Regen Facepacks

nb9

Looks dreadful though. Just did it and all the faces are stretched wrongly, out of position and mess up your own managers face.

Not a clue what the developers have done differently to the faces this year - but I fail to see how it is a positive change.

• Removing the ability to upload your own manager picture, which is just completely bizarre. Still yet to see a reason, or think of one in my head as to why this feature was excluded from the game.
  • All the new regen faces seem to look exactly the same, and as mentioned above - all have massive foreheads and look like raving crack heads. At least with the old faces only a few of your regens look like they lived with Tony Montana or wanted to eat your brain.
  • Hairstyles of regens have absolutely no variety, they all look like balding men or 12 year old children. I understand there is more pressing issues for SI, but when you get 10+ years into a save and everybody has these faces it's an absolute buzz kill.

I mean, I am heavy on graphic use and as are a lot of Football Manager players, and there seems to be lots and lots of bugs surrounding the GUI, faces and especially your own manager face. From the manager faces alone I have encountered endless amounts of bugs (most of them already reported).

Not sure why they made so many changes, as the cosmetic feel of the game is important to a lot of people, myself included.

Apologies for the rant - I went off on a little bit of a tangent. Hope a new facepack comes up soon for regens.

We began the work on the Debki's Word of Hairstyles for FM17 yesterday, but stopped it quickly again. This years version has seen SI release a game, where it looks like no one really cared to test anything when it comes to regens, before release. 

All regens look almost identical, whether they are african, european, latin or whatever. African regens have all sorts of crazy unrealistic eyecolours - most of the Ghana national team in our test were green and blue eyed (WTF!?) while all looking alike facial structure wise. Another thing is that afro-skinned people/players, almost have the same skin colour like fair skinned ones - there is hardly any difference. See further down.

Here are some clear examples (took me under one minut to collect these, just by testing on the first team i even entered (Dortmund):

s4wUS.jpg

Same eyebrows, faceshape, cheekbones, chin, nose, mouth, eyes....It's really beyond belief something like this can be released to be honest.

s4424.jpg

Example of the first African team i entered on a all-regen newly created game:

s4JVW.jpg

In real life when you see a black skinned, green or blue eyed, person, it's almost a genetic wonder, and the ones having it are regarded highly unique individuals visually. In FM17 it's almost as if finding 2 brown eyed, black skinned players, is a genetic miracle. Even finidng a black skinned person is actually a miracle, they all look almost fair skinned, regardless of where they come from - on top of looking like the same guy, with a different wig.

More examples from other people in the community:

asdf_001.thumb.png.8290b25b929224d29bfc6

5230f1e4fce8ea26bcea85b3a818c68c.png

Another issue is that SI has chosen to move the overlay of the hair graphical files, creating a 10px border at the bottom of the regen face, which therefore can't be reached with custom graphicis, resulting in all beards being cutoff around the chin neck - in other words, it's not possible to have bearded styles, which 10-15% of our hairstyles are.

Here is an example. The red area is that of any given hair file - meaning the part below (chin/neck) can't be covered:

s4x4C.png

That's a pity :(

I always thought that the hairpacks gave a bit more colour and personality to the regens, but perhaps SI were restricted from doing anything more by the fact that the regen face system is, I believe, created by a different company.

3 minutes ago, Mons said:

That's a pity :(

I always thought that the hairpacks gave a bit more colour and personality to the regens, but perhaps SI were restricted from doing anything more by the fact that the regen face system is, I believe, created by a different company.

Only one thing to say there: Don't touch it if it ain't broke!

Great post Dimitri.

I would love to know why they are doing this.

What in gods name was wrong with it before? Utterly bizarre, and no comment at all from SI.

Ruined the cosmetic feel of the game; especially when in a long save.

On 02/12/2016 at 13:30, DimitriFromParis said:

We began the work on the Debki's Word of Hairstyles for FM17 yesterday, but stopped it quickly again. This years version has seen SI release a game, where it looks like no one really cared to test anything when it comes to regens, before release. 

All regens look almost identical, whether they are african, european, latin or whatever. African regens have all sorts of crazy unrealistic eyecolours - most of the Ghana national team in our test were green and blue eyed (WTF!?) while all looking alike facial structure wise. Another thing is that afro-skinned people/players, almost have the same skin colour like fair skinned ones - there is hardly any difference. See further down.

Here are some clear examples (took me under one minut to collect these, just by testing on the first team i even entered (Dortmund):

s4wUS.jpg

Same eyebrows, faceshape, cheekbones, chin, nose, mouth, eyes....It's really beyond belief something like this can be released to be honest.

s4424.jpg

Example of the first African team i entered on a all-regen newly created game:

s4JVW.jpg

In real life when you see a black skinned, green or blue eyed, person, it's almost a genetic wonder, and the ones having it are regarded highly unique individuals visually. In FM17 it's almost as if finding 2 brown eyed, black skinned players, is a genetic miracle. Even finidng a black skinned person is actually a miracle, they all look almost fair skinned, regardless of where they come from - on top of looking like the same guy, with a different wig.

More examples from other people in the community:

asdf_001.thumb.png.8290b25b929224d29bfc6

5230f1e4fce8ea26bcea85b3a818c68c.png

Another issue is that SI has chosen to move the overlay of the hair graphical files, creating a 10px border at the bottom of the regen face, which therefore can't be reached with custom graphicis, resulting in all beards being cutoff around the chin neck - in other words, it's not possible to have bearded styles, which 10-15% of our hairstyles are.

Here is an example. The red area is that of any given hair file - meaning the part below (chin/neck) can't be covered:

s4x4C.png

Hi Dimitri,

It's such a shame because these facepacks made longer saves that much more enjoyable because Regens often looked pretty unique. Is this a scrap all together for the whole of FM17? Because even if you can't do much with the face variety I would love a hair pack that has much better hair and actually fits the regens properly. It has to be better than the awful original! I Still think FM14/15 had the best regen faces. It's a shame you can't just copy over the facegen from those games and they work on FM17.

This is a real face replacement pack, originally made by the German community. I updated the pack, so it will work with FM2017. There is still an issue that you can see the lower part of the chin of the original newgen. 

But I think for the time being, until this is fixed, this pack is the best alternative.

Original credits:

Credits:

BigBoss96, crocodile, maalivathi, P-Jo    BETA: Stefan von Undzu, vonreichsm, Rune

Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!vI0wFQiS!U0Yi4LQedVCeft1C3Uo17HVQDK0YWYs__utja1Hfi4Y

2qz224sh.png

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

This is a real face replacement pack, originally made by the German community. I updated the pack, so it will work with FM2017. There is still an issue that you can see the lower part of the chin of the original newgen. 

But I think for the time being, until this is fixed, this pack is the best alternative.

Original credits:

Credits:

BigBoss96, crocodile, maalivathi, P-Jo    BETA: Stefan von Undzu, vonreichsm, Rune

Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!nYEWgYyJ!ulM6s3Xy8YNlkN67zjduMI7cgKTGAAAtU7RRa6MU4fE

2qz224sh.png

That's what I'm using, it works just fine except for the issue you mentioned. And they don't have a clue how to fix it

On 03.12.2016 at 19:42, KUBI said:

Original credits:

Credits:

Download link:

2qz224sh.png

That's it !. Thanks KUBI.This is the best for FM17 amongst the others.So how do we get the update new if that little problem gets fixed soon ? Will somebody open a thread here ? 

By the way, north african regens look asian is there anyway to fix this ? 

On 12/4/2016 at 05:42, KUBI said:

Original credits:

Credits:

Download link:

2qz224sh.png

kubi just this just replace the hair folder within the facegen file

6 minutes ago, whoopy said:

Players from Algeria,Tunuisa,Morocco etc. looks Asian, is there anyway to fix this?

I don't think so, as the hair folder has very basic ethnicities and northern Africa is not covered.

37 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I don't think so, as the hair folder has very basic ethnicities and northern Africa is not covered.

Thanks for the quick answer.So we need to wait for the next perfect regen pack then . Until then we will keep seeing Japanese and Chinese guys :)

On 08/12/2016 at 03:17, whoopy said:

Thanks for the quick answer.So we need to wait for the next perfect regen pack then . Until then we will keep seeing Japanese and Chinese guys :)

If you haven't loaded up Asian nations but do use North African ones, it would be easy to make pictures of N Africans and replace the ones in the Asian folder.

7 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

If you haven't loaded up Asian nations but do use North African ones, it would be easy to make pictures of N Africans and replace the ones in the Asian folder.

I didn't understand what you mean.Could you be more clear about what to do :)  

16 minutes ago, whoopy said:

I didn't understand what you mean.Could you be more clear about what to do :)  

If you go into the folder you installed,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\facegen\hair\asia

you'll see hundreds of png files of pictures of Asian faces that the mod team have made.

You can make pictures of North African faces, edited to be same size as the Asian ones. Give them the same files names and replace the Asian ones, and your faces will show up instead.

On 10/12/2016 at 12:42, phnompenhandy said:

You can make pictures of North African faces, edited to be same size as the Asian ones. Give them the same files names and replace the Asian ones, and your faces will show up instead.

Thinking along the same lines, there is nothing stopping a very patient individual (or group) with a LOT of spare time to use the Mega Face pack from Sortitoutsi and split & rename those faces that suit into the different  Afro/Asia/Euro/Hispanic/Mixed_race & short/long/medium categories. The pictures are already there, there are the correct size and it would only (:D) mean changing the file name and adding the re-named picture to the Config files. Maybe some batch file would even make it a quick process to rename the pictures?

Yes that would mean maybe somewhere in the world, a regen would look like Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar, but that would be a very very small price to pay as the regen diversity would be enormous. The current German file has nearly 3000 pictures which is  means you will get eventually get double ups at some stage. Can you imagine a similar file with 100,000 + different faces.

Ahh, I can dream, but anything is better than these new Regen pics that we are now stuck with. Even with the fix in the latest patch the faces are not very diverse and most of them have those haunting eyes that look more at home in a Zombie Apocalypse game that a Foot ball one.

It's an easy task on a mac to rename hundreds of pictures with just two or three clicks, I guess there should be something similar possible in windows?

For example you can change the name and add increasing figures, exactly what you need to rename pictures from black_001.png to black_500.png or whatever you need.

I'm using PMSC pic-generator pack that KUBI shared and I backed up the original hair folder.New update has some changes they say so if I want to see the changes is it enough to delete pack hair folder and past original hair folder in facegen folder?Would the changes in facegen with 17.2 update will be included for the game then? Or do I need to delete the game completely so that to get fully smooth facegen update with 17.2 ?

Facegen is not part of your saved game. It works similar to additional graphics, like facepacks. 

You can change it whenever you want. After replacing the hair folder you need to delete/empty the cache and re-start the game. 

Just now, KUBI said:

Facegen is not part of your saved game. It works similar to additional graphics, like facepacks. 

You can change it whenever you want. After replacing the hair folder you need to delete/empty the cache and re-start the game. 

I mean, the original hair folder is from the 17.1 update.What if SI brought some new files into the facegen folder.I have backup of 17.1 hair folder and if I paste it into there will I see the new differences ?  

When you right click on FM2017 within steam -->properties -->local files --> verify game content

Steam will load the missing files. (Including all other you may have removed for different reasons...)

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

When you right click on FM2017 within steam -->properties -->local files --> verify game content

Steam will load the missing files. (Including all other you may have removed for different reasons...)

thank you so much KUBI I appreciate that !

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2016 at 16:42, KUBI said:

Original credits:

Credits:

Download link:

2qz224sh.png

It says this file no longer exists.

1 hour ago, JamsyLFC said:

Hi Kubi, sorry to bother you mate, but how do I now remove the old regen face from underneath the new picture?

Some of the old regens still seem to there  and they're bald as well.

Read the issues part in the OP link

1 hour ago, JamsyLFC said:

Hi Kubi, sorry to bother you mate, but how do I now remove the old regen face from underneath the new picture?

Some of the old regens still seem to there  and they're bald as well.

You need to download an replace this folder too:  (facegen/little_endian/model_sets/male/manager/face)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1v43y603a37ybrd/manager+face.rar

Arrrrggghhhhh...What the hell am I doing wrong?

Replaced the hair file with the downloaded one. Done the same with the manager/face one. Cleared the cache on my game, reloaded the skin. Now restarted the game, but my managers face in no longer showing and then when I go to my youth team I now have loads of regens with no faces. Not even the shadow outlined were a face can go. It only seems to of loaded two pictures from the pack on there as well. Very frustrating. I know I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.

Quick question. When I download the manager/face download, do I delete everything from the original file, or do I just replace like for like, like I have done?

Another thing, when I quit to the main menu, my manager that is standing there now has white eyeballs.

Please can some kind person with a bit of time on their hands please help, because I'm a novice at all this and I really could do with it.

Many thanks,

Jamsy.

On 23.1.2017 at 11:43, JamsyLFC said:

Arrrrggghhhhh...What the hell am I doing wrong?

Replace the whole folder. (manager/Face)

After that try this: Put the whole graphics folder on your desktop, empty cache and restart the game, after that put the graphics folder back and again empty cache and restart the game.

You will lose the manager face if you did not start it with the photo option, as manager faces are generated the same way as the newgen faces in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 03/12/2016 at 16:42, KUBI said:

Original credits:

Credits:

Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!vI0wFQiS!U0Yi4LQedVCeft1C3Uo17HVQDK0YWYs__utja1Hfi4Y

2qz224sh.png

Any chance of this again for FM18?

Or this :p 

Just now, danmegtheman said:

but it should be possible for FM18 to use a similar pack? Is there any chance that there will be a pack that makes Newgens have a photo, instead of that default faces, which really are not very beautiful. Imho this destroys immersion of the game.

No, as already posted, this is not possible in FM 2018.

of course its not possible that way, it was solved in FM17 because the whole structure of newgen faces has changed.

I was just asking if perhaps its possible that some mod could solve it in another way? 

In that case thats really disappointing for me, because i really dont like the default faces. imho it simply destroys immersion of the game because the faces dont look very good.

Of course i know that its possible to give any player i want to a specific photo..... but this is very inconvinient, even though i just do it for my own players.

Archived