Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
memarcusjoe

8 Year Contract Extensions

Does anyone know why I can't offer an 8 year extension to any of my players?  The max I can click up to in the contract negotiation is 7 years.  What am I missing?

15 hours ago, memarcusjoe said:

Does anyone know why I can't offer an 8 year extension to any of my players?  The max I can click up to in the contract negotiation is 7 years.  What am I missing?

It does seem that you should be able to offer your own players an 8 year contract when re-signing them (second paragraph https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-nhlpa-sign-collective-bargaining-agreement/c-649967

8 years is the current max contract extension length under the new CBA for your own players.  I know in my current save that there are few players on various CPU controlled teams where players have been signed to 8 year extensions, so that their contract is for a total of nine years (current contract  + 8 year extension), so the new CBA rule is in the game.  Maybe it's a bug and only CPU controlled teams can offer the 8 year extension?  Have you guys tried offering 8 year extensions to your players?

4 hours ago, memarcusjoe said:

Have you guys tried offering 8 year extensions to your players?

I have not; I've worked on the TBL Rosters and creating retro databases for years, and that's how I spend most of my "EHM time"