[FM17][SKIN][RELEASE] Blak v1.1 [UPDATED 20.12]

Qemyst

INTRODUCING BLAK - THE ALL-IN-ONE SKIN FOR FM2017

Based on the original skin, Elegance 16, by OzO @ FMEurope, this heavily modified skin introduces features such as backgrounds that recolour based on team/competition colours, perspective and minimalist style tactical pitches, fixes to the original skins bugs as well as new player and club overview screens courtesy of Vitrex, a whole bunch of original content and much more. Try it now, you wont regret it!!!

SCREENSHOTS:

dd2axpyoitmn5bt2g.jpg   9c6l4dl82724yh92g.jpg   rlwn167ik88a57e2g.jpg

364tn1k1439h8al2g.jpg   jum1fzdc1h0c37w2g.jpg   zkze6f5y1ts8w412g.jpg

11ouf9mdej8adhe2g.jpg   378xu85urox2e0r2g.jpg   m6debmi7oe7k15k2g.jpg

8s6a2y44hg8050p2g.jpg

INSTALLATION:

Extract the Blak folder to:

C:/Users/<yourusername>/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2017/skins

If this folder does not exist, create it.

CHANGELOG:

20/12/16 - Updated - v1.1:

Titlebar image changed to reflect the kit type of each team rather than having the Vitrex stripes.

Modified Club Overview Panel to display all image panels in the top four central panels for cleanliness

Modified competition news panel background from white to dark grey to keep in line with design spec

Changed all competition news panel text to light grey and SkyBoldFont for headers and white default font for body text

DF11 profile pic mod added (in Blak Mods folder, you must copy and overwrite any panels in the player folder)

Background images added to DF11 panels to make regens look in the same style

New prematch lineups panel

Commentary bar text changed to SkyBoldFont and made permanently grey instead of taking the teams second colour

13/12/16 - Initial Release - v1.0

CREDITS:

Emil Debski for the original player, club, nation and staff overview panels, World Map locator, the signature font and the BBC news panel and for inspiration.

Flut for basic panel layout for new prematch lineups

OzO for the base skin, Elegance 16, that I worked from.

Bantams for basic main menu layout.

wkdsoul for some coding help.

michaeltmurray for some coding help also.

PLEASE NOTE:

Even though I had the background selector I was getting some crash dumps caused during loading a game from the main menu. If you loaded another skin, loaded the game then loaded Blak again the backgrounds would work and caused no issues during play. However, due to the crash dumps caused I decided it was prudent to remove it

DOWNLOAD

I actually made a version of Vexillium for 15 and 16 but it totally went against the point of the original design and quite frankly looked bad. I highly doubt I'll be doing a version of that this year although I might have a go at porting a few more old skins again.

@handy500 In my opinion Andromeda looks too much like a mismatch of multiple skins rather than looking coherent as a design (totally subjective of course) whereas I wanted something that (while borrowing from different skins) looked like it's own design outright.

As for the backgrounds, if you dont like the way they adapt to the team you are/are viewing it is easy to remove.

Open Blak v1.0/panels/client_object/client object browser.xml in notepad and remove the following at the top of that file:

<!-- coloured title bar image -->
  <widget class="picture" id="colb" file="boxes/club/paper5" rthr="20">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>
    <!-- set the colour of the image to the team background colour -->
    <record id="object_property">
      <integer id="get_property" value="tbcl" />
      <integer id="set_property" value="colr" />
    </record>
  </widget>

If you wanted to keep the colour but dont want it to be so 'in your face' change this line:

<widget class="picture" id="colb" file="boxes/club/paper5" rthr="20">

To this:

<widget class="picture" id="colb" file="boxes/subsection/standard/paper" rthr="20">

23 hours ago, Qemyst said:

I actually made a version of Vexillium for 15 and 16 but it totally went against the point of the original design and quite frankly looked bad. I highly doubt I'll be doing a version of that this year although I might have a go at porting a few more old skins again.

OzO made a skin called "French Touch", I think it was for FM14 if I'm not mistaken. Might be worth porting as an old skin. 

@Pointless I'm guessing its only a problem in the titlebar or anywhere the capitalised font is used? Its because the font file I used is a .ttf that doesn't include accent characters. Will see if I can find a similar font that includes them.

3 hours ago, Qemyst said:

@Pointless I'm guessing its only a problem in the titlebar or anywhere the capitalised font is used? Its because the font file I used is a .ttf that doesn't include accent characters. Will see if I can find a similar font that includes them.

Thank you :) I'm wait :)

Updated Blak to version 1.1:

Titlebar image changed to reflect the kit type of each team rather than having the Vitrex stripes.

Modified Club Overview Panel to display all image panels in the top four central panels for cleanliness

Modified competition news panel background from white to dark grey to keep in line with design spec

Changed all competition news panel text to light grey and SkyBoldFont for headers and white default font for body text

DF11 profile pic mod added (in Blak Mods folder, you must copy and overwrite any panels in the player folder)

Background images added to DF11 panels to make regens look in the same style

New prematch lineups panel

Commentary bar text changed to SkyBoldFont and made permanently grey instead of taking the teams second colour

Screenshots:

qf5v91m13c7fc8w2g.jpg3hldf79x5wgwv902g.jpg6j103vd29aeosqa2g.jpg

ai2mcrbcjj7jhjl4g.jpglxh44pkduabp8o44g.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK IN THE OP

I really loved Elegance in previous years so I was hoping someone would do this, but this skin crashes the game for me (no crash dump, just an "FM has stopped working" error) when I try and load a game while using it, or finish creating a new one, or switch to it while a game is loaded.

I'm running at a low resolution (1440x900) while I'm waiting for my new monitor to arrive, would that possibly cause it to do that?

Absolutely no idea @Dallan the only time I had crash dumps or Fm shut down on me was before I released the skin and was caused by the background selector. I also run at 1440x900 so resolution isn't an issue either. Have you tried clearing your skin preferences or removing and redownloading the skin? And it was me that did Elegance Rebooted back in FM15.

Haha, so you did! I didn't recognize the name at first, awesome job both years and thanks! 

I ended up trying both: cleared the skin cache and re-downloaded the skin, and it works just fine now. Kind of a shame it doesn't have instant result, but I suppose that once I get a working monitor again I can mod it in myself like I did for the 15 version. :)

Yeah instant result is ridiculously easy to add yourself. Its not and has never been an official part of full fat FM and has had its issues in the past so I never include it as default but can add the files as a mod in the next update. (If you dont beat me to it ;) )

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2016 at 23:58, Dallan said:

I really loved Elegance in previous years so I was hoping someone would do this, but this skin crashes the game for me (no crash dump, just an "FM has stopped working" error) when I try and load a game while using it, or finish creating a new one, or switch to it while a game is loaded.

I'm running at a low resolution (1440x900) while I'm waiting for my new monitor to arrive, would that possibly cause it to do that?

Yup, this crashes game for me also, instantly, on new career start @ 3440x1440 res.

Archived