Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Teus

Any chance to filter out unrealistic UK work permit applicants?

Looks like the only way to know if player is able to gain UK work permit is trying to sign him.
If I remember correctly it was an opinion in previous FM's scout reports about chances to gain work permit. But in FM2017 I'm unable to find any kind of this in scout reports or player search filters. Is there any other way?

Thank you 

Scouting will tell you the chances of getting a work permit. I don't know if you can filter searches for this though 

6 minutes ago, edgar555 said:

Scouting will tell you the chances of getting a work permit. I don't know if you can filter searches for this though 

Knowledge level should be 100%? Can you please show some screens as I couldn't find any work permit related information in reports from my scouts.

2 hours ago, Dan Teus said:

I couldn't find any work permit related information in reports from my scouts

Your scouts should flag the issue; they usually say something like 'the club would struggle to gain a work permit' or 'a work permit is likely to be refused'. It usually comes up in the negatives list in the scout report.

If you're in Europe, you can filter by specific nationality or EU residents; I have no idea about work permit rules in other countries.

Just now, warlock said:

Your scouts should flag the issue; they usually say something like 'the club would struggle to gain a work permit' or 'a work permit is likely to be refused'. It usually comes up in the negatives list in the scout report.

If you're in Europe, you can filter by specific nationality or EU residents; I have no idea about work permit rules in other countries.

Yep, they should flag this but they don't. I remember this words about work permit in previous versions but I can't find them in the 17. 

I'm in England and trying to survive in Hard version of Brexit. 

Currently I'm filtering by "Nationality is UK" OR "Club based is in UK" but many players  are missed(e.g. international players that could get work permit and foreign players that were in UK clubs at the moment of Brexit) 

yeah this is irritating. i have never seen a scout report say that his player wont get a permit when i try to sign player all get permit rejected. 

It's definitely still there, a lot of times it's in the Pros column as says it would be rejected but likely to be accepted on appeal.

The scout advice is there but it's often wrong in my experience this year. I've had two signings in a row in which the scout (100% knowledge) said that the player would fail initially but 'probably' be accepted upon appeal. Neither was. I get that he said 'probably' but this advice point in the positive column always used to be accurate.

I think it's a bug, scouts always say the same thing it won't be accepted initially but probably be accepted upon appeal.I've never come across a scout that says work permit will be fail for this player.So I do not trust them even if they got %100 knowledge and 20-20 player scout ability.We need to inform mods to take consider on this issue.It's a bug.

I'm not sure if this is the same post in-game Brexit, but according to work permit rules at the moment, if:

• the transfer fee paid is high compared to other transfers in the league in the past 2 windows
  • the player would be one of the top earners in your club at the wages you've offered
  • the player is currently in a top 3 league or has played in Champions League, Europa League or Copa Libertadores in the last season

Then they are more likely to be accepted after appeal. 

I know this isn't a direct answer to the question, but if you cannot find anything about work permits and you think the player will require a work permit, it is more likely that he will be accepted if he meets the above criteria. Assuming it is the same post-brexit of course.

Ok, it's in the scout report but only if they got 100% knowledge. It seems to be strange as work permit rules (for initial and appeal situation) are pretty straightforward and shall be discovered earlier. 

Also it's only "Would probably fail the initial work permit application but has a good chance of being accepted upon appeal" for all players. I've failed to gain work permits for any of them. 

The appeals system in real life is like this. A player needs a certain amount of points to be recommended a work permit (I think 4 is the minimum, but it may still be rejected even then, so the higher the better:

Criteria  Points 
The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is in the top 25% of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows 3 points
The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is between the 50th and 75th % of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows 2 points
The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club is in the top 25% of the top 30 earners at the club 3 points
The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club are between the 50th and 75th % of all the top 30 earners at the club 2 points
The player’s current club is in a Top League[3] and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes 1 point
The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of the Champions League, Europa League or the Copa Libertadores within the last 12 months and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes 1 point

As I said before though, I don't know if this is exactly the same post brexit, or even if it is the exact same in game, I can only assume it is.

This might help you pass appeals more often. 

Yep, appeal system' points are same in-game. But why this scoring is not displayed in player search, scouting report and contract negotiation screen?

Even stranger then that the points system is implemented but your scout still gives you the wrong advice. Good chance on appeal you say? Erm, no.

what we are complaining about is not the rules of brexit,it's scout report.It's always same sentence for every player.So this is a bug.

Edited by whoopy