Sports Interactive Community
TheEarl

FM-17 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

Makov's challenge 2017 season

תוצאת תמונה עבור מכבי אחי נצרת סמל

Schedule: I was in charge for the last 13 games of the season, I faired pretty well, the highlight has to be the 6-0 battering of our local rivals Nazareth-Illit. Some disappointing results vs Hapoel Acre and Maccabi Herzliya Which cost us more than I wanted. 

League: Ahh, so close, it was frustrating smashing Acre when it didn't matter.

Star Player: He was a stellar performer and was the force in our attack.

Star intake player: He looks like he could be pretty decent' but I am still not sure about him although with that determination :eek: 

Next season objectives: win promotion, this side is good enough

1 point can be so cruel @makovn, but I am confident as you say that you can achieve promotion next season ;)

40 minutes ago, HawkAussie said:

Will it count if I do this on a different version say FM15 for example.

@HawkAussie when I named this FM17 Giant 70 Challenge, it was not to stop people from playing this challenge on other versions of FM. So may it be FM15, 16 or the coming 18 its all fine.

But I don't know if @claassen update existed back then? Maybe you can tell me. If there is another persons league update, please let me know which update it is, and I will look into it... 

The question is rather if you can manage to find enough leagues on the different continents to play this challenge, if you can't find it for the version you want, I can't really see the point in taking part, although would love to have you around here.

My next update is not that far away also, I will have to make a 1,5 season update due to competitions crossing seasons. Going to be some interesting travels here, so wait for it....

6 hours ago, TheEarl said:

@HawkAussie when I named this FM17 Giant 70 Challenge, it was not to stop people from playing this challenge on other versions of FM. So may it be FM15, 16 or the coming 18 its all fine.

But I don't know if @claassen update existed back then? Maybe you can tell me. If there is another persons league update, please let me know which update it is, and I will look into it... 

The question is rather if you can manage to find enough leagues on the different continents to play this challenge, if you can't find it for the version you want, I can't really see the point in taking part, although would love to have you around here.

classen did create a league megapack since 2014 (off the top of my head). I know he did in 2015 as I am playing that right now but I could easily merge my Hexagon Challenge from that onto here as it is in 2024 and I have been to four countries on the list.

3 minutes ago, HawkAussie said:

classen did create a league megapack since 2014 (off the top of my head). I know he did in 2015 as I am playing that right now but I could easily merge my Hexagon Challenge from that onto here as it is in 2024 and I have been to four countries on the list.

Nice, I didnt know that. Then you are in for sure.

Dont need to write season by season, unless you want to. (We would love to read season by season ofcourse) But at least tell us how you started, what competitions you have won by which club/countries and I will put in the according place in the Leaderboards...

Akhi Nazareth

תוצאת תמונה עבור מכבי אחי נצרת סמל

Schedule Part 1Schedule Part 2Transfers

League: That was a close one, with two games to go we were third on goal difference but both first and second place lost and a point against second was enough to guarantee the league on goal difference. we started the Season poorly and I was afraid for my position in the club, but we got our focus back and the rest of the season was pretty steady and solid.

Cups: We were awful in Toto cup with that crazy 6-5 loss to the side that finished bottom in our league, in the state cup we were solid, nothing more.

Next Season: the board didn't agree to sign any scouts so I can't reinforce my team, so I moved on to a different team in the Israeli Premier league where I would like us to finish in mid table or the higher playoff

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.    | Cont. achievements   | Trophies won   |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17  | Akhi Nazareth | 3rd        | No | No | None   |
2017/18  | Akhi Nazareth | 1st        | No | No | None   | Israeli National league (promotion & title)

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
----------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | No  | No | No | No |

TROPHIES WON

0/25 League Titles
0/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophi

On 9/14/2017 at 05:48, TheEarl said:

1 point can be so cruel @makovn, but I am confident as you say that you can achieve promotion next season ;)

it was pretty frustrating but at least I didn't matter on the result in the last game and now we have achieved promotion it is all forgotten

I've just finished a season and moved onto a new club AND national team! More on that soon though ;)

Edited by oohlala111

Waitakere United
Waitakere-United.png
Schedule • Transfers • Squad View • Manager Profile

*ASB Premiership

25rwnvS.png

YS5nkpx.png

Am satisfied overall, we were supposed to be a mid table team. Great run in league, but then in the final few mistakes and boom! Early red card ('37) from Lausev and we couldnt do much with 10 players.  Refree with a 5.1 rating didnt help either.. I beat Auckland City in league easily 3:0 in both matches, they are better team on paper but .. I definitly want to stay for another season, we have a good team. Problem are financies 450K+ also we cant offer big enough wage for german DR Thelen, he's our best defender by far .. Good thing is we have some great prospects, like Jared WalkerMichael Hall and most recent Elagkoven Abdullah but we're about to lose 3 of 4 coaches due to bad financial status. Limit is just (1) ..

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.    | Cont. achievements   | Trophies won            | Nation       |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17  | AS Dragon        | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | N/A (didn't qualify) | League Title/SuperCup   | Tahiti       |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18  | Waitakere United | 1st        | Yes (finalist)       | N/A (didn't qualify) | Lost in playoff final   | New Zaeland  |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team                       | Tourn. qual    | World ranking (end of season) | Trophies won    |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | N/A                        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team)                 | N/A (no team)   |
2017/18 | N/A                        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team)                 | N/A (no team)   |

TROPHIES WON

1/3 Oceania (Tahiti) 
0/3 Africa 
0/3 Asia 
0/3 N-America 
0/3 S-America 
0/3 Europe

0/7 Other leagues 

0/25 Domestic Cups 

0/3 Worldwide International Trophies    
Edited by lvzifer

20170916111033_1.thumb.jpg.97993cf3dba8f94c13ace1b06100884e.jpg

Just won my first trophy :D and I got my first international job with the Ivory Coast

Edited by makovn

Update time!!

AL-AHLI (UAE) 2025-26!!

Pro League: WINNERS!

President's Cup: WINNERS!

Emirates Cup: Runners-up

Asian Champions League: WINNERS!

Club World Championship: Runners-up

A great season overall, with an Asian Champions League and a Pro League title to my name as well as the President's Cup!! However, at the end of the 2025-26 season, I resigned from my job at Al-Ahli to seek a new job elsewhere. In the end, I returned to a league I had managed in previously in the shape of Morocco's Botola 1- however, instead of Wydad Casablanca, I took charge of FUS Rabat. I am still playing the 2026-27 season so no updates there yet :p 

Onto the international side of things!

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES 2025-26!!

World Cup 2026 Asian Qualifiers: QUALIFIED

Gulf Cup of Nations: WINNERS!

======================================

WORLD CUP 2026 SPECIAL

This year's World Cup was held in sunny Mexico, and we were excited to be participating in our second consecutive World Cup campaign. In December, we learned our group, and the draw certainly wasn't kind to us...

GROUP A

Mexico

Portugal

U.A.E

Congo

I was fairly confident of picking up 3 points against Congo, but Mexico were the hosts and Portugal had previously defeated us in the World Cup 2022 Round of 16. Eventually, the tournament came around, with our first game being against host nation Mexico on a Friday night...

FIRST GROUP GAME

Spoiler

Mexico 2 (Siergiejuk 53', Cristaldo 81')

U.A.E 2 (Mohammed 35', Saleh 92')

A great result against Mexico! They equalised early in the 2nd half after we took the lead, and it looked like Cristaldo's 81st minute goal for the hosts would win it for them before Saleh popped up to win us a point.

After the Mexico match, we face surely the weakest side in the group, Congo. We need to beat the Africans to have any chance of qualifying from our group, can we do it?

Spoiler

U.A.E 4 (Saleh 2', Mohammed 9', Ali 68', Al-Dhanhani 86' Abbas Red 59')

Congo 1 (Tchibota 25')

A dominant win puts us in a great position going into our match versus Portugal! We raced into a 2 goal lead inside the first 10 minutes before they pulled 1 back to be trailing 2-1 at HT. Abbas' red card made me a little nervous, but two second half goals finished off the match and ended in a resounding win for us. Bring on Portugal!!

In our final group stage match, we take on group leaders Portugal. We have to get at least a draw to qualify, assuming Mexico will beat bottom of the table Congo. Can we get revenge on Portugal for our Round of 16 exit in the last World Cup?!

Spoiler

U.A.E 2 (Mohammed 37', Saleh 55')

Portugal 3 (Guedes 12' 66', Silva 82')

We suffer defeat at the hands of Portugal for the 2nd time in a row- surely that ends our hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages? We would need Congo to do us a MASSIVE favour- can they do it?

Spoiler

Mexico 0

Congo 0

YES THEY COULD! Congo hold Mexico to a goalless draw, which sees both teams eliminated with us and Portugal qualifying for the knockout stages. Woo hoo!!

After securing qualification for the knockout stages, our euphoria ended suddenly as we discovered our opponents in the round of 16- none other than 5 time World Cup champions Brazil.... We would need an absolute miracle to beat such a strong side, and so we went into the match with little hope or confidence. 

From now on, I'll just use 'if applicable' spoilers to increase the suspense ;) 

Round of 16

Spoiler

Brazil 1 (Leonel 42')

U.A.E 2 (A. Ali 11',  M. Ali 86')

What. A. Result. Brazil are completely stunned as we grab a late winner, knocking them out and sending us into the quarter-finals! We draw Serbia in the quarter-finals- we beat them 4-0 in the World Cup 2022 Group Stages, can we repeat our success and somehow reach the semis?

Quarter-Finals (if applicable)

Spoiler

U.A.E 3 (Ali 18' 44', Mohammed 76')

Serbia 2 (Mes 5', Stevanovic 51')

SEMI-FINALS HERE WE COME! We recover well after Serbia take an early lead as we go 2-1 in front just before half time. They grabb an equaliser shortly after kickoff but Mohammed's goal 15 minutes from time secures a shock semi-final place, where we face France. Surely our run has to end soon?

Semi-Finals (if applicable)

Spoiler

France 1 (Sans 74')

U.A.E 

We put up a fight, but we are ultimately beaten by a France side that dominated for large spells throughout the match. It looked like we might be able to take the game to extra time but that goal with 16 minutes to play saw us off. However, we did have Italy in the match for third place...

Third Place Playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

U.A.E 0

Italy 3 (Gatti 45+2' 51', Carrain 89')

Italy comfortably dispatch us with a first half injury time goal followed by two second half strikes. We only had 3 shots to their 20 as they dominated, and they could have easily scored more if it wasn't for our resolute defending. I wasn't too disheartened after this loss, however, as 4th place at the World Cup is definitely something to shout about!!

World Cup Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Spain 1-0 France

So, Spain lift the World Cup trophy after a very successful campaign. Our fourth place is surely the fairytale story of the tournament however, as we were only really expected to be eliminated in the group stages.

Shortly after the tournament, I resigned as manager of the U.A.E. after 7 long years in charge, and I applied for a few jobs that freed up after the World Cup. Serbia, Cameroon, Australia, Mexico, USA and Uruguay all wanted me, and I had to systematically eliminate them one by one until one remained. In the end, the winner was Uruguay, and I became their manager on a measly £1.5k per week. Our Copa America campaign begins in 2027, so hopefully we can pick up another trophy on the list there ;) 

Sorry for the long update and thanks for reading!

5/25 League Titles (Solomon Islands x2; New Zealand x2, Hong Kong x1, Morocco x2, U.A.E x1)
3/25 Domestic Cups (Hong Kong x1, Morocco x1, U.A.E x1)
2/9 Continental Club Trophies (O-League x2, Asian Champions League x1)

TOTAL TROPHIES WON: 10/70

Edited by oohlala111

Great progress @oohlala111 and congrats on being the first to pass 10 trophies in this challenge.

My update will also be a long one, sorry in advance. For the fun of it, my team is Al-Ahly :p lol

The Earls Giant Quest

2021 until 2023 (July) update

So finally I found the time for an update myself. Sorry for taking so long, and sorry for this being a long update.

I left FC Sion as Europe at this time always was a temporary stop, I want to finish some of the other continents before I move there and I need a higher reputation to find some successful teams in Europe. (Though I won the double with Sion.) So it was really great to find Al-Ahly (EGY) available. They sacked their manager because they could only finish 4th in the league and got knocked out early in both Egyptian Cup and African Champions League. 4th meant they would take part in African Confederations Cup, that suited me perfectly as its part of the mandatory trophies to this challenge.

But first remember I was manager of South Africa. The task there was CHAN another mandatory trophy of this challenge, having won the competition last time, and the South African league being the strongest in Africa we where favorites to do it again.

CHAN 2022

Group stage

South Africa - Ivory Coast 3-0 (Jacobs, J.Baloyi 2)

South Africa - Uganda 3-2 (L.Baloyi, Twala, Sandowns)

South Africa - Congo 3-0 (Nel, Morris, Mdabuka)

Easy group stage, last two games I rotated the squad, to keep players fresh. I thought at the time that a quarter final against Sudan would be an easy match.

Quarter Final

South Africa - Sudan 0-1 

An early goal, and we could never bounce back. A really disappointing match.

I though about leaving South Africa after this, but decided to give it a chance at ACON if they would keep me. It proved the board was really unhappy, but I was given the benefit of the doubt.

Al-Ahly 2021/22

Managed to do a few nice signings before the season, including bringing Alexanders Valvis and Joseph Owusu from Sion to Al-Ahly. They already had striker Jean Keita to fill up the 3 foreign players allowed. I also signed a promising defender from Egypt names Sayed Sayed.

Etisalat Egyptian Premier League:

We fought most of the season with Zamalek, the other strong club from Egypt. For a long time it seems like a dead horse race, but in the end Zamalek couldn't keep up with our consistency. We won the league with 7 points clear.

League table:

Al-Ahly - 34 - 26 - 5 - 3 - 94-21 - 83

Zamalek - 34 - 23 - 7- 4 - 64-20 - 76

Egypt Cup:

The cup didn't start until March, and we where handed PL team El Gouna at home in the second round. A smashing 5-1 victory put us into the Eight Final away to PL team El Masry. One of the few teams who beat us in the league, but not this time as we won 2-0. Quarter Final away to El Mansoura was an easy task to win 4-0. Once you get to the Semi Final you are actually in the next season, we played Petrojet in a neutral venue and smashed on 5-1. Final was against another of those tough clubs Wadi Degla, only a 1-0 win but again The Double winners, this time in Egypt.

African Confederations Cup:

This is much like Europa League in Africa. Since Egypt plays a different calendar than most of Africa, the biggest obstacle is player registration. You can have a lot of foreigners, and some clubs do, but its difficult to manage happiness. I tried to sign more foreigners late in the season, only to find out it was too late to registrer them for the competition.

AC Leopards was our opponents in the Preliminary Round, 5-1 aggregate score, and easily to the First Round. Club Africain was an opponent I feared, and rightly so. We won 2-1 away, but had to cling on to a 2-2 draw at home for a 4-3 aggregate score.

Second Round against Etoile Filante was an easy 7-0 aggregate win. And Enugu Rangers in the Third Round 6-1 was just as easy.

Group Stage and we started really well with 3-0 at home to Bidvest Wits, and 1-0 away to Stade d'Abidjan. Thats when we lost 0-1 to AFAD Djekanou. We rocked for the remainder of the group though winning all the last 3 games including 6-2 against Stade d'Abidjan.

Semi Final against Wadi Degla from Egypt, 4-1 win away, and 2-0 at home and easily into the Final. There we got Stade d'Abidjan again, really a team that hated playing us. We only managed 3-3 away this time, the first time we didn't beat them. A smashing 5-0 win in the end at home, secured our third trophy. 

This meant I have finished all mandatory club assignments in Africa, by this time we where well into the 2022/23 season, topping the league, but I left immediately as there where no more business to do at Al-Ahly.

ACON

Back with South Africa we qualified easily for ACON top of our group. Got handed a draw in ACON with favorites Ivory Coast, Senegal (who came second in our qualifying group) and Sudan (revenge here??)

Group Stage:

South Africa - Ivory Coast 2-4 (Zungu, Diamini)

South Africa - Sudan 5-1 (Zungu, Norodien, Tau, Seethal 2)

South Africa - Senegal 4-4 (Zungu, Seethal, Motupa, own goal)

We only needed a draw in our final game, and was 2-1, 3-2 and 4-3 up so always felt comfortable.

Quarter Final:

South Africa - Algerie 3-2 (Seethal, Gordinho, Zungu)

3-0 up after 15 minutes or so, this was an easy game.

Semi Final:

South Africa - Morocco 5-1 (Twala, Diamini 2, Seethal, own goal)

Another easy game, could we actually win this??

Final:

South Africa - Ivory Coast 0-3

We suffered from injuries and suspensions, but I can only honestly admit we would never have won this.

Club football at Q.P.R. 2022/23

When I left Al-Ahly (EGY) there where not a lot of clubs to choose from, and I ended up with QPR in English Championships. I can only mention that Brexit has hit English football hard, and signing foreigners to Championship is almost impossible. That said I managed to bring in Alexanders Valvis from Al-Ahly. This was not enough though, I took over in 20th position with 25 games to play. Got as high as 9th before loosing the final 2 games and ending in 11th. I then resigned from both QPR and South Africa. Had a brief spell at Australia winning a friendly, but resigned there as well as I learned next Asia Cup is in 4 years. 

Going forward

Again I have taken a difficult task, this time in MLS with New York City FC taking over rock bottom in 22nd, as for International jobs I will try to find a U23 side for the 2024 Olympics.

CAREER OVERVIEW

Season by season stats (club):

2016-2017 ASEC Mimosas - Ligue 1 (Ivory Coast) - Winners - Won League Cup - Won FA Cup 

2018 Hearts of Oak - Premier Division - Winners - Won FA Cup

2019 Hearts of Oak - Premier Division - Winners - Won FA Cup - Won African Champions League - Won Super Cup

2019/20 FC Sion - Raffeisen Super League - 2nd in the league - Already knocked out of Schweizer Cup when I took over.

2020/21 FC Sion - Raiffeisen Super League - Winners - Won Schweizer Cup - 1st KO round of Europa League 

2021/22 Al-Ahly (EGY) - Etisalat Egyptian Premier League - Winners - Won Egypt Cup - Won African Confederations Cup

2022/23 Q.P.R. - English Championships - 11th (up from 20th) - FA Cup 4th round loss against West Ham

Season by season stats (international):

2022 - South Africa - CHAN loosing in Quarter Finals to Sudan

2023 - South Africa - ACON loosing in Final to Ivory Coast

Total landmarks:

11/70

Specific landmarks:

4/25 domestic league titles (3/3 for African continent and 1/3 for European continent) - 2016/17 (Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas) - 2018 and 2019 (Ghana with Hearts of Oak) - 2020/21 (Switzerland with FC Sion) - 2021/22 (Egypt with Al-Ahly (EGY)

5/25 domestic cup titles (4 different countries) - 2017 FA Cup (Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas) - 2017 League Cup (Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas) - 2018 and 2019 National Cup (Ghana with Hearts of Oak) - 2020/21 Schweizer Cup (Switzerland with FC Sion) - (2021/22 Egypt Cup (Egypt with Al-Ahly (EGY)

2/9 continental titles - 2019 African Champions League (with Hearts of Oak) 2022 African Confederations Cup (with Al-Ahly (EGY)

Total matches played:

336 matches - 253 wins - 46 draws - 37 losses - 872 goals scored - 304 goals conceded - 74% win percentage

Overall top goalscorer:

Jean Keita (Ivory Coast) - 63 goals

Best XI

Goalkeeper: Anton Miteryushkin (Russia) - FC Sion - 65 games - 6,98 Av.rat - 7,25 EHoF points

Right back: Nicolas Lüchinger (Switzerland) - FC Sion - 61 games - 1 goal - 2 assists - 7,17 Av.rat - 8,07 EHoF points

Centre back: Sayed Sayed (Egypt) - Al-Ahly (EGY) - 63 games - 3 goals - 4 assists - 7,52 Av.rat - 7,04 EHoF points

Centre back: Johan Conde (Colombia) - FC Sion - 47 games - 2 goals - 1 assists - 7,39 Av.rat - 6,76 EHoF points

Left back: Mohamed Samir (Egypt) - Al-Ahly (EGY) - 48 games - 1 goal - 8 assists - 7,52 Av.rat - 6,12 EHoF points

Central midfielder: Saleh Gomaa (Egypt) - Al-Ahly (EGY) - 63 games - 14 goals - 17 assists - 7,61 Av.rat - 10,92 EHoF points

Central midfielder: Rami Rabia (Egypt) - Al-Ahly (EGY) - 61 games - 16 goals - 12 assists - 7,45 Av.rat - 10,64 EHoF points

Central midfielder: John McGinn (Scotland) - FC Sion - 39 games - 11 goals - 10 assists - 7,43 Av.rat - 9,96 EHoF points

Right Winger: Antonini Culina (Croatia) - FC Sion - 53 games - 15 goals - 18 assists - 7,11 Av.rat - 13,12 EHoF points

Left Winger: Alexandros Valvis (Australia) - FC Sion, Al-Ahly (EGY), QPR - 107 games - 27 goals - 39 assists - 7,34 Av.rat - 20,20 EHoF points

Striker: Jean Keita (Ivory Coast) - Al-Ahly (EGY) - 63 games - 63 goals - 8 assists - 7,64 Av.rat - 20,71 EHoF points

Manager reputation and badges:

60% reputation - Continental Pro License

Spoken languages:

Fluent: Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, English, German and French, Basic: Arabic

Season 2018/19 Review

k9LTHcU.png
Table | Manager Profile | Fixtures | Squad | Transfers | Finances

*ASB Premiership: WE WON IT ALL This year we came prepared, no more "Auckland City" domination. I switched to 4312 instead of 442 and it worked really well. We beat everyone of them over and over again. League won without a single defeat, semi final with Auckland this year, more less easy game 4:2 in the end. Final was almost boring, 2 goals in early 10 mins + one in 90' and thats it .. This kid is a true gem Elagkoven Abdullah :brock: I'll probably resign in the end of the season, since there's not much to do here. Am thinking maybe one more title from Oceanian leagues before moving forward. Most def Solomon Islands.

Q3AzYkP.png

*New Zealand Charity Cup:  Win vs Auckland 2:1

*O-League: Not much to say, we were confident all along. Big wins against Western Utd 6:0 in 1/2, and Auckland in Final.

CsTCg6z.png

*International:

First international job, Sierra Leone, they were 154th in World ranking. Tough group for  CAN  (Ivory Coast, Zimbabwe and South Sudan). Close, but not close enough, Ivory Coast  was way to strong for us (even though we managed to beat them in last game) after failing to qualify for CAN tournament I resign leaving them on 62nd place in Fifa World Ranking

rqpmI4G.png

vabQWjw.png

I recently took over New Zealand 23 for upcoming Pacific Games

*Career Progress

*Club

Year		Club			Country		 League position	Achievements 
2016/17		AS Dragon		Tahiti           1st                    League title, SuperCup
2017/18         Waitakere United        New Zealand      1st                    Lost in final playoffs
2018/19         Waitakere United        New Zealand      1st                    League title, O-League, Charity Cup

*International

Year		Country			Ranking		Achievements & Notes
2018		Sierra Leone            154>62nd        2nd place in CAN Qualification Group
2019            New Zealand U23

*Challenge Progress

Club

2/3 Oceania  –  Tahiti 2017 (AS Dragon), New Zealand 2019 (Waitakere United)
0/3 Africa   –
0/3 Asia   –
0/3 N-America   –
0/3 S-America   –
0/3 Europe   –

0/7 Other Leagues   –

0/25  Domestic Cups   – 
1/9 Continental Club Trophies   –  Oceania 2019 (Waitakere United)
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies  –

International 

0/7 Continental International Trophies   –
0/3 Worldwide  International Trophies   –

Edited by lvzifer

Great work @lvzifer that striker looks truly a gem, is it possible to bring him on to another club? Maybe only if you move to a higher rep. club, but that would have to be outside Ocenia I guess.

I also like to wrap up a continent, but wont that be a step back for you?

Whats your manager rep. at the moment?

Leaderboards to be updated very shortly.

@TheEarl Thanks, my rep is still Nominal. I'll definitely try to bring him with me in a new club, few other interesting youngsters aswell. Idk I have Australia league loaded, but I cant get a job down there. Very strange, could be my low adaptability :idiot:. I'll load few more leagues to relocate somewhere, because I cant even get my licence here since club finances are always in red ..

1 hour ago, HawkAussie said:

I will probably use the FM17 as CHAN isn't in the FM15 pack.

OK, thanks for letting us know. I guess that competition is quite new yes.

About to create my Ulitmate Save with these nations loaded.

Argentina, Bahamas, Bhutan, Brazil (VO), Costa Rica, Croatia, Djibouti, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, England (VO), Estonia, Fiji, France (VO), Germany (VO), Holland, Italy (VO), Jamaica, Kenya, Kosovo, Laos, Luxembourg, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Pierto Rico, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, Sudan, Tahiti, USA, Uganda and Uruguay.

Just now, HawkAussie said:

About to create my Ulitmate Save with these nations loaded.

Argentina, Bahamas, Bhutan, Brazil (VO), Costa Rica, Croatia, Djibouti, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, England (VO), Estonia, Fiji, France (VO), Germany (VO), Holland, Italy (VO), Jamaica, Kenya, Kosovo, Laos, Luxembourg, Mexico, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Pierto Rico, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, Sudan, Tahiti, USA, Uganda and Uruguay.

Nice choice of nations/leagues. Excited to see where you end up. Please give a short notice of your first club if possible ;)

Not going to do a season report here, just a quick update.

I took over New York City FC, rock bottom 22nd in MLS and thus 11th in Eastern Conference. Managed to bring them up to 15th in Supporters Shield, and 7th in Eastern Conference for the 2023 season. Was 1 point behind Chicago Fire for a spot in the MLS playoffs. A bit cruel with that 1 point, but I am hopeful for the next season as we did really well under my management.

A bit of a potential bug though:

I had a player on loan from Man.City our affiliate, after the season I got the chance to resign him. I really wanted it as he is by far the best right back in my squad. The deal was approved but then I was prompted to do squad registration. The registration is not open yet, so it seemed impossible to advance the game. I couldn't stop the transfer after I confirmed it either. 

The solution: Go on holiday for 1 day, even got to keep the player.

Posting this in the possible bug post on the first page as well.

So I have applied for clubs in my save and my first club has been chosen

Image result for Guelleh Batal

Not much is known as I did check about on Wikipedia and this was the only thing that came up.

Guelleh Batal de la Garde Républicaine, more commonly known as Garde Républicaine FC or simply Garde, is a Djiboutian football club located in Djibouti (city), Djibouti. It currently plays in the Djibouti Premier League.

So I might think I am in an area where not much is known.

Hey @TheEarl could you update the leaderboard to reflect my change of teams? I'm now at FUS Rabat, and managing the Uruguay National Team :) Thanks :D:D 

42 minutes ago, oohlala111 said:

Hey @TheEarl could you update the leaderboard to reflect my change of teams? I'm now at FUS Rabat, and managing the Uruguay National Team :) Thanks :D:D 

Will do it after your next update @oohlala111 as it always reflects the last completed season ;)

Ok ;) I'm at Boxing Day 2026 already, and I should have this season wrapped up by the end of the week :D 

2 minutes ago, oohlala111 said:

Ok ;) I'm at Boxing Day 2026 already, and I should have this season wrapped up by the end of the week :D 

Nice I am into 2024 in MLS after that short season. So a season in MLS goes fast, but I have a lot to do, but hope to finish it later this week, or early next week.

57 minutes ago, oohlala111 said:

By the way, do you have a long term plan where you wanna go? (dont have to reveal the actual plan) I notice you dont wrap up the 3 mandatory leagues per continent so far. Or you just go with the flow, and where opportunities arise according to your reputation?

I have managed to finish the 2024-season with NYCFC but didnt have time to write an update yet, will try to get it done tomorrow though ;)

The Earls Giant Quest

New York City FC 2024-season

After almost bringing NYCFC to the playoffs in 2023 starting rock bottom, I had time to do a lot of transfers and rebuilding an aging squad for the 2024 season. I was really happy with the squad, except maybe that I had 1 midfielder in spare, and wish I got an extra defender instead. Also my striker could be better but the start he made for this season made me think o'boy I keep him.

Supporters Shield:

The fixture list in MLS can be crazy sometimes and I started with 5 home games, and would have a lot of away fixtures in the end. We started in storming fashion winning 5-1 and 5-0 in the first two games. Striker Simon Flores scored 8 of those 10 goals!!! In the end there was no fun in the league part really, as we where far too superior for any other team.

Final league table:

New York City FC - Eastern conference - 34 - 28 - 2 - 4 - 87-25 - 86

Portland Timbers - Western - 34 - 16 - 10 - 8 - 51-36 - 58

FC Dallas - Western - 34 - 16 - 8 - 10 - 55-45 - 56

Colorado Rapids - Western - 34 - 15 - 10 - 9 - 53-37 - 55

Atlanta United - Eastern - 34 - 15 - 7 - 12 - 58-47 - 52

As you can see we won the league by 28 points and the conference by 34 points. This is no achievement though, as one has to win the MLS Cup to be counted as a league win.

MLS Cup:

We went straight to the conference semi final. Two legs against Toronto FC, easy opponent and a total 7-2 win on aggregate. Conference final against DC United, a bit tougher with 3-3 away, was followed by a 2-0 win at home to take the tie 5-3 on aggregate. Colorado Rapids in the final, just one game and awarded home advantage after our superior league display. Rapids took the lead early on, and it looked like a very undeserved loss and at least one more season to win the MLS. Thats when midfielder Ramon Martinez stepped up with a fierce long shot after 89,5 minutes. 1-1 took the game to extra time, we looked fitter and it was only justice served when Simon Flores hit the winner in the opening minute of the second extra time half. It was Flores 45th goal in 38 matches, what an average!!!

US Open Cup

Played mostly in the middle of the season and during our only bad part. You can only name 5 foreigners (as opposed to 8-9 in the league) and we got a red card in the Quarter Final. We managed to loose 0-1 to "Non League" Pittsburgh. A real shame to waste such a great season.

Going forward

Really happy to win the MLS Cup though, raised my reputation slightly, but not going to stick around for NACL as I think the Mexican teams are far better. I haven't resigned yet though, as I have resigned too much lately, but my contract is up soon so I can go wherever football takes me. I hope to see a move to South America soon.

Internationally there was few jobs available, I tried to apply for U-23 jobs looking for the Olympics but never got approached. It seems the Senior team manager controlled all the teams in that competition. Hopefully a good national team wants me soon, as I have not collected any international trophies yet. Norway wanted me, but I rejected them promptly.

CAREER OVERVIEW

2016-2017 ASEC Mimosas - Ligue 1 (Ivory Coast) - Winners - Won League Cup - Won FA Cup 

2019 Hearts of Oak - Premier Division - Winners - Won FA Cup - Won African Champions League - Won Super Cup

2019/20 FC Sion - Raffeisen Super League - 2nd in the league - Already knocked out of Schweizer Cup when I took over.

2020/21 FC Sion - Raiffeisen Super League - Winners - Won Schweizer Cup - 1st KO round of Europa League 

2021/22 Al-Ahly (EGY) - Etisalat Egyptian Premier League - Winners - Won Egypt Cup - Won African Confederations Cup

2022/23 Q.P.R. - English Championships - 11th (up from 20th) - FA Cup 4th round loss against West Ham

2023 New York City FC - MLS - 15th (up from 22nd) - Already knocked out of US Open Cup

2024 New York City FC - MLS - Winners of MLS Cup (and Supporters Shield) - Knocked out in Quarter Final of US Open Cup by Pittsburgh.

Total landmarks:

12/70

Specific landmarks:

5/25 domestic league titles (3/3 for African continent, 1/3 for European continent and 1/3 for North American continent) - 2016/17 (Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas) - 2018 and 2019 (Ghana with Hearts of Oak) - 2020/21 (Switzerland with FC Sion) - 2021/22 (Egypt with Al-Ahly (EGY) - 2024 (USA with New York City FC)

5/25 domestic cup titles (4 different countries) - 2017 FA Cup (Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas) - 2017 League Cup (Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas) - 2018 and 2019 National Cup (Ghana with Hearts of Oak) - 2020/21 Schweizer Cup (Switzerland with FC Sion) - (2021/22 Egypt Cup (Egypt with Al-Ahly (EGY)

2/9 continental titles - 2019 African Champions League (with Hearts of Oak) 2022 African Confederations Cup (with Al-Ahly (EGY)

Total matches played:

394 matches - 296 wins - 52 draws - 46 losses - 1007 goals scored - 347 goals conceded - 75% win percentage

Overall top goalscorer:

Jean Keita (Ivory Coast) - 63 goals

Best XI

Goalkeeper: Anton Miteryushkin (Russia) - FC Sion - 65 games - 6,98 Av.rat - 7,25 EHoF points

Right back: Nicolas Lüchinger (Switzerland) - FC Sion - 61 games - 1 goal - 2 assists - 7,17 Av.rat - 8,07 EHoF points

Centre back: Sayed Sayed (Egypt) - Al-Ahly (EGY) - 63 games - 3 goals - 4 assists - 7,52 Av.rat - 7,04 EHoF points

Centre back: Johan Conde (Colombia) - FC Sion - 47 games - 2 goals - 1 assists - 7,39 Av.rat - 6,76 EHoF points

Left back: Kemar Lawrence  (Jamaica) - New York City FC - 48 games - 1 goal - 11 assists - 7,35 Av.rat - 7,51 EHoF points

Central midfielder: Saleh Gomaa (Egypt) - Al-Ahly (EGY) - 63 games - 14 goals - 17 assists - 7,61 Av.rat - 10,92 EHoF points

Central midfielder: Rami Rabia (Egypt) - Al-Ahly (EGY) - 61 games - 16 goals - 12 assists - 7,45 Av.rat - 10,64 EHoF points

Central midfielder: Matt Grimes (England) - New York City FC - 47 games - 12 goals - 11 assists - 7,41 Av.rat - 10,29 EHoF points

Right Winger: Noel Fofana (Ivory Coast) - ASEC,Hearts of Oak, FC Sion, NYCFC - 123 games - 26 goals - 33 assists - 7,13 Av.rat - 20,05 EHoF points

Left Winger: Alexandros Valvis (Australia) - FC Sion, Al-Ahly (EGY), QPR - 107 games - 27 goals - 39 assists - 7,34 Av.rat - 20,20 EHoF points

Striker:  Simon Flores  (USA) - New York City FC - 53 games - 56 goals - 8 assists - 7,53 Av.rat - 21,73 EHoF points

Manager reputation and badges:

65% reputation - Continental Pro License

Spoken languages:

Fluent: Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, English, German and French, Basic: Arabi

Well, @TheEarl, I'm really just going wherever there is a job; I don't really like staying in the same continent each time! I'm planning on going to South America and maybe North America and Europe to increase my reputation, maybe win the UEFA Champions League, then perhaps go back to Oceania or Asia and try and wrap up the 3 mandatory leagues. However, that could all change depending on how I feel as my save progresses!

A quick update from me regarding the season 2024/25.

I was unemployed for a while, but now I am back with South Africa Internationally. Only played a few friendlies so far.

Took over Herediano in Costa Rica with 1 league game to play. Won that game, then played the playoffs winning the group 3 points ahead of favorites Saprissa. Then the Final to crown the champion. Met Saprissa and regarded heavily underdog. Lost 0-3 away, only to win 2-0 at home and lose the final 2-3 on aggregate...

More comprehensive update to follow next season...

<*> The Earls u5SS0it.pngGiant QuesT <*>

fNtbLGy.png Brunswick City SC - Australia 19/20

- 2nd tier

ywX3vPs.png

The only reason I've decided to move to Australia is so I could get knowledge of this country and later job in A-League (1st tier), boy I was wrong. Pretty much waste of my time, this league (2nd tier) is awful and I mean it in every possible way, from stadiums to playstyle, bad finances meaning no licence for me. And on top of that I couldn't even finish the whole season due to massive crash dumps (just playoffs). Luckily I somehow managed through holidaying. Really painful stuff. On the other hand we won league competition, and north division playoffs, since I couldnt play my ASSman took over from there and we lost against Brisbane Strikers.. Only positive thing was Ivan Nikolov, our main goalscorer.

*Star Player - fNtbLGy.png Ivan Nikolov ST

Squad - Fixtures - League Table - Transfers

tRvUpgl.png Al-Ahli SC (Amman) - Jordan 20/21

8J1x6gv.png

Since I couldn't get a job with Australian top tier teams, Asia was my next destination, Jordan to be precise. Low level  Asian league, team from mid table. But with few guys who I knew from Australia, we had decent team to challenge the title and we did. So AL-Manaseer Jordanian Pro League and  JFA Shield (not sure if real cup or not) and lost in 1/2 final of JFA Cup against Wehdat. Not that many injuries but few of them were for a long period. Got 2 licenses (Continental C now) which is nice, but its time to move forward..

*Star Player - fNtbLGy.png Robert Naumovski MC/AMC

3VSmdWM.png MAS Fez - (Morocco) 21/22

Z4uooiM.png

Again interesting team from mid table, fun competition only thing I didnt like was "work permit", I found some crazy good african players like this guy Soumahoro "brothers" ST & GK (not related) both of them for maybe 30k, but they couldn't get a 'work permit" :mad:. I would've still sign them if we had more money, maybe some loan would help with wp, but our budget was tight. Great result in the end winning the league, pretty much one sided even tho Raja and Wydad are better teams. One thing I didnt like about this league and I just realized that, my team as league champions are taking place in African Champions League next season (CL is still going). Idk if I should wait that long, we have good but mostly old team, few players wants to leave for bigger clubs aswell ..Wydad is Morocan top team and they are looking for a manager, maybe i'll move there if they want me of course..

*Star Player -  IDim4WD.png Franck Guiza ST

*International Update:

y4Zz7y0.png New Zealand U23  - Qualified for Olympic Games

5TqgfBb.png

*Career Progress:  t8DaKzP.png Ron Burgundy [Manager Profile] (GP: 182  GW: 134 GD: 26 GL: 22 GF: 463 GA: 147 GD: 316 WP: 73%)

*Club

Year		Club			Country		 League position	Achievements 
2016/17		AS Dragon		Tahiti           1st                    League title, SuperCup
2017/18         Waitakere United        New Zealand      1st                    Lost in final playoffs
2018/19         Waitakere United        New Zealand      1st                    League title, O-League, Charity Cup
2019/20         Brunswick City FC       Australia        1st                    2nd tier Champs
2020/21         Ahli (JOR)              Jordan           1st                    League title, JFA Shield
2021/22         MAS Fes                 Morocco          1st                    League title

*International

Year		Country			Ranking		Achievements & Notes
2018		Sierra Leone            154>62nd       2nd place in CAN Qualification Group
2019            New Zealand U23                          OFC Olympic Qualifying Tournament

*Challenge Progress

Club

2/3 Oceania  –  Tahiti 2017 (AS Dragon), New Zealand 2019 (Waitakere United)
1/3 Africa   –  Morocco 2022 (MAS Fes),
1/3 Asia   –    Jordan 2021 (Ahli (JOR)),
0/3 N-America   –
0/3 S-America   –
0/3 Europe   –

0/7 Other Leagues   –

0/25  Domestic Cups   – 
1/9 Continental Club Trophies   –  Oceania 2019 (Waitakere United)
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies  –

International 

0/7 Continental International Trophies   –
0/3 Worldwide  International Trophies   –
Edited by lvzifer

Nice progress there @lvzifer it might prove to be a wise move that stop in Australia ;) You already have a foothold in 3 continents, not bad at all. Keep up the good work :)

I didnt have too much time my self this week @makovn so totally understand. Hope we will see another update from you soon ;)

I also realized that the Costa Rica season is really long, so might take a while for me to get to the next update as well ;) 

Welcome, and good luck @pug 407 would love to see some success in those leagues you have loaded from the start.

Please let us know briefly of your first club, then post as often as you want, but once a season is the most common update time ;)

I have finished another season now, but had no time for an update yet. Expect it by tomorrow ;)

Sorry for lack of update from me, there has not been a lot of time to write updates. So this is an update for a few seasons, but rather short.

First I applied for jobs when my contract with New York City FC was going to run out. A few too many so 6 days before my contract was up I was sacked due to unloyalty. A big mistake it proved as my manager reputation dropped from 65% to 55%. 

Eventually after nearly 4 months I was appointed manager of Herediano in Costa Rica Premier Division. They play a massive amount of games there with an Opening and Closing Stage of the season. Both Stages announces a winner, it can be with a Final Play Off match, if the winner of the League Table and a Final Phase is different clubs. In the Opening Stage we won both the League Table and the Final Phase and was declared winner without having to play that Final Play Off Matches. I stayed on for the Closing Stage also, but could only reach 2nd and 3rd place respectively. We also won the Costa Rica Cup and thus I managed 2 more trophies.

I also took on the role for South Africa once again. This time for the CHAN 2026, and we won it finally. I could have tried the ACON of 2027 but the best defender quit international football, and I felt it hampered me in applying for new club jobs so I resigned again.

Club football, I then moved to Mattersburg in June/July 2026. Destined for a relegation battle in the Austrian Bundesliga. After selling my best player for a hefty 6M pounds, which was a staggering 50% of the yearly budget I got some cash to acquire a more balanced team with no superstars but not too many weak positions either. After a really bad start, we over performed for a 4th spot in the league and Europa League qualification.

CAREER OVERVIEW

2023 New York City FC - MLS - 15th (up from 22nd) - Already knocked out of US Open Cup

2024 New York City FC - MLS - Winners of MLS Cup (and Supporters Shield) - Knocked out in Quarter Final of US Open Cup by Pittsburgh.

2025/26 Herediano - Costa Rica Premier Division Opening Stage Winners - Winners of Costa Rica Cup - Knocked out in Group Stage of NACL.

2026/27 Mattersburg - 4th in Austrian Bundesliga - 3rd round of Austrian Cup lost to Austria Wien

2026 - South Africa - CHAN Winners

Total landmarks:

15/70

Specific landmarks:

6/25 domestic league titles (3/3 for African continent, 1/3 for European continent and 1/3 for North American continent) - 2016/17 (Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas) - 2018 and 2019 (Ghana with Hearts of Oak) - 2020/21 (Switzerland with FC Sion) - 2021/22 (Egypt with Al-Ahly (EGY) - 2024 (USA with New York City FC) - 2025/26 (Costa Rica with Herediano)

6/25 domestic cup titles (4 different countries) - 2017 FA Cup (Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas) - 2017 League Cup (Ivory Coast with ASEC Mimosas) - 2018 and 2019 National Cup (Ghana with Hearts of Oak) - 2020/21 Schweizer Cup (Switzerland with FC Sion) - (2021/22 Egypt Cup (Egypt with Al-Ahly (EGY) - 2025 (Costa Rica Cup with Herediano)

1/11 international titles - 2026 CHAN (with South Africa)

Everyone waiting for FM18 here, or someone still having a go?

Makov's challenge 2018\19 season

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪hapoel haifa badge no background‬‏

Schedule Pt. Pt. 2: a great season except for the stain which the Israeli state cup where we lost to my former team, we looked strong all season long, although we really succeeded in the business end of the season I didn't believe we would make it so I am extremely happy

League: 7 points clear:D and Ahi Nazareth survived.

Star Players:

Guy Harish : A star loanee which my predecessor loaned, he bossed the midfield and I am definitely gonna miss him next season 

Samuel Scheimann : not getting any younger, but like wine and Buffon he just gets better with age. he to had a great season propelling us to the league title

Miki Abukarat : the youngster looks like a gem and he is a key player for us.

Next season objectives: retain the title

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.    | Cont. achievements   | Trophies won   |
2016/17  | Akhi Nazareth | 3rd        | No | No | None   |
2017/18  | Akhi Nazareth | 1st        | No | No | None   | Israeli National league (promotion & title)
2018/19  | Hapoel Haifa  | 1st        | Yes | No | Toto Cup and IPL | did the double 

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
----------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | No  | No | No | No |
2017/18 | No  | No | No | No |
2018/19 | Ivory Coast | No | 31 | No |
TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
1/25 Domestic Cups

On 10/12/2017 at 08:06, TheEarl said:

Everyone waiting for FM18 here, or someone still having a go?

will try to win as many trophies till fm18, probably won't start with this challenge immediately