When do players acknowledge your promotion

Quick question that I haven't been able to find the answer to.

If I get promoted, at what point do players not already at the club recognise that I have been promoted? Obviously, I would want to start looking for new players to strengthen my squad as soon as I know I am going up but I don't want to agree to sign my new players at that point if there is potentially a group of players who will recognise that I will be playing a league higher next season and be interested in joining but they don't recognise this until a later date.

Hope that makes sense!

Good question. The answer could really impact on my transfer policy!

Slight aside, just on transfer policy ... in recent iterations of FM teams are allocated their budgets at the time their fate is sealed. i.e. if you seal automatic promotion, or champions league qualification with 10 games to go, the board will give you your budget, whilst teams in the playoffs or not yet secure of top 4 do not have a budget. It's during this phase I find I can pick up the best bargains, because other teams have no 'new' money to spend so seem to accept bids more readily. I particularly look to spend my budget earlier than later if i'm a team being promoted, as I find teams from league above will oft have reasonably good players transfer listed towards the end of the season, sometimes only up until they get their budgets.

Archived