FM-17 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

After aplying for jobs the entire off season without result I prepared myself for another season at Veitongo. However as the first match drew nearer I was invited to an interview with Ballena Shizuoka. They were joint first in the J-league. I attended but didn't expect to get the job. 

However:

Van Leeuwen takes charge at Ballena Shizuoka

My first game in charge was in the league cup. We needed just a draw to qualify from the group stage to the main KO stages. And a draw was what we delivered. The last group match didn't matter anymore and we lost it. We mirrored these results in the League. After getting only one point in two matches we were down to third.

At that point we went into a midseason break. I used it to familiarize the team with my tactics through some friendlies. We performed much better after the restart.

The League Cup

http://empcup17_zpsbq4y6wpm.png

The Quarter final proved no problem. We could even rest the first team for the second leg after a 5-1 win in the first. The semi final was epic. FC Hiroshima matched us play for play on two very open games. Each could easily have ended with many more goals. We edged the contest with a 7-6 aggregate score.
In the final we met Yamaga. As open as the Semi final was so tight was the final. neither team could threathen during regular play. Penalties were inevevitable. They took theirs better and send us home heartbroken.

There was no time to mope around though as we entered the deciding phase of the League.

J-League

http://end table JL 17_zpsrplexpel.jpg

Champions! 

It was a tense battle between us and Sakai FC for most of it. Hiroshima threathened briefly but couldn't hold on.
After the mid-season break we started strong, quickly regaining the top spot. We could't build a large lead though. As the season progressed our form started to dip and at several points we were overtaken. Each time we fought back. In the end we needed a win in the last game or a loss from Sakai. Our games started at the same time and they quickly scored two, putting maximum pressure on my team. We didn't bring our A-game and struggled through the match. Just before half time we finaly opened the score. The entire second half we were under presure from the oppostion. The defense held and around the 80 minute mark we scored our second, all but securing the match. Indeed, the final ten minutes were uneventfull. We had won. We were champions!

Emperor's cup

http://Naamloos_zps6k2k6yn4.jpg

The season wasn't over though. We still had to play the emperor's cup. I really wanted a cup win after our penalties loss in the league cup. It wasn't to be. We met minimal opposition untill the Semis. We again met Hiroshima. The goals didn't come as easily this time. A late goal send them to final.

Next season

I'm under contract untill the end of next season. I have no intention this time to move early. I want to take a shot at the Asian champions league and I want to win at least one of the cups. retaining the league would be awesome but not more than a bonus.

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.| Cont. achievements| Trophies won |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016     | Veitongo         | 1st        | Yes              | 2nd in group stage| League Title |
2016	 | Ballena Shizuoka | 1st	 | Yes		    | N/A		| League Title |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual.| World ranking| Trophies won|
-----------------------------------------------------------
2016    | N/A  | N/A         | N/A          | N/A         |
2017    | N/A  | N/A         | N/A          | N/A         |

TROPHIES WON

League titles
1/3 Oceania  
0/3 Africa
1/3 Asia
0/3 N-America
0/3 S-America
0/3 Europe

0/7 Other league

0/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies

0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

77005796.png

So, after a long time in Asia, We move on to Peru

4ZJo83f.png

The club is a mid table club, and the first competition is the opening stage of the League

1tfIKaK.png

ZM4ockY.png

Okay performance, but one cannot fail to notice that 5 points is all that separates first and 13th

7EBPuNn.png

lyG96hz.png

And we capitalise on it to move top of the table after the closing stage. But it is not over yet. One more part remaining:

sUSaxKk.png

7IeEp9v.png

THe stutter towards the end of closing stage continued, and one can see that we finished 2nd overall(just merge the two tables). But there was still the playoff:

GqYfREl.png

A good away performance got us through to the finals

Kxx6Tcq.png

And another one got us the championship!!!

Hoping to get more Saouth american trophies soon

On 4.2.2017 at 12:01, Mr_Demus said:

Question: Do I need to tick the "add players to playable teams"?

The reigning champions of St. VIncent only have two players on their books.

Or would it be against the rules? 

There is no specific rule against it, but I would recommend NOT ticking it off, but you should see youngsters coming through after a while, so maybe another league with more players in the beginning is more fun.

On 5/2/2017 at 10:10, Mr_Demus said:

My game is really unstable. It has crashed 5-6 times already. Losing progress, and it's getting annoying

Is anyone else experiencing stability issues? It is making my game near unplayable. I have never had any problems before Claasens files

I think the instability issues may have been caused by the number of extra leagues. I have deselected a few very small ones, and it seems to be smoother now.

I am going for Africa his time.

EDIT: I have now found my job. Tunisian club US Tataouine hire portuguese manager Carlos Santiago to lead them to glory.

The club comes from the city of Tataouine, where pats of the original Star Wars was filmed, and Luke Skywalkers home planet Tatooine is named after the city.

Ballena Shizuoka Mid-season report

I'm halfway through the season now, currently watching the 2018 World cup unfold. 

We started well, winning the Super cup 4-0 against Tokyo metro feliz. 
The Champions league started great. We won our first three games, meaning only one more win would sent us through. We did won one more time against Gia Lai (who ended up with 0) more but lost the other two. In the second round we were up against Pohang. We edged a home victory in the first leg but gave up two away goals. When they scored quickly in the second leg I thought we had had it. But although they were better they didn't score more in the first half. A draw would sent us through. We scored in the 80th minute. Surely we could hang on. No, it wasn't to be. five minutes later they scored the 2-1 and it was over.

Looking back, we played well in the competition but have some catching up to do with the bigger clubs.

http://ACL18_zpsypeugr1i.png

In other news I've landed my first NT job: Montenegro

Hopefully I can gain some experience here before moving on to bigger nations

1 hour ago, Mr_Demus said:

After being able to only pick up 5 players who were older than 17, and competing in a rather strong league, I was sacked from US Tataouine.

Shame on being sacked by US Tataouine. I will probably say that good luck on finding a new team. Who is the new manager of US Tataouine?

5 minutes ago, sherwinriga said:

Shame on being sacked by US Tataouine. I will probably say that good luck on finding a new team. Who is the new manager of US Tataouine?

I haven't played since getting sacked so I would not know. I have also loaded some smaller leagues, so a job should be within reach

Ballena Shizuoka 2018 Season

My main goal this season was to win one, preferably both, of the cups to progress in the challenge. Retaining the League was second and after that a good showing in the Asian CL. 

Super Cup: We won it fairly easily in the end.
Emperors cup: Overconfidence cost us this match. I rotated the squad and we were beated by lower league opposition
League cup: Victory! We did it. none of the games were really good on our side but we managed to sneak to the final where we beat Sakai FC to net me my first cup throphy of my carreer. In the semis we met Hiroshima for the thirs time in a row in a Semi final.
J-League: From the start the race was between us and Hachioji Tigre. A mixture of injuries, suspensions and general bad form saw us lose the race after the mid-season break.
Asian Championsleague: We did reasonably well in the group stages but lost out to a slightly better Pohang in the first KO-round

Next season: My contract runs out at the end of this season and with the cup win in the bag I won't be renewing it.

Montenegro 2018

I took over in the summer. I can't possibly expect to win anything with this team but hopefully this job gives me a leg-up to a better job.

Meanwhile though, we played the International League. We played well enough to not get relegated, but just by a bit.

Next year we start qualification for euro 2020

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.| Cont. achievements	| Trophies won 		|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016     | Veitongo         | 1st        | Yes              | 2nd in group stage	| League Title 		|
2017	 | Ballena Shizuoka | 1st	 | Yes		    | N/A			| League Title 		|
2018	 | Ballena Shizuoka | 2nd	 | Yes		    | Knocked out in 2nd round  | League cup/super cup  |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team 		| Tourn. qual.| World ranking| Trophies won|
2016    | N/A  		| N/A         | N/A          | N/A         |
2017    | N/A  		| N/A         | N/A          | N/A         |
2018	| Montenegro	| N/A	      | 88	     | N/A	   |

TROPHIES WON

League titles
1/3 Oceania  
0/3 Africa
1/3 Asia
0/3 N-America
0/3 S-America
0/3 Europe

0/7 Other league

1/25 Domestic Cups (1 country)

@TheEarl Are We Saying All Closing Stages In South America Win You The Title. Because Some Classed You Won The Title With The Playoff

After. Also In Paraguay You Win In The Open Stage. Also You Missed The European Championship For International

16 hours ago, pug 407 said:

@TheEarl Are We Saying All Closing Stages In South America Win You The Title. Because Some Classed You Won The Title With The Playoff

After. Also In Paraguay You Win In The Open Stage. Also You Missed The European Championship For International

If there is a Play Off, I would say winning the Play Off counts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I started this challenge unoffically, just for fun, if I do well I will post screenshots, I download Claasen's leagues mega pack and loaded up Albania, Argentina, Austria and Australia, managed to get a job straight away with an Albanian First Category Group B team called Dinamo Tirana, I finished 5th in my first season and got them promoted in my first season, somehow got National Hero achievement so I assume there is only 2 divisions in Albania, anyway I left Dinamo Tirana to take over at FC Wacker Innsbruck in Austrian Erste Liga, I am currently 2nd after 11 games played, hoping to get a decent job in Austrian top league then win the league and move on to Australia or Argentina.

I also started this challenge unofficially.  After downloading Claasen's mega pack I decided to try my luck in the Caribbean, a part of the world
I'd love to work in. 

I managed to get a job managing the mighty Cayon Rockets in St Kitts almost straightaway, who were holders of the title but had low expectations
for the coming year and set to work on the backroom team and started poaching youngsters for the new season.

After a topsy turvy first half of the season where we stayed in the top half of the league but got knocked out of the Champions League early we 
won the FA Cup.  Eventually we got a strong run of form and qualified for the title play offs with 3 other teams of the 10 team league.  In the 
playoffs we lost the first game, drew the second and just scraped through into the final by winning the third.

The final was played over two legs against a team we struggled against all season, Garden Hotspurs.  In the first away leg we won 1-0 and then 
managed an amazing 2-1 win in the second leg to win the title and confirm the double.  All with a team with an average age of 23!

I decided it was time to move on so resigned my post leaving Cayon Rockets with new training pitch and my thanks for training me up to the 
National A badge.

After about a week I found myself on my travels to the south of the Caribbean and the island of Bonaire.  SV Estrellas is a bit of a project and I
predict 3 seasons for success in this 9 team league.

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.| Cont. achievements	| Trophies won 		|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016     | Cayon Rockets    | 1st        | Yes              | Knocked out in 1st round	| League Title/FA Cup	|
2017	 | SV Estrellas     | N/A	 | No		    | N/A			| N/A 	   	        |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team 		| Tourn. qual.| World ranking| Trophies won|
2016    | N/A  		| N/A         | N/A          | N/A         |
2017    | N/A  		| N/A         | N/A          | N/A         |

TROPHIES WON

League titles
0/3 Oceania  
0/3 Africa
0/3 Asia
1/3 N-America (St Kitts)
0/3 S-America
0/3 Europe

0/7 Other league

1/25 Domestic Cups (St Kitts)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the formatting issues and general spaces, I have no idea why they've happened but please try to ignore them!! :)  :)

UPDATE: Fixed the issues! Sorry that the logos didn't show up but I couldn't be bothered searching for one that worked :D 

Team Wellington

League Table | Fixtures | (WARNING- HUGE SPOILERS!!)

Charity Cup

Board Expectation: Not Important

My Expectation: Not important, but a win would be good

So, my first competitive match of the season was a Community Shield-style tournament vs Auckland City. We played well and got a 3-2 victory, securing my first piece of silverware as Team Wellington boss. However, it's the next two competitions that really matter to me and the challenge.

New Zealand Premiership

Board Expectation: Reach Semi-Final

My Expectation: Reach Final (and maybe win it!)

It was heartbreak last season as a dominant Auckland City side swept us aside in the play-off final 4-2, and we were determined to go one better and win our 2nd different league title. The board, as usual, weren't expectant which can be a good thing, as there is less pressure on you. Anyway, onto the competition.

It was a tale of two venues as we were invincible at home but completely vulnerable away. After a crazy 4-4 draw away at Hawke's Bay, we lost 4 consecutive away games. However, we won all 3 of our home games in those opening 7 games which left us outside the playoffs in 6th, albeit 1 point off the top 4. Auckland City already seemed like a mile away, and a mile too far.

Suddenly though, everything changed. We embarked on an 11 match winning run, resulting in us catching up with Auckland City then overtaking them after what could well be my best win as Team Wellington boss. Winning our last game secured top spot as Auckland City laboured to a draw, leaving us 2 points clear of the Premiership holders. We played the O-League group stages in between that 5-0 mauling and the last game of the season, but I will go into more detail on that later. We drew Southern in the semi-finals of the playoffs...

Spoiler

Team Wellington 3-1 Southern Easy. We went into the half-time break at 1-1, but we eased into a 2 goal lead and that was that. Onto the final, and after a nervy 2-2 penalty shoot-out win, of course it was going to be Auckland City...

Spoiler

Team Wellington 2-1 Auckland City WE DID IT! Two goals from Lopez put us firmly in control; a Tade penalty set up a nervy finish but the fans went wild at the full time whistle as I won my first major trophy under Team Wellington. :D  :D  :D  

So, a successful league campaign that resulted in a major trophy. However, there was still one more trophy left to play for...

O-League

Board Expectation: Reach Final

My Expectation: Win it

After yet another final defeat by Auckland City last season, they made it 9 wins in a row while we made it 5 runners-up places in a row. I was extremely hopeful that this would be our year so that I could move on from Team Wellington to win more trophies although the board didn't quite share my confidence!! Our group consisted of @TurtleNick's former club Navua, AS Magenta and Kiwi. We were expected to dominate and progress easily, which we did. Onto the semi-finals, and we drew Amicale of Vanuatu. We progressed 5-0 on aggregate to set up a re-match with Auckland City, who were clearly desperate to get revenge after our NZP win and to retain their O-League title. Leg 1 was away...

Spoiler

Auckland City 0-1 Team Wellington However, we had other plans. We defeated the 10-man hosts to put us in pole position going into the 2nd leg. We hadn't lost this season to Auckland City, and I was quietly confident. The year before I arrived, this exact same scoreline happened, with Auckland turning it around away to win 2-1 on aggregate. Would history repeat itself, or would we make history?

Spoiler

Team Wellington 3-2 Auckland City (4-2 aggregate) NINE YEARS OF DOMINANCE, BROKEN BY TEAM WELLINGTON!! WE ARE THE O-LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2019/20!!! Auckland City taste defeat for the first time in 10 years whilst we taste victory for the first time in 6 years. My team raced into a two goal lead early on, although Auckland pegged us back at 2-2, making it 3-2 aggregate at HT. A late Moretti goal sealed the tie, and sealed my 2nd major trophy at the club's helm.

After our heroics in the two major competitions, I have to consider my position. I recently signed a new contract, but that was only in case I failed to win the O-League. There are currently no jobs that take my fancy, although I am going to add some leagues in the hope I find an interesting club. I am planning on going to Africa or Asia, but I will stay in Wellington if no good offers come up. Well, that's my club covered- now onto my country!!

UPDATE: I have applied for a new job, I shall post accordingly if I make the cut!!

United Arab Emirates

2019 Fixtures | 2020 Fixtures | Gulf Cup Table | WCQ Table |

I won't go into much detail here. We have moved up a lot int the world rankings, and a disappointing Gulf Cup campaign was blocked out by a successful, and unbeaten, WCQ Second Round campaign. Because of our 1st place finish, we not only qualify for the next Asian Cup but for the next round of WC Qualifying. There are 2 groups of 6 teams. The top two teams of each group qualify directly for the WC while the teams in 3rd place contest a playoff. The winners of that two-legged playoff go on to contest an inter-continental playoff versus the 5th placed team in South American qualifying (the likes of Uruguay, Ecuador and Colombia could well be in this playoff!) This two-legged playoff decides which team qualifies for the WC. 

I have applied for the Turkey job after Hungary appointed their previous boss, but I haven't heard from them yet. I am liking the UAE, but I need to move onto a bigger team if I want to be fighting for international trophies. I will update you on that situation when I get an email from the Turkish FA!!

Well, sorry for that huge update but there was a lot to talk about! Thanks for reading (if you made it all the way, have a cookie from me) and I'll see you next time!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.    | Cont. achievements   | Trophies won   |
2016/17  | Solomon Warriors | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | N/A (didn't qualify) | League Title   |
2017/18  | Solomon Warriors | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | Semi-finalists       | League Title   |
2018/19  | Team Wellington  | 2nd        | Yes (2nd in league)  | Finalists            | None           |
2019/20  | Team Wellington  | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | WINNERS!!            | Charity Cup, O-League, NZP |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team                       | Tourn. qual    | World ranking (end of season) | Trophies won    |
2016/17 | N/A                        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team)                 | N/A (no team)   |
2017/18 | N/A                        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team)                 | N/A (no team)   |
2018/19 | United Arab Emirates       | N/A (no quals) | 102nd                         | None (no qual)  |
2019/20 | United Arab Emirates       | Gulf Cup       | 61st                          | None            |

TROPHIES WON

2/25 League Titles (Solomon Islands x2; New Zealand x1)
0/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies (O-League x1)

Just had an international job offer from Senegal following a disappointing AFCON performance. I merely turned it down because I'm enjoying my time with the UAE, even though Senegal are more likely to qualify for the World Cup and be more competitive. I feel like it would be a greater achievement to qualify with the UAE and if I did, my reputation would increase a LOT more!!

Also, I've attended an interview to take over the club top of the league in the Ivory Coast. I suggested that I might take over in pre-season although that could be risky regarding final positions and continental success- they're in the African Confederations Cup too! I'll alert you as soon as I receive any news :) 

EDIT: I didn't get the job, so I will most likely leave Team Wellington at the end of the season and pursue other job opportunities unless another job arises.

TEAM WELLINGTON

League Table | Fixtures (Part 1) | Fixtures (Part 2) (WARNING- MAJOR SPOILERS!!)

Charity Cup

Board Expectation: Not important

The season opener was the Charity Cup match vs Auckland City. I wanted to win after last season's dominance and our record vs Auckland City, and a win we got. Arguably, Auckland City had the better game but we took our penalties better than theirs, ultimately winning trophy 4 as Team Wellington boss. Onto the Premiership...

New Zealand Premiership

After last year's comeback to come first before going on to win the premiership, I expected big things of my squad. Not just content with winning the league, I wanted to go unbeaten. And you know what? That's exactly what happened. 16 wins and 1 draw cemented our place in first, a mammoth 9 points clear of Auckland City who suffered a very poor start to the season. The one thing I hate about this league is that you still have to win the playoffs, much like in the Telekom S-League, only with less teams. Going into said playoffs, we were drawn against Hawke's Bay...

Spoiler

Team Wellington 1-0 Hawke's Bay We dominated throughout and got our reward in the 70th minute as Cole Peverley dispatched a wonderful free kick from 25 yards. Onto the final, and what a surprise it was when I discovered we were playing Auckland City, who had overcome Canterbury United in a 5-3 thriller.

Spoiler

Team Wellington 2-1 Auckland City Champions of New Zealand twice in a row!! We hammered them, having 24 shots and 9 on target, and all the action came in the first half as we raced into a two-goal lead. Auckland scored a rebound from a penalty but we held on to claim a priceless victory. I am now rated 98/100 at Team Wellington, and another O-League victory might see me become a club legend!!

Club World Championship

Board Expectation: Reach Playoff

My Expectation: Reach Playoff

So, after last season's O-League success, we got entered into the playoff round of the CWC. The winners of the playoff round (O-League winners vs Canadian Championship winners) enter the quarter-final (where other CL winners other than the UCL winners are entered) and the winners of that go on to the semi-final (where the UCL winners enter) with the losers entering the 5th place playoff. The semi-final winners contest the final, where a winner is decided. I think the draw for the playoff changes each time, but we faced Canadian Championship winners Vancouver in the playoff, and we got a surprise result, winning against a very dirty Vancouver side 2-1. Through we went to face Asian Champions League winners Al-Ahli (UAE), who were too strong for us in the end, winning 4-2. Being 3-0 down inside 14 mins is not a good feeling, and although we came close to a comeback in the second half, they were just too good and we faced NACL winners America in the 5th placed playoff. Once again, we faced stronger opposition, and although we fought even more bravely this time, we suffered a 3-2 defeat. Despite these 2 losses, I'm proud of the team as underdogs, and we have learned a couple of lessons from this tournament. Onwards and upwards!! :) 

O-League

I really wanted to retain the O-League to leave on a high, and I was wanting to go one step further than the board's expectations, as so often is the case in this tournament. We qualified from our group, although I'm a little disappointed how close it was. The 2-2 draw with KOSSA was the main cause for concern, although, at the end of the day, we're into the semi-finals where we will face one of 2 other teams from New Zealand remaining in the competition, Canterbury United.

Spoiler

Leg 1: Canterbury United 1-1 Team Wellington We recovered well from a shock 1st minute goal, but I'm very disappointed with the draw and unimpressed with our 1 shot on target in the whole match. Could we improve in the second leg and secure a place in the final?

Spoiler

Leg 2: Team Wellington 2-0 Canterbury United (3-1 agg) An effective second leg performance saw us run out 2-0 winners on the night, and secured a 3-1 aggregate victory. We dominated this time, and two goals either side of half time did the damage for us. Auckland City bludgeoned Amicale in the 2nd leg, winning 9-0: 11-0 on aggregate!! Could I leave on a high with another trophy? Or would Auckland break my heart and get their trophy back??

This is it. Two matches left, and 180 minutes away from glory or despair. Would I leave on a high or a low? And would I claim a place in the list of Team Wellington club legends?? The first leg of the O-League final was at David Farrington Park...

Spoiler

Leg 1: Team Wellington 4-1 Auckland City WHAT A RESULT! We dominated throughout, with 24 shots and 9 on target, and it showed as we put 4 past a lacklustre Auckland City side. They could've equalised with an early penalty, but they failed to take advantage and ultimately, it cost them dearly. We had effectively sealed the O-League title with this performance- surely we couldn't bottle it now?!?!

Spoiler

Leg 2: Auckland City 4-2 Team Wellington (5-6 agg) We survived. Just. Auckland, needing to win by 3 clear goals, surged into a 2 goal inside 11 minutes, putting us under immense pressure. We restored parity shortly afterwards, but two second half goals from the hosts levelled things up on aggregate. They continued to dominate and threaten our goal, but Lopez was our hero as his late goal sealed his brace and our aggregate victory. 

So, I would indeed leave on a high, retaining the treble and becoming a club legend. I became very attached to this club during my 3 years here, and it will be sad to leave. However, I tendered my resignation shortly after seeing an interesting job become available, and I got an interview. I attended, and I actually got a job offer!! They're from Hong Kong, they came third in the league and they're...

Eastern

My new club is Eastern, from the Hong Kong Premier League. They were predicted to win the league last season, and clearly 3rd place was not good enough for the board last season. I am aiming to give the board exactly what they want next season, and hopefully I can win some cups too. I'm not entirely sure how the league and cups work yet (and there's a LOT of cups) but I will explain those when I do next season's review.

Well, that's all for club. Onto country!!

U.A.E

Fixtures (Part 1) | Fixtures (Part 2) | WCQ TableWAFF Championship (Part 1) | WAFF Championship (Part 2)

A successful WAFF Championship campaign in the end, as I lifted my first silverware as a national team manager and as UAE manager. Meanwhile, we kept up the pressure on Iran, Australia and Jordan by winning, winning and winning- if we can match or better Iran's result away at Thailand when we host Australia, we will qualify for the World Cup; however, if Iran better our result, automatic qualification or a place in the playoffs will all come down to a trip away to Iran themselves. World Rankings-wise, we have seen a dramatic increase from 102nd when I first took over, to an astonishing 41st- my highest was 40th but 41st is still incredible. We are higher than Ukraine, Poland, Sweden, Ireland, Norway, Northern Ireland and Iceland to name a few!!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you managed to read it without falling asleep ;) I'll see you next time for a review of season 6, unless there's any changes to the national team!! :) 

CLUB

Season   | Club             |League pos. | Continental qual.    | Cont. achievements   | Trophies won   |
2016/17  | Solomon Warriors | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | N/A (didn't qualify) | League Title   |
2017/18  | Solomon Warriors | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | Semi-finalists       | League Title   |
2018/19  | Team Wellington  | 2nd        | Yes (2nd in league)  | Finalists            | None           |
2019/20  | Team Wellington  | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | WINNERS!!            | Charity Cup, O-League, NZP |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21  | Team Wellington  | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | WINNERS!!            | Charity Cup, O-League, NZP |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team                       | Tourn. qual    | World ranking (end of season) | Trophies won    |
2016/17 | N/A                        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team)                 | N/A (no team)   |
2017/18 | N/A                        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team)                 | N/A (no team)   |
2018/19 | United Arab Emirates       | N/A (no quals) | 102nd                         | None (no qual)  |
2019/20 | United Arab Emirates       | Gulf Cup       | 61st                          | None            |
2020/21 | United Arab Emirates       | WAFF Champ.    | 41st                          | WAFF Champ.     |

TROPHIES WON

2/25 League Titles (Solomon Islands x2; New Zealand x2)
0/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies (O-League x2)

2 hours ago, arca said:

Very interesting and a lot of fun i think when i read all your experiences, i will start this challenge soon too.

Awesome! I look forward to reading your story :) 

Oh! I almost forgot! My google maps journey from Team Wellington to Eastern is a fairly lengthy one, and here it is :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Season 6! A season update will come tomorrow morning :) Depending on how tired I am, I might do a slightly less detailed update as there is a LOT to cover! A simple screenshot of the cup/league table and a small description may have to do for each competition I'm afraid!!

Eastern

So, my first season in charge of my new team. There are lots of cups involved, as well as the league, and I will go through the format of each as I get to them. There are 2 cups that count towards the challenge, however, should I win both, I will only count one as I want to win one in each country if possible. Let's get right into it!!

Hong Kong Community Cup

My Expectation: Win It

The Hong Kong Community Cup is the Community Shield of Hong Kong. It consists of the league winners and cup winners, although I'm not sure which cup!! We faced South China in this one, and we won 2-1 despite having to call up a youth player in defense and in goal, and playing an un-natural striker. So, we were off to a good start. Next up, the cups- I'll leave the league 'til last ;) 

Hong Kong Senior Shield

Unlike my time at Team Wellington, largely due to the presence of Auckland City, I wanted to win everything here at Eastern, and after beating last year's league champions South China, I believed we were more than capable of doing so. We entered in the first round, and despite requiring extra time on 2 occasions, and winning by one goal to nil on 3 occasions, we scraped home to win the cup!! 2 down, 2 to go...

Hong Kong League Cup

Cup 3 of 4 now, and it's the League Cup. There are 3 groups with 3 teams, and each team plays two games. The top team from each group qualifies for the 3rd round (aka the semi-final) while the teams that don't qualify enter the first and second rounds. The team that wins the second round gets 'redemption', and enters the 3rd round along with the group winners. We won our group, and qualified for the semi-finals. Rangers (HGK) were the team that qualified from the first and second rounds, and we beat them 3-0 to set up a final clash with Kitchee. Could we make it 3 out of 3? Kitchee had smashed South China 5-0 in the other semi-final, so it was going to be tough...

Spoiler

Eastern 3-1 Kitchee Easy. We fell behind shortly before half time, but equalised after 3 minutes to go into the break at 1-1. It was a relatively close match,but we secured the victory- and the cup-  with 2 second-half goals. Champions x3- only 1 more cup to go!!

Hong Kong Sapling Cup

This cup has 2 groups of 5 in the first round, with the top 2 from each group qualifying for the semi-final stage. We won our group with ease and qualified for the semi-final, where we faced Kitchee, who we beat in the League Cup final later on in the season. Would our League Cup victory be revenge for defeat in the Sapling Cup, or merely another cup in the bag?

Spoiler

Kitchee 1-0 Eastern Unfortunately, it wasn't to be as we tasted defeat for the first time in cup competition. We dominated throughout, with the majority of possession and shots, but they scored early and held on to claim victory. Even worse, Kitchee went on to lose to South China in the final, so we can't even say we lost to the winners!!

Hong Kong Premier League

Board Expectation: Around top of League

Once again, I aimed to win as we began this 11 team league. Each team plays the others home and away for 20 games in total, with the winners qualifying for the Asian Champions League and the runners-up and third-placed team qualifying for the Asian Confederations Cup (the Europa League of Asia). Unbelievably, we absolutely ACED the league, finishing 17 points clear of our nearest rivals, Kitchee. As you can see from the league table, we also finished the league unbeaten, which you can see quite clearly in this copy of our league fixtures. For me, Hong Kong is conquered regarding the league and cups. However, there's still continental football to play...

Asian Confederation Cup

Board Expectation: Reach Group Stage

My Expectation: Reach Second Round

The Asian Confederations cup works much like the Europa League, with lots of teams contesting qualifying rounds- the winners of the qualifying rounds enter a 32-team group stage. There are 8 groups of 4 teams, with 6 games played per team. The top two qualify, and the round of 16 draw works a bit like the World Cup- 1st in Group A plays 2nd in Group B, 2nd in Group B plays the winner of Group A, and so on. The board don't expect us to get past this stage (the stage where we enter!) but I expect to go one better and get through the group stages.

The 2nd Round is a 1-legged tie, with the winners entering a random draw for the quarter-final. However, the quarter-final is played in September next season. I have no idea why, but it makes the tournament a bit different to European continental competition. I hope that clears things up- let's get right into it! We were drawn in Group H along with Kelantan from Malaysia, Yadanarbon from Burma/Myanmar, and Tampines from Singapore. We were not expected by the media nor the board to get through the group stages, but we defied expectations to top our group and finish unbeaten. The results speak for themselves!

Through to the Second Round we went, where we faced Group H runners-up Felda United, also from Malaysia. We won, to set up a quarter-final clash with April 25 of... dun dun DUUUUUN... THE MIGHTY NORTH KOREA! Hopefully we can get past them!

My Future at Eastern

It's fair to say that I've done all that is needed to be done domestically at Eastern. However, we are in the Asian Confederation Cup quarter-final, and we still have a small chance of winning that (although I don't really know how strong the other teams are!) Realistically, we are not going to win the Asian Champions League, which we will be entered in following our Confederation Cup campaign, so I will most likely resign as soon as we get knocked out (or win!?) the ACC. It would mean a shorter spell here than at Team Wellington (3 seasons) and Solomon Warriors (2 seasons) but I feel like I need to move on so I can win more trophies. I am most likely going to stay in Asia and fight for the Asian Champions League, but if a good job comes up in Africa I will take it. 

It's been good at Eastern, but this is a journeyman save and, at the end of the day, all I care about is winning these 70 trophies as part of the challenge. Obviously, I might change my mind yet, but I don't see myself winning the ACL here and I only have a slim chance of winning the ACC. I will continue to give my best for Eastern, however, until the time comes that I have to leave.

Well, that was a fairly lengthy update! Now onto the U.A.E, where I might just be participating in a small tournament called the World Cup...

United Arab Emirates

Gulf Cup | WCQ |

Gulf Cup champions! I expected a strong showing in the competition and my players did not let me down, beating Saudi Arabia 1-0 in the final with a first-half penalty. We also finished the job in World Cup Qualifying; Iran lost to Thailand, opening the door for us. We took advantage and drew 1-1 with the Aussies, which saw us qualify for the World Cup with a game to spare.

World Cup 2022

FA Expectation: Reach Group Stage

My Expectation: Reach Group Stage (but maybe push for 2nd!!)

The World Cup draw was quite tough for us, pitting us against 2010 winners Spain, Serbia and Nigeria. However, I was quietly confident as we warmed up with a couple of pre-tournament friendly defeats. The first match was the toughest, as we faced Spain. We played well in the first half, but suffered in the second as we fell to a 2-0 defeat. Not to worry though, as we were back on track against Serbia, and I must say I didn't expect this pasting that we dished out to the Serbs. If Spain beat Serbia, we would qualify no matter what happened, but we wanted to avoid defeat to Nigeria and secure our passage without having to rely on other results. And a win we got! Serbia lost 2-1 to Spain so we were already through, but we confirmed it with an effective performance. Unfortunately, in group F, the two qualifying teams were Portugal and Germany (the reigning champions). We got a bit lucky and drew Arsene Wenger's Portugal, but we were no match for them as they emerged victorious 2-1. However, I'm very proud of the boys as we put on a very good showing and defied all expectation to reach the Round of 16 Stage. Belgium went on to win the World Cup, beating Brazil 5-2!!

A few top jobs came available after the tournament, including France, Portugal, Argentina and Chile but we got rejected each time. Surely a World Cup round of 16 place, a spot in the top 40 of the World Rankings, a Gulf Cup win and a WAFF Championship win should be enough? Hopefully, I can win the Asian Cup 2023 to boost my repuation even more.

Thank you for reading this essay and I hope you enjoyed my Season 6 Review!!

NEXT TIME:

• Season 7 review as I discuss how we fared in the league, different cup competitions and the Asian Confederation Cup/Asian Champions League- but do I end the season at Eastern?
  • The next WAFF Championship begins in December, and we enter as reigning champions- can the U.A.E do it again?
  • The Asian Nations Cup also starts next season, with the first games played in January. Will we emerge victorious to enhance our reputation?
  • Will we take over a new international job? I will run through any potential jobs and any accepted ones if there are any!!

Find out the answers to all of these questions in my next season review. Thank you once again for reading!! :) :cool:  ;)  :D  :lol:  :thup: 

CLUB

2020/21  | Team Wellington  | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | WINNERS!!            | Charity Cup, O-League, NZP |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22  | Eastern          | 1st        | Yes (league winners) | Quarter-finals       | Comm. Cup, HKP, FA Cup, League Cup |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL

2020/21 | United Arab Emirates       | WAFF Champ.    | 41st                          | WAFF Champ.     |
2021/22 | United Arab Emirates   | WC, WAFF, ANC, GC  | 33rd                          | Gulf Cup        | 

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles (Solomon Islands x2; New Zealand x2, Hong Kong x1)
1/25 Domestic Cups (Hong Kong x1)

5/70 COMPLETED

• 3 weeks later...

So a quick Update here. 

After resigning from the Peruvian club, I was hoping to make the cut into Argentina, but that did not happen. All the clubs thought that I was of a very low calibre.

So, I went on to take the Senegal Job. The squad was not very good, and we did not make much of a cut in the African cup of  nations, Ending third in our group

Aa1kMg9.png

Luckily, Egypt fired their head coach, and I got that job. We were all set for the World cup qualifiers.

3XRXEgG.png

iuvyCNE.png

Easy, though I would have wantod to not lose to Congo.

The world cup itself, though, was no less than a dream.

OpHz8KX.png

hGESjXK.png

We have another cup on nations coming up. Hopefully, we will do better that last time

• 2 months later...

I'm going to jump in on this. I won't be able to start until I get home from work tonight though. I've decided to have Bermuda, Dominican Republic, Panama and Luxembourg as playable from the start. My manager is going to be from some obscure country in the hopes of getting regens from that nation. Plan on winning at least 1 of the top league or cup in a country before resigning.

Is there a 'rule' you can't apply for jobs whilst in work or we have to wait to be offered the job before leaving like on some other challenges?

20 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I'm going to jump in on this. I won't be able to start until I get home from work tonight though. I've decided to have Bermuda, Dominican Republic, Panama and Luxembourg as playable from the start. My manager is going to be from some obscure country in the hopes of getting regens from that nation. Plan on winning at least 1 of the top league or cup in a country before resigning.

Is there a 'rule' you can't apply for jobs whilst in work or we have to wait to be offered the job before leaving like on some other challenges?

Don't mean to stick my nose in, because it's not my thread, but I'd love to see this take off again, so I'm pretty sure you can apply for whatever jobs you want.

On 8/4/2017 at 08:28, vikeologist said:

Don't mean to stick my nose in, because it's not my thread, but I'd love to see this take off again, so I'm pretty sure you can apply for whatever jobs you want.

Well I'm starting it for sure. Started with Cyprus, Luxembourg, San Marino & Kazakhstan loaded as the lowest leagues from those nations will make it as realistic as possible. I have got a load of others as view only.

Gonna declare interest in as many as I can see where I start of at.

I've started with Sunday league rep, 30 years old and with Malta, Cyprus, Luxembourg and Kazakhstan leagues loaded. Declared interest and got an interview and job with Birżebbuġa in the Maltese second division.

We're predicted to finish 6th and the board have suad they want at least top half so I'm confident we can at least finish in or around 6th place. I'll post the squad and updates when I get on tonight.

After my last career save suffered the dreaded crashing syndrome, I might give this challenge a crack, I've loaded up the leagues for the 6 lowest ranked FIFA nations (Anguilla, Bahamas, Eritrea, Gibraltar, Somalia and Tonga), sunday league experience, no coaching badges.

Do I have to post updates in here or can I start another career update thread on that part of the forum?

22 hours ago, winterburnsilva said:

After my last career save suffered the dreaded crashing syndrome, I might give this challenge a crack, I've loaded up the leagues for the 6 lowest ranked FIFA nations (Anguilla, Bahamas, Eritrea, Gibraltar, Somalia and Tonga), sunday league experience, no coaching badges.

Do I have to post updates in here or can I start another career update thread on that part of the forum?

Iv restarted myself mate, going to try get success in Fiji before going back to Europe or Africa. I'm gonna do updates as and when on this thread but I guess if you're doing a separate thread I'll follow that and you could always link the update thread to this one? Good luck with the challenge!

Right third time lucky!! Started and got a job in Fiji as figured easiest champs league to get would be Oceiana but the schedule in Fiji is really bad, played 1 game then didn't have another for 40 something days! Started again without Fijio and got a job in Tahiti second division, looking at fixtures it seems a bit better in terms of no really big gaps. I'll post updates on this career as I go.

My biggest apologize for not responding here for ages. I fell totally out of interest for FM for a good half year. I will return now, but somewhat less interested than before.

Great progress for @Sankalan and @oohlala111  hope you will continue with this challenge again sometime.

@bigmattb28 hope you get lucky this time around.

@winterburnsilva you can post update here as often or seldom as you want, can see in your own post you have played a few seasons. Good luck in Albania, and hope you get success there too. A small note here just telling us how many seasons you have played and to what success would be appreciated though.

@vikeologist I also hope this challenge can kick off again, I will try to do a restart myself in a few days from now, as I think all my prior savegames in FM17 are gone.

@TheEarl I have played a few seasons in advance, and I'll be doing a very quick round-up of how I did shortly. I lost interest in long, detailed round-ups (as well as the challenge, at a point) so any future updates will be more brief; however, I will be continuing this save soon :D 

So, a quick round-up now of everything that's happened with my club and country!!

EASTERN ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION 2022-23 (Sacked 10 March 2023)

Hong Kong Premier League: 2nd

Senior Shield: WINNERS!

FA Cup: Semi-final

League Cup: Semi-final

Sapling Cup: Final

Season Playoff: WINNERS! (played after 10 March)

Community Cup: WINNERS!

HK-SH Championship: Final

Asian Confederation Cup: WINNERS!

Asian Champions League: Playoff

After being sacked due to applying for other jobs, I got the job at Wydad Casablanca of Morocco...

WYDAD CASABLANCA 2022-23 (Joined 10 March 2023)

Botola 1: WINNERS!

Coupe du Trone: Semi-final

African Champions League: semi-final

I then began my second season (and my first full season) in charge of Wydad Casablanca.

WYDAD CASABLANCA 2023-24 

Botola 1: WINNERS!

Coupe du Trone: WINNERS!

African Champions League: First Round

My third season in Morocco now, but would I end the 2024-25 season in Africa?

WYDAD CASABLANCA 2024-25 (Left 2 March 2025)

Botola 1: 2nd (1 match remaining)

Coupe du Trone: Final

African Champions League: Second Round (Second Round played after 2 March)

African Confederation Cup: Third Round First Leg (played after 2 March)

I decided to leave Casablanca in the middle of the 2024-25 season to join Al-Ahli of the UAE. Here's how I got on...

Al-Ahli (UAE) 2024-25 (Joined 2 March 2025)

Pro League: 2nd

President's Cup: First Round (played before 2 March)

Emirates Cup: Group Stage (played before 2 March)

Super Cup: WINNERS (played before 2 March)

Asian Champions League: Qualified from Group Stage

So, that's a roundup of my club career and competitions, now it's time for the international side of things!

United Arab Emirates Trophy Competition Round-up!

2022: World Cup Round of 16, WAFF Championship winners

2023: Asian Cup Round of 16, Gulf Cup of Nations winners

2024: WAFF Championship winners

That's all folks! I wrote a little bit more than I expected, but still not an essay. I hope to gain the motivation needed to continue this save very soon, so I can post more updates :D 

4/25 League Titles (Solomon Islands x2; New Zealand x2, Hong Kong x1, Morocco x2)
2/25 Domestic Cups (Hong Kong x1, Morocco x1)

TOTAL TROPHIES WON: 7/70

Provisional Leaderboards updated in the 3rd post on the first page of this thread. Please report if you find any errors...

Hope a few of you guys can pick up this game again.

Good luck to everyone!

Archived