted, bottom 4 teams are relegated + the worst 12th place 
  • 4th League: 42 Divisions: 1 Team qualifies for Promotion Play-offs => 21 Promotion Play-Offs => 21 Promoted Teams

My problem is that I want to control how the 5 Groups from 3rd League sort the teams. After activating the league I noticed that the Regional Division set for each club are not used by the game. After first season, all the relegated and the promoted teams are showing up in the last Group and the remaining teams in 3rd League use the first 4 Groups.

These 5 Groups use some regional criteria to sort the teams IRL. Is there a way to force the regionalised groups in 3rd Division ? Can I force certain teams to show up in certain group based on their city/local region ?

I don't wanna use dynamic number of teams for each group, each group should have 16 teams for ever.

If the FM Editor file helps you, you can find it attached.

FMRo Updates.fmf

Edited by Raulic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi krlenjushka,

with regards to dynamic relegation, I have two questions.

1. I want to try to this out in FM16. Did you have the dynamic relegation working in FM16 or was this a thing you worked in FM17?

 2. Is it necessary to use the secondary divisions?

I am trying to work out the Czechoslovak football system to level 4 with the correct Czechoslovak cup and would like to keep the secondary divisions for the Czech Cup and Slovak Cup instead. Also, when working out the Czech side of the competition, I go from

Level 1: Czechoslovak League

Level 2: Czech league and Slovak League

Level 3: Bohemian League and Moravian League under the Czech league

so I have multiple situations with dynamic relegation.

PS Not even to mention the Soviet system which is also in the works ;)

Edited by Wolf_pd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2018 at 00:28, Raulic said:

For Romania we have something like:

  • 2nd League: 20 Teams - Bottom 5 teams are relegated
  • 3rd League: 5 Groups with 16 team each: Top team is promoted, bottom 4 teams are relegated + the worst 12th place 
  • 4th League: 42 Divisions: 1 Team qualifies for Promotion Play-offs => 21 Promotion Play-Offs => 21 Promoted Teams

My problem is that I want to control how the 5 Groups from 3rd League sort the teams. After activating the league I noticed that the Regional Division set for each club are not used by the game. After first season, all the relegated and the promoted teams are showing up in the last Group and the remaining teams in 3rd League use the first 4 Groups.

These 5 Groups use some regional criteria to sort the teams IRL. Is there a way to force the regionalised groups in 3rd Division ? Can I force certain teams to show up in certain group based on their city/local region ?

I don't wanna use dynamic number of teams for each group, each group should have 16 teams for ever.

If the FM Editor file helps you, you can find it attached.

FMRo Updates.fmf

Yeah just read my instructions. This system can be used in almost every case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2018 at 21:15, Wolf_pd said:

Hi krlenjushka,

with regards to dynamic relegation, I have two questions.

1. I want to try to this out in FM16. Did you have the dynamic relegation working in FM16 or was this a thing you worked in FM17?

 2. Is it necessary to use the secondary divisions?

I am trying to work out the Czechoslovak football system to level 4 with the correct Czechoslovak cup and would like to keep the secondary divisions for the Czech Cup and Slovak Cup instead. Also, when working out the Czech side of the competition, I go from

Level 1: Czechoslovak League

Level 2: Czech league and Slovak League

Level 3: Bohemian League and Moravian League under the Czech league

so I have multiple situations with dynamic relegation.

PS Not even to mention the Soviet system which is also in the works ;)

1. Yeah you can use this in fm16 also. Just make sure your seedings are reversed as i explained in my tutorial. Seedings are fixed on fm18.

2. Yes secondary divisions are only way to sort teams in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good, that means I have to rebuild the cup and put each team in one by one in the cup they belong, but that's doable and it frees up the secondary division slot.

Since there is only one secondary division slot to fill, i will use it in the position it makes most sense, where the Slovak and Czech competition is split at level 2.

Slowly but surely I am starting to understand advanced rules ;) even if i am still in FM16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Good, that means I have to rebuild the cup and put each team in one by one in the cup they belong, but that's doable and it frees up the secondary division slot.

Since there is only one secondary division slot to fill, i will use it in the position it makes most sense, where the Slovak and Czech competition is split at level 2.

Slowly but surely I am starting to understand advanced rules ;) even if i am still in FM16

This is helpfull for county cups also - secondary divisions are used to sort teams as you wish so this can be used in lower level cup competitions. I used this like this in my county cups(all teams from some region without level 1-2 teams)

1. add all teams from division - level 1 - ignore teams

2. add all teams from division - level 2 - ignore teams

3. add all teams from division - specific secondary division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Interesting, this should help with the German regioncups.

Yeah its easy way to set county cup. Of course you will set number of teams in rounds with maximum teams possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi krlenjushka ''the master'' :D

This year i decided to make my crazy Turkish lower league structure,  with using your genius dynamic relegation system.

I have have a question. if i have more teams in the hidden stage, will ''do not add stage if not enough teams'' setting work and look for the other stages with the correct numbers of teams?

I mean what if i will have more teams than the required teams? will stage start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, mentese said:

hi krlenjushka ''the master'' :D

This year i decided to make my crazy Turkish lower league structure,  with using your genius dynamic relegation system.

I have have a question. if i have more teams in the hidden stage, will ''do not add stage if not enough teams'' setting work and look for the other stages with the correct numbers of teams?

I mean what if i will have more teams than the required teams? will stage start?

Thats how we wanted to set your decider stages - if there is no enough teams - stage wont start. I think i have your crazy files with our settings.  TBH i forgot how your system works but we can try again. Nothing is better for me than good editor challenge :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to get the Czech- Slovak split working at the second Czechoslovak level. Too bad I can't replicate this to the levels below, with the secondary divisions slot now being filled. The balanced divisions look a lot better.

Another, somewhat simplified, solution I am looking at, is to keep the regional divisions empty for a few teams. Say the teams from central Slovakia and central Czech Republic can be spread over the lower level divisions. It is a bit crude, but it should work. In the Czech Republic it seems to be the rule for teams from Prague to be spread around anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Managed to get the Czech- Slovak split working at the second Czechoslovak level. Too bad I can't replicate this to the levels below, with the secondary divisions slot now being filled. The balanced divisions look a lot better.

Another, somewhat simplified, solution I am looking at, is to keep the regional divisions empty for a few teams. Say the teams from central Slovakia and central Czech Republic can be spread over the lower level divisions. It is a bit crude, but it should work. In the Czech Republic it seems to be the rule for teams from Prague to be spread around anyway.

Try to add multiple regional divisions - never tried that but maybe this can work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Thats how we wanted to set your decider stages - if there is no enough teams - stage wont start. I think i have your crazy files with our settings.  TBH i forgot how your system works but we can try again. Nothing is better for me than good editor challenge :D

I made a worksheet for the work. I will explain you later. But if you look you will see what i am trying to do.

Simply on 5th tier (regional div. groups), every  city has different numbers of teams. Depends on what position they are in the end of the season, relegation playoff starts with the same cities top teams of 6th tier.

There are 3 different scenarios depends on the how many maximum teams are allowed (1, 2 or 4 teams maximum from a single city) to promote to the 5th tier.

fm 19 çalışma notebook.xlsx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Try to add multiple regional divisions - never tried that but maybe this can work.

Ah, that's an interesting one! That might be exactly what I am looking for. I will test and let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mentese said:

I made a worksheet for the work. I will explain you later. But if you look you will see what i am trying to do.

Simply on 5th tier (regional div. groups), every  city has different numbers of teams. Depends on what position they are in the end of the season, relegation playoff starts with the same cities top teams of 6th tier.

There are 3 different scenarios depends on the how many maximum teams are allowed (1, 2 or 4 teams maximum from a single city) to promote to the 5th tier.

fm 19 çalışma notebook.xlsx

I made a data. now i am going to test it in game. 

I forgot how to start the game in the end of the season.  I create a start date for season period but i can't fing it in game. How is it possible?

pic.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to follow your instructions for my custom regional leagues, but either I mistook some steps or the rules don’t work in my case.

As part of my system, I have one league with 4 regional leagues below. I want the Champions of each regional league to be promoted, replacing 4 teams from the top league, but I want the relegated teams to fall into their appropriate region.

For example:

2 teams from Region A, one from Region B and one from Region D are relegated

1 team from each of Region A, B, C and D are promoted. Typically, one of the Region A teams will fall into the Region C league. I want to avoid this, and for this next season, Region A will have 1 extra team, and C one less.

Is that possible with your rules?

Many thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tommysvr said:

I tried to follow your instructions for my custom regional leagues, but either I mistook some steps or the rules don’t work in my case.

As part of my system, I have one league with 4 regional leagues below. I want the Champions of each regional league to be promoted, replacing 4 teams from the top league, but I want the relegated teams to fall into their appropriate region.

For example:

2 teams from Region A, one from Region B and one from Region D are relegated

1 team from each of Region A, B, C and D are promoted. Typically, one of the Region A teams will fall into the Region C league. I want to avoid this, and for this next season, Region A will have 1 extra team, and C one less.

Is that possible with your rules?

Many thanks in advance!

You dont need my system for this - you can make this in regular way and set minumum/maximum teams - for example minimum 10 /maximum 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

You dont need my system for this - you can make this in regular way and set minumum/maximum teams - for example minimum 10 /maximum 20.

Thanks for the reply. Would it then just be using the region settings to do it? I’ve tried it that way, but the borders seem obscure and confusing. If you could give me a heads up on the correct part of the editor to set that up, I will give it another shot.


Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tommysvr said:

I tried to follow your instructions for my custom regional leagues, but either I mistook some steps or the rules don’t work in my case.

As part of my system, I have one league with 4 regional leagues below. I want the Champions of each regional league to be promoted, replacing 4 teams from the top league, but I want the relegated teams to fall into their appropriate region.

For example:

2 teams from Region A, one from Region B and one from Region D are relegated

1 team from each of Region A, B, C and D are promoted. Typically, one of the Region A teams will fall into the Region C league. I want to avoid this, and for this next season, Region A will have 1 extra team, and C one less.

Is that possible with your rules?

Many thanks in advance!

It's quite easy when you compare with this dynamic relegation system. 

You have to set team's regional divisions for every divisions. Plus you can try to set division's north/south/east/west border cities. You also have to set numbers of minimum & maximum teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2018 at 01:13, krlenjushka said:

No because this i made for national competitions. Regional division settings are important part of this system. Your Bene league should be set as some kind of continental competition - so you cant set regional divisions.

 

Yeah i guess it is but its hard to explain. Also this competition cant be part of regular european system (its like some friendly/winter league) so you need to decide how to set domestic competitions.

So eventually it worked and the dynamic relegation part works and is very nice! 

But I do have a question. If two teams are relegated from Division 1# to Division north instead of 1, this means that level below (division north) 2 teams relegate instead of one, this works! but now the feeder league below (Thus league North #2) promotes two teams instead of one to division North.

So now league has more teams than it should and still doesn't work for me. There is one team too much promoted (because of dynamic relegation division 1# and division North)

League now has to much teams in division North and moves that team to other league (example division 1 West, who had no relegated team from division 1#) and so now not all teams are in correct league anymore...

Is there something wrong that I did in my system? Or am I misunderstanding it? I hope you understand the problem

 

Thank you very much for this awesome system!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2018 at 22:45, krlenjushka said:

Try to add multiple regional divisions - never tried that but maybe this can work.

This works very well indeed!

You end up with the 'hard' split at the point where you want to be absolutely sure that no team ends in the wrong region and you have 'border areas' where a team of a different region can be part of the competition as well. 

At level 1 we have Czechoslovak competition with teams from Czech and Slovak nature

At level 2 we have a Czech competition and a Slovak competition. Between Level 1 and 2 dynamic relegation is used

At level 3 we have (using only Czech side) CFL competition and MSFL competition. CFL is the Bohemian competition and MSFL is the Moravian-Silesian competiton. There is an area where teams have both CFL and MSFL regional divisions set. So a CFL team can end up in MSFL. It took some working out which teams to pick and enough teams to pick, but works now. This is btw not the way it works in the Czech Republic, but we can use dynamic relegation at one level obviously.

The only thing I am looking into now is if teams can relegate back to their proper regions. It happens sometimes, but I don't know whether it is due to set-up or chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 16/12/2016 at 03:04, krlenjushka said:

I decided to share my knowlege about this. Its one of oldest problem on FM. This problem driving me crazy for many years and i finally found solution.

Some basic knowlege about advanced editor is needed here so dont waste your time if you dont know basics.

 

Let me  first introduce you to the problem for people who doesnt know.

Imagine top division (we will call this division #1) with 18 teams. 4 teams from this division are relegated to second division (division #2). Division #2 is divisions with 4 regional divisions (north, east, west ,south)-16 teams each.

In every regional league of division #2 we have 1 promoted team and thats ok - 4 relegated and 4 promoted. In every regional league of division #2 we have 3 relegated teams to their regional lower divisions. 

Eveyrthing seems ok so far because number of relegated and promoted teams is ok and we will get validation in editor.

Problem is happening when relegated teams from division #1 are not equally relegated to their regional divisions. Ideal combination is when we have 1 relegated team from every region and game relegate them to right division. 

When that number is not equall we have problem.

 

For example:

- 2 relegated teams are from north

- 1 relegated team is from east

- 1 relegated team isfrom west

- 0 relegated teams are from south.

In this case (or similar cases) game will move 1 team from north to south regional league just to fill the gap and to get exact number of teams for that division.

In real life this is solved in different way. 

For example- let use north regional division with relegated teams in example from above.

We have 16 teams in league.

1 promoted.

3 relegated-3 promoted from lower divisions

2 relegated from division #1.

Total number of teams is 17 now.

It means one more team need to be relegated for every relegated team from division #1.

-If 1 team is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 3

-If 2 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 4

-If 3 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 5

-If 4 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 6

nowever we can have this situation also:

-If 0 teams is relegated from division #1 then number of relegated teams is 2

 

This means only 2 teams are relegated 100%.  4 teams above these 2 can be relegated and they are in like we like to say "relegation zone".

 

Now i come to the solution.

I made some hidden stages in my file to determine what teams are relegated based on number of relegated teams from higher division.

One of these stages is called "relegation zone" and this stage name can be seen in stage rules page (teams on positions 11-14 are qualified for that stage) just like when we qualify teams for relegation playoff.

I will try to explain every step and i will use screenshots to make easier for you to understand this.

 

First we need to make some changes to database. We need to make 4 (in this case is 4) secondary divisions (just add empty competition, set nation and make it extinct).

We will call them north secondary, east secondary, west secondary and south secondary. Now we will add teams to this secondary division but in section "teams (secondary division).

For all teams from north we will set "north secondary" as secondary divsion. For east = east secondary and so on. You understand this part.

igxFBub.png

We will not add secondary divisions as competitions in system-they are here only to help with sorting teams regionaly.

Now we can make system.

 

Stage 0

Its regular league stage with just some adjustments to relegation settings

 

rF7Mf47.png

 

As you can see number of relegated teams 2. Min 2 max 6.

4 teams are qualified for relegation zone - its stage 1

 

h1CLECd.png

 

Stage 1 - Relegation zone

 

Its league stage with 4-8 teams. 

 

kXrmXGZ.png

 

We will set requirements like this.

-stage 0 of this competion - because we need to use teams from 11 to 14.

- stage 0 of division #1 - because we need to use relegated teams from this competition

 

1dCD2j5.png

 

Under "teams" section we will make main settings.

Using our secondary divsions and "ignore teams" option we will exclude all teams from south, west and east (because we set this for North regional division #2) 

 

2JZpBKH.png

 

After we exlude teams from unwanted regions we will add relegated teams from division #1 but game will add only teams from North (if there is any) because we exluded all other regions.

We will give these teams seeding 4.  (will explain this when i get to league sorting rules)

 

iEo7RHT.png

 

Now we will add teams from our league stage 0- teams qualified to relegation zone and we will use this order:

Seedings go from 3 to 0.

 

4ATOm6y.png

 

League stage settings will be like this:

as you can see we will use "team seeding" as sorting rule.

 

LOmILHN.png

 

With this setting our league table will look like this:

1. relegated team from division #1

2. relegated team from division #1 (we have 2 because 2 teams from North are relegated in our example-remember? )

3. team from position 11

4. team from position 12

5. team from position 13

6.  team from position 14

 

We will add 4 teams to "top playoff" called "decider".

 

6NKAkNN.png

 

and we will set league fate for that 4 "top playoff" teams. 

 

EaAhV8W.png

 

This way top 4 teams will get "no fate" fate in stage 0 and in our case this means:

 

1. relegated team from division #1  nothing happens because fate is only for stage 0 of this competition

2. relegated team from division #1 nothing happens because fate is only for stage 0 of this competition

3. team from position 11  team is safe from relegation

4. team from position 12  team is safe from relegation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    this is imaginary relegation line

5. team from position 13

6.  team from position 14

 

Now we will add stage 2.

 

Stage 2 - Decider

 

Stage 2 is league stage with 2-6 teams.

 

7zEgl4e.png

 

Requirements:

 

9JMHoug.png

 

Teams section:

-teams from position 15 and 16 - those teams are already relegated but we need them to fill number of teams in stage.

 

HZAjpD6.png

 

-qualified teams from stage 1 but we excluded those teams with "ignore teams" option because we dont need them. Those teams are already secure from relegation.

 

KHwRPrR.png

 

-all stage teams - but without first 4 because we excluded them in previous line

 

4vtEODD.png

 

This way we will get only teams bellow our imaginary relegation line.

 

League settings:

 

om3Yexe.png

 

we will qualify top 6 teams (max number of teams) to top playoff (without stage set)

 

Pv2M8Jy.png

 

we will set fate actions for "top playoff" teams

 

b4IoiWG.png

 

this way we will set "relegated" fate for teams on position 13 and 14 (teams bellow our relegation line).

 

 

Mission complete!!!

 

 

 

 

 

This are settings for league with basic relegation and promotion system. We can have promotion/relegation playoffs and this need more complicated system. 

I will explain this in next update.

Hope you understand everything - sorry for possible mistakes- english is not my first language and this will be difficult to explain even on my native serbian language.

 

Cheers :thup:

 

 

THIS WORKS ONLY WHEN LEAGUES ARE ACTIVE AND LOADED IN GAME

Tq, this is a great share and one way to do it.

 

I would like to share another way to do this. You could create a hidden stage to sort the teams in the lower division (use parent competition) by longitude or latitude or even local region.

If you have four regional divisions which are north, south, east, west, in the 1st hidden stage in another competition (maybe a regional cup or create a friendly cup), make it a group stage of 2 and in the group setting, set it like this :-

image.thumb.png.d4c41fc203637ea926cfbbfaa2ce1599.png

By doing this, the teams are sorted to northern region in the 1st group and the southern region in the other.

In the league setting, choose "do not sort" for the sorting rules and choose "don't rank team in this stage" in other league stage flag.

image.thumb.png.1ff177dba19fb0a52db61b7cece2d8ed.pngimage.thumb.png.804f300e70de9905a2cc20c433af10d6.png

Then, add 2 rules in the individual group rules (set the group index 0 and 1 respectively) and in each league setting, qualify all the teams to group a for the 1st group and group b for the second group.

image.thumb.png.ed8a4df5eaedae8232192589d14c37a6.pngimage.thumb.png.9f420918aaa6dcc9280ddad79a835c53.pngimage.thumb.png.1f7e0313d8d5876eab858a8d3060ee0c.png

And then make a 2nd hidden stage, set the requirement to the 1st stage, in the team section, choose "get qualified team from stage" and set it like this and choose sort by longitude like this :-

image.thumb.png.45601e15a9e25f386a186559321135c6.png

In the group setting, set the number of groups to 4 (for 4 regional leagues) :-

image.thumb.png.4b4b7306b4ce8d35ed7a4527340d0ec1.png

This way the teams in from group 1 and 2 are sorted from east to west (if you want to sort form west to east just tick the reverse order in the team section). The league setting is the same as the 1st stage but for the individual group rules, add 4 rules and in each rules qualify the teams to north, east, south, west respectively.

Now in the division competition, set the requirement to the 2nd stage of the competition used for the sorting and in the team section, choose get "qualified team from stage" and set it like this :-

image.thumb.jpeg.cfae3e6787f8bfe491914c93f661e38d.jpeg

 

 

In fact, this method sort the teams to northwest, northeast, southwest, southeast instead of N, E, S, W but it ensures that all divisions have the same number of team.

 

Edited by nabildx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@krlenjushka did you by any chance request for more slots for secondary divisions, to use for regional cups, dynamic relegation and such? Would be quite the addition if we have (say) 8 total secondary divisions. Otherwise I will post it in the SI Suggestions Forum

@nabildx how does your system work precisely, do you select on distance to the respective region? So the team outside the North region, but closest to it is the one relegating to North for instance?

Edited by Wolf_pd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wolf_pdWith my system, the region of the relegated teams is not important, they can be from any region. The sorting is to ensure that these relegated teams and the teams staying in the regional divisions are distributed equally among the divisions according to the longitude and/or latitude. However, the downside is, if for example, there are more relegated teams that are from the northern region, then, there will be more relegated teams in the northern division than the other division. Same goes if there are promoted teams from the lower regional divisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello peoples, this question has to do with dynamic relegation but not how @krlenjushka wants it to happen.

Is it possible to relegate teams from one division but promote no teams from the lower division? When I try it in the editor, it verifies the rules. But once I boot up football manager, it never works. Sometimes the teams aren’t relegated and sometimes the teams are relegated, but lower division teams are promoted. :mad:

Any help?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/09/2019 at 15:00, OspreyJ said:

Hello peoples, this question has to do with dynamic relegation but not how @krlenjushka wants it to happen.

Is it possible to relegate teams from one division but promote no teams from the lower division? When I try it in the editor, it verifies the rules. But once I boot up football manager, it never works. Sometimes the teams aren’t relegated and sometimes the teams are relegated, but lower division teams are promoted. :mad:

Any help?

Thanks

If you relegate teams and promote 0 - this will change number of teams in that level with relegated teams - and this should be set in editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...