Sports Interactive Community
tommysvr

Press Conference Nonsense

Not sure where to post this so forgive me if in the wrong place.

I got lost 6-0 (my club's new record defeat) in a match between 1st and 4th, which would go a long way to deciding the title. These are the questions I got asked post-match. It's just pointless.

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 1.25.31 pm.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-01 at 1.25.22 pm.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-01 at 1.25.16 pm.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-01 at 1.25.09 pm.png

Edited by tommysvr

Why aren't you prepared to answer these questions?

I know it winds me up as well I will get wallopped 3-0 with two goalkeeper errors and they will say about the brilliant performance from the goalkeeper and make no mention of the errors that cost us the game. Or pile loads of praise onto a striker that couldn't finish his dinner

The questions are often nonsensical. I've just lost 5-1 and you want to ask me about having one of the best attacks in the division. We are top and close to being promoted to the Premier League for the first time and you want to ask me if I think the England manager has picked the correct squad, or worse still, ask me if the England manager was correct in picking a player from another club, neither of whom have any to do with me!

Should have an option like Brendan Rodgers did the other day when a reporter asked him about Lionel Messi vs. the Loch Ness Monster. To which Rodgers replied "That was the worst question I've had"

What I don't like about press conferences is being asked about an opponent's goal. 

You can either say: 1. “I can't think of many better than that, it was a brilliant goal.” or something like 2. “It was a stunning strike, no doubt about it.”- Both of these are saying you thought the goal was extraordinary.

You can say 3. “I don't want to comment on individuals.”- Self explanatory.

Then there is 4. “There was more than hint of good fortune about it.”- The player just got lucky.

Lastly, there is 5. “I am not in the business of praising opponents.” -Similar to three.

Given the repetition in 1+2, 3+5 I would like something that is in the middle of “It was sensational” and “He got lucky” Something like “It was a decent goal” or “Yeah, it was a nice finish.”

Do press conferences really matter, meaning do "mind games" and player motivation are really affected to the point of affecting results?... I often skim through the questions or just delegate.

They're absolutely ****. Worst part of FM for years. Needs a huge overhaul. All player/press/staff interaction does.

I absolutely detest press conferences, always let my assistant do them, which winds me up as that's unrealistic......unless you're Mourinho :D

37 minutes ago, benallen002 said:

There are still people who press conference in this game?

All the time because afraid that my Ass Man will say something to demotivate the players and we'll lose 3-0 at home to the team in 20th.

18 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

All the time because afraid that my Ass Man will say something to demotivate the players and we'll lose 3-0 at home to the team in 20th.

Fair enough, but that's what the editor(s) are for ;)

1 minute ago, benallen002 said:

Fair enough, but that's what the editor(s) are for ;)

Clever, but I don't have the editor.

1 hour ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Clever, but I don't have the editor.

Ouch.  This game would be unplayable for me without the IGE and FMRTE