A question for SI (or anyone who has encountered this). Takeover bids

I’m a newly appointed manager at Cheltenham Town in the Vanaram National League. After three games into the season I receive a news item telling me the club is the subject of a takeover bid.

Following a transfer embargo and much speculation, the club is then taken over by new owners. I then start getting news items about a potential new manager watching my games in the stands because its rumoured the new owners are keen to replace me with him.

My question is: does this actually ever happen? This speculation continues for around four or five games before the owners confirm that I will be kept on as manager. This is the first time I have encountered this in FMT and I found the speculation around my future to be really realistic and interesting. I wouldn’t have begrudged FMT if the new owners had sacked me.

If this doesn’t happen (because the developers would worry about a backlash from players) then that would be real shame.

22 hours ago, tommos16 said:

Happened to me when I got Chester promoted. They kept me, in the end, but gave me an ultimatum. Even though I'd won the national league with 98 points. 

So they didn't get rid of you straight away? They just set high season objectives?

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

But my question was could the new owners sack you without giving you a chance to prove yourself to them?

Because they'd want a high profile manager in charge of their money/team, so it is possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived