[FM17] A New World: Ceres Rises

forameuss

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Introduction

Well, I've been threatening this for years now, but finally after spending a lot of the time with XML files, I've managed to generate the complete fantasy world I've planned out.

This really took pace when I read the fantastic thread over in GD started by LewisQ where he introduced everyone to the ridiculously detailed fantasy world that he had created.  It wasn't solely FM-based, but I think the vast part was.  It really inspired me.  I really enjoy writing, as you may have guessed from my other threads.  I'm also not great at it (as you may have guessed from my other threads) but I've always had a pretty big imagination.  There's not often much call for that in a standard career thread really - there's only so often you can write something libelous about Roy Keane or Eddie Howe for example.  However, with this I should get that chance.  I've always liked the idea of having a nice mix of a story and a career thread, with the actions of a central manager driving the story, so we'll see how this one goes.

I'm going to spend a few posts outlining the major parts of the new world, but everything is subject to change.  You'll also notice some little hangovers from the editing process, particularly around nations.  Some of these will be cleaned up by the time I actually start the save, others you might need to suspend your disbelief a little.  I'm also reserving the right to reset things.  Obviously once I click go and start a save, there can be no more changes to the actual database.  I intend to start with two continents, but I really want to change the entire world by some point.  That's a long time away though.

Anyway, that's about all I think I need to say here.  Stay tuned...

Velusia: A Brief History

Velusia is the main continental landmass on Ceres.  The majority of the population lives within the borders of the continent, largely on the mainland.  The historical capital of the continent was Saint Elias City, named after Elias Kinkaid, discoverer of the continent itself.  In the brief history of the continent, and especially since Saint Elias City seceded and became its own nation, the idea of a continent capital has lessened.  For administrative purposes, the capital is defined as Aspax, capital of South Azura.  But those North of the border in the other half of Azura, Toosil is considered a better option.  

The far South of Velusia sees the walled nation of Saint Elias City, surrounded by tall cliffs leading down to the Elias Strait.  The most Northerly point of the nation borders South Azura, and specifically the capital of Aspax.  Near the West coast of South Azura is the small nation of Haverford, surrounded on all sides by rolling hills.  Montaria shares an Eastern border with South Azura, a hundred miles South of Haverford.  Recalada is almost directly opposite, to the East, jutting out into the Azura Sea.

The Northern border of South Azura sees the meeting point with its historic friend.  Many decades previously, Azura was one country, but around the time of the secession of Saint Elias City, the barren lands in the heart of the country, leading from where the Toosil River empties into the Sea in the West, to the Azura Strait in the East became the new border between two countries.  A largely uninhabited mountain range physically separates them, with only a narrow border crossing for access.  If you stand on the top of the Toosil Falls in the West of the country on a clear day, you can see the rolling hills of the Ferrous Isles across the sea.  

Most of the population of North Azura is concentrated further South, although some of the best scenery is seen further North, towards the border with Astarya in the North-West and Cyrasia in the North East.  The latter stretches far further North, then gives way to the mostly barren Winterlands.

Nation Round-up Part 1

dWIzIqo.png

North Azura

WN8Er2x.png

Replaced Nation: Scotland

North Azura, as already mentioned, is a fairly new nation after seceding from the larger landmass of Azura.  As such they hold a significant rivalry with their neighbours, and contest the Azura Derby.  Toosil is the capital city in the extreme South West.  The River Toosil snakes through the town before heading quickly to the Toosil Falls and then the Western Sea beyond.  The main language is English, spoken throughout the country.  Most of the population is concentrated in the South of the country, but there are some major towns and cities further North who benefit greatly from tourism to experience the stunning vistas.  

The National stadium resides in the capital of Toosil, a situation that many have strong feelings over.  Many have called for a more central location, but come national team games, the 53,000 all-seater is often close to capacity.  

1Ab6bpt.png

South Azura

OVCPX3T.png

Replaced Nation: England

South Azura has remained largely unchanged over the history of Velusia, aside from in name.  It remains a strong economic leader in the region through a number of avenues.  Population is largely centred around the larger cities, but the land is populated largely throughout.  In terms of land mass, it is a much smaller country than its Northern neighbour, yet its population far exceeds.  

67,000 passionate fans often pack themselves into the King George Stadium in Aspax, but they are known for being fairly fickle.  Aspax itself lies in the far south of the country, bordering the walled Saint Elias City.

Its league system prides itself on tradition.  They often look at other nations with slightly more unconventional league systems with derision, happy to have long, packed seasons with straight promotion and relegation.  They also welcome major clubs from Haverford into their system at the lower levels which has caused controversy in the past, with the South Azuri FA accused of chasing the money of the very wealthy Haveri residents.

lZNBHqa.png

The Ferrous Isles

S0meHEg.png

Replaced Nation: Wales 
(The flag is just an oversight in the config files from yesterday, and the languages will not include Welsh in the final product)

The Ferrous Isles are something of a contradiction in Velusian football.  A tiny island nation of their size would usually be an irrelevance when compared to their more illustrious neighbours.  However, an industry built on iron has given them a fairly strong financial backing.  When allied with the hardy, determined nature of the people, they often achieve far above their station, particularly with exporting youth players to the mainland.  Unfortunately, this isn't as good for the local clubs themselves.

Historically there were very few officially licenced clubs in the country.  Due to not having enough teams of a sufficient quality to organise a league, they often played their league football in the North Azuri system on the mainland.  Complaints from visiting sides of a large advantage the Ferrosi sides got from playing in the "thick" atmosphere of their islands led to concerted efforts from the FA to organise their own league.  This was brought into force fairly recently, but the system is still largely in its infancy, and the teams still play their cup football on the mainland as a compromise.

The Iron Dome in the capital of Ironhaven is an old-style caludron of atmosphere on match days, and, perhaps surprisingly, is built using materials from South Azura rather than local iron.  

Nation Round-up

U6Ll7w3.png

Saint Elias City

h0caUO2.png

Replaced Nation: Republic of Ireland

Saint Elias City is an odd case.  As the name suggests, it wasn't always a nation.  Historically it was a rocky outcrop on the Southern edge of the mighty nation of Azura, overlooking the choppy waters of the Azura Sea.  Elias Kinkaid, who the nation is named after, was the man who moved the territory from being a suburb of Aspax to a nation on its own.  The decision was not a popular one, and tensions have not lessened over the years.  In the present day, the city is walled along the vast majority of the border with South Azura.  Although Elias Kinkaid is long gone, he lives on through the clubs in the country, most of which are named in some way after him.  

It's a well-known cliche that football is a religion, but in this city it is far from it.  The religion of worshiping the man who gave them their independence extends to the football teams named after him.  It also extends to league games being mainly played on Sundays, the fans cathedral being the stadium.  The isolated nature of the nation also extends to their club system.  Instead of travelling over the border to be involved in the larger, more prestigious South Azura league system, football chiefs in the city decided to create their own.  Somewhat surprisingly, despite having only eight sides involved, the FA has fostered a highly competitive environment, centered around the Saint Elias Stadium in the center of the city.  Attendances at all games are often very high, but fan loyalty has suffered as a result.  If you ask someone on the streets of the city who they support, you'll often get a surprising answer.  With a type of season ticket on offer that allows you to attend any match scheduled at the stadium, you often find fans supporting football rather than any specific team.

One particular quirk that the FA brought in was the idea of the Invitiational Competition.  A Winner-Stays-On thinking sees a monthly match take place with the winner of the previous one taking on a randomly drawn side from the country.  Some sides have built up long winning streaks in this competition, leading to increased intrigue in the results of what is essentially a friendly competition.  Despite reservations, the FA board narrowly voted in favour of contributing a side for the Velusian Champions League.

Nation Round-up

FxjGYIb.png

The Winterlands

bKxd45M.png

Replaced Nation: Canada

If there's one nation that makes do with what it has, it's the most northerly one on the continent.  Most people talk about how inhospitable the northern reaches of North Azura can be, let alone the wastes of some of the more remote areas of Cyrasia.  The Winterlands lie beyond a narrow sea running across the land from East to West.  For six months of the year, this sea is frozen, and for around half of that time, it becomes an unofficial border crossing for those looking to experience the sub-zero temperatures and wild wasteland.

As a result of the climate taking a considerable dip in the later months of the year, the Winterlands are the only nation on the continent not to follow a March to October season.  Other nations are already two months into their seasons when this one finally rolls out of hibernation.  The compacted season obviously means less games, but natives like to tell anyone that asks that this just means more excitement and a more focused season.  Continental games are still played outwith this period, but all games played in country are played under a roof.  It gives a slightly more temperate environment, but still fairly hostile.

The country itself is spread over a large land mass, but obviously most of the population lies further south.  Most of the clubs are centered around the border with North Azura, with only a handful braving the land further north.  As you can imagine, the conditions don't play well with the sport.  As a result, there are very few clubs plying their trade in the country.  A two-tier structure is employed with the lower tier mostly made up of amateur clubs affiliated with their parent clubs.  Expansion has often been thought about, but often quickly forgotten about due to lack of interest.

Nation Round-up

bhFcxSI.png

Haverford

IfXH92Q.png

Replaced Nation: Gibraltar

Haverford is a mostly land-locked micro-nation in the North West of South Azura.  Despite being small in surface area, the wealth in the nation is off the charts thanks to the burgeoning financial services industry.  Some of the continent's - and indeed the world's - largest financial services institutions are headquartered along what is known as "The Golden Mile".  Every address along this road is either a member of this industry, or a high-class shop or restaurant that caters to clients and staff of said institutions.  Gentrification has hit, and hit hard.  

Port Haver, the capital, lies on a peninsula and boasts more Michelin-starred restaurants per square mile than any other location on the continent.  These restaurants are the place to see and be seen, taking an evening seat in full view of the harbour.  On approaching the harbour from out to sea, the unusual form of the Haverford Harbour Stadium is visible between the masts of the yachts.

Despite the off-the-scale wealth, football has never really been more than a minor industry in the country.  There are die-hard fans, for sure, but the relative lack of interest, when combined with the low permanent population, means that the league system is not well thought of.  Historically the few clubs in the country would play their football in the lower reaches of the Southern Azura league system.  But when the Velusian Champions League was announced, the Haveri FA was given an ultimatum.  Organise their own league system or their teams would not be admitted.  Some of the major companies on the Golden Mile were contacted to lend their support, leading to a few corporate-owned sides in the system.  The jury is still out on whether this has been a success or not.

As for rivalries, unlike the Ferrous Isles, the Haveri hold no ill regard towards their neighbours.  At most, the two nations hold a friendly rivalry, but it is still considered a derby when the two sides meet.  There are no derbies between club sides in Haverford due to their relatively young age.

Can't remember if I mentioned it, but the kits aren't 100% finalised yet.  As you'll see, a few of them are still showing the old kits from the nations (licensed I assume).  For the most part the home kits will stay the same, but a few away ones will be updated.  I may add third kits for nations, but not decided yet.  Don't think it's really necessary if I make the home and away that different.  

To lift up the curtain a little, I've been working pretty solidly on this when I get the chance (outwith trying to pass a driving theory test, which I did).  But it's a slow process.  Instead of using the editor to input everything, I'm generating an XML to throw into it to try and make things quicker.  There is an excel spreadsheet running at about 15Mb with every bit of data I'm putting into the World.  About 15 worksheets too governing nations, clubs, cities etc etc.  Every time I want to add something new I've got to write python classes that take the stuff from excel, then work out how the editor understands the stuff, then punch it into that format.  It does mean though that if I want to subtley change the format of a competition, I just need to change the spreadsheet then effectively click a button.  Five minutes later I get a set of files out and I can go from there.

One thing I am trying to do with it is to have a wide range of aspects to league systems around the world.  It would be absolutely pointless for me just to make loads of sets of 20-team, 3-up 3-down systems, especially when I find them incredibly tedious.  So far I've got small leagues playing each other 4 times, a slightly larger group with a late split (similar to Scottish Premiership), more odd kinds of splits, right up to the more traditional systems.  But if anyone has any ideas on other things I could incorporate, I'm happy to listen.  They have to be possible using the basic rules though, as I don't understand the advanced rules at the best of times, let alone having to code up how to generate them dynamically.

Nation Round-up

FLAG TO FOLLOW

Cyrasia

dtbkqbS.png

Replaced Nation: Russia

If you asked 100 people around Velusia where they would like to spend a few days of their holidays, Cyrasia would probably not be mentioned.  Only the Winterlands to the North would be less likely perhaps, but then the frozen, snow-covered lands are far enough to the extremes that it remains popular with winter thrill-seekers.  Cyrasia, on the other hand, doesn't.  Their weather is often described as miserable, spending most of the year in the single-to-negative figures, with some pretty inhospitable conditions to go along with it.  However, discounting the entire nation based on this stereotype is disappointing.  The major cities are packed full of natural beauty, especially Ozor lieing nestled at the base of the mountain range bearing the same name.  In the months of the year where it is dry with the temperature just above freezing, bright blue skies can make both cities and plains alike look amazing.

Having said that, locals often put very little stock on what foreigners think.  Some may describe it as a chip on the shoulder, but really it's more like apathy.  Cyrasians are far more interested in their own matters to worry about what strangers think.  This attitude extends to their sport, with football teams enjoying fierce loyalty from supporters.  This leads to a number of very heated derbies in club football, but also to - statistically - the best supported national side on the continent.  It may not always translate to results, but you can't doubt their enthusiasm.

In terms of league system, the Cyrasian FA are great believers in simplicity.  No fancy constructs, just a straight league with promotion and relegation.  They do, however, have a one-off game each year where a random club from the top tier faces off against a random club from the Montarian top tier in what is known as the Cross Border Cup.  The bitter rivalry stems from historical political tensions between the two nations.  These have long since cleared up, and are now a point of humour when citizens meet around the continent.  The Cup is a proud tradition though, and Cyrasians love nothing more than celebrating taking the trophy home.

On 01/12/2016 at 11:18, forameuss said:

One particular quirk that the FA brought in was the idea of the Invitiational Competition.  A Winner-Stays-On thinking sees a monthly match take place with the winner of the previous one taking on a randomly drawn side from the country.  Some sides have built up long winning streaks in this competition, leading to increased intrigue in the results of what is essentially a friendly competition.  Despite reservations, the FA board narrowly voted in favour of contributing a side for the Velusian Champions League.

Genius. :applause:

10 hours ago, LATB said:

Have you drawn a map of Ceres? 

34 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Good shout. :thup: It's not something I remember seeing. 

Glorious stuff. It sets an extremely high bar for detail, passion, and dedication in a custom save. It inspired me to create my own nation as well, with my database currently in progress. It's a brilliant read, and you'll be very impressed and intrigued by it all.

Oh, and he's still kicking on with occasional updates as well, enhances the experience.

Players of the Future

Too Many Cooks

A little aside now before I bring you the rest of the nations where we're going to discuss the approach to youth football in Ceres.  

In recent years, the Velusian Football Federation sat down and discussed what could be done to improve youth development across the continent.  The meeting was pretty much a disaster, with no clear consensus reached as to the best approach.  The take away from the meeting was that it should be up to each individual member association, which was in stark opposition to the proposed central solution.  The VFF wanted to put in place a small number of central schools to bring together the best young footballers.  The major associations were in favour of the plan, but the smaller ones - specifically the Ferrous Isles and Haverford - had reservations.  They felt that any control over the destiny of their players would be taken out of their hands, and they would end up being spirited away at a young age for the bright lights of the bigger nations.

Montaria Strikes Out

As such, everyone left the meeting with the remit of sorting out their own house however they saw fit.  In true administrative form, most countries put it off, preferring to concentrate on the further establishment of the senior sides.  One nation, however, took the idea and ran with it.  Montaria already had a small league system, with two groups of 10 fighting it out before a season-ending play-off.  The Football Association in the country had long since decreed that only the country's capital could have any more than one club within their borders, so expansion was generally considered impossible.  To remedy some of the complaints around this, the Montarian FA sank a considerable sum of money into establishing an Academy team in every city in the country.  The charter specified that each academy should have an all-seater stadium between 1000 and 5000 seats, and that facilities should be as state-of-the-art as possible.  Players would be eligible to play for the club in the newly created Future League until the age of 23, at which point they would become a free agent.  No transfers would be allowed into each club for obvious reasons, and transfers out would have to be personally rubber-stamped by the FA to prevent players being taken away too early.

The Future is Now

2013 saw the inaugural season of the Future League, and in the few seasons since, it has gone from strength to strength.  The first class of players have graduated into first teams around the continent, and feedback is glowing.  As a result, some of the other major countries have dusted off their plans, tore them up, and decided to pretty much copy the Montarian system.  North Azura instigated 10 academies in 10 cities around the country, whereas South Azura created 16, with the cities chosen through a rigorous applications process.  In those countries the system is still relatively young, and is thought of less as another tier of competition and more like a developmental system.  South Azura's system was originally criticised for having four groups of four play only 12 games a season, especially compared to North Azuri Youth sides playing 36.  Changes were brought in in the subsequent season to a fairer system.  Astarya also brought in their own system, but decided to push the changes down to the clubs.  Each applying club - to a limit of 32 - would fund their own development side.  They would remain functionally separate from their parent clubs, despite sharing the same board, at the same time giving the parent club first option on produced players.

It remains to be seen long term whether this system will produce better or worse players.

Nation Round-up

hM9dWrO.png                            hOhEG2Y.png                          QPs78Vk.png

N0c356S.png       3qATZ4f.png       TIiDX8G.png

The final set of teams for Velusia brings  our total to 10.  It's unlikely, outside of some of the smaller ones, to find three more contrasting nations for many reasons.

If you want sun close to all-year-round, you'll be hard-pressed to find anywhere better than Recalada.  Although the fierce sunshine certainly calms down in the later months of the year, when Spring comes around the heat returns.  Uniquely, however, the temperature never dips too far above 30 degrees, even in the height of summer.  It's unusual to see the stadiums quiet during these months, with native fans joining the throngs of travelling supporters on the terraces.  This is particularly evident during July when the official leagues take a break and the Recaladian Festival leads to a month-long country-wide tournament that draws visitors from all around the world.

If there's one thing that strikes people about Recalada, it's the easy-going nature of its people.  That can't be said for economic giant Astarya.  In July, when Recalada is in the midst of its festival, you'll find the Astari people still hard at work.  This has led to them often being ridiculed as too serious, too rigid, which fortunately is far from the truth.  They are a very warm people, and ones that absolutely love their football.  They also happen to be very good at it.  The imposing gothic-style capital of Thule is often the first aspect people see of Astarya given its geography, which is often considered detrimental.  The further into the country you travel, the warmer a reception you will often get.  The vast forests that almost totally surround Chione are extremely picturesque, especially surrounding the stadium of the country's most successful and most reputable club Olympique Chione.

Finally, we come to the Republic of Montaria.  When you talk about the footballing superpowers of Velusia, Montaria is often not mentioned.  Similarly, when you talk about the smaller nations - the "diddies" - you don't hear about them.  Montaria - success-wise at least - are a very middling nation.   However, the passion their fans hold for the sport is almost unrivalled.  The biggest national stadium in the continent - the George Washington Stadium - is often close to capacity for national team games, attracting a large range of fans, from aggressive die-hards to large families.  Games start to feel like huge events, and the crowds reflect that.  As previously mentioned, they were also the first nation to embrace the newly founded Academy system, leading to very strong attendances across those matches from fans looking to spot the next big star.  As a result though, club identity is often muddied a little.  If you ask the average person who they support, they will more often than not name their home town club, but they will also have a wide knowledge of other teams, often attending their matches.  They truly love the sport, and everything that goes along with it, without resorting to the tribal nature that afflicts most.

(Author's  Note: I'm beginning to hate the capital of Montaria being Washington and all the references to George Washington.  It was actually a throwback to how I initially planned the world out as kind of an "after Earth" situation.  Americans ended up establishing Montaria, Western Europeans into Astarya, British spread across Azura and some of the smaller nations etc etc.  However, that's changed a little, so I expect I'll change a few names around, particularly in Montaria.  But I had the screenshot, so balls to it for now)

On the Continent

While the national associations around Velusia morphed their league and cup systems over the years, the VFA sat quietly.  In fact, for the early years of its existence, they decided against having any kind of organised continental competition, preferring to play a number of hastily organised friendly tournaments.  When these suffered from dreadful attendances and multiple disappointing clashes, they knew things had to change.  Luckily, competitions at a national level had become far more established by that point.

As a result, they organised three tournaments.

Velusian Champions League

It was clear that there was appetite for a competition that pitted the best against the best.  The original plan was to have one competition with many qualifiers from each nation, but that was put aside in part in favour of the ten national champions coming together during the following season.  Two groups of five teams played each other twice, home and away, with the top two teams in each group moving on to the knockout stage.  

This tournament was sometimes criticised due to the low number of participants, and often didn't generate the excitement amongst fans that was expected.  Amongst clubs, however, the only trophy more sought after than this one is the Ceres World Title.

Velusian Cup Winners Cup

Another ten team tournament, but one that often gets a better reputation than its supposed superior.  Every national cup winner goes into a straight two-legged knockout system to crown a victor.

Because of the more unpredictable nature of cup competition, these tournaments often yield unusual participants.  The games don't hold as much quality, but they are often exciting.

Velusian Trophy

When the idea of one tournament to rule them all fell through, clubs who had watched dollar signs flash up weren't happy.  As a result, a third competition was planned where the 32 best qualifiers that aren't involved in the other two competitions face off.  Again, there have been criticisms that having so many teams involved dilutes the quality, and also that it draws too much attention away from the competitions that are supposed to be more prestigious.  Still, it gives more clubs a taste of Continental football each season.

6 hours ago, Sankalan said:

So, how does the qualification to Velusian Trophy work? Is it dynamic?

Also, are more continents planned? And what about existing countries?

I probably jumped the gun on that one, as I'm not sure whether it'll work the way I've set it.  My aim is to have the champion go into the Champions League, then the next 2 or 3 into the trophy.  It won't be dynamic, but given the low number of nations, there aren't really massive differences in the numbers from each nation.  Larger ones will have more, obviously, but not too much difference.  Don't think dynamic is possible - might be via advanced rules, but I'm trying to avoid those.

There is one other continent planned for definite, and most of the stuff is written for it.  I've even managed to launch a game and run it for a few years without crashes.  Still needs fleshed out though.  Existing countries will still exist and for the most part still run as normal, but I won't be concentrating on them at all.  I'm looking to make a completely closed system, only transfers allowed will be within nationalities of the new nations.  International and Continental competitions will replace the existing.

On 12/2/2016 at 19:25, forameuss said:

One thing I am trying to do with it is to have a wide range of aspects to league systems around the world.  It would be absolutely pointless for me just to make loads of sets of 20-team, 3-up 3-down systems, especially when I find them incredibly tedious.  So far I've got small leagues playing each other 4 times, a slightly larger group with a late split (similar to Scottish Premiership), more odd kinds of splits, right up to the more traditional systems.  But if anyone has any ideas on other things I could incorporate, I'm happy to listen.  They have to be possible using the basic rules though, as I don't understand the advanced rules at the best of times, let alone having to code up how to generate them dynamically.

One thing I think I am missing here is a country with reigional set up, Like Brazil. Should be possible with basic rules.

would also love to see a country A la Linchestien/Canada , whose teams play in another country's league but have a cup of their own.

41 minutes ago, forameuss said:

I probably jumped the gun on that one, as I'm not sure whether it'll work the way I've set it.  My aim is to have the champion go into the Champions League, then the next 2 or 3 into the trophy.  It won't be dynamic, but given the low number of nations, there aren't really massive differences in the numbers from each nation.  Larger ones will have more, obviously, but not too much difference.  Don't think dynamic is possible - might be via advanced rules, but I'm trying to avoid those.

There is one other continent planned for definite, and most of the stuff is written for it.  I've even managed to launch a game and run it for a few years without crashes.  Still needs fleshed out though.  Existing countries will still exist and for the most part still run as normal, but I won't be concentrating on them at all.  I'm looking to make a completely closed system, only transfers allowed will be within nationalities of the new nations.  International and Continental competitions will replace the existing.

I think some people in the editors hideway can suryly help, this is a big project and community help is always useful. Btw, If other countries wil remain as they are, why not replace minor countries only?

7 minutes ago, Sankalan said:

One thing I think I am missing here is a country with reigional set up, Like Brazil. Should be possible with basic rules.

would also love to see a country A la Linchestien/Canada , whose teams play in another country's league but have a cup of their own.

On the second point, you will see something very much like that in the second continent.  The first is something I've often done in other edits, something that hadn't crossed my mind actually this time, might look to do that.

7 minutes ago, Sankalan said:

I think some people in the editors hideway can suryly help, this is a big project and community help is always useful. Btw, If other countries wil remain as they are, why not replace minor countries only?

It's not that time-consuming really, and selfishly I'd rather keep it to myself and have everything of my own making.  Might change in future though.  With generating it all via script, it's not a huge deal to make widespread changes, most of the time is just ironing out the issues in generation rather than actually editing.

Naming of players doesn't work correctly if you don't replace the right nations.  That's why the ones I've used are quite random.  Each nation gets moved into the host continent with another moved out to replace it.  I don't think it really matters which nations I replace as I won't be even looking at what happens outside of the edits.  If they all break, fair enough, as long as my parts work.

EDIT: Should also add that the number of nations I've currently changed (25) is also starting to degrade performance in terms of processing.  Initially I don't want an edit so big that performance will drag, otherwise I'll barely get very far into it at all.  In the future I'd want every nation on Earth to be replaced, but that's over 200 more nations...

If I had a pound for every crash dump...

Now going into the tremendously fun part where things aren't what they seem, and from your several thousands changes you need to identify which ones are breaking things.  Probably started this thread a little too early! 

Still, I'm posting to allow for a bit of community customisation to this.  I've cut back a little, folding a few nations into one, but one particular region of that nation now has 12 placeholder teams.  I can fill these in with standard names, but I think it would be good for those following if they could have their own horse in the race.

So basically what I need from those interested is...

Team Name: 
City Name: 
Stadium Name:

The teams will form part of a regional championship, so will all be up against each other.  They'll also take part in the main national championship, similar to how things work in Brazil.  I'll be assigning them low reputations that will see them as relatively low in the wider nation, but they'll all be very similar with each other.  I've yet to decide whether I'll assign players that I randomly create or whether I'll just let the game generate them all.  

To those that have posted, thank you. Forgot to say, if you could post kit colours as well then that'll give a bit more customisation. Can also also add kit style as well if you like-preferably one as seen in the editor

With all the crash dumps I'm getting, I may run a shorter version as a test while I work on refining things. Not ideal but it'll at least get some content in here while I make it better

Team Name: FC Alsviga
City Name: Alsviga City
Stadium Name: Alsviga Arena

Kit: To be like the Seattle Sounders kits, here is what they look like: (Sorry if its bad quality)

Screenshot_2016-12-17-09-21-51-1.png

Archived