Unrealistic with regards to job offers (or lack of)

Started a save with Stockport. Guided them to consecutive promotions all the way up to the Championship. Finished 7th in my first season in the Championship but wanted a change so I resigned. I apply to take over at Crewe (League 2) and don't even make the interview process?! 

The game relies upon reputation and/or your head coach points for such things, as I remember.

Reputation may not go up so fast, and head coach points: someone posted about how manager(s) in lower-ranked European nations who had stayed with a team for years, had more points than their self who was managing a top-side club. Such as this, these things may not have gone up enough for you to be considered by the AI owners/board.

Yeah, without any kind of other comparitor it would be tough to judge. I'd expect that other Championship sides or an ambitious League One club would take you on. Have you tried applying for jobs since then in and around the division you got to?

Sounds odd and I agree, any L2 club should be happy to hire you.

@sporadicsmiles: I think you missed the part that he did already step down and applied.

I wonder what the cause could be. In earlier versions there was an overly big distinction between being promoted as champios (= title = big rep boost) compared to being promoted as runner-up or via playoffs. Did you by chance become a victim to this constructional bug?

3 hours ago, jayahr said:

@sporadicsmiles: I think you missed the part that he did already step down and applied.

His reputation is still going to be high though, possibly too high for the likes of Crewe. I do not know how the game treats situations like that, where a high rep manager applies for a much smaller club. Just a suggestion, and to see what happens if he aims for a higher reputation club.

In my current save I have had no trouble attracting offers from clubs either the same size or larger (no massive clubs yet), so I am drawing on that experience (no lower rep side has offered me a job, although I have applied for none).

On 3.12.2016 at 21:05, burnley said:

Started a save with Stockport. Guided them to consecutive promotions all the way up to the Championship. Finished 7th in my first season in the Championship but wanted a change so I resigned. I apply to take over at Crewe (League 2) and don't even make the interview process?! 

What´s your rep in %? Move mouse over the field (german: Balken, dont know the engl translation).

Archived