Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Linie

Clubs with foreign player base

Recommended Posts

Hello,

i am looking for a challenge and a little excitement. I`ve noticed that there are some clubs in the playable nations which sport a complete foreign player base without the "based nation" nation being set to that nation (like F.C. Andorra, San Marino Calcio) or city being set there..

Examples are Espagnol Lausanne (Switzerland, complete Spanish) and Africanos braganca (Portugal, complete Cape Verde). This isn´t even editable and besides i dabble sometimes in FMT. Those clubs are usually lower league.

If someone stumbles across such an example in the game i would appreciate it if you tell me, as looking for those clubs is quite tedious.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Linie said:

Thank you, perfect. And no shame at all, always possible to swap teams. :)

Exactly. Is FC Romania actually coded to have only Romanian nationals? I notice in my database they start off with greyed out Romanians.

Also in the lowers levels are some Sikh clubs, but I expect that's a coding matter too far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, only Romanians, 100% Romanian youth intake and players are born abroad. I checked two of the clubs you mentioned, no luck. Found some Turkish clubs in Germany as expected and Croatia Berlin. In Switzerland there is a club called Kosova Zürich with an Albanian squad. There are more Kosova clubs and Bosnia around in Austria and Sweden. I hoped especially in Sweden that one would feature foreignes, but no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an all-Japanese team in Singapore League, and a team in Hong Kong Premier League is effectively the youth team of Guangzhou R&F, a team in Chinese Super League.

If you manage to get a Japan football league structure, there's a FC Korea with mainly Koreans, playing in the Kanto Soccer League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atletico Bilbao had a rule that most players had to be Basque. They've relaxed it a bit, but still worth a try. That's Spain first division! :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Linie said:

Yes, only Romanians, 100% Romanian youth intake and players are born abroad. I checked two of the clubs you mentioned, no luck. Found some Turkish clubs in Germany as expected and Croatia Berlin. In Switzerland there is a club called Kosova Zürich with an Albanian squad. There are more Kosova clubs and Bosnia around in Austria and Sweden. I hoped especially in Sweden that one would feature foreignes, but no.

Brexit sounds like it would be great for FC Romania....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pjbork said:

Brexit sounds like it would be great for FC Romania....

I cant even wrap my head around the husle to get wp for them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, a.panda said:

There's an all-Japanese team in Singapore League, and a team in Hong Kong Premier League is effectively the youth team of Guangzhou R&F, a team in Chinese Super League.

If you manage to get a Japan football league structure, there's a FC Korea with mainly Koreans, playing in the Kanto Soccer League.

Thank you. Problem with Albirex (S) and DPMM in Singapore is they can`t qualify for continental cups and I want to take a team all the way of course. Not sure about the team in Hong Kong.

Quote

Brexit sounds like it would be great for FC Romania....

That might be an issue.^^ Depends on your play style how big. Their youth setup is basic, meaning if you don`t play that strict the majority of the squad would be filled with English players after a while anyhow.

 

There is a team called KF Afrika (or similar) in Iceland. Oddly enough all the players are Polish. Don`t know what i was expecting. :rolleyes:

Quote

Atletico Bilbao had a rule that most players had to be Basque. They've relaxed it a bit, but still worth a try. That's Spain first division! :thup:

Athletic is always fun of course, especially if you have France playable and help a club like Aviron Bayonnais, which produces french Basque players . My aim with the clubs i am looking for is in the best case scenario to support a national team outside of the larger ones as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Linie said:

There is a team called KF Afrika (or similar) in Iceland. Oddly enough all the players are Polish. Don`t know what i was expecting. :rolleyes:

Priceless!  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Linie said:

Thank you. Problem with Albirex (S) and DPMM in Singapore is they can`t qualify for continental cups and I want to take a team all the way of course. Not sure about the team in Hong Kong.

With Chinese players in Hong Kong, they only take 2 years to get Hong Kong status, allowing them to play in continental competition.  Using your foreign player slots to nab talented Chinese players is a standard part of managing a Hong Kong team in FM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, suncrush said:

With Chinese players in Hong Kong, they only take 2 years to get Hong Kong status, allowing them to play in continental competition.  Using your foreign player slots to nab talented Chinese players is a standard part of managing a Hong Kong team in FM.

Note--the Shared Nationality Rules work with the following:

China (China, Hong Kong, Macau.)

USA (USA, Puerto Rico, USVI, Guam, American Samoa)

Denmark (Denmark, Faeroe Islands)

France (France, Tahiti)

Netherlands (Netherlands, Aruba, Curacao)

New Zealand (New Zealand, Cook Islands)

Britain (England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland, Anguilla, Bermuda, BVI, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos.)

 

In the case of Britain, the Home Nations Agreement precludes the use of the Shared Nationality Rule to bring players into national teams, but I don't think it binds Gibraltar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Vaduz (Liechtenstein) in the Swiss league?

And I remember reading something about them being unable to qualify for CL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eple said:

What about Vaduz (Liechtenstein) in the Swiss league?

And I remember reading something about them being unable to qualify for CL.

It's virtually impossible.  They get a quasi-automatic Europa League slot as the Liechtenstein representative, but as they are not a Swiss team, they cannot qualify for the Champions League, even if they win the Swiss League.  The only way to get them into the CL is to win the EL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suncrush said:

It's virtually impossible.  They get a quasi-automatic Europa League slot as the Liechtenstein representative, but as they are not a Swiss team, they cannot qualify for the Champions League, even if they win the Swiss League.  The only way to get them into the CL is to win the EL.

Unfortunately winning the EL gets every other team into CL, but not teams from Liechtenstein. Really hoped it would work this year, tested it, it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Linie said:

Unfortunately winning the EL gets every other team into CL, but not teams from Liechtenstein. Really hoped it would work this year, tested it, it doesn't.

Which is not the way it would work in reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, suncrush said:

With Chinese players in Hong Kong, they only take 2 years to get Hong Kong status, allowing them to play in continental competition.  Using your foreign player slots to nab talented Chinese players is a standard part of managing a Hong Kong team in FM.

Not sure if this is the case in the current version. I remember in FM15 that SI made mainland Chinese people unable to gain other nationalities, although this could be changed in the editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget all the Welsh clubs in England, Swansea, Cardiff, Newport County, Wrexham, or the reverse, The New Saints in the Welsh league(they have English intakes), you also have Berwick Rangers, an English club in Scotland.

There's an Italian and German team in Switzerland, but I don't remember their names. Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal are Canadians that play in the MLS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, a.panda said:

Not sure if this is the case in the current version. I remember in FM15 that SI made mainland Chinese people unable to gain other nationalities, although this could be changed in the editor.

If that applies to Hong Kong, it would be a bug.  Hong Kong and Macau are not separate nationalities, and Chinese nationals can absolutely acquire Hong Kong or Macanese status.

 

But, I will look it up in FM17 when I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, suncrush said:

If that applies to Hong Kong, it would be a bug.  Hong Kong and Macau are not separate nationalities, and Chinese nationals can absolutely acquire Hong Kong or Macanese status.

 

But, I will look it up in FM17 when I get home.

I understand this in terms of political views, but in FM Hong Kong and Macau *are* treated as separate nationalities. There used to be a shortened 2-year consecutive period for Chinese nationals to "gain" HK nationality and 5 years were needed for them to become eligible for national team. Then in FM15 FM decided that Chinese nationals cannot be of dual nationality (which is the case in real) and remove their ability to gain HK/Macau "nationality".

Given FM only has one tick-box for dual nationality options it seems impossible to allow HK/Macau citizenship/"nationality" only. But Hong Kong teams do not employ Chinese nationals IRL anymore and the last nationalised players was back in 2012 when the political tension wasn't as tight.

Too much off topic and I feel the need to contribute a bit more:

@Linie

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports_clubs_playing_in_the_league_of_another_country#Association_football here's a page you may find interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are two such teams in the Singapore S.League

Albirex Niigata Singapore FC (all players are from Japan)

Brunei DPMM FC (all players are from Brunei)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2016 at 19:08, Linie said:

Unfortunately winning the EL gets every other team into CL, but not teams from Liechtenstein. Really hoped it would work this year, tested it, it doesn't.

Again this year they didnt fix it??Thats very very bad...:(All this effort we made and nothing hapened...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/12/2016 at 23:00, Linie said:

Yes, only Romanians, 100% Romanian youth intake and players are born abroad. 

Monitoring FC Romania, I notice that whilst they start off with 100% Romanians, they bring in English players. By the third season there are very few Romanians in the full squad :(

It may be because I don't have Romania loaded up in my save though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2016 at 01:28, Linie said:

Thank you. Problem with Albirex (S) and DPMM in Singapore is they can`t qualify for continental cups and I want to take a team all the way of course. Not sure about the team in Hong Kong.

 

You could play in the AFC cup and if singapore ranking goes up to gain a place in the Asian Champions League, you could get in that and earn a place to the Club World Cup.

Would be a slow burn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams in Asian confederations with rosters of players from other nations cannot qualify for continental competitions, and wouldn't be able to meet the registration requirements if they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, suncrush said:

Teams in Asian confederations with rosters of players from other nations cannot qualify for continental competitions, and wouldn't be able to meet the registration requirements if they did.

Really, I was mistaken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similarly, Wellington Phoenix cannot qualify for any continental competition.  They are an OFC team in an AFC league, and as a professional team, do not participate in New Zealand's qualification for the OFC championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Monitoring FC Romania, I notice that whilst they start off with 100% Romanians, they bring in English players. By the third season there are very few Romanians in the full squad :(

It may be because I don't have Romania loaded up in my save though.

Since part-time teams like FC Romania are unable to sign players from abroad on FM, sadly there is no way to correctly replicate FC Romania in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Walshieboy750 said:

Since part-time teams like FC Romania are unable to sign players from abroad on FM, sadly there is no way to correctly replicate FC Romania in game.

Oh, I assumed FC Romania comprised of Romanian expats living in the London area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Oh, I assumed FC Romania comprised of Romanian expats living in the London area.

IRL they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the Liechtenstein teams problematic off not getting into CL if winning the EL really bugs me as well.

For FC Romania, i`d say trying to bring them up and than signing players from Romania is fine, as those would be expats than. One or two English players might be fine as well, as long as the majority remains Romanian. That is up to the individual player of course.

I haven`t found any other teams. Supposedly there is a Haitian team in Brazil starting next year. It is not added this year and i don`t know if it will be added, as they start very low of course. That would be a nice challenge. According to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports_clubs_playing_in_the_league_of_another_country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fyi, with 17.3 teams from Liechtenstein winning the EL will enter CL the next season and another Team from Liechtenstein will play in the EL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 17/12/2016 at 12:48, Linie said:

Yeah, the Liechtenstein teams problematic off not getting into CL if winning the EL really bugs me as well.

For FC Romania, i`d say trying to bring them up and than signing players from Romania is fine, as those would be expats than. One or two English players might be fine as well, as long as the majority remains Romanian. That is up to the individual player of course.

I haven`t found any other teams. Supposedly there is a Haitian team in Brazil starting next year. It is not added this year and i don`t know if it will be added, as they start very low of course. That would be a nice challenge. According to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports_clubs_playing_in_the_league_of_another_country

The Pérolas Negras are the team you are referring to and they have been added, the team are not playable though (play in Rio de Janeiro's lower leagues).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PMLF said:

 

The Pérolas Negras are the team you are referring to and they have been added, the team are not playable though (play in Rio de Janeiro's lower leagues).

I added their logo and moved them up to Serie C. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Linie said:

I added their logo and moved them up to Serie C. :-)

They have only two players in their squad in the database, so they probably will get quickly relegated in the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fc Chile sport all Chilean players and a couple of teams with Italian flag on the badge and Italian sounding names all Italian players are in the Swiss lower leagues if you have extended database can be fun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a couple of teams in the Swiss lower leagues with Italian or Croation or Albanian nationality, like Dordonia Lausanne, Azzurri Lausanne, Dordonia Basel, Kosova, NK Pajde, Prishtina Bern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sporting tel aviv is an israeli 5th division team based solely on players born in france. find it hard to believe it is coded in to the game, and they have virtually no chance of making it to a playable league. 

edit: FM17 all of the team's (grey) players aren't french.

Edited by itay.bing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweden has Assyriska, Syrianska and Dalkurd, but I guess their transfers policy is more of a "preference" to preserve the club's original identity than a strict policy, Bilbao-style.

ÍF Føroyar on the other hand is the club for Faroese players in the Danish football pyramid.

Edited by RBKalle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if you can edit what newgens a club gets in the database?

For example, could you edit Barcelona to get Argentinian newgens each year instead of Spanish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nie jem frytek said:

Just make them Argentinian club.

Wow never thought of doing this the posibilities are endless new Manchester team with Mexican regens? New spanish team with Eygptian regens? Whole new world just opened up thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...