Sports Interactive Community

I finally decided to buy the newest version of FM, after have been playing FM 14 for the last couple of years. However, I am experiencing something strange...

I started a career with Arsenal and some players, who are still relatively young e.g. the OX (23) and Aaron Ramsey (25), are getting -1 in all their abilities, despite playing a lot of games. I'm only 4 months in the 16/17 season so I don't understand why this is happening. I have never experienced this in FM 14. Don't think its due to my training because my lead coaches range from 4 - 5 stars and the coach workloads range from light - average. Training intensity ranges from medium - high, depending on the match frequency.

The strange thing for me is that the players who are decreasing all get -1 in all abilities: technical, mental and physical. But when I look at players who are injured for serveral months like Mertesacker and Gabriel they don't decrease in their abilities. 

Could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong. I'm very tempted to download the ingame editor and "fix" it. 

Thanks in advance :)

What is your overall training set at? - Balanced or something else.

In general though attributes always fluctuate during a season, they might drop slightly one month & then go up again the next month.  Unless you have straight down red arrows you are only talking about a change of 0.1 or 0.2.  It could be that the players are playing too much or simply aren't putting much into training.

Another reason could be that the players are learning a new position or that your training is unbalanced.  This means that the CA needs to be redistributed which means some attributes have to go down before others go up or to match the CA of the player.

Overall I really wouldn't worry about it.

As a base make sure the coaches workload is light and set your training to balanced.

I often get random months where players regress, tbh.

Just click on the attributes and you'll see a graph, which will show whether its really a four month decline, or whether its just a dip

3 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

What is your overall training set at? - Balanced or something else.

In general though attributes always fluctuate during a season, they might drop slightly one month & then go up again the next month.  Unless you have straight down red arrows you are only talking about a change of 0.1 or 0.2.  It could be that the players are playing too much or simply aren't putting much into training.

Another reason could be that the players are learning a new position or that your training is unbalanced.  This means that the CA needs to be redistributed which means some attributes have to go down before others go up or to match the CA of the player.

Overall I really wouldn't worry about it.

As a base make sure the coaches workload is light and set your training to balanced.

Okay I see. I'm only getting the "slightly red pointing down arrows". A contributing factor could be that I have been focusing on tactics in general training and not the balanced option. I'm switching back now. I just found it very strange that it was consequently all attributes that decreased the same amount. Still learning the new ingame layout, so I could not find the graph that showed you that it was "only" a decrease by 0.1. 

Thanks for the help :)

2 hours ago, ArsenalFever said:

A contributing factor could be that I have been focusing on tactics in general training and not the balanced option.

Keep in mind that focusing on tactics in general training means focusing on their tactical attributes, like positioning and anticipation, it does nothing for getting them used to your tactics.

But yea, attributes fluctuate a bit, nothing to worry about. The graphs when clicking on one are very helpful.