Brexit (again)

adj

I'm into my fourth season with Leeds and have just had a work permit turned down for a Norwegian player so I'm guessing that Brexit has happened and its been pretty rough. I never saw anything about this on my news feed though admitedly i go holiday for the international breaks and so may well ahve missed it. My question is: is there any way of finding out about the new rules or how hard the Brexit was? I've searched my news feed for 'brexit' but am unable to find any messages therein.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, adj said:

I'm into my fourth season with Leeds and have just had a work permit turned down for a Norwegian player so I'm guessing that Brexit has happened and its been pretty rough. I never saw anything about this on my news feed though admitedly i go holiday for the international breaks and so may well ahve missed it. My question is: is there any wat of finding out about the new rules or how hard the Brexit was? I've searched my news feed for 'brexit' but am unable to find any messages therein.

Thanks

Rules page for the league you are in.

11 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Rules page for the league you are in.

thanks but the rules are the same as they were at the start of the save but there's not details given of countries you need one for

10 minutes ago, adj said:

thanks but the rules are the same as they were at the start of the save but there's not details given of countries you need one for

Really? I thought they altered.

That said if GB has left you'll need a WP for every country bar perhaps the home nations (Wales, N. Ireland, Scotland), potentially you may need WPs for Scottish players as well if they have stayed in the EU.

4 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Isn't it the case that it can take up to 10 years for a decision on Brexit to be made? Maybe it hasn't happened yet and the Norwegian was turned down on other grounds.

Norway is included in the Freedom of Labor

If searching "Great Britain" didn't turn anything up, you probably also had Scottish independence. Search for "Scotland."

Aloso the only rules i can see are in relation to appeals. The reason given for him not getting a permit was that Norway aren't ranked high enough but can't see anyhting in the rules about the country's world ranking affecting the descicion

On 12/15/2016 at 15:26, suncrush said:

Norway is included in the Freedom of Labor

If searching "Great Britain" didn't turn anything up, you probably also had Scottish independence. Search for "Scotland."

Did not know Brexit could also trigger Scottish independence in game, been saying for years we should rebuild Hadrian's wall and the Scots beat us to it lol.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, 11Clarkie11 said:

What is the hardest Brexit anyone has seen out of interest? 

UK leaves the EU, Scotland and Northern Ireland become independent, and England/Wales institute a 3 max foreign players rule. I believe that's the most vicious Brexit possible.

1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

UK leaves the EU, Scotland and Northern Ireland become independent, and England/Wales institute a 3 max foreign players rule. I believe that's the most vicious Brexit possible.

Sounds like a good challenge. Thought mine was tough with 13 foreigner max squad limit. 

On 12/27/2016 at 13:16, JordanMillward_1 said:

What kind of time frame do you get in these scenarios? Is it grandfathered in and gives you a season or two to comply or is it immediate? I bet the transfer market is wild following these announcements...

Mine happened in 2020. Was immediate but the softest scenario so nothing changed.

The only thing that was affected was that I couldn't offer pre contracts (probably due to it being EU law) before it kicked in. Would've been helpful if the game told you this.

Archived