Franky's TOTAL DOMINATION Tactic for FM 17 (17.2)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, johnpeet1981 said:

I found the PERFECT player for the BBM position (most important) check out Marko Grujic from Liverpool. PPM's already set up.

Marko Grujic_ Overview Profile.png

He looks awesome! I use fosu mensah with united and he is a beast!

That skin/player pack looks really nice, got a link?

Tactic has been a bit spotty for my Villa team but I am still in the process of training the PPM's so I dare say that's the issue. What I am wondering is when my assistant recommends changing team shape from fluid for specific matches should I ever take his advice? He has been recommending the same mentality as per the OP's instructions for Home/Away etc so it seems he knows what he is talking about.

I am also curious as to how the game comes up with the pre-match odds, is it based on the media's league prediction and the status of the club as a whole or something else?

using this with my milan save, im not change mentality at all, just using control and retain posesion, but in pep talk and press confrence i very choose wisely when in press confrence, and when match i always using opponent player, which player should i take, and how we can win the match with the squad we have, usually choosing assertive concentrate until 30 min, mix with show passion or tighten up, then doing that after 2nd half, if lose in 1st half, using half team talk im not happy ur performance, and in pep talk using concentrate or show passion and if lead, using tighten up to prepare the counter attack, good luck

Franky - firstly, I just want to say that this tactic has been fantastic for me.  I play as Man Utd so it's not exactly surprising, but, I dominate every game I play and I rarely give the opposition a look in.  It's been terrific.

I do have one question though - in some games I've had 40 shots on goal with almost 20 on target, yet I may only win 1-0 or 2-0.  Obviously many of my shots are from long range, so do you have any suggestions at all as to how I might be able to cut these down and create some better chances?  Or has anyone else had this problem and found a bit of a fix?  It's the only thing holding me back in some games.  Cheers in advance.

I´m using tactic usage option 1 but with a small tweak. For example if i start the game on control mentality and lead 1-0 in first half i leave it on control until half time and then drop the mentality by 1 notch. If i lead by 2 goals by half time i drop it by two notches and then keep dropping mentality by a notch for every goal i score. If i concede then i up the mentality by a notch ( if i lead 2-0 then i drop by two notches and if they score then i up it again by one). This keeps me from getting pinned back for a half with a one goal lead ( which is very dangerous). I played a game against Stoke in the cup and was leading 4-0 so i dropped the mentality to contain. Then they scored two goals in 2 minutes ( before i could react :) ) so i upped it to counter and scored again to make it 5:2 and calmed them down. That works for me. :)

P.s. Regarding long shots i have noticed that there are more long shots versus teams that play very defensive, because there is no room to play the ball behind and the box is overcrowded and it´s hard to score with a cross, that´s why the team tries to score via long shot. When i play against bigger teams which aren´t afraid to attack then the long shot count drops because there is room in the box to score in other ways.

That´s just my experience. :)

15 hours ago, Ultras500 said:

Tactic has been a bit spotty for my Villa team but I am still in the process of training the PPM's so I dare say that's the issue. What I am wondering is when my assistant recommends changing team shape from fluid for specific matches should I ever take his advice? He has been recommending the same mentality as per the OP's instructions for Home/Away etc so it seems he knows what he is talking about.

I am also curious as to how the game comes up with the pre-match odds, is it based on the media's league prediction and the status of the club as a whole or something else?

I would ignore the assistant's manager's advice. It's just there to confuse you :) If you play short passing, he'll suggest direct and if you play direct, he'll suggest short.... the guy's never happy. Really, just ignore the t*at :cool:

15 hours ago, Savell said:

Does anyone have any filters for this tactic?

Sorry, not sure what you mean. Can you clarify

8 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Franky - firstly, I just want to say that this tactic has been fantastic for me.  I play as Man Utd so it's not exactly surprising, but, I dominate every game I play and I rarely give the opposition a look in.  It's been terrific.

I do have one question though - in some games I've had 40 shots on goal with almost 20 on target, yet I may only win 1-0 or 2-0.  Obviously many of my shots are from long range, so do you have any suggestions at all as to how I might be able to cut these down and create some better chances?  Or has anyone else had this problem and found a bit of a fix?  It's the only thing holding me back in some games.  Cheers in advance.

I've started a United game as well and first 11 games, won 10 and drawn 1 with just 2 goals conceded. United have the perfect team for this tactic with Pogba as the BBM with striker like qualities and the best long shooting in the game. Then there's Ibra up front who is the perfect striker for this set up.

Okay, there's three things you can do to cut down on the wasted long shots......

1. All players that have less than 13 for long shots, train them to 'refrain from taking long shots'.

2. For all players you use in the front 3 positions, make sure to untrain/discourage 'shoots from distance' (if that is one of their PPMs), irrespective of their long shot ability. You might think this will detract from their ability to score but it actually works the other way and the team will score more. Memphis for example has 16 for long shots but he's such a waster as he he'll shoot from the most ridiculous of angles and distances. Despite having a long shot attribute of 16, the return of goals scored from distance compared to the amount of shots he has is really poor. Would be far more productive to pass instead of shooting so often. Once you untrain/dicourage this PPM, the front 3 will still take shots from the edge of the area but less often and overall, the shooting will be more productive.

3. Check the 'shoots less often' PI for any of the midfield 3 (DM, BBM and APM) who have less than 13 for long shots. This will ensure less wasted efforts from them. The rest of the team already has this player instruction so just these 3 need managing. Personally, I don't do this and will just train them to 'refrains from taking long shots' but if you do, it'll  further cut down on any shots from distance.  

1 hour ago, Punt said:

I´m using tactic usage option 1 but with a small tweak. For example if i start the game on control mentality and lead 1-0 in first half i leave it on control until half time and then drop the mentality by 1 notch. If i lead by 2 goals by half time i drop it by two notches and then keep dropping mentality by a notch for every goal i score. If i concede then i up the mentality by a notch ( if i lead 2-0 then i drop by two notches and if they score then i up it again by one). This keeps me from getting pinned back for a half with a one goal lead ( which is very dangerous). I played a game against Stoke in the cup and was leading 4-0 so i dropped the mentality to contain. Then they scored two goals in 2 minutes ( before i could react :) ) so i upped it to counter and scored again to make it 5:2 and calmed them down. That works for me. :)

That's interesting...... will give that a try and see what happens so thanks for the suggestion :)

It may not work with you but works for me. :) I have noticed that if i switch to contain in second half with just one goal lead that puts me on the back foot for the entire half ( which is too much) and if the opposition attacks for one half, they will eventually score.

Going to try this tactic with my Wednesday save, just finished my first season finished 8th missing out on the play offs on the final game of the season  which I lost seeing me drop out of the top 6 let's see if this startds picking me up more points, I was using my own tactics and away from home it was way too inconsistent and dropped too many points, I went two games in a row battering 1st and 2nd away then I would go and lose to bottom without a look in

Wish me luck :)

Any suggestions for decent players to sign?

Have you tried experimenting with different striker roles on this tactic? Playing as Hearts in the SPL, I have a Poacher and two perfect Target Men to choose from, with them also having decent stats for Defensive Forward, False Nine and pretty much every other role... except Complete Forward. I have no hope of getting anyone in who could be described as anything like a Complete Forward either. Scotland is not a land of diverse forwards, it seems! That being said, the strikers don't seem to play poorly, but they don't get goals.

That said, it seems to be working fairly well for me, as I've been getting wins and draws in most matches since adopting it. Celtic ploughed through us, 3-0, but that's hardly unexpected. It wasn't helped by our Advanced Playmaker being a Celtic loanee, so banned from playing in that match. In 9 competitive and 4 friendly matches, we've 9 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats (the other loss being a 4-1 hammering by Rochdale in a friendly, but that was a weakened team so may not be indicative).

We've only used the formation for about a 1/3 of the season so far, but we're leading the table for yellow cards (54 in 25). Our 7 league matches using the tactic have seen us pick up 18 yellows and 2 reds, so I think we'll 'win' the poor discipline title. It's not a major concern, but suspensions may start to bite later in the season. Certain positions lack the strength in depth to be as effective

I'm pleased with how the tactic has performed so far, but it'd be nice if I could make more of my strikers' strengths. Tweaking the instructions myself doesn't seem to yield any joy, sadly.

Franky - I'm not sure you needed to change from 17.1.2 to be honest! 

Just after finishing the best season I have ever had. We've gone 31 games unbeaten in the league, P33 W29 D3 L1, finished the season with a record points tally of 90!! Only conceded 10 goals all season, scored 65. Also won a record number of matches for the league in 29.

Also won 2 matches in the group stages of the CL!! And have a few more to play - hoping we get through to the next round.

Your tactic certainly hasnt steered me wrong and I'm willing to try your new version for next season but this season with 17.1.2 has been great!!

23 minutes ago, sparkysrovers said:

Franky - I'm not sure you needed to change from 17.1.2 to be honest! 

Just after finishing the best season I have ever had. We've gone 31 games unbeaten in the league, P33 W29 D3 L1, finished the season with a record points tally of 90!! Only conceded 10 goals all season, scored 65. Also won a record number of matches for the league in 29.

Also won 2 matches in the group stages of the CL!! And have a few more to play - hoping we get through to the next round.

Your tactic certainly hasnt steered me wrong and I'm willing to try your new version for next season but this season with 17.1.2 has been great!!

Wow, that's good going. There were two 17.1.2 versions. There was the original, then v1.1........... which one are you using and can you upload it here please.... thanks.

1 hour ago, Majick said:

Have you tried experimenting with different striker roles on this tactic? Playing as Hearts in the SPL, I have a Poacher and two perfect Target Men to choose from, with them also having decent stats for Defensive Forward, False Nine and pretty much every other role... except Complete Forward. I have no hope of getting anyone in who could be described as anything like a Complete Forward either. Scotland is not a land of diverse forwards, it seems! That being said, the strikers don't seem to play poorly, but they don't get goals.

That said, it seems to be working fairly well for me, as I've been getting wins and draws in most matches since adopting it. Celtic ploughed through us, 3-0, but that's hardly unexpected. It wasn't helped by our Advanced Playmaker being a Celtic loanee, so banned from playing in that match. In 9 competitive and 4 friendly matches, we've 9 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats (the other loss being a 4-1 hammering by Rochdale in a friendly, but that was a weakened team so may not be indicative).

We've only used the formation for about a 1/3 of the season so far, but we're leading the table for yellow cards (54 in 25). Our 7 league matches using the tactic have seen us pick up 18 yellows and 2 reds, so I think we'll 'win' the poor discipline title. It's not a major concern, but suspensions may start to bite later in the season. Certain positions lack the strength in depth to be as effective

I'm pleased with how the tactic has performed so far, but it'd be nice if I could make more of my strikers' strengths. Tweaking the instructions myself doesn't seem to yield any joy, sadly.

In the original post, I've actually mentioned that the striker role can be filled by a defensive forward or deep lying forward. Both work just as well as the complete forward role.  Important thing is to use your striker in whichever of these three roles he's best suited to. Just make sure to keep him on support duty. As for yellow/red cards, again, I've mentioned in the original post that once a player picks up a booking, immediately set him to 'ease off tackles........... I'm gonna have a little bet with myself. You haven't read the original post :D

Thanks for the quick response. I had read the post, but clearly missed the part about the striker. My bad, and I'll make the switch to see how that changes things!

As for the yellow cards... They're spread around the team. I can't tell everyone to ease off once the yellows start coming, but I wondered how fundamental Get Stuck In as an instruction was to the way the team plays. Of the two red cards, one was a straight red so no warning there. I accept an occasional red as part of the game, but the yellows seem high. It could just be that, at Hearts, the calibre of player available isn't as high so they'll get clumsy yellows a lot!

53 minutes ago, Franky. said:

Wow, that's good going. There were two 17.1.2 versions. There was the original, then v1.1........... which one are you using and can you upload it here please.... thanks.

In the original post, I've actually mentioned that the striker role can be filled by a defensive forward or deep lying forward. Both work just as well as the complete forward role.  Important thing is to use your striker in whichever of these three roles he's best suited to. Just make sure to keep him on support duty. As for yellow/red cards, again, I've mentioned in the original post that once a player picks up a booking, immediately set him to 'ease off tackles........... I'm gonna have a little bet with myself. You haven't read the original post :D

It was the v1.1 version. I've tried the new one with three matches so far and won 2 and drew one with strong opposition favourites. I didnt change any of the training for players yet though. Played two friendlies as our season is over and needed to keep players match fit, ass man was in charge and of course got beaten heavily by Arsenal and drew with PSG reserves.

Franky - I went back to the v1.1 as I was more fluid in it and I've just qualified (that is Limerick FC) from our CL group beating Chelsea 2-0 at home!! They only mustered 1 shot on target in the whole match. They are 5th in the Premier League and have a superb rating, we've a fairly good rating! 

I have to say that it is probably my best ever result.

If you want me to upload my game - I will if it helps? 

12 hours ago, Franky. said:

I've started a United game as well and first 11 games, won 10 and drawn 1 with just 2 goals conceded. United have the perfect team for this tactic with Pogba as the BBM with striker like qualities and the best long shooting in the game. Then there's Ibra up front who is the perfect striker for this set up.

Okay, there's three things you can do to cut down on the wasted long shots......

1. All players that have less than 13 for long shots, train them to 'refrain from taking long shots'.

2. For all players you use in the front 3 positions, make sure to untrain/discourage 'shoots from distance' (if that is one of their PPMs), irrespective of their long shot ability. You might think this will detract from their ability to score but it actually works the other way and the team will score more. Memphis for example has 16 for long shots but he's such a waster as he he'll shoot from the most ridiculous of angles and distances. Despite having a long shot attribute of 16, the return of goals scored from distance compared to the amount of shots he has is really poor. Would be far more productive to pass instead of shooting so often. Once you untrain/dicourage this PPM, the front 3 will still take shots from the edge of the area but less often and overall, the shooting will be more productive.

3. Check the 'shoots less often' PI for any of the midfield 3 (DM, BBM and APM) who have less than 13 for long shots. This will ensure less wasted efforts from them. The rest of the team already has this player instruction so just these 3 need managing. Personally, I don't do this and will just train them to 'refrains from taking long shots' but if you do, it'll  further cut down on any shots from distance.  

That's interesting...... will give that a try and see what happens so thanks for the suggestion :)

Agree 100% about United - Pogba is an absolute beast in this tactic and he lead my goal scoring last season with 30.  I'm half way through my third season now and I've got Lukaku up front with Rashford off the bench, although neither of them have been huge goalscorers so far.

Thanks for the feedback re: long shots as well.  As I said, your tactic has been sublime and it's especially good at the back as I've had De Gea go 700 minutes plus without conceding a goal and I've stuck with my back 4 of Shaw - Smalling - Bailly - Darmian.  I will put a few of your suggestions into practice and see if it has any effect. :)

42 minutes ago, sparkysrovers said:

Franky - I went back to the v1.1 as I was more fluid in it and I've just qualified (that is Limerick FC) from our CL group beating Chelsea 2-0 at home!! They only mustered 1 shot on target in the whole match. They are 5th in the Premier League and have a superb rating, we've a fairly good rating! 

I have to say that it is probably my best ever result.

If you want me to upload my game - I will if it helps? 

Obviously you're doing really well with v1.1 but in my Man Utd vs Arsenal test game, I found v1.2 more consistent at dominating the opposition. I suppose it could also depend on the type of players you have and the approach of your opponents. Are you using any OI's and what tactic usage formula, if any?

41 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Agree 100% about United - Pogba is an absolute beast in this tactic and he lead my goal scoring last season with 30.  I'm half way through my third season now and I've got Lukaku up front with Rashford off the bench, although neither of them have been huge goalscorers so far.

Thanks for the feedback re: long shots as well.  As I said, your tactic has been sublime and it's especially good at the back as I've had De Gea go 700 minutes plus without conceding a goal and I've stuck with my back 4 of Shaw - Smalling - Bailly - Darmian.  I will put a few of your suggestions into practice and see if it has any effect. :)

Lukaku is very good. I have him in my Wycombe team , 4th season in the Premier League and have trained him to 'play with back to goal' because he's so strong and he now holds the ball up and plays in the runners, which is working well.

On a side note, Lukaku is my main striker and I have a back up on loan from Man United. I think he's just set some sort of record for the first 26 minutes of a game:cool:

453b46fa44.jpg

He has 18 for strength and I've also trained him to 'plays with back to goal'. He was doing okay prior to this match but nothing out of the ordinary (10 goals in 12 games). This is the first game he's played since acquiring the PPM. I think 3 of the goals were him receiving the ball with his back to goal, holding off his marker with sheer strength, turning and smashing it in..... magic!!!

45429955a5.jpg

I'm really enjoying your Tactic Franky but I'v added a few things to make it better for me.

1st. I added a Sweeper Keeper as it suited me better.

2nd. Changed Defensive Corners to a counter corner routine

Southampton_ Set Pieces Corners.png

By putting Corners like this it works out that the Opposition have to keep a few extra players back as shown here.

Liverpool v Southampton_ Pitch Full-2.png

De Sciglio wins the ball and they 3 back with a player on the edge of the box as well, usually the Player I have on the edge wins it and he finds a perfect pass, has to be one of the two midfielders with high determination, passing, vision but still we got up pitch quick and had a chance. None conceded and I have used this with other tactics and works a treat.

con1.JPG

3rd. Attacking Corners, well this is Knaps routine and it works the ball around the box until someone gets a free shot.

Southampton_ Set Pieces Corners-2.png

Use your wide men to take corners and you should score about 1 in 2.

sco1.JPG

Here is the full tweak if you want a look. Great Work.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bgv8omfvpk0kkvl/Franky's_Mc_Tweak_BC8B7F7D-AA24-408E-8514-841ADBAF7C65.fmf

58 minutes ago, mcgaffer said:

I'm really enjoying your Tactic Franky but I'v added a few things to make it better for me.

By putting Corners like this it works out that the Opposition have to keep a few extra players back as shown here.

De Sciglio wins the ball and they 3 back with a player on the edge of the box as well, usually the Player I have on the edge wins it and he finds a perfect pass, has to be one of the two midfielders with high determination, passing, vision but still we got up pitch quick and had a chance. None conceded and I have used this with other tactics and works a treat.

con1.JPG

3rd. Attacking Corners, well this is Knaps routine and it works the ball around the box until someone gets a free shot.

sco1.JPG

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bgv8omfvpk0kkvl/Franky's_Mc_Tweak_BC8B7F7D-AA24-408E-8514-841ADBAF7C65.fmf

Awesome. I'm going to test out the file you've uploaded and will incorporate the tweaks if I find them to be an improvement. I've stuck with the same corner routine since the beginning of FM16 and haven't really experimented on that front so I've no doubt the tweaks will help..... thanks :)

24 minutes ago, mcgaffer said:

Give it a few games with the attacking corner routine as in the 1st few games the taker will hit the first man, after that your laughing.

When you said score 1 in 2, is that 1 in 2 games or 1 in 2 corners?

Nevermind didn't look at the picture underneath which answers my question.

48 minutes ago, Ultras500 said:

When you said score 1 in 2, is that 1 in 2 games or 1 in 2 corners?

Nevermind didn't look at the picture underneath which answers my question.

Haha, for a moment I thought the same thing as well. Then I realised I sometimes get about 15 corners in a game so that means 7 goals in such games just from corners....... almost pissed myself with excitement :D

Hello all,

Just downloaded FM17 via Steam so have version 17.2.

Playing as Man Utd (always my first game on a new FM version).

Any suggestions as to which tactic will be best for Man Utd?    I do like IF's on the wing and I'm keen to get Rashford playing.

Thanks,

Duds

I have lost 2 games in a row for the first time with this tactic. First was semi finals of Fa cup against Man City 3:1 but i played with 9 youngsters and second team players ( i always give youngsters a chance in cups, i don't care if it's first round or finals ) and second was semi finals of CL against Lyon away 1:0 with 10 men and i was still the better team. Henderson got injured for 4 months and 16 year old player was playing in the bbm position. Still leading the league with 3 games to go. Thank you Franky. Respect! 👍

3 minutes ago, duds said:

Hello all,

Just downloaded FM17 via Steam so have version 17.2.

Playing as Man Utd (always my first game on a new FM version).

Any suggestions as to which tactic will be best for Man Utd?    I do like IF's on the wing and I'm keen to get Rashford playing.

Thanks,

Duds

I would use the latest version. You can use wingers or inside forwards. Whichever suits your players best.

16 hours ago, mcgaffer said:

con1.JPG

sco1.JPG

do you use any OI's? 

how about season training?

2 hours ago, Pogrebnik said:

do you use any OI's? 

how about season training?

Yes i use 

op.JPG

ops.JPG

For training i'm using Balanced low and 30% Def positioning. Using Cleons ideas for training and every player is coming along nicely.

24 minutes ago, mcgaffer said:

Yes i use 

op.JPG

ops.JPG

For training i'm using Balanced low and 30% Def positioning. Using Cleons ideas for training and every player is coming along nicely.

I am currently using something else and for now have fantastic results with your tweak. I will post latter today to show you. 

great job both. it is again best tactic. 

For anyone playing as United, I have just finished my second season using this tactic. Finished top by 11 points 89 points tally. Got KO'd vs spurs in the champions league quarter final (Hugo Lloris had a worldie and saved TWENTY FIVE shots in the home tie). Lost in the semi final of the FA cup vs Arsenal and won the League cup.

I played Pogba as the AP and Fosu Mensah as the BBM. Pogba got voted players' player of the year scoring just 11 goals, but his assists and general link up play were out of this world.

Made some new signings for the third season and heres my starting 11: https://gyazo.com/4a3772003ec03f85a18e2691c24c3804 . Might move pogba to BBM and sign Youri Tielemans 

Unfortunately, without warning Ibra just retired lol after scoring 25 goals last season :(

Archived