Sports Interactive Community
Carlito85

Custom Champions/Europa League Worked Fine Last Year. Not So Much This Year. Help?

I made a 2 group phase Champions League/Europa League, which I've been carrying over for a few years now. However I'm having way more problems with this year's editor than I expected, even though I copy and pasted this file over from 2016 which worked perfectly fine:

- Leicester, even though they should appear at the group stage, are appearing in both the 3rd qualifying round and the group stage, regardless of whether they win or lose, while Tottenham didn't even appear at all
- Man Utd are appearing in both the Champions League and Europa League competitions, even though the seeding is untouched from 2016
- Can't add squad registration for either competition (Not fully sure how to do this exactly either)
- Having trouble getting a 3rd placed team in the first group stage of the Champions League to drop into the second group phase of the Europa League

EDIT: Just a bit of an update on this. I'm thinking the Leicester issue has something to do with Leicester being Champions League first-timers and having a low seeding in the competition? The ruling in the editor is set to get 'Lowest Seeded Qualified Teams', and it looks like this has caused Leicester to go into the 3rd qualifying round, replacing Tottenham, and Man Utd for some reason enter at the CL group stage, as well as playing in Europa.

File added for anyone who wants to take a look at it.

UEFA Champions League & Europa League - Final _4AFD759C-88AF-47AD-9EEE-4710C2CDC399.fmf

Edited by Carlito85

Can somebody please at least try and help me out here? I've tried everything I can and I'm just having zero luck with it.

I'd like to get this up for download if I can get it working.

@KUBI Could you help me with the seeding for this by any chance?

3rd qualifying round is set to get 'Lowest Seeded Qualifying Teams', however this means that whenever a new team such as Leicester qualifies via the top 2 spots they're being called in both the 3rd qualifying round and the group stage. Tottenham are also being subbed out for Leicester in the 3rd qual. round, and Man Utd are appearing in both comps in the first year.

Sorry to keep bumping this but I've tried everything I can think of in order to fix it myself. I'm out of ideas.

Did you try it with "get qualified teams for comp"? If you combine it with the "seeding of qualified teams" which should be 1, if the direct qualified has 0 or vice versa.

2 hours ago, KUBI said:

Did you try it with "get qualified teams for comp"? If you combine it with the "seeding of qualified teams" which should be 1, if the direct qualified has 0 or vice versa.

Thanks for the response.

Tried with the combination of seeding of qualified teams set to 1. It still calls Leicester in the 3rd round instead of Spurs. Man Utd are still coming in at the group stage too (even though they should only be in Europa), while Spurs are totally out of the competition.

Edited by Carlito85

This looks like a bug and you should report it in the bugs forum.

@KUBI

Some good news and some bad news. I've been working at this over the weekend and I've managed to fix everything, for the first season (minus 3rd placed dropouts into Europa). The bug with grabbing first timers in the UCL 3rd round instead of just the group stage may still crop up with teams like Leicester, but it's hard to tell as all the big teams keep qualifying in the automatic spots, and it works fine with those. I'll run a few more tests tonight.

However the problem I'm having is that in every season after 2016-17, the Europa League first qualifying round isn't getting the 8 winners from the Intertoto Cup. This is the only problem I appear to have left, and with this sorted the file should be ready for an initial release while I try to configure an alternate version including the 3rd placed Champions League dropouts.

I've included a pic of the rules I've set in the editor below:

FM17 Europa League Get Teams From Intertoto Rules.png

I've also just found that in the first season Europa is picking up both winners and losers sporadically from Intertoto. Would both of these issues be bugs?

Edited by Carlito85

During testing/verifying of the competitions I'm getting the message "UEFA Champions League (2017) and UEFA Europa League (2016) have different years set". Where is the option to change this?

My "Year" and "Base year for dates" for all competitions are set at 2013.

Also for anyone that can help, I have seemingly fixed all of my original issues, but a new one has cropped up in that Europa plays for the first season only, while the Intertoto plays for the first two seasons only. No idea why as the Champions League runs every year, and they all have the same yearly interval settings. Any suggestions?

Edited by Carlito85

Ok so the only problem I have left outside of verifying the file is that the first round of the Europa League is now calling the Intertoto winners from the previous year instead of the same year. For the first two seasons it calls the same Intertoto teams from the first season i.e. West Ham and Sevilla etc.

@KUBI or anybody that is more comfortable with the editor than I am, is there any way you can help me out with this? I've attached the file below.

Thanks.

FM17 - UEFA Competitions Revamp - 2 Group Stages_188768C9-AB6D-4778-805F-351B3E4C4812.fmf

Carlito, 

During testing/verifying of the competitions I'm getting the message "UEFA Champions League (2017) and UEFA Europa League (2016) have different years set". Where is the option to change this?

My "Year" and "Base year for dates" for all competitions are set at 2013.

Also for anyone that can help, I have seemingly fixed all of my original issues, but a new one has cropped up in that Europa plays for the first season only, while the Intertoto plays for the first two seasons only. No idea why as the Champions League runs every year, and they all have the same yearly interval settings. Any suggestions?

I am also having the same error in an update that I am doing for the new South American competitions formats. Were you able to resolve this error?

I'm getting the same "Comp X (2017) and Comp Y (2016) have different years set" and all I've done is tweak the Stadiums to Neutral for the Finals of the European Cup/UEFA Cup/Cup Winners' Cup on the "old school" European Cup file from avtandil.

On 15/12/2016 at 15:55, Carlito85 said:

During testing/verifying of the competitions I'm getting the message "UEFA Champions League (2017) and UEFA Europa League (2016) have different years set". Where is the option to change this?

My "Year" and "Base year for dates" for all competitions are set at 2013.

I know this is a super old thread, but I am running into this with my file in 2020. Did you ever find a fix for this?

europecap.fmf

1 hour ago, skred said:

I know this is a super old thread, but I am running into this with my file in 2020. Did you ever find a fix for this?

europecap.fmf 17.84 kB · 0 downloads

As far as I remember I got things working correctly in FM 2018, and then they messed up again in 2019 and 2020 lol. That was when trying to qualify Europa League winners for the Champions League, so I've had to leave that stipulation out of my project again this year.