Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
MeesterCat

Unable to load iCloud save after 8.0.2 update

Hi, 

I'm hoping someone can help.

Due to space issues I had to uninstall my original install of the 8.0 version in order to then install it with the new update. 

However I am now unable to access my existing iCloud saved even though I can see they are present in my storage settings.

Any ideas on how to get them back?

To be honest I don't think it's anything to do with today's update. Ever since IOS10 the iCloud feature has been a hit or a miss, sometimes my saves show absolutely fine (Saving between iPad Pro & iPhone 6s) but other times I need to close and open the app, turn iCloud on and off and restart my device before the iCloud save shows / loads. The reason I say it's IOS10 is because the save issues above happpend on FMM16 after IOS10 came out, before that the iCloud saves worked perfectly everytime :/ 

Ah, fair enough.  It seemed ok previously with IOS10, but since I posted yesterday I've noticed it's being very flaky with other applications as well;  I guess it was just a coincidence.  Annoying that my really good Villa save bit the dust though.

Hi,

Just to check, are both of your devices on the same iCloud version and up-to-date? Occasionally this sort of thing can be caused by one of them being out of sync, especially if it's happening with other apps as well. Also that both devices have the latest 8.0.2 update for the game?

I'd also try some of the troubleshooting tips AndrewDriver suggested to see if you can get them to re-appear. 

Cheers. :)

Hi Jamie, thanks for your reply.

The problem I'm describing is affecting a single device rather than two I'm afraid - I'm not syncing between devices, just trying to access the iCloud save on my iPhone. (To save 'local' storage as its only an 8GB model and space is tight.)

At this point I've bitten the bullet and started a new save. Saving to iCloud on this is very hit and miss, but at the same time I'm finding that same flakiness is affecting other apps, so it may well just be a coincidence that iCloud  is suffering issues at the same time I upgraded to 8.0.2.

I just installed it in Android and all my local saves are red. The large database option appears to be gone, too?