Sports Interactive Community
Asmart01

Complete wing backs

Looking for the best players for a complete wing back role, playing a back 3 with 2 wing backs needed and looking for suggestions thanks

Aston Villa season 2 January, on the left I've got amavi and Ryan sessegnon and the right adomah and de Leat 

feel like I need better on the right all round and better on the left now whilst Ryan sessegnon develops 

If money is no object and you want someone young that's ready to go, then Digne (at Barcelona) is probably the best for the left side. He's well-rounded, fast and with good mental stats.

I would literally just play Sess. Speed up his development, Amavi is pretty good too, that Right side is the problem though.

Tierney. Needs work defensively but is great going forward. First team material from first season.

Mario Fernandes main role is right Full Back, but he is  almost as good as a Wing back or Complete wing back (one segment less on the circle) has excellent stats for the role.

I've picked up baba Rahman from Chelsea for the left his stats look good to me, with the idea to sell amavi .. still need to sort the right side out with 10m budget

The best right wing back in the world on FM and IRL - seriously watch a Rangers game he can do no wrong - James Tavernier. Available for £500k - £1m. Doesn't make mistakes defensively, can cross, is no slouch... and on top of that has scored 8 direct free kicks in 20 games for me in season 2 with Newcastle. I was Derby and left them at xmas because they wouldn't give me the funds to sign Tavernier ... took the job at Newc and he was my first signing ... he scored vs derby later in the season :)

Edited by westy8chimp

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 15:06, westy8chimp said:

The best right wing back in the world on FM and IRL - seriously watch a Rangers game he can do no wrong - James Tavernier. Available for £500k - £1m. Doesn't make mistakes defensively, can cross, is no slouch... and on top of that has scored 8 direct free kicks in 20 games for me in season 2 with Newcastle. I was Derby and left them at xmas because they wouldn't give me the funds to sign Tavernier ... took the job at Newc and he was my first signing ... he scored vs derby later in the season :)

Screeny?

Fairly decent winger if retrained, but wouldn't call him a complete wingback with those defensive stats.

7a8b74c6931e433ca770082704eb2ce2.png

16 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Fairly decent winger if retrained, but wouldn't call him a complete wingback with those defensive stats.

7a8b74c6931e433ca770082704eb2ce2.png

Fair point well made, but in my experience if you play wing backs (assuming 3 cbs) they aren't doing much defending. And despite his stats... the best thing I can say about his defending for me ... he rarely features in any defensive highlights. So hes not making great tackles or clearing headers... but hes also not kicking it out for corners or giving away penalties.

I'm not his agent or anything ... and I agree at face value his defensive stats and work rate don't look suitable... but he is sublime. definitely better than what you have and at 500k he can be your second choice ... and sign a higher profile as top choice (though I think Tavernier would soon become your favourite).

True could be a decent enough back up, I'm yet to get on the game and look for myself and send a scout out, thanks for the suggestion anyway definitely better than I was doing looking 

For the right back I'd either go for Linus Wahlqvist (available for around £1m at the start of the game):
Skärmavbild 2016-12-10 kl. 14.09.22.png

Or if you want a more experienced alternative, Sebastien Corchia (if you're able to get him):
Skärmavbild 2016-12-10 kl. 14.13.14.png

To the left, the ultimate alternative and probably the most expensive and the hardest one to get after Digne, there's Alex Grimaldo:

Skärmavbild 2016-12-10 kl. 14.09.34.png

Personally I'd probably go for Andrew Robertson of Hull, young, often fairly cheap and can do a great job:

Skärmavbild 2016-12-10 kl. 14.10.45.png

Good luck.

Edited by SwedenYid

On 12/6/2016 at 13:06, westy8chimp said:

In real life he can't defend for toffee and in the game he's only got 10 for tackling. He makes a reasonably cheap stop gap winger but you're asking for trouble playing him at wing back. Although just for fun, you should try him on one side and Alan Hutton on the other

Edited by OhHoopedOne

You can get Tyrone Mings for about 800k. He is fantastic down the left with 17 for pace and 17 for tackling. His attacking stats are decent as well.

For the right you should look to  buy Dominic Iorfa who, in the game, runs down the right like an English Lillian Thuram and is just as versatile. You can get him for about 9 million in the first season