The Pride of the Pyrenees

shaunvamos

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2024/25 Youth Intake

F.C. Santa Coloma Youth Candidates_ Squad Players.png

An excellent intake which sees us get some much needed fullbacks, as both sides are weak at the moment.Juanfran Sanchez (YP9a)_ Overview Profile.png

This guy will slot straight into the first team, and with some luck his determination will get better.

Pedro Diez (YP9b)_ Overview Profile.png

Diez is also a RB, but I will train him in a LB role as he is facing some competition from Sanchez above.

Francisco Pascual (YP9c)__ Overview Profile.png

A keeper with a great personality here, will be a great understudy to Bragado (YP8a) for the time being.

15 minutes ago, shaunvamos said:

In that case, why didn't you let me win? I'm trying to turn pro here! 😂

I'm trying to win the Champions League here! :D You'll be happy to know though that in my game Norway has a direct qualification spot to the CL group stages now so Rosenborg shouldn't bother you anymore hehe

46 minutes ago, the--dud said:

I'm trying to win the Champions League here! :D You'll be happy to know though that in my game Norway has a direct qualification spot to the CL group stages now so Rosenborg shouldn't bother you anymore hehe

Just had a quick read of your save, progressing quickly through Europe! Shame about the Madrid draw though, but you beat Roma and Dortmund so a result is possible! In my save Rosenborg have never missed a European group stage, but they have also never progressed out of the groups.

7 minutes ago, shaunvamos said:

Just had a quick read of your save, progressing quickly through Europe! Shame about the Madrid draw though, but you beat Roma and Dortmund so a result is possible! In my save Rosenborg have never missed a European group stage, but they have also never progressed out of the groups.

Thanks! :D

I'll be posting an update later today on how the games against Real Madrid went.

2024/25 Season Review

Andorran First Division_ Overview Stages.png

Futbol Club Santa Coloma_  Senior Fixtures.png

Another year, another treble, and another unbeaten season. There's really not much else to say except bring on Europe!

Key Players

Futbol Club Santa Coloma_ History Best Eleven.png

Miguel Pardo (YP5a)_ Overview Profile.png

Another excellent season from Pardo, and now he has interest from clubs in Turkey and Greece. Luckily I have him on a long term contract that I keep extending every year so he doesn't get snapped up. He won all the awards he usually wins, and also became Andorra's highest ever goalscorer with 11. He was also rewarded with this:

Carlos Ventura_  Social Feed.png

This guy has come along in leaps and bounds, captain at just 20!

Nelson Carvalhinho (YP7a)_ Overview Profile.png

Finally I get to talk about the man with the excellent name. He had our highest average rating and was also the best in the league when it came to assists. At the pace he's developing at I think he could become better than Pardo, and that's saying something. This is highlighted by interest in him from top Greek club AEK Athens.

Luis Alberto Bestard (YP5b)_ Overview Profile.png

Bestard was our second best goalscorer (after Pardo), and was solid as ever. He has also been promoted to club icon alongside Pardo, and I have now become a club legend!

Other News

Lusitans lost 6-0 to Sarpsborg (NOR), Penya Encarnada lost 5-0 to Dudelange (LUX), and Sant Julia lost 5-0 to Viking (NOR). Norwegian clubs seem to be the bane of Andorra this year. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend.

The national team didn't win a single game this season, so hopefully I can step up and take that job soon.

Italy are the 2024 European Champions, with a 1-0 win over England. This years edition featured maiden appearances from Kosovo and Kazakhstan. They both didn't win a game, but Kosovo were a point off qualifying for the Round of 16.

The league reputation has been increased to 1*. I'm not actually sure what the league rep does. Does it attract better players to the league? If anyone knows I'd love to know!

Untitled.png

10 minutes ago, shaunvamos said:

The league reputation has been increased to 1*. I'm not actually sure what the league rep does. Does it attract better players to the league? If anyone knows I'd love to know!

The main thing about league rep, as far as I know, is that in some cases it prevents players (mainly ambitious personalities) from leaving because they want to play in a bigger league. It can also make it easier to sign better players, you know if you weren't doing a youth-only challenge. Other teams might find it slightly easier to sign players though.

It probably affects more things, I'm not an FM-oracle :p Maybe it affects the TV money and sponsorships to a degree as well?

3 minutes ago, the--dud said:

The main thing about league rep, as far as I know, is that in some cases it prevents players (mainly ambitious personalities) from leaving because they want to play in a bigger league. It can also make it easier to sign better players, you know if you weren't doing a youth-only challenge. Other teams might find it slightly easier to sign players though.

It probably affects more things, I'm not an FM-oracle :p Maybe it affects the TV money and sponsorships to a degree as well?

Thanks for contributing! I think it does affect TV money as it has steadily gone up as the ranking has increased. In 9 years it's gone up over 450k and the league ranking has gone up nearly a hundred spots.

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox-2.png

Apparently I missed the part where I start in the 2nd Round, even though in the qualification places tab it says we are the highest ranked nation to enter at the first round. Apparently it looks like the 2nd round is all that we will be playing this season too.

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox-3.png

Holy mother of God, we've only gone and done it! After an intensely fought away draw, I went in to the home leg keen to just shut up shop and hold on to that away goal, but Pardo had other ideas, netting the winner with 15 on the clock. A nervous few minutes followed, but when the final whistle blew we were through to the 3rd QR for the second time in our history!

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox-5.png

I think Poznan is stronger than Kobenhavn, but anything can happen when you play the might of Santa Coloma!

Congrats! København is the strongest (on paper) Scandinavian team in FM17 I think. Very impressive victory! :D 

Honestly I'm not so sure if Lech Poznan is any stronger than København..? I'd maybe rate them as roughly even.

Great progress so far! A lot of dedication must have gone into this! I've had the exact same situation with the Gibraltar save and the european qualification places, and also ended up in Andorra! Trying my luck with Atletic America at the moment. Question: have you ben able to figure out if the database allows for naturalizing players to play for Andorra? I'm not far enough in my save for clubs to buy players from abroad and check their eligibility, maybe some players in your save are on their way to become Andorran?! Would love to know! Cheers!

7 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

Huge win over Kovenhavn :D I think Poznan are weaker, personally. You could be going one step further...

7 hours ago, the--dud said:

Congrats! København is the strongest (on paper) Scandinavian team in FM17 I think. Very impressive victory! :D 

Honestly I'm not so sure if Lech Poznan is any stronger than København..? I'd maybe rate them as roughly even.

Kobenhavn are ranked 50th and Poznan are 211th, so I hope you're right!

4 hours ago, LoPizzo said:

Great progress so far! A lot of dedication must have gone into this! I've had the exact same situation with the Gibraltar save and the european qualification places, and also ended up in Andorra! Trying my luck with Atletic America at the moment. Question: have you ben able to figure out if the database allows for naturalizing players to play for Andorra? I'm not far enough in my save for clubs to buy players from abroad and check their eligibility, maybe some players in your save are on their way to become Andorran?! Would love to know! Cheers!

Thanks! Good luck with Atletic! Last time I checked it took something like 25 years to be naturalised in Andorra, so nothing doing there I'm afraid 😕

10 hours ago, shaunvamos said:

*snip*

10 hours ago, the--dud said:

League rep affects quite a few things. As has been pointed out, it plays a role in TV money, sponsorships, and the appeal of the league to players. It also acts as a limiter to the individual reps of the clubs in the league, plays a role in the upgrades the board will consider, affects the coaches that will join your club, promotes/discourages attendance, etc.

4 minutes ago, Ceching You Out said:

League rep affects quite a few things. As has been pointed out, it plays a role in TV money, sponsorships, and the appeal of the league to players. It also acts as a limiter to the individual reps of the clubs in the league, plays a role in the upgrades the board will consider, affects the coaches that will join your club, promotes/discourages attendance, etc.

Thank you! 

2025/26 Season Review

Andorran First Division_ Overview Stages.png

This was our toughest season yet. Lusitans had the audacity to turn pro, then proceeded to sign a couple players from Portuguese colonies (Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau, etc.). While it's good to see them turn pro, they have less money than I do yet the board refuses me. Lusitans have also upgraded their training and youth facilities, so I expect them to challenge us for years to come. I think that for us to turn pro we need to make the group stages of any European competition.

Key Players

Miguel Pardo (YP5a)_ Overview Profile.pngLuis Alberto Bestard (YP5b)_ Overview Profile.pngDiogo Oliveira (YP3k)_ Overview Profile.png

The usual two best players, plus Oliveira make up our top 3 for the season. Pardo again scoring more goals than appearances, and I've had to turn down offers for him from several Turkish clubs. I think I'll only sell him to a Portuguese or Spanish club, because those leagues are loaded and might prevent him from retiring early. Bestard was consistent as ever on the left wing, topping the assist charts and a reliable goalscoring backup. I don't know why Oliveira has such a high rating, but I'm happy he's been strong.

Other News

Lusitans lost 4-0 to Brondby (DEN), Sant Julia lost 6-0 to Zrjinski (BIH), and Encamp lost 5-1 to Slovan Bratislava (SVK), all in the Europa League 1st QR.

The National Team had it's best result ever, a 1-1 draw with 42nd ranked Wales, moving them up to a new high of 169th.

We also said goodbye to long serving midfielder Adam Smith:

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox.png

We've been rewarded for our great European performances:

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox-2.png

I will probably be doing a decade update soon, including the winners of the big leagues, European comps, possibly Golden Ball as well. I will include my Overall Best XI, and if there's anything else please do not hesitate to ask!

2016-2026 Decade in Review

English Premier League Winners

English Premier League_ History Past Winners.png

Spanish La Liga Winners

Spanish La Liga Santander_ History Past Winners.png

German Bundesliga Winners

German Bundesliga_ History Past Winners.png

French Ligue 1 Winners

Ligue 1_ History Past Winners.png

Italian Serie A Winners

Serie A TIM_ History Past Winners.png

Portuguese Superliga

Portuguese Liga NOS_ History Past Winners.png

No real surprises in 10 years, that's to be expected I guess.

Champions League Winners

UEFA Champions League_ History Past Winners.png

Europa League Winners

UEFA Europa League_ History Past Winners.png

Again, no real surprises here except maybe Porto winning the UCL so quickly. England have absolutely dominated the Europa League scene, winning 8 of the last 10.

World Player of the Year

World_ Awards Award Winners.png

Only one newgen has won the Ballon D'or, and here he is:

Max Breunig_ Overview Profile.png

He has played his whole career so far at Dortmund. That may change now that he has a high reputation.

Overall Best XI

Futbol Club Santa Coloma_ History Best Eleven.pngCarlos Ventura_  Inbox.png

A lot of familiar faces in that team. Marc Pujol is retired but has taken up a job as our B Team manager. Pastor (YP4b) was released by the club due to him wanting first team time, now all he's doing is sitting around waiting for someone to contact him.

It's been an eventful decade for the team, hopefully the next 10 bring even more successes!

28 minutes ago, Torminator said:

Wow i missed this career up until now. Great read and will be following. Nice intakes!

Now that your club rep has increased, can you ask to enhance youth recruitment? That will help a lot with the PA of your newgens.

Thanks for jumping on! 

Although our rep has increased, there's no option to upgrade the youth recruitment yet, but hopefully soon.

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox-3.png

Another incredible performance, at home Qarabag weren't allowed a single shot. This has been the best ever start to our Champions League run, not conceding in 4 games.

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox-4.png

Judging on our recent form, I'm really positive about our chances. We're coming for you Olympiakos!

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox-5.png

Oh.

My.

God.

We did it.

We actually did it.

We are in the Group Stages of a European competition. I'm speechless, especially how we did it being dominated for most of the match. I don't even care who we have next, I'm just looking forward to the money we are getting.

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox-6.png

That being said, let's give it a go and beat them anyway!

7 hours ago, Shevchenko said:

I bet you were really lucky being drawn against Rapid Wien and not some really tough opposition. But still, an incredible achievement!

I wish my board was so "yeah, here's a youth coaching upgrade"-ish... :( :D

Luck definitely had something to do with it that's for sure. I think Austria Wien were among the lowest coefficient that's were seeded. Basically the only reason we were able to upgrade the junior coaching was the fact that we always had money from the European competitions, and we wouldn't really lose any money during the season.

3 hours ago, LATB said:

game changer!

Definitely! Hopefully we can start to make inroads as the seasons go on.

As expected, we were thrashed. Probably thrown in at the deep end way too early. I guess we can blame favourable draws for this. But the good news is:

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox-13.png

After the money we got from the UCL there was really no denying this.

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox-14.png

The training facilities have gone from poor to basic now.

Youth Intake Day

Our weakest positions at the moment CA wise would be CB and CM, so they are the goals for this intake.

F.C. Santa Coloma Youth Candidates_ Squad Players.png

Francisco Borja Gallego (11a)__ Overview Profile.pngSebastiao Gomes (YP11b)_ Overview Profile.pngFrancisco Javier Pascual (11c)_ Overview Profile.png

Gallego is stuff Andorran dreams are made of. Look at that 19 determination! The other two will develop nicely I suspect, especially with these pieces of news:

Carlos Ventura_  Inbox-3.pngCarlos Ventura_  Inbox-4.png

Archived