FM-17 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, an amazing guy called Riddler has released a ton of reliable leagues in every continent except Oceania (you can find him in the workshop if you search up Faroe Islands in the workshop and click on Riddler's name) and there's some standalone Oceania databases in the workshop. I don't know if those are reliable or not but I'm going to find out!

Also, copying the O-League data from FM17 seems to work so I am going to be starting the challenge, probably tomorrow :D So hyped for this!!@TheEarl

Image result for china fa

China U23 National Team

Well, looks like I'm starting today! Only 3 Oceania leagues were available to choose from (New Zealand, Cook Islands and another) so I loaded up some leagues in Asia as well. I applied for a couple of interesting jobs, including the job as UAE, Saudi Arabia and China U23 Manager. I got a lot of job interviews but only one offer from a team called Lynx Matsuyama. However, all 3 U23 teams approached me and I decided to accept the China U23s role as I believe they are the best of the 3 teams. It will be interesting to see where this takes me as I am starting with an international team instead of a club, but hopefully I can do well and land myself a job elsewhere.

My first job is to guide the China U23s to a place at the U23 Asian Nations' Cup. We are in a group with the U23 sides from Macau, Taiwan and Myanmar and I expect us to win easily. We beat Myanmar U23s 3-0 (without me in charge) and I just need to see off Macau and Taiwan to qualify. Fingers crossed!!

11 hours ago, oohlala111 said:

Well, an amazing guy called Riddler has released a ton of reliable leagues in every continent except Oceania (you can find him in the workshop if you search up Faroe Islands in the workshop and click on Riddler's name) and there's some standalone Oceania databases in the workshop. I don't know if those are reliable or not but I'm going to find out!

Also, copying the O-League data from FM17 seems to work so I am going to be starting the challenge, probably tomorrow :D So hyped for this!!@TheEarl

I saw his updates, but I am not sure how good these updates are. I would still like to wait for claassen to finish his updates, but happy go camping for those who want to make a run for it. Leaderboards updates will only be for claassen updates so far though.

36 minutes ago, oohlala111 said:

Well if it's not going to get me on the leaderboard then why should I bother? I just think it's a bit unfair if I don't get on the leaderboard because I started early with some diff. editor data, that's all...

Understand, but hopefully claassen's updates won't be far away. I am going to make a FM18 version of this thread as soon as its playable.

Going to post a mini mid season update tomorrow, got a few games of the season left, I got to the friendship cup final again and into semi of FA cup but I've had an interview and offer from North Village Rams who are the best rep team in Bermuda, not sure whether to go now or stick it with Devonshire until the end of the season, I could win the league if other results go my way with Devonshire, I'm a few points behind leaders Dandy Town Hornets, decisions decisions.

24 minutes ago, oohlala111 said:

Ok, I'll just do this save as a 'tester', if you will, and when all of claassen's updates are released I'll start again officially :) 

Please do, and please if you play any of the leagues made by Riddler let me know how they seem. I have seen quite a few remarks about some divisions being custom made by the author, but if most seems reliable I might allow it in the future. Also what is comfortable about classes updates is that people can download it in a megapack.

I've not been on FM much but managed to complete season 2 and have 1 game left of season 3. I'll post end of season 3 tomorrow or over the weekend when I finish.

So end of seaosn 2 started off with a loss on penalties in the Friendship cup to PHC Zebras (Who I palyed in my first game, and ebat in a previous cup final):

Friendship1.thumb.JPG.e43925db5fc47c78936463f6bda2ef6f.JPG

During season 2 we won the FA cup again:

facup.thumb.JPG.bf06e14fd0481d23e8fa741d1897bec5.JPG

End of the season we finished 4th:

seasonreview.thumb.JPG.1e280b4b72a1fe7ba4a65b1677f0d699.JPG

I signed a new contract in the close season, I plan on staying this third season then leaving for pastures new:

contract.thumb.JPG.fd44d31478a25b13f3543b8af64de311.JPG

My main strieker has retired and become an assistant at another club in the league:

zulli1.thumb.JPG.af685803422ad4288c9fc48c1c081147.JPGzulli2.thumb.JPG.02ee26992085d4f41871ed1a58da424c.JPG

Season 3 preview:

preview.thumb.JPG.cf01477baacc66dd9329ea047432232e.JPGpreview2.thumb.JPG.7f6d5cb31ae6dd892e630ef67fc9e2f1.JPG

Targets for season 3:

rargets.thumb.JPG.ef3df977725c1b52687b040ee6538de1.JPG

As we'd won the FA cup we got to play in charity shield at the start of season 3 which we won:-

charity.thumb.JPG.ffb4d2c477062e40db9193e49a41eca8.JPG

Due to winning the cups & charity shields I'm now top of the hall of fame for Bermuda:

hof.thumb.JPG.9e6c029f4ac2be46adafa04cdc01d4d5.JPG

Finances at start of season 3:

financens.thumb.JPG.92656621299aa848049b48589acde3d3.JPG

Finally, Uruguay won the World Cup:

world.thumb.JPG.1e28cd5b07049a13661f1d4ae37f7fc5.JPG

I should get season 3 wrapped up tonight or tomorrow and post my updates. As I say I will eave Devonshire after this season is all wrapped up and see where I end up.

CLUB

Season   | Club                      | League pos. | Cont. achievements   | Domestic cup achievements  | Notes                                                                                                    |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016       | Devonshire Colts   |5th                 | N/A                             | Friendship & FA cup winners        | Predicted to be relegated, finished very respectable 5th  |

2017       | Devonshire Colts   |4th                 | N/A                             | FA cup & Charity shield winners   | 4th  & top of the hall of fame for Bermuda|

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. results   | World ranking | Trophies won  | Notes            |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 |   |  |  |  |

TROPHIES WON

0/25 League Titles
3/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

Season 3 finished and after we got the charity shield again at the start of the season it all came down to the last game:

penultimate.thumb.JPG.48d0fb7b31f0f2b3474fd4f9cc29e636.JPG

But we did it and won the league, just!  Thanks to a late goal

champs.thumb.JPG.6f0dadcefaf58689235bd0770cff0a80.JPG

5a26b50a53e5f_seasonreview.thumb.JPG.8e74a7c63d40ad595bbbbf0680e31303.JPG

After completing this season and winning the league as I said in a previous post I would leave so I did. There was some jobs in Malaysia, and the top 2 teams in Bermuda sacked their managers and I was favorite for the job but 1 caught my eye in UAE so I declared interest and got interviewed. After a week or so in game I am now the manager of

emirate.png.d39709144997ea51eeb27bc13c540d8f.png

Emirates FC in the United Arab Emirates second division.

emitrates1.thumb.JPG.e46eaa5f456ded386aec4dedd03d4920.JPG

They're predicted to finish fourth although have got a couple of decent players already, 1 clearly first choice striker & a young left winger on loan

zogo.thumb.JPG.b727e20b38beeed3f19617b1257de4ef.JPG sow.thumb.JPG.7e1f633aee641245cb042d4ba84d5605.JPG 

Gonna see how this season goes, if we go up I'll stay, if not well we'll see.

CLUB

Season   | Club                      | League pos. | Cont. achievements   | Domestic cup achievements  | Notes                                                                                                    |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016       | Devonshire Colts   |5th                 | N/A                             | Friendship & FA cup winners        | Predicted to be relegated, finished very respectable 5th  |

2017       | Devonshire Colts   |4th                 | N/A                             | FA cup & Charity shield winners   | 4th  & top of the hall of fame for Bermuda|

2018       | Devonshire Colts   |1st                  | N/A                             | Premier league & Charity shield winners   | League winners and still top of Bermudan hall of fame|

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. results   | World ranking | Trophies won  | Notes            |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 |   |  |  |  |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
3/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

"Before Sunday, I will do Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria and Egypt. ;)"

Looks like we won't be waiting much longer to start this year's Giant 70 challenge!!! I think 6 African leagues will be enough for me to start the challenge as those leagues are quite high in reputation and I don't find a lot of the other leagues that exciting ;) 

3 hours ago, OneManSnipez said:

@TheEarlDo International trophies for youth levels count? I'd assume not

No they don't, except for Olympics which you can bring a few "over age" players. Its the only kind of youth tournament that counts.

As for FM18 version, I will wait a few more days before launching it.

I think I'm gonna make a start tomorrow anyway (or maybe today if I can't resist the pull of the challenge!), then when the save is officially launched I'll post an update :) 

@markypark14 I assume people can still continue on the FM17 version if they haven't yet got FM18, but a new topic will be created for the FM18 version :D 

1 minute ago, markypark14 said:

So is the FM 17 version of this challenge now over? Looking for something new to do in FM and this looks really interesting!

The 17 version will live on as long as people post here. Currently as far as I know @bigmattb28 is still playing this challenge on 17.

24 minutes ago, markypark14 said:

A quick question before starting. How do people choose what leagues to move to? Planning on starting in Oceania and only having some of the Oceania leagues loaded to begin, so not sure the best way to move continents once Oceania has been conquered.

A lot start there, personally I liked starting in Africa. But its really just to choose your own path and enjoy and have fun a long the way.

6 hours ago, OneManSnipez said:

If i start a coaching course with a club and then resign will i still earn that badge?

Thats up to the game to decide, but usually I think you do. You can resign as much as you want, but cant quit and make another manager.

16 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

Are all the required leagues out now? Really interested in starting this. Need an actual game to play instead of just waiting for the next stages of the tour de challenges to start.

As far as I can see there is still only 2 leagues in Africa. South Africa that comes with the game, and Nigeria made by claassen.

This means you can only win 2 league in Africa, and not complete the game.

I will make a new thread for 18 during the weekend anyway I think, because it will soon be ready and the weekend is better time for me to make the thread.

Personally I would like a lot more leagues in Africa and Caribbean before I start my journey, but as soon as the 6 continents have minimum 3 playable leagues people should be fine to start the game. I remind you all that it is still only leagues made by claassen that is legal, even if other serious database makers are out there.

Found them! Just read through his thread, and he has put the 12 new African countries on his steam workshop page, and then he will add them into his pack on Sunday. Looks like its going to be a long night tonight as I start this. I wont add any screenshots in here, I will wait for the new thread to be made, and then I will post in there.  

2 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

Found them! Just read through his thread, and he has put the 12 new African countries on his steam workshop page, and then he will add them into his pack on Sunday. Looks like its going to be a long night tonight as I start this. I wont add any screenshots in here, I will wait for the new thread to be made, and then I will post in there.  

OK, then its good to go. I just read about the Megapack.

I will make the thread in the weekend as mentioned.

24 minutes ago, OneManSnipez said:

How many leagues do you guys load at the start?

Do you load a few leagues and then add new leagues when you need them, or load all the leagues needed to complete the challenge

I load maybe 5-8 from the start. Then remove and add a long the way. Usually try to stick to 1 or max 2 continents at the same time.

50 minutes ago, OneManSnipez said:

@TheEarl Oh ok that seems like a much better idea then loading all leagues. I kept getting a crash dump when applying for jobs in tahiti so had to restart :(

Remember also to NEVER mix it with any other editor files, that will probably crash the game ;)

13 hours ago, TheEarl said:

OK, then its good to go. I just read about the Megapack.

I will make the thread in the weekend as mentioned.

I'm getting on board with this challenge for 18, when you starting the thread mate? I've got a load the leagues  I want to use and ready to start

On 07/12/2017 at 20:12, markypark14 said:

And so journey begins for Markus Andreasen, the 20yo manager born to a Scottish mother and a Norwegian father.

DMi1qeJ.jpg

After applying for all jobs available in the top nations in Oceania, I have decided to take on the following:

vGoMP7M.jpg

And the expectations of AS Magenta are going to be a challenge:

mFbLbvV.jpg

Let's see how this goes, updates to follow at the end of each season.

What leagues did you download to use bro?

1 minute ago, oohlala111 said:

Same @bigmattb28! I've actually already started but I can't wait to share my team and get posting :D 

Cool man, I'm just looking through Claasens leagues in the workshop, there's not many Caribean ones I don't think, what leagues you got?

3 hours ago, markypark14 said:

@bigmattb28 I have the full pack downloaded but have the top 5 leagues in Oceania currently loaded in my game.

The extra leagues I've got are Tahiti, Solomon islands and Fiji for oceiana, Panama for north America, Nigeria, Cameroon, Egypt and ivory coast for Africa and a few Asian nations. Was hoping for Bermuda too but he's prob doing that near the end.

42 minutes ago, markypark14 said:

Going to leave my FM17 save as it looks like FM18 is now ready to go (plenty African nations now on the Steam workshop).

One question though, do we have to use real players or can we use fake players and staff?

Probably use real players mate. Wait until @TheEarl sets up the thread for confirmation

1 hour ago, markypark14 said:

Going to leave my FM17 save as it looks like FM18 is now ready to go (plenty African nations now on the Steam workshop).

One question though, do we have to use real players or can we use fake players and staff?

Real players only. Of course after a while it will be newgens who dominante the game.

I'm starting this now. Loaded as playable I have:

leagues.thumb.PNG.9d2273f3a87375c9b24e72e5c1396f4e.PNG

Manager profile, no real reason why am from Barbados, just think it's a cool place and it won't add anything to the game or have any influence I don't think:

manager.thumb.PNG.fe9fbd5c59fd5ba5cbb4c41aed48fa6e.PNG

Am thinking go for the Oceania leagues & if poss the OFC Champs league then remove those leagues before moving on, depending whats around I don't know if will be going to Asia or Africa, will leave Europe til last.

Loads of jobs available at the start so will be applying for loads! Wish me luck and good luck to the guys that's started this.

Archived