Developing players & Affiliate Reserve Team

I am managing Hansa Rostock in Germany (In Bundesliga now, but they started in the 3rd tier). We have our first team, a U-19 team which plays in a U-19 league whose results I can see and I can fully control, and then the "Rostock II" team, which is considered an affiliate club. I am curious about how best to make use of the Rostock II's for player development. Thus far I haven't ever really sent anyone to them unless I already knew I wasn't going to keep the player.

To the main question is this: The Rostock II's play in a non-playable league which FM doesn't keep track of - i.e., I cannot go look at any information about the league. It is one of the German 'regionalia' leagues, though, and I have plenty of players aged 17-19 (particularly 17) who my coaches suggest are well suited for regionalia football.

I am wondering if, in terms of player development, it makes any sense to send players to the II's. Specifically, since it isn't clear to me the game tracks the games played by the II's will players who I send to them actually get 'first team football'?

I can loan out these players to other teams that play regionalia football and I can get game reports on them (although I am not sure if there are multiple tiers of regionalia football and my II's play in an even lower one... and that may make a difference)

If it makes any difference to figuring this out - I just recently offered my Rostock II manager a new contract which included (at his request) a promotion bonus. This seems to suggest the II's play, have a chance to get promoted, and hypothetically could move up the tiers of German football. But of course that could all just be random.

If Hansa 2 is in the Regionalliga (4th tier) it means they already got promoted once because they should start in the Oberliga (5th tier).

Teams from non-playable leagues get promoted by reputation and chance. I don't think players will develop a lot in a inactive league

but I would just try it and see...

58 minutes ago, JWVG said:

If Hansa 2 is in the Regionalliga (4th tier) it means they already got promoted once because they should start in the Oberliga (5th tier).

Teams from non-playable leagues get promoted by reputation and chance. I don't think players will develop a lot in a inactive league

but I would just try it and see...

Yeah I though someone may say "just try it" and I could, but I don't want to screw the development of my good youths. I was thinking to send some mediocre players there, who probably weren't going to make my first team anyway.

And I'll double check the league now that I know the names and tiers (so thank you!) but that is largely beside the point to the development question

But I should add. if I can send youths to other regionalia teams and their development does benefit (at least to some degree), then should it matter whether the regionalia/oberliga team is my own or another?

My main thinking is just that my training facilities are significantly better than those at regionalia clubs. my II's use the same training facilities. so sending them there rather than out at least has that benefit.

But since game time matters more, I need to know about that too

Well I had a player or 2 who were too old for my U-19s but clearly not good enough for my first team (now or ever most likely) and so they were automatically moved to my II's. I will try to use them as an experiment to figure out the effect on player development.

Of course there are a lot of variables here - the players may have crappy personalities that mean they don't develop well. 

I did also find out my II's are in the 5th tier (Oberliga) not 4th tier. So that is relevant for me deciding whether to send them there in terms of quality of match play (if they do indeed get credit for match play at all).

Anyway, I'm at the start of a new season, so when I get to the Winter break I will see how things went and update

As far as I understand it to work, the game simulates experience for leagues that are not active/playable. You should be able to send players there and have them develop as though it is an active league, though you won't have any detail. The experience will also be contingent upon the level of play, so in your case 5th tier might not really help them if they are developed beyond the league standard.

56 minutes ago, Dr. Hook said:

As far as I understand it to work, the game simulates experience for leagues that are not active/playable. You should be able to send players there and have them develop as though it is an active league, though you won't have any detail. The experience will also be contingent upon the level of play, so in your case 5th tier might not really help them if they are developed beyond the league standard.

I loaded up a game file to the FTP showing similar issues. The players in the 2nd teams only had sub appearances and not many of them at that!

9 minutes ago, djhagster said:

I loaded up a game file to the FTP showing similar issues. The players in the 2nd teams only had sub appearances and not many of them at that!

This was an FM17 game- as in bugged?

Yeah it was, think it is bugged as cant seem to sign german national players either. The 2nd team was in a non active league as i only had regionliga upwards loaded up. In previous versions i havent had this issue so must be a bug as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2016 at 03:06, Toffle said:

Hi @ozilthegunner!

Were you already affiliated to "Rostock II" in third division or that squad appeared later once you got promoted?

I'm starting a career with Chemnitzer in 3rd division and am quite anxious not to see any reserve team.

It was already there when I started. I did previously try to start a save with Chemnitzer (having done Rostock in FM15 I thought I would go with a different team) but didn't have much luck (despite them being a better team).

Anyway, I cannot recall if they had a reserves team - but if they did it would probably be like Rostock where there are no real players in the team initially so you just don't really care about them at first (just the U-19s)

On 04/12/2016 at 03:45, OLLMEISTER1 said:

No German nationals (or very few) transferring domestically are interested in signing for German teams. Bug has been been looked into by SI and is getting sorted for the update. 

Has now been fixed

Archived