DISRAELI GEARS - Knap FM17 Tactics - various formations

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last years were more 442 based - This year so far 442 is probably the weakest compared to narrow or 3 at back or up front. These tactics are also just based around a structured system so can be changed to  fit players available.

5 hours ago, knap said:

I don't usually use OIs and none were used in testing. I also do not set up any corner takers. 451, 4231 or perhaps Asymmetric .

Ok.thx.,where can i see the table with results of yours all tactics,and what is your best tactic in your opinion,,,thx.

Either Man City or Arsenal over 19 games, so possible 57pts, Tactic has pts total at end of name , so P53 would be in theory best tactic. However, the testing league is with real players and teams rather than a testing environment. so results are a bit more variable. Example below.

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-9.png

There is a TW tactic in the other thread - duty change. Defensive or counter may work with teams like West Ham and Attacking may need wide and deep and a drop in tempo. In general I would not recommend role and duty changes, as I try a number of options in testing . However, if you are happy to make changes or make tactic sets and get good results post up the details for others to try.

In general I play a complete season without changing tactic, except when a player gets sent off. However , last year I played a season with Margate changing to a new tactic every 5 games and still won the league, so there is no problem making changes.

3 hours ago, knap said:

Either Man City or Arsenal over 19 games, so possible 57pts, Tactic has pts total at end of name , so P53 would be in theory best tactic. However, the testing league is with real players and teams rather than a testing environment. so results are a bit more variable. Example below.

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-9.png

P 53- i dont anderstand.sorry for my poor english,link of the best tactic(p 53) plz.ill try it...

Sis? Not sure what you mean.

Basically, goals and match ratings are not great. Firmino has 4 goals in 16 games with 3 assists and a match rating of 7.12.

I've just changed the position to SS to see if it will help.

I have a question. I am using your 4-2-3-1 tactic. 

I think it is called KnapGD (that says it tactic screen)

I have amazing results with some average team (I play with Ac Milan but without buying, only using young players)

I will post my results here at the end of the season. 

But my question is this. 

Do you approve me sharing this tactic on other forum? On Fm-Base?

I would say it is yours and link it here. 

It is just they have some great tactic testings and I would like to test it there. 

It is by far best tactic I have used in this fm release. 

The tactics are set up on Zyndar's testing league. I am not aware of any good testing leagues yet, which are usually set up by Will . Mr L has a testing League but at the moment  that's not uploading. You are welcome to put it on the "tactics from other forums" thread if you are having good results.

On 06/12/2016 at 13:13, knap said:

There is a TW tactic in the other thread - duty change. Defensive or counter may work with teams like West Ham and Attacking may need wide and deep and a drop in tempo. In general I would not recommend role and duty changes, as I try a number of options in testing . However, if you are happy to make changes or make tactic sets and get good results post up the details for others to try.

In general I play a complete season without changing tactic, except when a player gets sent off. However , last year I played a season with Margate changing to a new tactic every 5 games and still won the league, so there is no problem making changes.

Thank you. TW tactic now part of the set up. Well done with these. They really are very good. Love that they can be adapted to fit the best players in any team you manage. I change tactics regularly, even in game sometimes, as the roles can be used to be more attacking or defending. 

Great stuff and thanks for sharing. 

OK a little post about my current game:

I really like the look of the asymmetric tactic and decided to use it mostly. I did that "thing" where you change names and unlock certain nations etc. Started off as Germany manager and in 2 years won the Confederations Cup and the World Cup.

From there I moved on to Athletic Club Bilbao (January 2019) but only lasted for 9 months even though I rescued a sinking ship and stabilised the club - took over with the team 17th in January, quite remarkably finished 6th. I was only 3 league games into the next season before I lost heart; I couldn't strengthen the squad in summer due to nobody better being available and knew very quickly that it was going to be a monumental struggle to achieve minimum expectations of finishing top 4.

I resigned and holidayed to May 2020 and had Schalke 04 approach me to be their manager. Being a Dortmund fan I was really very reluctant but eventually agreed to take over, and I am glad I did! They finished 7th the year before so there was no European football, but we absolutely sauntered to the league title, thrashing Bayern and Leverkusen 5-0 along the way, ultimately winning the title with a few games to spare at home against none other than Dortmund. I did feel a little dirty about it but also a huge sense of pride for being the man to win Schalke's first title since 1958. We set a new defensive record for the League (conceded 16), most clean sheets, biggest points haul for Schalke 04 with 85, won 27, drew 4, lost 3 (a draw and a defeat came after the title was secured and players didn't care any more).

The squad I have now (a few matches into season 2021/22) isn't vastly experienced or powerful, but we have 4 or 5 wonderkids in the first team and a good mix of talent and youth. We've played 15 matches so far this season including friendlies and conceded 2 goals altogether - we beat Dortmund (sorry lads) 4-0 in the Super Cup and in our opening game of the Champions League away to Real Madrid we drew 0-0 after dominating the game and hitting the woodwork 3 times, plus had 2 goals disallowed for offside (one of which was nonsense). We are flying. By far the best tactical setup I've ever used, and immensely strong defensively.

My only *minor* criticism is the sheer number of yellow cards, and I occasionally make minor adjustments to the tactic to keep a lid on the game but all said and done... I'm delighted. You sir are a genius.

I'm going to continue this game until my manager is old and grey (currently 41yrs old), moving to a new club if I get the sack/get itchy feet. Some people might argue that It's not really my management when I'm using someone else's tactic(s) but I'm a hands-on manager who loves to get really involved in all aspects of the game, I'm just tactically inept so you have opened up a whole new enjoyment for me. I genuinely love FM again because of these tactics. Thanks Knap, sincerely.

Asymmetric is my favourite formation which I used with Spurs last year. Not yet tested Asymmetric with OIs but helped with 4231,451 and 442.

Also now have a narrow diamond which won PL with West Ham.

I train the asymmetric formation in all 3 slots because I'm so impressed with it, any of the others I load up are almost totally fluid to begin with but I never use them.

Currently 19 matches this season, 17 wins, 2 draws, 0 defeats. Beat Bayern 3-0 away as well as some other very impressive wins... the only slight downer is that the board are just "very pleased" with my leadership, and I'm not even on the favoured personnel list yet when in reality I would be a Schalke 04 God for delivering that title so convincingly last season (the first in 63 years). Maybe it's because I'm a Dortmund fan in-game :D 

Depends on your best players, with Spurs I prefer Asymmetric to 4231, Arsenal are better at 442 tactics  then Man City. West Ham were better with 343 than 3412. I only use original squads so matching system and players rather than buy for a system. 

Archived