Chapecoense in FM

Tragic plane crash killing the hero club squad.

I wonder if any FM gamers got curious about the club, and checked it out. May sound a bit morbid, but did anyone decide to coach Chapecoense since then?...

It would be super nice if SI team honored Chapecoense in solidarity somehow.

I did get the club featured in my inbox (that may be because I'm playing Flamengo in the Brazilian first division...). See image.

Thanks.

chapecosnip_20161202103252.png

I've started a Chapecoense career in honour of them today, I really wish SI could do something like award them the Copa Sudamericana trophy like Atletico Nacional offered to do irl, as well as the real-life 3 year relegation ban. It's so sad and I really do pray for those left behind... :( 

10 minutes ago, oohlala111 said:

I've started a Chapecoense career in honour of them today, I really wish SI could do something like award them the Copa Sudamericana trophy like Atletico Nacional offered to do irl, as well as the real-life 3 year relegation ban. It's so sad and I really do pray for those left behind... :( 

As far as I can tell these are still just proposals. COMEMBOL and the CBF haven’t decided yet what they will do regarding this issue. I hope they agree with them.

3 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

The president of the Brazilian FA wanted to force them to play their match against Atletico Mineiro, suggesting that they put out their youth players. Thankfully, ATM graciously forfeited the game. I really don't understand why this guy would force them to play

Please keep this thread FM related- there are threads in the Football forum if you want to discuss this in general terms.

1 hour ago, 1014441966 said:

what is the name of Chapecoense in FM17? i can't find it.

It's Chapecoense, like you spelled. It's in the Brazilian First Division: Brasileirao Chevrolet Serie A.  Make sure the spelling is right when you type it. Good luck.

Due to the global repercussion,  respect and how game-changing that horrible event is for the club, I assume SI will eventually make a patch about it before the March update. They could program other Brazilian Série A teams to be freely able to loan players to them and the three seasons of relegation immunity by hard-coding within the original database. At least I hope so...

1 hour ago, shimera said:

Due to the global repercussion,  respect and how game-changing that horrible event is for the club, I assume SI will eventually make a patch about it before the March update. They could program other Brazilian Série A teams to be freely able to loan players to them and the three seasons of relegation immunity by hard-coding within the original database. At least I hope so...

None of that is confirmed though - they're just offers. Brexit aside, SI don't code uncertain future events.I think all they can do is delete the deceased.

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

Three seasons immune from relegation is currently not factual, unless you mean in a trump-like sense of the word.

Update: the Brazilian FA (CBF) have told recently that only after the last matchday they will discuss about next year's Série A.

Then again, three seasons immune from relegation is less weird than what CBF had already done many times before with the Brazilian national championship. Case in point: look up "Copa João Havelange" - if someone manages to reproduce it with the FM Editor i would be very, very impressed!

Edit - here it is >  http://www.rsssf.com/tablesb/braz-joao00.html

The big question is does the club get it's money back for loosing the players.  hum hum iNSURANCE time to cough up the money.  Or the Airliner insurance company would need to pay the club.  No shortcuts hear.  Reimburse the club what it lost.

4 hours ago, shimera said:

Update: the Brazilian FA (CBF) have told recently that only after the last matchday they will discuss about next year's Série A.

Then again, three seasons immune from relegation is less weird than what CBF had already done many times before with the Brazilian national championship. Case in point: look up "Copa João Havelange" - if someone manages to reproduce it with the FM Editor i would be very, very impressed!

Edit - here it is >  http://www.rsssf.com/tablesb/braz-joao00.html

why were Botafogo and Inter awarded victories over Sao Paolo?

And with every tragedy comes every mawkish show of competitive grief.  Absolutely tragic thing to happen but to somehow expect SI to rush out some hot-fix to do something on the back of it is going a bit far.  If there are any official ratified rule changes that come out of it, I'd expect they'd go in for the January update, either that or FM18.

There is a process for whenever anything that transcends the sport of football but still affects it happens. There isn't a template, or set of rules for it, but rather looking at how the situation needs to be dealt with at all levels within the game going forward. There's not much point in speculating, there are always legal issues that have to be considered and in this case there's an awful lot of people who you have to be mindful and respectful of in this case.

• Administrators

Closing this thread as there is a Football Forum thread for discussing this in a real world context. Anything is purely speculative at this point in time what will happen in any case (real life) as nothing has actually been confirmed. 

There isn't anything to add to this topic, I think all the basic points have been raised now, and the correct place to discuss Chapecoense is in the Football Forum. Thanks.

• Lucas locked this topic

Archived