why does every team who want to buy my player asks me to pay almost 50% of his wages?

I can understand lower league teams but teams like Man City or Arsenal? They're also always non-negotiable and so I've yet to sell any of my players in my Swansea save.

They're not transfer-listed either so I don't understand why these big teams think I'm stupid enough to pay someone half of his wages when they don't even play for my team!

EDIT: Montpellier made an offer for Routledge and they too want me to pay 110K per month (61%  of his wages) for him lol! 

If you are managing in England, the wages in England are notoriously high. A reasonably player at a mid-level Prem club makes a lot of money compared to a similarly-placed player in a lot of other leagues. So if you are a Prem club trying to sell players abroad, that difference in wages is coming into play.

I can understand it from lower league or foreign league ones due to insane amount of money in the EPL but going from Swansea to Man City shouldn't lead to Man City asking Swansea to pay some of the wages that is really wrong. I would post this in bugs and upload a save if you haven't already.

I've always assumed that if you pay a player more than what is "deemed appropriate for the quality of the player", it's because 1) you want him to be happy, 2) you want to discourage other teams from coming in for him and assuming his contract and 3) you want to reward him for his accomplishments. For another team to come in for him (when he's not transfer-listed) and ask to take him away while also asking you to "make up the difference" seems wrong. Now if you're trying to get rid of him, paying future wages is the cost of negotiating a boneheaded contract, but that's apparently not the case here. 

They could also be making offers in hopes of unsettling the player, but they have to offer something that their wage/budget restrictions would allow for that player just in case you accept it.

Just now, Dr. Hook said:

They could also be making offers in hopes of unsettling the player, but they have to offer something that their wage/budget restrictions would allow for that player just in case you accept it.

I think this is the case most of the time. Because I've accepted these offers a couple times. And the player ends up turning them down. Either for wages not being high enough from that team. Or because he just doesn't want to move to that team. And after that, I don't see these offers for that player again. So I assume its them trying to get a bargain by you either accepting it, or you decline and the player gets unsettled if he wanted the move. Which leads me to my post in the features request about player chats. We should be able to see if the player has any interest in these before we accept or decline them.

1 minute ago, oulzac said:

We should be able to see if the player has any interest in these before we accept or decline them.

Agreed- we need something, because as it is, the only time you really know is if you reject a bid from a team they are interested in and they get all bent about it :seagull:

Archived